• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OP/Broken Cards

Hands

I was saying Boo-urns
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 15, 2022
Super boost energy is ridiculous

Years
I myself think of Broken Time-Space nearly instantly when I think of broken cards. I do kinda miss its existence though, because it made so many evolution decks just as viable as the big basics of the SP Engine that was introduced in the same set as BTS was.

Super boost energy is ridiculous

Agreed. Fortunately for balance, so are the requirements to max it out.

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
There's a few that come to mind from the vintage sets. I have to say that any ability 'mon that allows for mass energy acceleration once it hits the field is, not broken, but definitely OP. Magnezone, Embour, Blastoise.
I also think the whole concept behind LostGar(lost world, gengar prime) could have been broken if it would have been utalized correctly, and had few more cards that we have nowadays.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
Maybe overpowered is a big word, but I really REALLY do not like the design on Seismitoad EX. Combined with all the support in hammers, team flare grunts, Acerola etc, that deck is just complete garbage to play against.

I'm not too fond of some of the extreme numbers on some of the lost thunder cards too. Granbull being the main culprit here, doing like 160 damage for a single energy is insane.

Back