• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
I was going through the Tilesets in Ruby to find a blank Tile data and made a discovery. I think tileset 37 are beta tiles. Are they used anywhere in the game, or are they (like said) beta tiles? I presume they are unused, as everywhere I guessed doesn't use them (Gyms, Trick House...)

Last edited:

CrimsonBurstX

\m/ >.< \m/
Years
Rom fix

please help me! I have tried everything I can find to fix this rom but it won't work! please someone fix this for me!

Sorry the files won't load so i'll post them later.

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I was going through the Tilesets in Ruby to find a blank Tile data and made a discovery. I think tileset 37 are beta tiles. Are they used anywhere in the game, or are they (like said) beta tiles? I presume they are unused, as everywhere I guessed doesn't use them (Gyms, Trick House...)

Can you post a quick snapshot of that tileset? I don't have a Ruby on me currently.

Years
  • Age 32
  • CA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009
I've searched around extensively for an answer, but how would one go around editing the text in a Pokemon Blue ROM? The hex editors I've tried don't work on Blue, and as for programs, can only find ones related to text editing for the Advanced versions.

Thanks a lot!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
I've searched around extensively for an answer, but how would one go around editing the text in a Pokemon Blue ROM? The hex editors I've tried don't work on Blue, and as for programs, can only find ones related to text editing for the Advanced versions.

Thanks a lot!

Hex editors are not specific as to which version (or even which game) they work for.

You just need to find a Blue version table file, which is effectively a translator that displays the hex code as English (on parts that include text).

The following attachment should work. Just extract the .tbl file from the .zip file, load up the Blue ROM in the hex editor, then open the table file (method differs depending on your hex editor), and search for the text you want to change!

Rexhunter99

C/C++ Programmer
Years
  • Age 32
  • Atla
  • Seen Sep 14, 2016
Hi, I've been lucky enough so far to actually have all the tools I need (up until now) and to actually have the brain to try some trial and error with hacking the Advance games... but I think I just ran out of luck ^^;

Now, I've been working on tilesets (please hear me out) and my problem is not inserting a new tileset, no, my problem is actually that I cannot edit the block data. I've saved the block data for my tileset with the extension ".bvd" in AdvanceMap and now I can't find a tool that edits that data, nor do I know the format (if I did, I'd have made my own editor... and I fail at hacking formats ^^; ) I HAVE SEARCHED THE FORUMS, AND Q&A TOPICS FOR AN ANSWER! (sorry but I wasn't yelling, people don't always read the entire post... at least capitals are read) but I yielded no result... I'd really like to edit the block images...

Thanks in advance.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Hello there pipz...
I have a question I wish to be answered...

My question is that...
How can we activate the PLAYER to be on Surfing from standing in RSE?
I need to know what command to use.
Thanks~

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
This is the said tileset which I think is unused:
5ba1oo.png

I promise you that I am looking through an unmodified Ruby ROM. Check for yourselves if you don't believe me. Are these unused?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
Give me places to look, and I'll look, I've looked through the Trick House, the gyms, the Hideout... Can't see them.

Larsie13

Give me places to look, and I'll look, I've looked through the Trick House, the gyms, the Hideout... Can't see them.

Well, it's simple. Just sort the maps by Tileset number, and you'll see that not a single map uses tileset 37.

Years
  • Age 32
  • CA
  • Seen Apr 10, 2009

Hex editors are not specific as to which version (or even which game) they work for.

You just need to find a Blue version table file, which is effectively a translator that displays the hex code as English (on parts that include text).

The following attachment should work. Just extract the .tbl file from the .zip file, load up the Blue ROM in the hex editor, then open the table file (method differs depending on your hex editor), and search for the text you want to change!
Thanks for the .tbl file! I'm having a bit of trouble, though - which hex editor would be best to open it up with? Translhextion doesn't seem to like the file.

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
Years
This is the said tileset which I think is unused:
5ba1oo.png

I promise you that I am looking through an unmodified Ruby ROM. Check for yourselves if you don't believe me. Are these unused?
Does anyone know if there is an unused tileset like this in fire red?

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Apr 20, 2024
What, beta tiles? There isn't up to 59 I think... I didn't check further. I will be though.

35 looked weird... Might be unused, but look like the binocular stands, but say are unused...

Last edited:

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
Thanks for the .tbl file! I'm having a bit of trouble, though - which hex editor would be best to open it up with? Translhextion doesn't seem to like the file.

I've always used Hexecute, personally. It hasn't been updated in a long time, but it still works. You can grab it from most places with hex editors.

Years
Er, this may have been answered somewhere after the 3rd page (I really am inpatient, and I apoligise.), but how do I have someone speak before a battle? I can't script at all :P (Please don't tell me if I can't script, I shouldn't be here... it happened before) So, is there any simple thing I can do?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back