• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

A quick question about GX Ultra Shiny Cards

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
While identyfing the Japanese GX Ultra Shiny cards, I saw the little characters ('A' or 'B') behind the SM8b Set Symbol.

What do they mean? O_O Are they a replacement for the '1 EDITION' symbol? I learned a lot about First Editions (thanks to Fairy and Donavannj) but this is still an issue

So again: how can I tell if they are First Edition?

Same question for Japanese Shining Legends cards

Attachments

• 20190514_072557.jpg
    20190514_072557.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 4
  • 20190514_072619.jpg
    20190514_072619.jpg
    17.8 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Years
So, those have nothing to do with edition and everything to do with Japan's format rotations for the actual game part. They're basically indicators for a few different blocks of cards (IIRC, there's A, B, and C for blocks), and A block cards will become unusable in specific Japanese formats sometime later this year, iirc. B block will rotate sometime in 2020, and C block in either later 2020 or in 2021, but I can't say with certainty that these are the exact times these will happen, only with certainty of what they are for.

They're a new thing on Japanese cards.

There are no 1st Edition cards on anything after Japan's equivalent to XY Evolutions (this I found out just now as I don't personally actively collect Japanese cards, let alone first edition prints). The start of the Sun & Moon block in Japan phased them out. So there's no 1st Editions in GX Ultra Shiny.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 18, 2020
So, those have nothing to do with edition and everything to do with Japan's format rotations for the actual game part. They're basically indicators for a few different blocks of cards (IIRC, there's A, B, and C for blocks), and A block cards will become unusable in specific Japanese formats sometime later this year, iirc. B block will rotate sometime in 2020, and C block in either later 2020 or in 2021, but I can't say with certainty that these are the exact times these will happen, only with certainty of what they are for.

They're a new thing on Japanese cards.

There are no 1st Edition cards on anything after Japan's equivalent to XY Evolutions (this I found out just now as I don't personally actively collect Japanese cards, let alone first edition prints). The start of the Sun & Moon block in Japan phased them out. So there's no 1st Editions in GX Ultra Shiny.

OK thanks for your nice reaction. It was really helpful. Thank you 😊

Back