The PokéCommunity Forums Fan Games Games Showcase
Demo (JOHTO + KANTO Campaigns Released) Pokémon Tri-Master (~2.0 GB)

Games Showcase This forum is for non-ROM hacked games created by the community. Browse the collection or post your own!

Closed Thread

Old February 17th, 2018 (5:10 AM).

Nature: Brave
    thanks, the bug is gone

Relevant Advertising!

Old February 17th, 2018 (9:42 AM).

Quote:
      Originally Posted by RenElite View Post
      The game doesn't start on me and It's been almost ten minutes since I started the launcher. Please help!
      You can try restarting your computer to see if that will help.
      Old February 17th, 2018 (9:46 AM).

Hey AngelsAdvent77, i just came across your starting male and female protagonists, and i was wondering if i could use them for a Fan Game i'm making, it's under development right now, but your more then welcome to download and play it if you want, if i can use your male and female protagonists for my Fan Game.
        Old February 17th, 2018 (7:55 PM).

Quote:
          Originally Posted by AngelsAdvent77 View Post
          You gotta finish the LT. Surge + Falkner event at Sprout Tower first :)
          Its funny, I thought that because I hadn't gone yet and surge was there. Should have just continued xD My body is so ready for Raidramon. It hasn't been in any digimon based game I've played. and when I was young I bought the toy for my friend's b-day. Never saw it again to buy it for me. I have what one would call *little girl excitement* for this thing!!
          Old February 17th, 2018 (8:44 PM).

Quote:
            Originally Posted by MasterJesus View Post
            My body is so ready for Raidramon. It hasn't been in any digimon based game I've played.
            That probably explains why I couldn't find a back sprite for it ! I had to use more of a "side-sprite" :smile:
            However, if for some reason, you ever find a back sprite for it, let me know !
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by MasterJesus View Post
            I have what one would call *little girl excitement* for this thing!!
            Lol, good to know :laugh-squinted:
            I actually also added MAGNAMON in but I didn't let Veemon users have it since it seemed unfair to those who chose Hawkmon or Armadillomon. Same goes for PEGASUSMON and NEFERTIMON :frown:
            Guess they'll be in post-Game though :nod:
            Old February 18th, 2018 (3:03 AM).

Nature: Adamant
              Quote:
              You can try restarting your computer to see if that will help.
              Restarted my PC for 3 times now, still doesn't work. I can't really get it why this game needs to start with a launcher to be honest, most fangames who are really good like Insurgence and Reborn does not need one. Even Uranium does not require one.
              Old February 18th, 2018 (12:21 PM). Edited February 18th, 2018 by Jewels12180.

hi angelsadvent77 hi have good news sacred just uploaded a ep of your game heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MmKHXevNk
                Old February 18th, 2018 (12:24 PM).
                The Delta Pokémon Researcher

Nature: Modest
                  I'm gonna be honest man, this project is very rough looking, especially graphically. There are a lot of sprites that are poorly resized, not properly balance, or in the wrong style even if they were properly sized (gen 4 mixed with gen 5 is not very pretty). There are maps that have odd collisions on them (though overall they aren't bad maps), and most importantly there are some sprites that were clearly taken from other projects without permission (for example Nucleon which was blatantly taken from Pokémon Uranium without permission as far as I can see, and I'm sure there might be more.

You seriously need to take some time to polish and clean up your game because right now it just sort of feels like a mess. story wise it's alright, so i see some potential, but please take some time before you put out another update to clean the game graphically especially, and remove the sprites that do not have any proper permission or credit.
                  Old February 18th, 2018 (1:55 PM).

I spent 2 years creating this game without much anyone else knowing about it. Along the way, I have learned several things on how to design a Pokémon game.

Many things that took me hours to do when I started now take me minutes. However, there are still a lot of things I don’t know and many other things I’d like to learn.

Having said this, I do have a “note” for other game developers. . . .
                    Quote:
                    When you ask yourself. . . . . . . .

How many long hours have you spent. . . . . . Writing the story for your game and character development ? . . . . . How many times have you opened a picture file to make just the tiniest of edits to get the sprite right ? . . . . How many times have you searched for or created the right audio files for the right moments ? . . . . How many hours did you spend incorporating Mega Evolution and Z-Moves ? . . . . How much time have you spent programming events and other mechanics into your game ? . . . .

If you know your answer to all of these questions . . . .then your time spent on your game was well spent. . . . purely for your own sake and no other’s . . . .

If you know what I’m talking about . . . . Especially if you’ve been doing it yourself or with a few friends then maybe you’ll understand. . . . That you’ve truly created a piece of work you genuinely love . . . . And a piece of work that will be memorable for you . . . .
                    I didn’t create this game for attention . . . . .
                    I didn’t create this game to appeal to anyone’s demands. . . . .

I created this game alone using whatever resources I could find. (A note indicating credits TBA has always been on the first post).
                    This game was NEVER originally intended for public release.

I purely only wanted to create a Pokémon world for myself to enjoy.
                    And if only just a very few other people enjoy it . . . . Just a few . . . . then I am content with that. . . . . .

The HOENN Campaign will (and has) gone on as originally planned. There is not much to do now to influence how the game will end. However, there are and will always be room for improvement like any other game.

But my vision for the game really is coming to a close. . . . As simply a Pokémon fan :laugh-squinted:
                    Old February 18th, 2018 (1:57 PM).

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Jewels12180 View Post
                      hi angelsadvent77 hi have good news sacred just uploaded a ep of your game heres the link https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_MmKHXevNk
                      Yah, I just finished watching it ! Thanks for letting me know.
                      Also, thanks A LOT for being an early tester to find those bugs !
                      Old February 18th, 2018 (2:13 PM).

I just wanted to say how amazing and well thought out this game is. Despite the sometimes odd graphics I enjoy the feel of the game and your ability to near seamlessly connect the two current regions. Seriously looking forward to the Hoenn chapter. You're doing excellent man!!
                        Old February 18th, 2018 (2:28 PM). Edited February 18th, 2018 by Jewels12180.

Quote:
                          Yah, I just finished watching it ! Thanks for letting me know.
                          Also, thanks A LOT for being an early tester to find those bugs !

np and if theirs any other playtesting you need done just let me know :)
                          Old February 18th, 2018 (6:35 PM).
                          Lethe

This looks really cool. Would you have any issue with a Youtube playthrough? Also, will our save file be able to transfer to Hoenn when it comes out?
                            Old February 18th, 2018 (7:17 PM).

Quote:
                              Originally Posted by NickGautier View Post
                              I just wanted to say how amazing and well thought out this game is. Despite the sometimes odd graphics I enjoy the feel of the game and your ability to near seamlessly connect the two current regions. Seriously looking forward to the Hoenn chapter. You're doing excellent man!!
                              Thanks for your comments ! Yah, I think by now a good amount of people have commented on the graphics. I'm not really one for outwardly appearances. You should see how I dress, lol. I guess I'm more of the 'inside being more important' than surface things. But I will definitely work on cleaning up more graphics when I have time !

I'm also glad someone commented on connecting the two regions of KANTO and JOHTO. I had set the KANTO Campaign to finish at around LV 50-ish while JOHTO would be LV 50-100-ish. The HOENN Region was originally going to just be all LV 100 battles, except I was going to try to optimize the movesets of trainers' Pokemon. Luckily, instead I found out that I can set the game to LV 150 max ! Not ideal since no Pokemon learn new moves, but I think its at least better than staying at LV 100 all the time :smile:
                              Quote:
                              Originally Posted by ImLethe View Post
                              This looks really cool. Would you have any issue with a Youtube playthrough? Also, will our save file be able to transfer to Hoenn when it comes out?
                              Yah, that's fine. Anyone can play it on their Youtube channel if they want. No permission required or anything, lol . I know I certainly don't have the equipment nor voice for it myself :laugh-squinted:

I'm also quite certain all save files should be transferable.
                              Old February 18th, 2018 (11:29 PM).

I'm actually now having trouble with my pokemon randomly falling asleep and not sure what quite to do about it. Any tips or help on what i might be able to do to fix the issue myself?
                                Old February 18th, 2018 (11:48 PM).

Quote:
                                  Originally Posted by NickGautier View Post
                                  I'm actually now having trouble with my pokemon randomly falling asleep and not sure what quite to do about it. Any tips or help on what i might be able to do to fix the issue myself?
                                  Oh that's due to the level cap I placed in the game. I was a bit strict with a 100% sleep clause, lol.
                                  It's going to be modified in the next release.
                                  Some people have chosen to strategize and just train other Pokemon to get more badges.

However, if you are interested, I put a switch in the game to remove the level caps. But you'd need to send me your save file to lift it.
                                  Old February 19th, 2018 (2:11 AM). Edited February 19th, 2018 by RenElite.

Restarted my pc, re-downloaded, still it doesn't work. Why does this game requires a launcher? I really want to play it but the launcher won't work at all. I've wasted 2 hours downloading this game again and again but it really won't start. I think you need to release a version that does not require the launcher.

EDIT:
                                    My logs says like this:
                                    Launcher Start...
                                    Launcher.dat exist
                                    Initializing...
                                    Initializing complete!
                                    Checking...

And just stops at that.

EDIT2: I've tried running it on Administrator and showed hopes of working but in the end it just crahses every time. The log says terminating. I don't really get why it doesn't work at all on me.
                                    Old February 19th, 2018 (2:49 AM). Edited February 19th, 2018 by Todolicious.
                                    Todolicious

Hey there, i don't know if i'm supposed to but basically my game starts with Game Starter.exe? The shortcut doesn't work but this does. But everytime I open it my setting changes reset like my speed and full screen. It's weird. My Game Starter.exe file also always downloads stuff before it opens, assuming that's just loading up right?

Btw really great game I would just like to know how to run it and if i'm doing it right? And if I am could you fix that and make it so the settings automatically change to your last ones you did before you exited the game from before. I'm a kind of guy who likes to SR for shinies and my OCD, it's a bit distracting for me and gets on my nerves.

-Great game btw!

Edit: The settings save now :) and i'm in the 2nd town after route 1 and just got my digimon. Everything seems to be going fine! Although please tell me if i'm not supposed to use Game Starter.exe but so far the game is really good, love the concept and hope this carries on! Also will Hoenn be the last region or do you plan to do more? Also there's a glitch in battle where the text is tiny and you can't read it at all (I've tried some of the fonts and still the same) This is like my 3rd edit lol, for some reason repels aren't working in the viridian forest?
                                      Old February 19th, 2018 (6:33 AM).

After I beat the first gym badge and talk to end, it fades to him leaving and I'm froze ... . :|

http://www.youtube.com/user/SacredFireNegro :bandit:
                                        Old February 19th, 2018 (7:15 AM).
                                        AngelsAdvent77 AngelsAdvent77 is offline

Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by RenElite View Post
                                          EDIT2: I've tried running it on Administrator and showed hopes of working but in the end it just crahses every time. The log says terminating. I don't really get why it doesn't work at all on me.
                                          There's a small possibility some pcs may not be able to run the game. I apologize for the inconvenience, but will look into the matter.
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by Todolicious View Post
                                          Also will Hoenn be the last region or do you plan to do more? Also there's a glitch in battle where the text is tiny and you can't read it at all (I've tried some of the fonts and still the same) This is like my 3rd edit lol, for some reason repels aren't working in the viridian forest?
                                          Well, I've exhausted the program's 999 map limit, the story's done, and I've spent a bit too much time on the game so its safe to say things will end with the HOENN Campaign :laugh-squinted:
                                          I've only run the game on DP font via screen size XL myself so I'll have to check the other combinations. Repels should work if your Pokemon are of higher level than those in the wild.
                                          Quote:
                                          Originally Posted by OPSdoesLPs View Post
                                          After I beat the first gym badge and talk to end, it fades to him leaving and I'm froze ... . :|
                                          You must have an old version. The latest version with the "JK 2.0" in the title doesn't have the Route 3 bug. Please see post 1 under "Got Bugs?" for more details.
                                          Old February 19th, 2018 (8:59 AM).

How do I send you my save file then? Also i thought the level cap was 15 for 1st badge and they falling asleep at 11 and 12 lol. Maybe it was because i caught the level 13 fearow at some point. Also the Digimon inclusion is one the better ways to have done it. Made me like it and not want to bash my head in from too much going on. Sk far well paced. Also i like the way you changed the overworld and cities. Very fresh
                                            Old March 12th, 2018 (4:27 AM).

oh the page is back
                                              YAY
                                              Old March 13th, 2018 (10:35 AM).
                                              AliGamerFTW AliGamerFTW is offline

where do I go after I beat Alain for mega evolution?
                                                Old March 15th, 2018 (6:03 AM).

can someone help
                                                  i went to the lake of rage and im stuck and cant move
                                                  please help
                                                  Old March 15th, 2018 (3:58 PM).

someone pls reply
                                                    Closed Thread

Quick Reply