• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Pokémon Sun and Moon info in next month's CoroCoro

Years
I recall some of us knew this month's issue was going be nothing but Volcanion event details, so we expected the next issue (May 2016) was going to release Sun & Moon info. Good to hear that this will indeed be the case.

As for what I hope to expect, I want the mascot legendaries, and also the protagonists and starters, especially after seeing that fake scan that made me hope they'll be the first official info to come.

pkmin3033

Thus the waiting begins. It's disappointing that we've got another month with nothing but idle speculation to keep us going, but I suppose the information needs to last for the better part of the year, so of course it'll be spaced out quite a bit. Something to look forward to I guess!

Abby

#freecoffee
Years
Yes. The slight problem with this is that X and Y were announced trn months before the release, and we got steady updates along the way.

pkmin3033

I'm not hoping for new Pokemon designs as much as I am some hints about what the games are going to be like. This section has been a veritable landmine of hopes, dreams, speculation and rumour, and it'd be nice to know just how close or far off the mark we are. New Pokemon don't really give us any idea of what to expect so, if we're waiting another month, I'd like something a little meatier than some designs to make up for that.

That's probably asking far too much, but even some vague hints about the region's structure would be enough to quench the flames somewhat...or spark them into an inferno, depending on what you want out of the games I suppose.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I'd like to see gameplay details and perhaps screenshots as well, but realistically speaking, it seems most likely that we'll just be seeing some artwork of some of the new Pokémon. That's normally what CoroCoro scans tend to be. We'll probably have to wait for a trailer before we see anything about the gameplay.

But...I could also be wrong :o

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think it might be just the starters + trainers (like in the fake leak) OR alternatively just the mascots and screenshots. Honestly I'm pretty hyped for the mascots so that's what I lean towards. At least with no starters yet, you can still speculate and hope for something really cool, but if it's set in stone and you don't like it, well too bad. That's just how I view it though, it'll be either of the two I'm pretty sure though. I'm looking forward to it though. Keep in mind that Easter etc is coming up for those who celebrate it, then April fools. This month will fly! :)

Years
I'm just happy knowing they aren't keeping us in the dark until e3. Corocoro leaks are only really like 5ish weeks away.

With this + pokenchi (episode with masuda/ohmori/morimoto) early-mid April, I'm sure we'll at least get something substantial. Although it will be corocoro's first coverage of S/M, so I'm just expecting either mascots or starters. I expect region/trainers/gameplay around May.

EC

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jul 1, 2022
So what are we expecting to see? Starters? Region map drawing?

Years
Tbh a month isn't that long to wait, personally I don't think we'll get starters this early, maybe the month after but saying that I'll probably wrong haha. I expect mascot legendaries and like EvilChameleon said a drawing of the region map which would be enough to build some good hype as we could see where we're travelling to in these games.

Years
  • Seen Jul 13, 2016
I feel really bad without news. I want news so badly about the game mascots/starters/map.

I will be SO sad if next month will be a Satoshi-Greninja details or something. That would be a heart breaking.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Whoever thought we were going to get SM info on May don't realize that CoroCoro releases new info of upcoming Pokémon games over a month after their first announcement from TPCi. This would be no different, because March 26th would considered as a month, since SM was announced on February 26th.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Whoever thought we were going to get SM info on May don't realize that CoroCoro releases new info of upcoming Pokémon games over a month after their first announcement from TPCi. This would be no different, because March 26th would considered as a month, since SM was announced on February 26th.

I don't think anyone did. The next corocoro issue is called the "May issue", hence why it's being referred to that. This issue that came out this month was called the April issue. The issues are always named after the following month.

Years
Apparently, I was looking at Serebii forums and one of the mods there (Wulava) shared a notable pattern with CoroCoro releases in regards to previous games when it comes to announcement of the game, and when starters/protagonists/region/mascots were revealed.

Platinum: Announced May 2008, with Origin Forme Giratina revealed a bit earlier. The following issues showcased the new characters, Sky Forme Shaymin, and updated artwork for Lucas, Dawn and the Sinnoh starters.

HG/SS: Announced May 2009, with the logos and a trailer revealed around the same time. The CoroCoro after that showed Ethan, Lyra, the revamped Johto region, and the updated artwork of the Johto starters.

B/W: Announced April 2010, with that month's CoroCoro only showing the Unova region. The next issue revealed Hilbert and Hilda, as well as the starters (who were previously shown as silhouettes on Pokemon Sunday), while outside of CoroCoro we got Reshiram and Zekrom. Following months showcased various new Pokemon and features, like Dream World and triple/rotation battles.

B2/W2: Announced February 2012 with the reveal of Black and White Kyurem. March issue didn't show any news, but April dropped a ton of information, revealing Nate and Rosa, updated Unova starters artwork, changes to the Unova region, and other new characters.

X/Y: Announced in January 2013 in a Nintendo Direct presentation, complete with a trailer showing gameplay footage, and revealing both the Kalos starters and the mascot legendaries. February showcased Sylveon, March had no news, April had Mega Mewtwo Y. Subsequent issues revealed Mega Evolution, more new Pokemon, and Calem and Serena's official artwork.

OR/AS: Announced May 2014, showing just boxart and Primal Groudon/Kyogre. June revealed Mega Diancie and the Hoenn starter Megas (Mega Blaziken was still shown despite being available in XY through event), with other issues also revealing character redesigns, new characters (including Lisia, Aarune and Zinnia) and the other new Megas.

S/M: Announced February 2016, on the day of Pokemon's 20th anniversary. So far, this month showed no news, but we do know next month will have news coming.

So based on these previous patterns, I guess S/M's news pattern is very reminiscent of B2/W2, given the CoroCoro released in March of their respective year showed no news, with the following month dropping news. Unlike B2/W2, the mascot legendaries were not shown with S/M's announcement. If B2/W2 showed its protagonist and starters (except that it was just new artwork and not new starters altogether) I'm likely expecting the next issue to reveal the starters and protagonists, but also the mascot legendaries.

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
Years
I'm not hoping for new Pokemon designs as much as I am some hints about what the games are going to be like. This section has been a veritable landmine of hopes, dreams, speculation and rumour, and it'd be nice to know just how close or far off the mark we are. New Pokemon don't really give us any idea of what to expect so, if we're waiting another month, I'd like something a little meatier than some designs to make up for that.

That's probably asking far too much, but even some vague hints about the region's structure would be enough to quench the flames somewhat...or spark them into an inferno, depending on what you want out of the games I suppose.

I feel the same way. While it has been calmer here from what I've seen, I can't exactly say the same for some of the other forums I've seen. Understandably, there are people that are bummed out about no game with Zygarde as the focus for the story, and also feel that Kalos got robbed of getting a much-needed revamp that a 3rd version would have offered(which I agree with, although I'm not overly upset about it). But unfortunately, the discussion on the matter has gotten so out of hand with "Gen 6 VS Gen 7" flame wars that discussions and topics on Zygarde have been banned from a few places. Me personally, I'm hoping that S/M acts as a "Johto/GSC/HGSS" to Kalos with a Zygarde-centered post game to fix all of the problems and try to please everybody, but if it doesn't, oh well... I would be pleased with anything we get, I'm stoked no matter what.

I'm hoping to see a peak at the region itself for the reasons explained in the above paragraph, and the exploration is my favorite part of the games. I'm also hoping to see the box Legendaries, just going by the titles and logos I'm imagining them to be very majestic in a cosmic/space sort of way.

Back