• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♫ Telepathic Melodies ♫ - Psychic Pokemon Club

Would you like to see competitions implemented into the club?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wicked3DS

[b]Until the very end.[/b]
Years
What Pokemon needs a Psychic typing / what Pokemon shouldn't be Psychic? Why?

I always thought Ninetales could've been Psychic or Ghost as well as Fire. I'm skeptical of Starmie being Psychic-type, what purpose is that for? Also you could argue Solrock could be Rock/Fire instead of Psychic.

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
Well, I've always felt that Exeggutor shouldn't be a psychic type, also that Lapras could have been one.

Musicality

~Musical Melodies~
Years
Hey there, Dedenne! I've always loved Espeon for the endless possibility of nicknames, movesets and the combos you can pull off with it. My first go at using Espeon was probably in HG/SS after a playthrough with Umbreon. At first, I was really hesitant on using Espeon for reasons such as "ermagerd who uses pink space kitties" and also just a general lack of interest. Psychic cats, so what? The concept has been overdone and is boring. However space kitties are pretty good at proving people wrong - as found out through an elite four sweep with Espeon. So yeah, Espeon earns a thumbs up. :D + 5 swag points for also being my first non-legendary psychic type (my first being a level 50 uxie which I took through the platinum e4) :p

I barely remember Caitlin, let alone her Musharna. :( Sounds pretty painful though if you ask me. But that's probably because I've developed a hatred for even slightly bulky pokemon that take more than one shot to kill. (im not lazy promise) ;__; Taking four turns to kill the one thing is effort y'know.

Anyway, welcome aboard. :)

I really feel like Elgyem would be better off as a ghost type since it's like this gravestone sort of thing. And it floats. But maybe that's just my misinterpretation skills and sleepiness kicking in right there. :( Also Chimecho as a fairy type, woop.

Yeah, Elgyem could actually have been a ghost type, but I would like for it to retain it's Psychic typing, IMO. Beheeyem looks too psychic to omit it's typing. Maybe something along the lines of Psychic/Ghost?

I always thought Ninetales could've been Psychic or Ghost as well as Fire. I'm skeptical of Starmie being Psychic-type, what purpose is that for? Also you could argue Solrock could be Rock/Fire instead of Psychic.

Yeah, Ninetales has so much lore about it and the moves it can learn such as Confuse Ray, and it's overall design suggests something that seems Psychic to me. This was further backed up by its role in PMD:Red Rescue Team. Honestly Starmie has nothing that resembles a Psychic type. Maybe it was a bad move they made in Gen 1 and didn't bother to correct it? Dosen't help it comeptitvely, too. While Solrock actually deserves the Psychic typing somewhat, Rock/Fire seems to suit it perfectly, even by the majority of moves in it's movepool. Psychic is good, but not as fitting for Solrock. Lunatone, on the other hand, is great as a Rock/Psychic Pokemon.

Well, I've always felt that Exeggutor shouldn't be a psychic type, also that Lapras could have been one.

Lapras could be one... but I felt that Exeggcutor was fine being a Psychic type. Don't know reslly, maybe it's because I've been so used to it since Gen1. Even though it dosen't look like one,not just has that unexplainable vibe to it. Oh well. xD

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
Years
We'll im doing a wonder trade nuzlocke challenge and im finally at Olympia she almost KO'd my pokemon. What do u think of Meowstic? It was the tank on the team for me made me switch out 3 times b4 i finally beat it.

Years
Username: Shadow Squirtle
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo
Why you want to join the club: Always admired the power psychic pokemon possess whilst still being graceful, especially Espeon. Plus I love Mewtwo.

I think Mew should definitely receive a Mega evolution since it gave birth to Mewtwo but would it still manage to maintain it's innocent looking appearance?

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
I honestly didn't have too much trouble with Olympia seeing as I had overgrinded all of my pokemon with the EXP share. However, it's interesting that you've brought up Meowstic as the tank of her team. It honestly doesn't look like much of one with a frail and small build but I guess I'm judging that based on the fact I've one-shotted the rival's Meowstic too many times. :(

Hey Shadow, welcome aboard! I also love Espeon's power and grace along with Mewtwo's general 'too cool for dis series yo' sort of vibe. :D

Dedenne1

Years
Shadow welcome aboard! And ya im always ready for the rivals Meowstic but olympias was kinda hard cause i didnt have a dark type move ready atm or bug so my eevee had to battle her. Yes in nuzlocks of u grind enough ull be ready but each gym battle i have to wonder trade one pokemon away and battle with the new one. Meowstic is more powerful than it looks i like the males appearance more but the female is the tougher one :)

Wicked3DS

Years
Username: Shadow Squirtle
Partner Pokemon: Mewtwo
Why you want to join the club: Always admired the power psychic pokemon possess whilst still being graceful, especially Espeon. Plus I love Mewtwo.

I think Mew should definitely receive a Mega evolution since it gave birth to Mewtwo but would it still manage to maintain it's innocent looking appearance?

Welcome! Mewtwo and Espeon are both awesome. As for Mega Mew, I think it could be done, but in not sure how. I think it could definitely work somehow.

Also, I present your new club owner...me. Okay, not really, but Musicality is going away for around a week so I'm taking over for a little bit. My first act as temporary owner, new topic!

What is your favorite Legendary Psychic-type?

I personally like Lugia the best. I like its design and it has a pretty wide movepool too, plus who wouldn't like the king of the sea? (A Psychic-type king of the sea, makes a whole lot of sense, I know)

Years
I think Mewtwo is my favourite Psychic Legendary Pokemon. It's such a powerful Pokemon yet it still remains to be elegant. I also like Lugia too, especially after Pokemon The Movie 2000.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
What is your favorite Legendary Psychic-type?

Lugia, Deoxys and Mewtwo are the ones that come to mind. As mentioned before, I love the pokemon movies. They've played a huge role in how I perceive certain pokemon and have turned my opinion on them for better or worse. I'm not really judging the psychic legends on their in-game capabilities seeing as I've never tried using them nor do I really have any interest if one does over 9000 damage compared to another. My answer honestly comes from how memorable each psychic legend is for me or how much I liked their design/personality.

So firstly, Lugia. A guardian of the sea who has the telepathic voice of Morgan Freeman. That alone, earns my respect. Honestly though, a lot of my love for Lugia stems from the nostalgia and memories I've had from it. Pokemon 2000 was one of my favourites out of the many pokemon movies I've watched and for one reason – Lugia. I remember being awestruck by how cool Lugia was and asking my sister endlessly on where I could get one. I even remember having dreams of flying on Lugia's back around the world. Five year olds dream big, y'know. :p Despite all of this, I've never figured out what creature Lugia's supposed to resemble. It's like a bird. But then it's a dragon-like thing. And then it has angel wings. What the he-

So next up is Deoxys. Same reason as Lugia probably. Except this time I was fascinated by how even pokemon included an alien/extraterrestrial element into it. Before being introduced to Deoxys, I used to think that the pokemon universe was literally made up of just that. Pokemon and their trainers. I was pretty shocked to learn that Deoxys was considered an alien in the pokemon world – like how was this alien completely different from the everyday normal pokemon? Was it just because it came from another universe or galaxy? also dem samus aran vibes from deoxys' design :D

This is getting really ranty (I DIDN'T MEAN TO) ;__; but if you couldn't catch onto the general theme of my answers – they were determined by how much I liked their role, the pokemon movies, how memorable/interesting they were etc. I honestly like a lot of the small legends as well and was tempted to include them but felt they were all so similar to each other. I liked the uniqueness of each of the pokemon mentioned above and how no one else was really similar to them in any shape or form. (with the exception of mewtwo who was the clone of mew)

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
What is your favourite Legendary Psychic-type?

Latias! I fell in love with it in the Latias & Latios movie. I love how it has such a sleek aerodynamic design that gives it a rather unique look as compared to other Dragon-types, with it being part Psychic-type and all. Although Latios has higher attacking stats than Latias, which is my preferred battling style, I still prefer Latias as it's much more adorable than its fiercer counterpart. Don't forget its golden shiny colouring! It's really beautiful. <3

Lucky#13

Lucky Member
Years
Favorite legendary psychic type...
Easy,
Meloetta-Aria Form
I am a singer, so why I like it should be fairly obvious.

Dedenne1

Years
Same meloetta aria form is awesome cute and im a singer also so i find it completely awesome and powerful!

Wicked3DS

Years
Oops, I'm supposed to run this club. New topic:

Will you be using a Psychic-type in the Hoenn Remakes?

Gallade, since I never have used it. It's one of my favorite Fighting-type Pokémon as well, and using a Physical Psychic-type Pokémon would be a new experience for me.

Dedenne1

Years
Gallade its mega looks cool and ive always liked it what other good hoenn ones are there? If they have the eeveelutions then i may use espeon cause i love espeon.

Years

Yeah! I'll be using Gardevoir which is my fave 3rd Gen Psychic-type and thanks to the new Fairy-type it got this generation I think it'll be much more fun to use and I do want to have a Mega that rivals Wally's Gallade. Out of the two Ralts final evos I like Gardevoir better of the two.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen May 23, 2023
Guess the Ralts family is gonna be popular again come ORAS. :D

Yeah, definitely! Its sort of a tradition for me to use psychic types every time I go through a main game storyline so ORAS probably wouldn't be any different. If we were restricted to pokemon that only appeared in Hoenn - I'd either go for the aforementioned Ralts family or something like Metagross and Claydol. I'd also totally pick up a mega Latias or Lations for overworld flying and the coolness of the pokemon themselves. :) All of them definitely have good traits and designs to them though so picking one would be a pretty tough choice. :(

Also has anyone tried either Solrock, Lunatone or Chingling? I've never used either of the three and am really curious on how they perform in battle/overall. Anyone got some experience with using them and want to share? :D

Dedenne1

Years
I dont think i could ever use a metagross cause everyone will be along with Gardevoir but i may use it cause its both psychic and fairy. I dont always use psychics but currently im using Meowstic quite powerful actually. Dark types are one of my favs also but they now have a weakness to fairy types as well so that makes Gardevoir ten times cooler also its mega and shiny forms look great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back