• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Quick Questions & Answers / "Where do I post this?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

Look,my best guess would be the Advanced Section on Pokemon gaming General as it's a discussion of an official game ...

BTW, is there a CSS tutorial here on PC?
You would have to confirm that with Sydian. If this is a hacked Ruby ROM that he's talking about, it might go more in Emulation. In general, I'm not sure if there is a place for such a discussion, to be honest.

But to answer your question, here's a thread to guide you through some CSS needs. You may also ask questions about CSS there as well. :)

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
Not sure if this is right, but I figured my question might go here under simple questions. I was just curious how some of you have signatures where you put text links on the actual picture. How did you put the links on the picture, and not just below your signature? Maybe it's not a simple question??

Years
Not sure if this is right, but I figured my question might go here under simple questions. I was just curious how some of you have signatures where you put text links on the actual picture. How did you put the links on the picture, and not just below your signature? Maybe it's not a simple question??

That's using BBCode CSS. There's a sticky in the Webmaster's Discussion subforum under the Computers & Technology section that should help you a lot.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
anyone know how to expand the world map? the video is in my signature

This doesn't really belong here, this thread is more for questions like "Where do I post this?" "What's the rules here?" etc. Your question would belong in Rom Hacking's Simple Questions, however, I think if you PM to ask colcolstyles (the video creator) directly, you'll get a much better response since he did film it after all.

80s.haircut.man

SuperBanned
Years
I am under the impression that one would first have to be well-acquainted with PC and be a--I hate to use this word--"veteran" of the site to be an applicant for such as this, but I still would like to know...

What would it take to become a moderator of the site?

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I am under the impression that one would first have to be well-acquainted with PC and be a--I hate to use this word--"veteran" of the site to be an applicant for such as this, but I still would like to know...

What would it take to become a moderator of the site?

I suggest you go and read this (click me). It'll be all you need to know. :)

Years
  • Seen Dec 28, 2011
How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
How can you tell If someone is Online on these Forums? I tried figuring it out but couldn't find anything regarding it.

There's a little sign next to their names which is green if they're online (also appears in their profile). :3 It varies style to style, though, so I can't really link you anything.

You've also got: http://www.pokecommunity.com/online.php?s=&sortfield=username&sortorder=asc&who=all&pp=208 to see the overall list and then down the bottom of the home page you've got a smaller list.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015

Both on their posts and on their profile (near their name) it will have an Online/Offline icon. I can't really show you what it looks like without knowing your style, but if there's nothing that outright says "Online"/"Offline" on posts, look for a green or red icon. Generally that's what's used. If you can't find it, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the style drop-down menu to see which one you have, post it here, and I'll show it to you.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Look;
2s7ud8i.png

See the circled image? That's showing me you're currently online, this is how it looks in the Stunfisk theme. If you look around that area in different themes you'll see something similar. :)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 1, 2016
I have one question. What vB version PC is using? I can't find it anywhere so that's why I asked.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 1, 2024
PC uses vBulletin 3.8.7. You can find it out from viewing the source file.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years

There's a little sign next to their names which is green if they're online (also appears in their profile). :3 It varies style to style, though, so I can't really link you anything.

You've also got: http://www.pokecommunity.com/online.php?s=&sortfield=username&sortorder=asc&who=all&pp=208 to see the overall list and then down the bottom of the home page you've got a smaller list.

Both on their posts and on their profile (near their name) it will have an Online/Offline icon. I can't really show you what it looks like without knowing your style, but if there's nothing that outright says "Online"/"Offline" on posts, look for a green or red icon. Generally that's what's used. If you can't find it, scroll to the bottom of the screen to the style drop-down menu to see which one you have, post it here, and I'll show it to you.

Yeah I don't see it, sorry. :(

Look;
2s7ud8i.png

See the circled image? That's showing me you're currently online, this is how it looks in the Stunfisk theme. If you look around that area in different themes you'll see something similar. :)

If your style is the Delibird's Delivery style, it's a Delibird bouncing up and down if someone's online, and the Delibird is gray if they're offline or invisible.

http://www.pokecommunity.com/profile.php?do=editoptions

If you don't have that option turned on, you won't be able to see the online / offline buttons. Make sure it's on first under "Postbit Elements". If it's already on, it should appear next to the username (on the right) in Standard display and towards the bottom of the postbit in Legacy mode, right above the post-comment / report post buttons (as in dragonomega's screencap). On most themes, it will just be an image with an active / inactive version. It's usually just a colored icon that turns grey when someone is offline. Mouseover it to view if the person is online or off.

On Dimensional Rift, it's:

user_online.png
user_offline.png

There's also a SLIGHT peculiarity in themes like Generation InVerse and any themes styled similarly to it where the online button is removed completely and is replaced by a little textarea to the bottom-left of the postarea. It says "ONLINE".

It would have really helped to tell us what theme and display you were using.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back