• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

♠ The Art of RNG ♠ | RNG Guides [OLD]

Bring challenges back?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Hah, silly you! I hope you can fix it.

Anyway,
@ Topic:
What type of RNG abuse can you do? I can do every single type of RNG abuse in 4th Gen as well as in 5th Gen.
What are you interesting in learning how to do in the future? I want to learn 3rd Gen abuses, but I want too difficult stuff in the beginning - ID/SID abuse. I guess I'll jjust start with breeding since I have some cool pokemon to be bred (eg. Chansey or Gastly).

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Ugh, can't figure it out yet... so I took a break for a bit and did my challenge entry. The ultimate prankster!

007.png
642.png
007.png

Thundurus ♂ Lv. 40
OT: Scotty | ID: 4730
Nature: Hasty
Ability: Prankster
IVs: 30, 31, 30, 31, 31, 31 Ice 70
EVs: Untrained
Moves: Revenge, Shock Wave, Heal Block, Agility
Non-Redis

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Wow Mac what did you do omg!

Here is my entry for the new challenge! It's prankster AND it has trick!

313.png

Volbeat
Prankster|Bold
31|18|31|31|31|31
Trick|Baton Pass|Encore|Thunder Wave

And I also used the same parents to get this cutie right here but this is not my challenge entry I guess! (Unless I can enter TWO)

314.png

Illumise
Prankster|Bold
31|22|31|31|31|31
Tackle|Baton Pass|Encore|Thunder Wave

As for the topic: I can do 5th gen capture, stationary, wondercard and breed. I'd love to learn how to do entralink. I also want to learn how to do HG as my HG just arrived in the mail. Maybe I should learn ruby abuse as wel.. Blade's gotta teach me!!

LegendaryFSK

I control my own fate.
Years
Challenge Complete. This challenge was pretty fun and a pretty appropriate theme given the day.

004.png
546.gif
004.png

Cottonee
shiny.png
female.png
| Lv. 1
OT: Jay Jay | ID: 37261 | Gen V
Nature: Impish | Ability: Prankster
IVs: 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
EVs: UT
Absorb | Encore | XXXXX | XXXXX​

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
So the HG I bought arrived and it had a legal event Celebi on it, so I decided to use it to get zorua on my black! Was pretty hard because I didn't really know what to do.

570.png

luxuryball.png
Zorua
Illusion|Modest
31|31|31|31|31|31
Scratch|Leer|Pursuit|Fake Tears

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
I might as well add to the discussion since I've finally gotten our first post fixed! Whoever turned it upside down is a big meanie!

What can I do? 5th gen eggs, capture, wondercards, roamers, entralink, id abuse, 4th gen eggs, captures, wondercards, roamers, headbutt, id abuse.

What do I want to learn? 5th gen shiny roamers, 4th gen Safari Zone abuse

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Oh great! Mac fixed the CSS, well done!
And guys, my lil' baby just got delivered <3
63996602.png

be sure to see some French abuses soon *u*

greg0915

Tomorrow is a new day
Years
What can I do?

5th Gen:
  • Breeding
  • Capture
  • Wondercards
  • ID/SID Abuse

4th Gen:
  • Breeding
  • D/P/PT Capture
  • Honey tree
  • ID Abuse

What do I want to learn?

5th Gen:
  • Roamers
  • Entralink
  • Shaking Spot

4th Gen:
  • Roamers
  • Headbutt
  • HG/SS Capture
  • Wondercard

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
greg0915, you know how to catch in HG/SS it's the same, the only (very tiny) difference is the delay verification and actually, it's easier than in DPPt :)

OK, did my challenge entry:

Dustbuster, F, lvl1 shiny
161.gif
EggMS.png

Nature: Jolly || Ability: Keen Eye || OT: Gonzo || ID: 00500
Hatched at: Bellchime Trail || Date: April 1 2012
IVs: 31/31/31/31/31/31
Moves: Scratch, Foresight, Covet, Trick
I did this because I love Furret! It's adorable and useful in Wi-Fi battles. This may sound weird, but it is a real warrior. The best way to fool your opponent is to use a Pokemon (s)he wouldn't expect. Who'd expect Furret? Exactly, NOBODY! Hatched at Bellchime Trail because the location is just as lovely as Sentret :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice abuse, bro. I wanted to let everyone know to thank greg0915 for the amazing CSS that he wrote for us :) I hope you all enjoy it as much as I am!

EDIT: I had to change it because it started to hurt my eyes something fierce. :(

Last edited:

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Well, at least he did fantastic leaderboard! I really like it, looks professional :D

Did one more abuse yesterday in my French SS, this one is wicked,:
lyra_sprite_in_bw_games_by_flamejow-d3g51rp.png

OT: Camilla || ID: 20702
Available shiny spreads:
(TIMID/MODEST ability 0) 31/17/30/30/31/31 HP Grass 68
(TIMID/BOLD ability 1) 31/4/31/30/31/30 HP Fire 68
What's wicked, is that I have exactly the same spreads in my French Diamond and my ID there is 30703!

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice job on the abuse, Gonzo. I need to do some more id/sid abuse but I can't be f'd to beat my game again... -.- I hate that part of it all. Everyone, you have til tomorrow at midnight to complete the challenge if you are interested! :)

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Yeah, so I just got this:
Spoiler:

and I abused this:

384.gif
Cherish.png

レックウザ
ShinyBWStar.png

Jolly || Air Lock
Dragon Pulse | Ancient Power | Outrage | Dragon Dance
ノブナガ | 03172
31/31/31/31/31/31

time to get a nice ID and SID :3

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Very nice abuse, bro. I love that Japanese black! :D I bet you're loving it as well.

I just wanted to let you know how we're going to do Owner's Choice. I will be choosing the one from this challenge, but I am not allowed to choose my own, of course. Blade will choose the next and Gonzo the one after. It will then rotate between me, Blade, and Gonzo afterwards.

oocyst

SOFTware
Years
Man I want that Rayquaza, but I'm too broke to buy anything right now. It looks so amazing!

So while Gonzo got his Japanese and French games, I got an english HG! Should I RNG my ID? If yes, how? What spreads should I get? Oh and is it only if I want shiny legends, because I don't really want those.. I'm too inexperienced for this ;; I haven't even done everything on my Black yet :(

ALSO PICK ME

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Man I want that Rayquaza, but I'm too broke to buy anything right now. It looks so amazing!

So while Gonzo got his Japanese and French games, I got an english HG! Should I RNG my ID? If yes, how? What spreads should I get? Oh and is it only if I want shiny legends, because I don't really want those.. I'm too inexperienced for this ;; I haven't even done everything on my Black yet :(

ALSO PICK ME

Don't beg. :P There's a guide on Smogon, but I'll have to find it. It's pretty easy to do, if you know how to hit delay. I would try to work on HGSS rng on your flash cart first though to get used to hitting delay.

I did two new B/W breeds over the past week. I really wanted these for my competitive teams, and I wanted a replacement for the Timid flawless I did earlier (because it didn't have the moves/HP I needed).

004.png
37.png
004.png

Melinda (Vulpix) ♀ Lv. 1 ★
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Timid
Ability: Drought
IVs: 31, 31, 30, 30, 30, 30 Fighting 70
Moves: Heat Wave, Disable, Energy Ball, Substitute
Non-Redis

004.png
37.png
004.png

Vulpix ♀ Lv. 1
OT: Ginny | ID: 51120
Nature: Calm
Ability: Drought
IVs: 31, 31, 30, 30, 30, 30 Fighting 70
Moves: Heat Wave, Disable, Energy Ball, Substitute
Non-Redis

Gonzo

RNG Sommelier
Years
Nice abuses, Mac, tho I would do Atk 2 because it gives you the lowest possible Confusion damage :)

Ok, guys! Say "hi" to:
HilbertChallenge.png

OT: ゴンゾ (Gonzo in Katakana) || ID: 1
Shiny spread abused:
31/2/30/30/30/2 HP Fighting 70 Synchable 100% Females, Encounter Slot 9, available for Stationary Pokemon.​

Abused it basically for Musharna, Cofagrigus and Bronzong for Trick Room
♠ are added cuz it's for all my next 5th Gen challenge entries.

Last edited:

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Nice abuses, Mac, tho I would do Atk 2 because it gives you the lowest possible Confusion damages :)

Ok, guys! Say "hi" to:
HilbertChallenge.png

OT: ♠ゴンゾ♠ (Gonzo in Katakana) || ID: 1
Shiny spread abused:
31/2/30/30/30/2 HP Fighting 70 Synchable 100% Females, Encounter Slot 9, available for Stationary Pokemon.​

Abused it basically for Musharna, Cofagrigus and Bronzong for Trick Room
♠ are added cuz it's for all my next 5th Gen challenge entries.

Oh damn, I didn't even think about that :( Now due to being OCD I will have to redo them. xD Time to remove them from my thread. Thanks for pointing that out. Nice ID abuse... I hate BW ID abuse, for some reason I am not very good at it xD

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
This is what I did for the fools' challenge:

011.png
491.gif
011.png

Darkrai
OT: Jasmine ID: 39218
Timid | Bad Dreams
Trick | Dark Void | Dark Pulse | Nasty Plot
31 | 7 | 31 | 31 | 31 | 31
Legit Member's Card​

Such a devious little troublemaker. Legend says that on a moonless night, Darkrai lures its victims into sleep and induces horrific nightmares upon them. Darkrai's powers are actually a defense mechanism. Oops. Who's the real fool?

Spoiler:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back