• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Hydreigon dark trance / energy switch

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
Dark trance: As often as you like during your turn (before your attack), you may move a D Energy attached to 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.

Energy switch: Move a basic Energy from 1 of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.

by a basic energy and a D energy do they mean one energy at a time or can i take 2 and more energies from pokemon A to pokemon B?

i think its just one at a time but want to make sure

thank you :)

Demon.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain
Years
  • Seen Jun 20, 2018
Its one at a time.

And that is a cool looking card.i only have the non holo hydregion from exalted dragons. Which is still a really cool card.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
thank you :)

i got only one dark trance hydraigon . i really want to build the deck with him and darkrai so i need 2 more. meanwile im using one DRX and 2 NV hydreigons

so that clears up for me that adding energy switches to this deck is a good idea right? helps me to switch 2 energies from damaged pokemon to a new one in one turn instead of one

Years
Both move one energy at a time. Difference is Hydreigon can be used as often as you like so you can move two energies with him if you wish - one at a time. Whereas with Energy Switch it can only move one energy one time only. You would have to play two Energy Switch cards to move two energies, whereas you only need one Hydreigon to move as many Dark energy cards as you like - one at a time.

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
so basiclly if i managed to put hydraigon energy switch becomes useless.
its one at atime but the abillity can be activated more then once in a turn.

i guss that if this is the case one energy switch will be more then enough

thank you

Years
  • Seen Dec 18, 2014
yes in a dark deck: 2 darkrai 3-3 hydreigon 3 sabylie virizion 2 max potion 2 rare candy etc...( im really hoping they will make another decent dark type pokemon card because there is not enough attackers in this deck to put beside darkrai )

well I can leave one energy switch for in case hydreigon wont be there.

Years
I would run three Darkrai - as your main attacker you should have three really to guard against the possibility of one being prized. You want to have two Darkrai benched ideally so you can switch between them as needed.

Actually Darkrai is enough for a Dark attacker to be honest. The other attackers that are generally used are tech choices depending on personal preference. Mewtwo EX can be used to counter other Mewtwo EX and is a good end game attacker. Shaymin EX can be used to counter Terrakion. Registeel EX can be used to augment bench damaging synergy with Darkai EX. Giratina EX can be used to counter Sigilyth.

Back