• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen OR/AS Chit Chat + CoroCoro Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Me too. I hope they add more items. Earlier in the Secret Base thread I brought up that perhaps they'll use some of the items they made for Gen V's Dream World. Such as the new plushies, the addition of beds, and "Windows", etc.
Speaking of DW perhaps they'll allow us to upload our secret bases online, allowing us to see others' secret bases and rate them. Perhaps even allow us to access their bases in our games and battle them. Like an online version of mix records.

Years
So why must the Red orb and Blue orb never be separated? And do you think they will explain it alittle more in game. All they said in R/S was that they must never be separated, but never told us why.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
I hope we get a sneak preview of the Secret Bases; I'm dying to know how they've been revamped o: Those were one of the things I enjoyed most about RSE; DPPt's Secret Bases just weren't as good ;o;

What ruined DPPt's bases for me is how much work it took to actually get there. First, you have to take your Explorer Kit out (not really sure what it was called, but I think this is it), dig a hole, then save your game... personally, I found it to be pretty time-consuming. To me, the music didn't sound too nice, either, sadly. :(

Years
Also the rock scenery made the underground secret bases dull. It would've been nice if in DPP they had at least had different colored "crystal" walls instead of simply the brown rock walls. Though they can fit that up in the next set of remakes ^_^ (hopefully...)

Anyways back to these remakes. I'm hoping that we get to see the Pokénav. I'll like to see if they added any features of Kalos' PSS into it, Or any of the features seen in the Pokétech, and C- Gear.

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
Years
What ruined DPPt's bases for me is how much work it took to actually get there. First, you have to take your Explorer Kit out (not really sure what it was called, but I think this is it), dig a hole, then save your game... personally, I found it to be pretty time-consuming. To me, the music didn't sound too nice, either, sadly. :(

Actually that does sound time-consuming :o

I really hope this time is kinda easy this time like it was in RSE. With the good-ol' Secret Power :)

What is good this time is that its infinite now unlike in RSE so that's good! :33

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
What is good this time is that its infinite now unlike in RSE so that's good! :33

Are you referring to the TM? We could buy it infinite times in the Slateport Market after we got it the first time. Although I do have to agree carrying one reusable TM is a lot better than going over there and spending again and again.

Underwater secret bases tho. I really really want to see that. Totally worth it.

Hopefully they'd make the new TMs accessible in easier places, and maybe have the majority available before the E4.

Years
Actually that does sound time-consuming :o

I really hope this time is kinda easy this time like it was in RSE. With the good-ol' Secret Power :)

Ah yes I'm imagining the huge improvements making a Secret Base in this game would be thanks to the 5th Generation's revolutionary introduction of infinite-use TMs. For some reason I forgot where I last made my Secret Base in the original games lol.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
Thanks for posting all these screenshots, everyone. I have not found the time to go looking for them. I am so ready for this game.

I just saw the new trailer that was released a few days ago. No scenes of underwater. I really, really hope the underwater exploration comes back, or I may cry...
Maybe they just don't want to release it yet..XD

I can't see them not having the underwater experiences in the game.
1. Sootopolis city.
2. Secret bases.
3. The Regi's (Needed to go to underwater cave to unlock)

Top three reasons why diving would be a total plausible return.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
For some reason I forgot where I last made my Secret Base in the original games lol.

You can always ask the ninja kid in Mossdeep! He keeps track of our bases even more precisely than most players do! I do hope that kid (or a variant) returns as well lol because I know that because of playing RSE with gaps of two to three months I usually forget where mine is.

Ahh yes the underwater dive experience! I'm pretty sure they're saving the best for the last, as it along with Secret Bases and Contests were pretty much the best added features in the games. I think we'll get a hint soon enough, perhaps they'll leak a screenshot of surfing in the sea near some water depressions.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
You can always ask the ninja kid in Mossdeep! He keeps track of our bases even more precisely than most players do! I do hope that kid (or a variant) returns as well lol because I know that because of playing RSE with gaps of two to three months I usually forget where mine is.

Ahh yes the underwater dive experience! I'm pretty sure they're saving the best for the last, as it along with Secret Bases and Contests were pretty much the best added features in the games. I think we'll get a hint soon enough, perhaps they'll leak a screenshot of surfing in the sea near some water depressions.
I always wondered why you could only have one Secret Base, though. I wouldn't mind too much if we could have more than one. I hated having to continually move mine around based on where I was spending a lot of time at during the time.

I hope they vastly improve diving from Gen V. I really thought it took a step back in that generation, though I'm confident they'll do their best to improve it given that it's such a big part of the game. Looking forward to discovering Sootopolis all over again.

Years
I always wondered why you could only have one Secret Base, though. I wouldn't mind too much if we could have more than one. I hated having to continually move mine around based on where I was spending a lot of time at during the time.

Agreed, that's one of the main things I hope to see improved with secret bases. It was quite the hassle to go back to one secret base you created in a town far away from where you were currently situated, so this would really up the efficiency and enjoyment levels. Also, it would be cool to have something on the PokeNav that allows you to see where your secret bases are located on the map, possibly with a little marker or something.

I hope they vastly improve diving from Gen V. I really thought it took a step back in that generation, though I'm confident they'll do their best to improve it given that it's such a big part of the game. Looking forward to discovering Sootopolis all over again.

They have the opportunity to really exploit diving in ORAS, I think. Once the character jumps into the water, it becomes an entirely new perspective showcasing a beautiful 3D underwater world, something unprecedented in Pokemon games before. They could even go as far as to add timer mechanics forcing the player to go up to the surface after a specific amount of time has passed, and so on. Doubtful that they actually go nearly as far as that, but graphics-wise, they could do some stunning things. :]

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
They could even go as far as to add timer mechanics forcing the player to go up to the surface after a specific amount of time has passed, and so on.

I doubt GF would do that too because that would be too realistic lol

And to be honest, it would kind of be annoying.

...I JUST HAD AN IDEA (that's probably been had before) WHAT IF THERE WAS SECRET BASES UNDERWATER.

Years
I doubt GF would do that too because that would be too realistic lol

And to be honest, it would kind of be annoying.

...I JUST HAD AN IDEA (that's probably been had before) WHAT IF THERE WAS SECRET BASES UNDERWATER.

I hated the the step thing in BWB2W2...I hope that doesn't come back either...

Thanks for bring back up that idea (as you said someone else brought it up earlier but you save me time from finding that person's post xD ). It'll be cool if we did. Also it'll make some sense seeing how secret power adapts to it's environment. Perhaps it could create a hole that leads back up to the surface. It could be like having a miniture personal Sootopolis like island for us to play around in.

I'm hoping they add more dive spots or expand how far we can go underwater.

Years
Hmm, I can see it now: "There's a small cavern hidden behind a pocket of air! Use Secret Power?" and you could fit yourself through the opening and into the "cavern" and it'd be nice and dry and oxygenated. \o/

Exactly! It'll be great. Especially if they allow us to fly there (since it's on the surface) yet others can't it'll be a challenge to our friends who may want to challenge our team. I hope they allow for Lv. 100 teams like in the originals.

Years
I know I'd have my secret base underwater, haha. That would be absolutely awesome! I can't wait to see what the inside of a base looks like in 3D. Hope they show off one in a release for July, because I'm quite curious. My main issue about secret bases in the original games was the lack of things we could actually do in them, which I'm hoping is changed in ORAS.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
Years
Am I the only one who wouldn't mind going to space but isn't all that interested in the idea?

It's not that I don't like it, the idea just isn't appealing. Especially since tons of people suggest Deoxys of all Pokémon to be on there when it's Pokédex entry explicitly states that it landed on Earth.

DPPt Pokédex Entry said:
An alien virus that fell to earth on a meteor underwent a DNA mutation to become this Pokémon.

BWB2W2 Pokédex Entry said:
An alien virus that fell to earth on a meteor underwent a DNA mutation to become this Pokémon.

X Pokédex Entry said:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Deoxys_(Pokémon)#Pok.C3.A9dex_entries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back