• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Rainbow Connection [LGBTS Club]

LynLyra

Spicy Sugar~
Years
^Hmm, I see; The only concern I have is that I just recently moved over user names and what not. I guess I can always go back to the old username/new username. Thats the biggest concern of right now.

I'll see how things go, because honestly; the future is scary for me. I want to find myself as soon as I can, but I can't rush these things.

I just don't want to do any long term damage (right now all thats been done is the online persona change and me telling a few people I know) I wish I can talk someone on the professional level, but that won't be happening......

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
A message to all clubs~
I'm going back to this profile. I wish to be a part of the club, but under this name. The reason for wanting to create a new profile is not valid anymore, and I'm more comfortable with my older username. Thank you. c:

Years
We called them C&E's in my church. Christmas and Easters, since that was the only time of the year they went to church.

The Rainbow War! XD

I had an... interesting conversation with my mother on Tuesday. We were actually in the middle of a funeral procession.

Moar story?

My mom has always been pissed that I'm atheist, even though she's a rather terrible believer herself. She always brings up that she said it was the worst thing she ever did to send me to Catholic school, and that it made me atheist. I have to agree, but I had to explain to her the other reasons for atheism, the ass hole of a priest we had, the sexist nature of the church, the inconsistency of the Bible, the treatment of gays in the church...

Then she flipped a lid.

Apparently I'm only "bi" (she refuses to accept further, nor to accept the fact that I have a minor preference to women over men. I have no idea why I do, just weird like that.) because of the people I hung out with in high school. Apparently it was the cool thing to do and I did it to "fit in", just like, get this, my atheism.

I started laughing so hard when she said I was only atheist cause it was cool and I was just acting it. So ****ing funny! I mean when I say I'm atheist, I am a strong atheist and I will start rants and jump in any religious argument I find because I CAN DAMMIT (:P)

Then I got upset. I told her that my atheism, true, has a part with how religion treats the lgbt community. But I told her that I miss Church. She shut up and listened, and it's true. I miss the music, the singing, the feeling that you're in something bigger, the safety of knowing, of feeling that you're safe. When we were in that church for the funeral I cried, not for the departed cause I barely knew them, but for the fact that I missed this, I might not believe it anymore. But the community. I remembered my church and how much I meant to them since I was the only altar server. How it felt when I helped others for church related programs and such. I explained to her that I lost a lot when I stopped believing.

Then she asked why then don't I believe? Save what I lost? I explained that if I were to act like I believed, go through the motions but not have the faith behind it, it would actually be an insult, sacrilegious, and not like I cared, but there felt like there would be something inherently wrong with that.

She said ok.

Then she started actually asking questions. Like, not being mean, but really asking questions and being curious. It as such a step forward. Then she started asking me about lgbt stuff, purely curious. It was such a step forward! Then she started talking to me about other stuff, like how I really want to be a teacher. She said I should try for it, when before when I said it when I graduated high school she was like "GRR YOU'LL NEVER MAKE MONEY IN THAT JOB HURR HURR".

That ounce of respect I had for the church in that I didn't want to be considered sacrilegious, it got to her. I don't know why.

It's a good thing though.
Gosh, you make me feel like there's some hope in talking with religious people after all. Maybe not everyone one of them, but still. I wish we could all find something to bridge that divide between us like you did.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
Years
Sometimes the only "bridge" needed is someone with an open mind. Balanced people don't listen to religion more than loved ones. My religious aunt for example, doesn't need an explination. She accepts anyone for who they are.

Though it is rather hard to find someone like that.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
I think a mother's love put something toward the building the bridge in this instance too. I'm not so sure the result would have been the same if it had been just a random religious person that happened to know she was an atheist.

Years
I think a mother's love put something toward the building the bridge in this instance too. I'm not so sure the result would have been the same if it had been just a random religious person that happened to know she was an atheist.
I have to agree. I don't think it's possible to win over strangers at all. I think only people with gay family will ever change their minds. But wow are there some amazing cases of people coming around and seeing the light because of their family. Like here in America one of the evilest of evil people ever to have lived is now supporting gay marriage.

Spoiler:

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
I have to agree. I don't think it's possible to win over strangers at all. I think only people with gay family will ever change their minds. But wow are there some amazing cases of people coming around and seeing the light because of their family. Like here in America one of the evilest of evil people ever to have lived is now supporting gay marriage.

Spoiler:

Umm, is it bad that I don't know who that is? >__>

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I don't know who he is either, haha.

I try to stay as far away from politics as I can though.

Years
>_>

That's Dick Cheney, vice-president under Bush, the man without a heart who can sneer and scowl at the same time, the raw, un-sugarcoated face of Republican eviltude and meanness.

But anyway, his daughter is gay and ever since he stopped being vice president he's been a supporter of gay marriage, ostensibly because of his daughter showing him he was being evil and stupid.

Years
It kinda is, I suppose. It makes him seem human for a change. But it also kinda makes me mad because I wonder if he was okay with it for a long time and just never said anything while he had the chance to make a bigger stand. Like right now in American politics (sorry to keep bringing this up) there's the Republican primary and one of the them, Newt Gingrich, has a sister who's gay and from what she's said it kinda sounds like maybe Gingrich is okay with his sister being gay, but you'd never know it from what he says in public which is the standard line about marriage being a tradition for one man and one woman, etc. etc. Like, they could push forward how we talk about these things in this country several years if they only had the courage to be honest and stop pandering.

TwiDragon

The fun shawl be doubled!
Years
I love it when people shift views for the better. I wish the current canidates would change there mine on the issue of gay marriage. Don't even get me started with Rick Santorum (the political oppsiite of me)

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
I had a dream about members from this club last night... specifically the trans girls here.

I don't remember the specifics, but you were all like... super heroes or something, and drove Lamborghinis that transformed into F-16s, and I wanted to be one of you so bad. So, I snuck into your secret super hero hideout and stole one of your Lamborghinis, which like... made me trans for some reason. I don't even know, rofl. Either way, it's a little unnerving, considering what me and Andy determined my other dreams meant. (Every single one of my sex-related dreams has been me and some really fat/ugly chick, and I would always freak out and run away... so we sort of determined that it meant that I subconsciously knew I was gay a long time ago... or something along those lines. I don't see how it could mean anything though... I mean, I'm 100% guy, no doubt... but then again I used to be 100% straight... so I don't know.)

Also, I have a question... After coming out, did you change at all?

I've found myself caring about what I look like/my hygiene a lot more than I used to... but otherwise I'm the same.

Last edited:
Years
There is so much I could say about that dream, but I'll spare you that... mostly. ;) So... this means that you either become the newest recruit or you're the super villain we have to fight. As a side note, my superhero name is Planet Girl. Quilava, you can be The Road Comet.

And, heck yeah I changed after coming out. Got me a lot of new clothes and the confidence to wear them in public some of the time. I generally don't think I changed much aside from just being more honest with myself and with other people. I mean, I feel like the me I was a long time ago is still here, just a little different and happier.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Oh my God haha - I sense a new anime forming!

After coming out, did you change at all?

Yeah I did, but only slightly. I only changed in that I could relax and not have to worry about my mannerisms so much. Like, it doesn't happen often at all, but sometimes I make gestures with my hands that seem somewhat effeminate. Before I came out, on the rare occasion that would happen somebody would always comment or mimic me, so I was on constant guard to make sure it never happened. I never quite knew what to do with my hands when I was around people, just for fear that I'd do something without realising it. I still don't know what to do with my hands around people because I'm just awkward like that with my body language, but I'm far more relaxed about it now because people know I do far gayer things when they're not around than I do when they are :P

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
There is so much I could say about that dream, but I'll spare you that... mostly. ;) So... this means that you either become the newest recruit or you're the super villain we have to fight. As a side note, my superhero name is Planet Girl. Quilava, you can be The Road Comet.
Haha, then I shall henceforth be known as The Road Comet! Fear my name, puny mortals!

You were the leader in the dream, btw. haha

Oh my God haha - I sense a new anime forming!
Omg, that would be amazing.

Years
Transformers! hahahaha get it?

Haha, then I shall henceforth be known as The Road Comet! Fear my name, puny mortals!

You were the leader in the dream, btw. haha

Omg, that would be amazing.
Ugh. A leadership position. :(

But back to what you were saying before. Do you really think your dreams were telling you things? I had quite a few dreams from as long back as I can remember where I was all 100% biologically a girl, but I've talked with straight, cisgender friends and a lot of them have had dreams where they were boys or girls or had homosexual images and such. It seems kinda common, at least from what I've heard. Maybe that's just the people who were okay telling me though.

-Jared-

Certified Responsible Adult
Years
Haha, that was an awesome dream QuilavaKing. xD

After coming out, did you change at all?
Well, not completely out, but at least around my brother, I didn't act as uptight about his talking about his relationship stuff as I did before. Mainly because now I don't have to worry about him wondering why I don't like talking about that stuff. xD

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
Years
But back to what you were saying before. Do you really think your dreams were telling you things? I had quite a few dreams from as long back as I can remember where I was all 100% biologically a girl, but I've talked with straight, cisgender friends and a lot of them have had dreams where they were boys or girls or had homosexual images and such. It seems kinda common, at least from what I've heard. Maybe that's just the people who were okay telling me though.
Eh, well honestly no... not really. Especially considering it's the first dream I've had about it. I have thought about it irl on several occasions though, and determined that I was not. I mean I don't act feminine in the slightest, but I'll admit I've been a little curious for awhile now... and I catch myself glancing over at the girl's clothes section on occasion. Stuff like that. I do think that it is possible for dreams to tell you about things that you aren't consciously aware of, though I don't think this is likely to be one of those cases. The dream was too silly. :P (I mean in the other case I mentioned, I was literally having nightmares about having sex with girls, even though I thought I was straight. lol)

I also do find trans girls (Is there a better term for it? lol) very attractive. Much much much much much more so than regular girls. So, that also may be the reason for it. (That wasn't what the dream was about though. It was specifically about becoming one, not getting in their pants... or skirts rather. Though I will admit that I had a second dream in the same day that was about getting in their skirts... so to speak. lol)

Last edited:
Back