Advertiser Content

Script Level Script Text Glitches

Started by Dragonite2963 August 8th, 2019 3:48 PM
  • 1 replies
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
25 posts
200 Days
Whenever I enter the area and the level script runs, it does everything and then gets into a loop of glitched text with no way to close it or move. It seems to work fine without the msgbox script.

My AdvanceMap level script settings and a screenshot of the glitched text are attached below. Please note I have added JPAN's extension for safe flags and variables, and I've tried other variables, so I'm sure that's not the problem.

Here's my script:
'---------------
#org 0x80120F
spriteface 0xFF 0x2
msgbox 0x8801222 MSG_NORMAL '"The door slammed shut!"
setvar 0x5422 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x801222
= The door slammed shut!
Seen 3 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
299 posts
11.4 Years
Whenever I enter the area and the level script runs, it does everything and then gets into a loop of glitched text with no way to close it or move. It seems to work fine without the msgbox script.

My AdvanceMap level script settings and a screenshot of the glitched text are attached below. Please note I have added JPAN's extension for safe flags and variables, and I've tried other variables, so I'm sure that's not the problem.

Here's my script:
'---------------
#org 0x80120F
spriteface 0xFF 0x2
msgbox 0x8801222 MSG_NORMAL '"The door slammed shut!"
setvar 0x5422 0x1
release
end

'---------
' Strings
'---------
#org 0x801222
= The door slammed shut!
This is a common problem with advancemap, check this tutorial on how to fix it manually: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=191500
Advertiser Content