Advertiser Content
Seen February 28th, 2019
Posted February 28th, 2019
1 posts
227 Days
Like I said before, this went a step backward.
This is from a while back now but: no, you're absolutely right. Not only is the Editor.exe gone but so are all associated uses and conveniences that come with it. The Trainer stuff in particular, and its submenus, is all gone completely outside of manually editting the .txt file which is a nightmare mess to deal with.

And no you weren't wrong; it's not rolled into the debug menu despite what that one guy posted. That out-of-context screenshot that explicitly did not contradict this doesn't prove anything either. You straight up need to pick it out of an older version now to get the convenience it provided.

Oh but finding older versions to get it is outright impossible because of the nuked Download page on the wiki and no mirrors for anything other than v17.2 either. So basically removing that one thing and not giving anything to compensate for it makes the entire thing infinitely less user-friendly. Great design, that.

And, no, I'm not downloading a wholly separate external program. The sheer fact that they even exist is pretty telling itself that this is a genuine issue, and expecting people to put up with that is extremely absurdly hostile.
Male
Brazil
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted June 16th, 2019
200 posts
5.6 Years
-snip-
It's impressive how things can go out of hand.
If you are talking about creating Trainer types/Individuals the editor IS there.
Here is the proof (which I don't know how people missed it), if you don't feel like looking for it. I hope this clarify for anyone who may come across this post worrying about the editor.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Age 35
Female
NC
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,052 posts
12.6 Years
Wondering, do you think Essentials will ever get a full 3D mode?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for the Tokyo Crate and get tons of Japanese Snacks delivered straight to your door monthly, mostly Pokemon snacks: http://fbuy.me/mc6Yk

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,638 posts
3.2 Years
Wondering, do you think Essentials will ever get a full 3D mode?
No, because RMXP does not support (good) 3D Graphics. Any models will slow your game to point of breaking. Use Unity, or some other more powerful game engine. Unity supports gems so I'm wondering if Essentials can be used as a gem....

Other than that, you're basically stuck in 2D for Essentials.

juliorain

Male
USA
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
1,638 posts
3.2 Years
I know that the old wiki was shut down and that sharing download links is not allowed, but does anyone know if Maruno is still working on updating Pokémon Essentials?
Yep; he is working on v18 but it will be a while before any official notice...
Male
Seen April 12th, 2019
Posted April 12th, 2019
47 posts
5 Years
I want to see the External editor return, like the PBS editor. However, the PBS editor is really limited. I never got the use the old editor, but there are some features I can't find in the PBS editor (Such as editing Status effects)
If your interested in tutoring me on how to use the scripting and answering all my questions, send me a PM and we can discuss contacting each other in further details.

A little info about me and my goals:

I am burned out on Pokemon games, which, since emerald, have gradually grown worse to me. I am a fan of Generation 3 and earlier. I have some creature ideas I'd rather keep to myself and friends, due to personal reasons. Thus, I want to make my first game encompassing them. I do not know how to program, so I'll learn by using pokemon essentials. Once I complete the game, I'll enjoy it, and work on an entirely new project.

Konekodemon

The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Age 35
Female
NC
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
2,052 posts
12.6 Years
Will it at least up the letter count for names, like have 12 letter max for your character instead of 7 letters.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for the Tokyo Crate and get tons of Japanese Snacks delivered straight to your door monthly, mostly Pokemon snacks: http://fbuy.me/mc6Yk
Male
Brazil
Seen 4 Hours Ago
Posted June 16th, 2019
200 posts
5.6 Years
Will it at least up the letter count for names, like have 12 letter max for your character instead of 7 letters.
It's already possible.
Go into settings script, the very first script, and you should find this piece of code:

#===============================================================================
# * The amount of money the player starts the game with.
# * The maximum amount of money the player can have.
# * The maximum number of Game Corner coins the player can have.
# * The maximum length, in characters, that the player's name can be.
#===============================================================================
INITIALMONEY    = 3000
MAXMONEY        = 999999
MAXCOINS        = 99999
PLAYERNAMELIMIT = 10
Just change the red "10" to another number.
Advertiser Content