Challenger

Age 25
Male
In your backyard.
Seen June 12th, 2011
Posted August 12th, 2010
26 posts
11.2 Years
You're right about the whole Pichu thing, but if we were to make it a Pichu than it would take a ton of time to evolve it. If that were the case, then you might be too weak in the beginning and not stand a chance. Unless we changed all of the trainers, but that would take a long time to accomplish. Plus, we have no clue how to edit the trainer's pokemon, make new pokemon trainers, and so on...

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Hmmm...Give it a sooth bell with it? I don't know how long that would take...I could actually test it out. You have A-Starter don't you? ADD: Lol. Even with a Pikachu your gonna suck against the first gym. I think that was the problem with Yellow too. Maybe you should stick wild oddish somewhere to catch before the gym? Then again they didn't do that in Yellow too...

You've got a problem if you don't know how to change trainers....The SAME trainers are there after 20 years?

And what about the children? :o

シルバー

Γ Чεr ςcreαm is βut a drəαм х

Age 24
Female
Under Silver's bed, giving him nightmarez 0:
Seen April 4th, 2010
Posted April 4th, 2010
201 posts
11.8 Years
ADD: Lol. Even with a Pikachu your gonna suck against the first gym. I think that was the problem with Yellow too. Maybe you should stick wild oddish somewhere to catch before the gym? Then again they didn't do that in Yellow too...

You've got a problem if you don't know how to change trainers....The SAME trainers are there after 20 years?

And what about the children? :o
Yellow did have that error.
THEY USED THE POTION OF NOT AGING!

Pure lover of Precious Metal.
Avvie scribble by me. Sig image is not by me
{lPairlWeird RoommatelOlder brotherlBubble Buddy/Rival }

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Yellow did have that error.
THEY USED THE POTION OF NOT AGING!
;___; Then why is Prof.Oak dead?~~~

Lol, I don't know if that was an error or not. I mean it gives you other advantages, and forces you to train other pokemon besides your starters.

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
A two post comidical exchange that was made from a point brought about from the hack and then reference to a game that shares the same points (starting with Pikachu) as this hack is hardly SPAM. I feel offended.

Brushing that off... I don't know if you guys already had an idea for Maddie's looks (seeing as you already have her name) but I sketched something then sprited if from Leaf.

The sketch looks better, swear. (You can see Misty in her, and her hair isn't THAT wild.) But my scanner isn't working.

ADD: Does her skin look too light to you?...It's bugging me but I've already finished it. xD

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
Posted October 15th, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
Lornami, i'm not sure if matt knows this, because I just thought of it, we would have two different male characters, and two female characters. one boy and girl from Ash and Misty, and one boy and girl as your rivals. Maddie, (The Rival Maddie) is based on leaf, but she has blonde hair, and her hat is all white. her clothes might be a bit different. the male hero, (Name still undecided, because Ash jr. sounds too cheesy) looks like ash, but he has misty's hair, no hat, and a black t-shirt with Ash's hat logo on it (from the first season)

Lornami, I like your sprite for the female Hero, and i might use it. :)

also, on a side note, your rival is gonna play a larger part in the story than it did in firered and leafgreen. instead of you and your rival hating each other more and more as the game progresses, but you will become closer...

EDIT: I will put up some pics as soon as I make 15 posts.
EDIT 2.0: people have been asking a about the gym leaders and pichu, we are making all new gym leaders, some of them may be in some way related to the original.

as for pichu, it evolves from a happiness evolution, so, let's just say it was around for a while before the game starts, making it happy around you, but not necessarily leveling up, so it evolves into pikachu
Pearl Friend Code: CHRIS - 3781 6019 4714
SoulSilver Friend Code: Chris - 226 3230 1899

250 Pokémon caught at 2:40 pm on October 26, 2009. I'm halfway there.

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
So...You have the female rival and the male hero? Lol, so Maddie isn't the daughter right?
I had made another one when I was bored.

So your will your rival be your neighbor like before? Because if you live in the same house your neighbors house was Gary's...What happened to him?

Heh, I guess the Pichu thing makes sense if you knew it before.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
So...You have the female rival and the male hero? Lol, so Maddie isn't the daughter right?
I had made another one when I was bored.

So your will your rival be your neighbor like before? Because if you live in the same house your neighbors house was Gary's...What happened to him?

Heh, I guess the Pichu thing makes sense if you knew it before.
i'm not sure where your rival will live, but I was thinking that you meet her/him on route. although, at this point Gary has moved away from pallet to focus on enslaving.... I mean training more pokémon. lol.

I like this new sprite that you just made better than the old one, but I must ask, What the heck are those squiggly blue things between her feet?

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
i'm not sure where your rival will live, but I was thinking that you meet her/him on route. although, at this point Gary has moved away from pallet to focus on enslaving.... I mean training more pokémon. lol.

I like this new sprite that you just made better than the old one, but I must ask, What the heck are those squiggly blue things between her feet?

Well thats the bigger sprite for the intro. xD I have more room to work, 'course it looks better!

The squiggly would be my signature. I'll take it off and send you a clean one if you like.

>_>; Well if we're talking anime-wise Gary should be a researcher...But I get the feeling you really don't like him, so I guess I won't poke at that anymore.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
Lornami, I was joking about gary, he's alright, and we were planning for him to make an appearance in the game, i'm just not sure where.

also, avatarkris, is you like, can you make me a set of everything-sprites (walking, running, fishing, biking, surfing, and using items) for the female sprite about fivw posts above yours?

once I reach 15 posts i'll post the male hero battle sprite (made by evan) that you can make for us, kthx

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Oh hehe. ^^;

So have you thought of any names from the children? (I like refer to the male and female hero as 'the children' because it's easier and shorter to say. xD)
Does it necessarily have to tie into the parent's names?

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
I think that it's really cheezy to have he kid's officially named after something related to the adult's (referring to ash and misty, cause it's easier to say) ash jr. is not gonna happen, and ashley, that's just ridiculous. however, in Pokémon tradition, I think that they should have names that have something to do with themselves such as Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge ect. ect. but it's hard to find a name that wasn't already taken

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
*Pokemon Dub Tradition
(Lol the Japanese would be named after important people.)

That actually does sound better but...
D: Trainers kinda fall out in that aspect. Those three are related to their Gym Type, but take for instance Ash. It's just...Kinda there. Trainers don't know alot about themselves unless you dive into their personality. And the Heros (of the games) never really had their own personality, they kinda become you. Why such ambiguous names such as Red, Green, Blue, Gold, so on.

I think the best names ARE ones that are connected, but not in the cheezy way. Kinda like a little easter egg you don't notice unless you look for it.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
touche

i guess you're right, and ash does have his name related to himself, only unlike most other characters, it's in his last name ketchum (catch 'em, but I'm sure you already knew that. ) which your character will carry around with him anyway, as it is also their last name. so, i'm totally open to suggestion with the names for the characters, even "maddie" is subject to change ;)

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
I do hate that last name, arg. xD

I said not cheezy, but...
>_> I have a problem. When I made the sketch of the female hero she looked CALM.
(Like Misty with no temper. But no one said it won't pop up when ruffled.)
In the sprite her hair kinda went wild. Thus it makes her looks wilder.
(Like Ash with Misty's temper...Oh GOD who's bright idea was it to let them have children in the first place?!)

The cheezy name for the female hero that is calm would be...Delia.
(Ash is a Momma's boy. He'd be the one to name her that.)

But the sprite version looks like she'd hate it.

ADD: Just thought of the cheezy hidden way.
Name her Hana or other spellings.
Ash's mother's name in Japanese is Hanako. And Hana doesn't have a defined personality on it. Besides the fact it reminds me of Hannah Montana...

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
[
>_> I have a problem. When I made the sketch of the female hero she looked CALM.
(Like Misty with no temper. But no one said it won't pop up when ruffled.)
In the sprite her hair kinda went wild. Thus it makes her looks wilder.
(Like Ash with Misty's temper...Oh GOD who's bright idea was it to let them have children in the first place?!)
O MAH GOSH! WHAT HAVE I DONE?

oh well, stay the course

The cheezy name for the female hero that is calm would be...Delia.
(Ash is a Momma's boy. He'd be the one to name her that.)

But the sprite version looks like she'd hate it.

ADD: Just thought of the cheezy hidden way.
Name her Hana or other spellings.
Ash's mother's name in Japanese is Hanako.
I like that, let's keep that on the back of our minds

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
:o Yay~

So now for the Boy.

...He's not getting as much love as the girl I feel. xD Just mentioned his looks and that's it.

Well fathers are missing from Pokemon families. (Ash, Gary, Brock Temp, Misty, Dawn)
So no cheezy father name take. (Lol, and Ash doesn't live with you does he? LOOK ANOTHER ONE!)

Hmmm........Hmm....
He had orange hair right? I can imagine people calling him Carrot Top for a nickname. xD
Still not a real name.

*trails off in thought*

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!

Age 26
The Kanto Reigon
Seen November 3rd, 2010
102 posts
11.2 Years
:o Yay~

So now for the Boy.

...He's not getting as much love as the girl I feel. xD Just mentioned his looks and that's it.

Well fathers are missing from Pokemon families. (Ash, Gary, Brock Temp, Misty, Dawn)
So no cheezy father name take. (Lol, and Ash doesn't live with you does he? LOOK ANOTHER ONE!)

Hmmm........Hmm....
He had orange hair right? I can imagine people calling him Carrot Top for a nickname. xD
Still not a real name.

*trails off in thought*
I feel that it's time to break the chain of a main character in an RPG to live with only one parent, and ash will live with you, like a good father

well, oh my look at that i have fifteen posts time to put up some pictures... check the first post. you will see our hero there

Nina

Age 28
Female
Little Rock, AR
Seen 16 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
2,357 posts
11.9 Years
Awww~ It's not bight Orange. I once dyed my hair bright orange. xD It was a blast.

LOL! Pokeball in route 1!
Your supposed to be able to walk along the tips of the trees, so from the entrance you can walk straight to the side and go through there.

Yay! Good Fathers!
That means he won't be the champion. :o Who will? >D Or is that a secret?

...Blue shirt and white skirt. My sprite has the same thing. xD

Did you sprite those yourself?

ADD:
Use the blue ABC button, second last icon.
Spoiler:
It hides stuff.
Advertiser Content