Shak

Male
UK
Online now
Posted 5 Hours Ago
884 posts
4.7 Years
I love a good mix of both.
I think it does depend on the character though.
Some one like Achilles would be more inclined to stick to what he's familiar with, while Lorenzo does what he needs to do to get what he wants, nothing more, nothing less.
I'm hoping to have him interact with quite a few PCs

Friends for Infinity
RPT | Pairs

"It's so calm."

art by the amazing Infinite

Estrello

Beyond The Stars

Male
England
Seen 4 Weeks Ago
Posted July 5th, 2019
737 posts
8.6 Years
You can't exactly but a binary answer system to this, I mean Anima plays out the story of his killing spree. But still he's in JPs, who'd of thunk it, of killing/torturing. My characters aren't really... sociable? The NPC I create are either made to react a particular way, this probably stems from my experience of writing fiction. In relation to using other people's NPCs I think it is interesting in theory, but I am kinda protective over certain aspects of characters, mainly because I'm planning leaps and bounds ahead of their current posistion. I assume that the other person has plans with it as well. All in all I actually don't get much chance to interact with other's NPCs.

I am the player of José "Anima" Dartmoor of Gunpowder Roleplay : : : Sign Up Post | Gunpowder

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 27 Minutes Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
20,345 posts
7.5 Years
I like to include a mix when I RP. It's fun to develop a personal story for your characters but interactivity is also a pretty key aspect of what we do here. So it is also nice to have your character relate to the whole story in a way as well.

machomuu

Lilybilly

Male
Americalanavania
Seen 50 Minutes Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
10,412 posts
11.5 Years
It's not really a choice for me. Oftentimes I'll create NPCs that will evolve into PCs or legitimate side character and ultimately create this world that rarely mingles with others...unintentionally. SAO: Sanctuary is a great example of this, where we have two characters that were introduced as NPCs but eventually turned into full characters with large posts all their own. I love 'em, but it's the sign of a problem.

I realize this, though, and I try to go out of my to interact with others when this pops up or when my character's spending too much time alone or on their own plot. That said, I'd definitely have to say I'm in the former camp, for better or for worse.
Lize stands for:
L - Love
I - Of
Z - My
E - Life
Eternally bound, eternally paired, eternally Dutch. Say hi to her will ya? It'll be the best decision you make today. Promise.

Nakuzami

Age 21
Female
The Forgotten Crossroads
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
6,885 posts
9.1 Years
oh
npcs
muk.

I do try and have a balance of both. I like my NPCs and . . . well I like my NPCs. Ask around. It's true. It happens. Shh. But I also do JPs to have my character interact with others whenever I can. Honestly, I don't post frequently enough anymore to have an established pattern, but I think it's a decent mix for me, though many of my current posts are joint posts.
"Sure, there're probably infinite dimensions, but I'm with you in this one, so why would I try to find them?"
~Neil Hilborn

aeternum

Not Suitable For All Ages

Indiana
Seen 2 Weeks Ago
Posted July 18th, 2019
13,229 posts
6.6 Years
It depends on how big the world is and my characters' occupations. In gunpowder I've JP'd about half of my posts there with Fox because it's not the biggest place and there's not a ton to do plus I've gotten all wrapped up in a couple of storylines involving the trio.

In Venice I see the Benedevici twins being more of a solo operation with mini jps within that don't really require to announce that its a jp.

And in Camelot there's probably going to be a lot more NPC interaction over JPs because it's just a lot bigger area to explore.
Advertiser Content