Most powerful being in fiction

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
People say that digimon is a ripoff of Pokémon

Is that true or not because some people say that the only similarity between the two is name.

Some people also say Pokémon stole mega evolution from digimon and that the gen 5 Pokémon Designs look a lot like digimon.

So is it a ripoff or not

I am the One Above All. I see through many eyes. I build with many hands. They are themselves, but they are also me. I am all-powerful. My only weapon is love. The mystery intrigues me.

HeroLinik

To this day, he still can't beat Air Man...

Age 22
Male
UK, happy now?
Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
825 posts
2.5 Years
Simply put, it isn't. The only similarity is the fact that they are both franchises where people raise cartoonish monsters that battle against other cartoonish monsters.

Truth betold, Digimon and Pokemon actually started out pretty independently, without one taking notes from the other. Digimon started out as a Tamagotchi-style toy called Digimon Virtual Pet, unlike Pokemon which went right in with video games. As for Digimon itself, it's a franchise where the monsters inhabit their own digital world, while in Pokemon the monsters are just there in the main world and people coexist with them. There's also no "gotta catch 'em all" concept with Digimon either - once you get a Digimon, that's it. You only get one. There's probably more, but that's all I can think of because I don't really follow Digimon.

Signature banner made by tokyodrift.

3DS FC: 5301-2379-3187 | Switch FC: 5938-0388-8577
IGNs: X: Bowser | AS: Bowser | Moon: Link | Ultra Moon: HeroLinik | Let's Go Eevee: HeroLinik
My Friend Safari is Water and it contains Octillery, Frogadier and Wartortle.

Watch me do stuff on the YouTubes

colours

faint attack

Female
the dream world
Seen 5 Hours Ago
Posted 5 Hours Ago
5,305 posts
14.5 Years
has anyone made this argument in the last decade though

digimon really has fallen from grace

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Hamsternidia , somewhere in the universe
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
803 posts
14.5 Years
Well if you think that Digimon rippoffs Pokemon and vice versa then Pokemon was first https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgpkj0Z9Tkg

Unless you're some kind of "uber pokemon hater" and think Digimon aired first like those idiots here https://nonsensopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Digimon

Otherwise you could say Digimon is to Pokemon what Naruto is to Dragon Ball - an alt universe sequel

Anyway while both JAPANESE THEMES of Pokemon and Digimon are awesome, the american version of Digimon makes American GT's theme song superior

And yeah german people uses Pokemon american theme as base, while for Digimon they use the japanese one? Weeeeeird. "Hitler kids" probably thought the yankies version of Digimon is weird, so they dubbed the japanese song and BGM
My pokemon omega red trainer card

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
Would you rather be a digi tamer or a Pokémon trainer.

My opinion is I wanna have more power so I pick digi tamer

I am the One Above All. I see through many eyes. I build with many hands. They are themselves, but they are also me. I am all-powerful. My only weapon is love. The mystery intrigues me.

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
Considering there is a huge debate with Pokémon vs digimon.

Do you think digimon are better than Pokémon

Ash

Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
13,457 posts
11.2 Years
Both of them are good in their own rights. If anything I like Pokemon more simply because it's more out there these days while Digimon, as mentioned before, has fallen from the popular grace it had next to Pokemon in the 90s.

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
Both of them are good in their own rights. If anything I like Pokemon more simply because it's more out there these days while Digimon, as mentioned before, has fallen from the popular grace it had next to Pokemon in the 90s.

Not really because digimon is going to be on a Nintendo switch game.

As well as cyber sleuth being a popular success.

So it is still a successful company

Plus Bandai, the company that owns digimon, is part of namco.

Who knows they might digimon to smash bros as well.

Digimon started out as tamagotchi which is technically a game.

And because namco added Pac-Man to smash bros.

I don’t see why they wouldn’t add digimon to the game.

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz2vHLqtNw&vl=en

Does anyone remember this video.

Seriously the comment section of this video really makes me sick.

I can’t believe most Pokémon fans just cannot accept that wargreymon is stronger than most digimon.

I just want to know what your opinion is of this death battle episode.

Ash

Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
13,457 posts
11.2 Years
I'm not saying Digimon isnt successful. I'm fully aware of cyber sleuth (i have the game) and such. But you don't hear about Digimon as much as you do Pokemon. At this point comparing Digimon to Pokemon is like comparing apples to oranges imo so.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
803 posts
14.5 Years
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Xcz2vHLqtNw&vl=en

Does anyone remember this video.

Seriously the comment section of this video really makes me sick.

I can’t believe most Pokémon fans just cannot accept that wargreymon is stronger than most digimon.

I just want to know what your opinion is of this death battle episode.
Screw attack being freaks by DB fans is correct, Charizard got owned by a freaking Pokemon rippoff? b*tch please

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
Screw attack being freaks by DB fans is correct, Charizard got owned by a freaking Pokemon rippoff? b*tch please
Only thing similar between Pokémon and digimon is name.

They are completely different.

One is about saving the world the other is about capturing animals.

Saying digimon is a ripoff is like saying Spider-Man is a ripoff of Batman because they are both super heroes.

Plus Pokémon stole the mega evolution idea from digimon.

Entei Fan

Canine pokemon fan

Age 34
Non-binary
Seen 1 Day Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
803 posts
14.5 Years
Only thing similar between Pokémon and digimon is name.

They are completely different.

Saying digimon is a ripoff is like saying Spider-Man is a ripoff of Batman because they are both super heroes.

Plus Pokémon stole the mega evolution idea from digimon.
1.Looks very similar to me, it's POcKEt MONsters vs DIGItal MONsters
2.But mr. Peter never lost his parents, he lost only his uncle, and Batman has no special powers, nor Spiderman has an animal companion
3.Yeah but Pokemon was first :3 So they have the rights to do that

Original nick - BH
Name - Bartek

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
1.Looks very similar to me, it's POcKEt MONsters vs DIGItal MONsters
2.But mr. Peter never lost his parents, he lost only his uncle, and Batman has no special powers, nor Spiderman has an animal companion
3.Yeah but Pokemon was first :3 So they have the rights to do that

1. Fine with that, thats your opinion.

2. No because they are both super heroes. Digimon and Pokémon are both monsters. Its basically saying their ripoffs because they are both super heroes.

3. Pokémon never came with mega evolution first. Digimon came up with it first. Pokémon was first created but they didn’t come up with mega evolution first.

Ash

Seen 10 Hours Ago
Posted 19 Hours Ago
13,457 posts
11.2 Years
there are plenty of franchises with temporary power boosts and there will be plenty more in the future. you can't say that pokemon specifically ripped if off of digimon. besides they're still fairly different (pokemon's is only from the final state for one).

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
It isn't really but i roll with it since i don't want people here to hate me

If you like digimon. Thats your opinion. No one can hate you simply because you love something that isn’t going to hurt anybody.

Witch

Age 31
Female
Saffron Gym
Seen 2 Days Ago
Posted September 4th, 2019
2,534 posts
11.3 Years
Honestly I haven't heard people debating on which one is better since I was little which was WELL over 15 years ago. I don't really think it's as much of a heated topic as it was in years past when there were an abundance of Digimon cards, the World games for the PlayStation, the digivices/D-Terminal gigapets...so on and so forth.
♥Paired to Sushi.♥ | Grandparent
Sister | Daughter | Grandson
My Twitter | Credit

Isa_theDT

Dragon Tamer

Female
Ecuador
Seen 18 Hours Ago
Posted 18 Hours Ago
76 posts
5.3 Years
I think both are different. Similar basic concept but executed differently.

Personally, I prefer Digimon, but Pokémon is more well-known. I like how the Digimon anime has small stories and different characters on each season. Also, how Digimon don't evolve by experience but by strengths and bond with a human. I also like the concept of the games. Pokémon games and the anime is too repetitive and linear. Though I do like the spinoff Pokémon games like Pokémon XD.
Seen April 5th, 2019
Posted April 5th, 2019
48 posts
250 Days
It used to be that Pokemon had better games, whilst Digimon did better at basically everything else.

But recently I feel they've actually swapped! Gens 6 and 7 were pretty lacklustre but the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games were amazing, the XY and Sun and Moon anime have been pretty good imo but Digimon Tri was mediocre. Weird how that can happen.

But I don't compare them, I'm a fan of both and whilst Digimon obviously isn't as popular, it still has a fanbase and is well-known. I want them both to succeed.
And aside from minor similarities they aren't really that alike, people only compare them because they both have creatures that battle.
Ultimate mono-challenge, Grass Type: Leaf Green/Heart Gold/Omega Ruby/Pearl/Black 2/Y/Sun

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
It used to be that Pokemon had better games, whilst Digimon did better at basically everything else.

But recently I feel they've actually swapped! Gens 6 and 7 were pretty lacklustre but the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games were amazing, the XY and Sun and Moon anime have been pretty good imo but Digimon Tri was mediocre. Weird how that can happen.

But I don't compare them, I'm a fan of both and whilst Digimon obviously isn't as popular, it still has a fanbase and is well-known. I want them both to succeed.
And aside from minor similarities they aren't really that alike, people only compare them because they both have creatures that battle.
Yeah.

Digimon games are starting to actually get better.

Cyber sleuth was well received. It even has a Pokémon reference in it.

I hope digimon survive becomes really popular.

But still the digimon show is superior to the Pokémon anime. Sun and moon is still the same thing just with a little bit changed.

I like how digimon tries something new each day. It prevents the franchise from becoming stale.

Pokémon on the other hand is still the reptitive games and anime.

Let’s go pikachu and let’s go eevee are just remastered 3D version of kanto.

It’s just Pokémon is milked so much while digimon isnt

hotsushi-kun

Male
Nis, Serbia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 4th, 2019
338 posts
248 Days
I know that thing about differences between Pokemon and Digimon is that:

Digimon lives in their own digital world from its human world, Pokemon and Human co-exists each other.

Pokemon is popular in certain countries while Digimon is much popular in Balkan territories (most prominently Serbia)

RTS broadcasted Digimon in Serbia and it became an huge success while Pokemon was broadcasted in Pink and other broadcasting channel in Serbia, but never made it breakthrough Popularity in Serbia, unlike Digimon.

Serbians call Digimon as an "Pokemon of Serbia".

Nintendo other franchise aren't really well popular in Serbia while Bandai Namco products are really well popular in Serbia.

(sorry for my poor English)

Pokedigifan1178

Male
Ellicott City, Maryland
Seen July 18th, 2019
Posted July 10th, 2019
296 posts
321 Days
I know that thing about differences between Pokemon and Digimon is that:

Digimon lives in their own digital world from its human world, Pokemon and Human co-exists each other.

Pokemon is popular in certain countries while Digimon is much popular in Balkan territories (most prominently Serbia)

RTS broadcasted Digimon in Serbia and it became an huge success while Pokemon was broadcasted in Pink and other broadcasting channel in Serbia, but never made it breakthrough Popularity in Serbia, unlike Digimon.

Serbians call Digimon as an "Pokemon of Serbia".

Nintendo other franchise aren't really well popular in Serbia while Bandai Namco products are really well popular in Serbia.

(sorry for my poor English)
Interesting.

Digimon is also popular in Latin America.

I heard the Latin America dub is good.

Also I don’t think your English is that bad.

It’s pretty good.

hotsushi-kun

Male
Nis, Serbia
Seen 3 Weeks Ago
Posted July 4th, 2019
338 posts
248 Days
Also I don’t think your English is that bad.

It’s pretty good.
That's fine, i still put this apology message on every thread about an little poor english i am having it. But i am glad you like it, i didn't even know that Digimon is also popular in Latin America, even Pokemon is popular in Latin too aas well.
Advertiser Content