Advertiser Content

FireRed Pokemon Swore and Shilled

Started by Manekimoney March 31st, 2019 2:10 PM
  • 45 replies
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
So, one day, I went gambling. It was a nice time and all, but I lost all my money to the slots. But I got addicted. I knew, deep down in my heart, that, If I just tried for a little bit longer, I would get the jackpot. So I did what any sensible man would do...

I borrowed some money from the spanish mafia... And I blew it all at the slots. Now I'm broke and have the mafia breathing down my neck! I need to pay them 360.420 pesetas in 3 years, or I can say goodbye to my liver.

But how do I get the money on time? I'm too lazy to work for the money and my friends don't wanna associate themselves with the mafia... Is hope lost? Is this the last time we will hear about Manekimoney?

No! Fear not my fellow fans that don't exist! I have a perfect solution to this problem!

I can make crappy hacks! Gamefreak is about to release Pokemon Sword and Shield! You know what that means!?

That's right! I'm releasing Sword and Shield before Gamefreak does, so I can profit off the hype and the Pokemon brand and get all the cash monies, that don't rightfully belong to me!

You can now get a cheap knockoff that you might find funny or incredibly cringy, that was made in less than a month, beacuse I needed to release something for April Fools experience Pokemon Sword and Shield, without buying the games! And did I say that it's free!? Because it's free!
And how am i getting a profit out off this? Well, when Gamefreak eventually issues a lawsuit towards my hack, I can win the lawsuit and become filthy rich! Perfect solution!

Game features:

-151 new poorly drawn Pokemon, including the horrific abonimations that are supposed to resemble Sword and Shield starters!
-A whole new Galar region to explore, that is definitely just barely edited Kanto, but cheaply renamed at certain spots, where I remembered to do it!
-A whole new story that is a complete disgrace to the Pokemon franchise as a whole!
-Some new definitively imbalanced moves and some rebalanced old moves and moves from never generations!
-Some new bad music
-Not including Z moves, Mega Evolution, offical Pokemon,phsyical and special split and a battle frontier!
-A whole Pokedex, catchable in a single playthrough!
-There are slight item changes like Revives being unusable in battle, cuz pansies like to spam Revives!
-Tons of edited text except where I didn't feel like doing it!
-Slightly or massively, depending on your prefference increased difficulty that definitively didn't give me trouble, when I found out that my whole team is weak against the pseudo-legendary Pokemon of the region, that you see a bit in the late game, which resulted in having to replace a team member with a Pokemon, that could counter it. This might also be because I never grinded in my playthrough!
-Your bike is now a car!
-A superboss if you catch 60 Pokimonseses after beating the Pokemon Leauge and access to the last Pokemon in the regional Pokedex
-Absolutely no changes to almost any routes A completely redesigned map to looks pixel perfect, to the map in the Sword and Shield trailers!

Story:
I have no FRICKin' idea. It's an incompressible mess, even if you can understand what the NPCs are saying. Something to do with IRISH people invading "not KANTO" and stuff.

Programs used:

Way too many. PGE gets a shoutout tho, especially for replacing YAPE, because DAMN, is that tool sensitive to any sort of change!
Also YAPE gets an anti-shoutout. because it's a sensitive crybaby.
(This also means that the hack cannot be opened in YAPE, so you might want to use some other tool, if you want to take a sneak peak into the Pokemon stats)

Big thanks to:

-Gamefreak for maing it possible to steal their game,
-Me
-Nobody else, because I'm a big boy, that can do stuff by himself
-EDIT: Whoops, I forgot! I borrowed and heavily edited a sprite from MrDollSteak's 64x64 DS Trainer Sprite resource and the sprite was made by Delta 231

Hack status:

Complete, I guess, unless there is need for major bug fixes or balance changes or some stupid stuff, that I forgot to edit.

Known bugs (at least the ones that matter):

Spoiler:
-Talking to the "Snorlax" Pokemon results in what appears to be a freeze at the first glance.
However, the game will advance normally, if you press the R button, to bring out the help menu (you know, that useless feature that no one uses) and then close it.
So don't worry. It's not a softlock.

What are you looking at?! There is no secrets here! But since you are here, let me tell you that pineapple on pizza is the worst thing ever

Update Log:
Spoiler:
Version 1.1
- Fixed the oversight, that made MISTERIE unevolvable, making MISTIRIOUS unobtainable
- Changed the levels at which some moves are learned (mainly quality of life changes that make some Pokemon better to use)

Download:
This is version 1.1, which fixed some issues (check the update log to find out what issues): http://www.mediafire.com/file/flq4r6ec8b3cqve/Pokemon_Swore_and_Shilled_v1.1.ips/file
In case you have the version 1.0 (the original) right now, and want to fix it, this .ips file will fix that (you apply this .ips file to version 1.0, not the original fire red):
http://www.mediafire.com/file/xbdov9bdpum46kf/Pokemon_Swore_and_Shilled_v1.0_fix.ips/file

The base ROM that was used for creation was called: 1636 - Pokemon Fire Red (U)(Squirrels)

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________
-Project in development: Jiji's Wacky Quest, Smashmons: Spirit Red

-My projects that you can look up: Pokemon Zaru, Pokemon Fire Red 20XX, Pokemon Swore and Shilled

-My projects that are a complete embarrasment: Poke's Bizzare Adventure

DrFuji

Heiki Hecchara‌‌

Age 26
Male
Aussie
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Day Ago
1,617 posts
10.1 Years
hoty 2019 cancelled guys, we've found our winner and its a monkey with a gun

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
596 posts
2.5 Years
I..I..I... Don't know how to feel about this but... here goes nothing. 2019 has been blessed with this abomination, i mean wonderful work of art. Game Freak could learn so much from this. Y-yes indeed!
Even the Inkay peeping at me randomly through the corners of my screen agrees!
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.

Percy

Male
Asia
Seen 19 Hours Ago
Posted 23 Hours Ago
2,971 posts
5.1 Years
hack of the century. 69/10
gamefreak could just dream about making this good of a game

bh02032002

Beta Tester for Pokemon Saffron Version and Pokemon Chroma Version

Age 17
Male
Canada
Seen 11 Hours Ago
Posted 11 Hours Ago
227 posts
3.4 Years
well this looks interesting.... (i guess)
Rom hacks i support: Pokemon Adventure Red Chapter, Pokemon Gaia, Pokemon Firered Rocket Edition, Pokemon Orange, Pokemon Unbound, Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron Version, Pokemon Dark energy

Hacks I have beta tested: Pokemon Masterquest, Pokemon Saffron.

beta tester for: Pokemon Saffron version. Pokemon Chroma Version

i decided since my beta testing is slow to just try beta testing 3 rom hacks. as i'm currently doing 2 at the moment i figure i could pick up a 3rd one to beta test. PM me or leave a visitor message and i will more than likely help beta test your Rom hack.

Inner Rhymes

Male
India.
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted 2 Weeks Ago
596 posts
2.5 Years
Er, I know this isn't supposed to be taken seriously, but is there an increased level of difficulty? XD
I'm really thinking about Nuzlocking this.
Track Number 2 of my debut Mixtape, Venting Session Vol.1:
What's it like - https://youtu.be/Qxs6shEpHIo
A lot of emotions, thought and a bit of nostalgia went into the making of this particular track on the Mixtape.
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
Er, I know this isn't supposed to be taken seriously, but is there an increased level of difficulty? XD
I'm really thinking about Nuzlocking this.
There is an increased level of diffculty (the hack was not made with nuzlocking in mind, but I did try to not make it stupidly difficult). The difficulty is either with:
-increased in a sense, that unedited trainers have custom Pokemon, that are pretty strong
- Major battles are harder (Cooltrainers, Gym leaders, "Giovanni" fights, Elite Four battles, Champion, Endgame superbosses) with increased levels and the further in the hack they are, the more coverage they have.

The difficulty increase really starts to show from Celadon city forwards. (but Brock can still be tough without an evolved starter, even with grass or water one)

I would suggest looking at the levels at which the boss is in original fire red is (Sabrina for example), has the strongest Pokemon at level 43. If your entire team is at the level of that Pokemon in the team (level 43 Alakazam), you would be around the level at which you would be somehat comfortable tackling the gym, but would still have some challenge

You should probably tackle the Elite Four at least at level 60. I did it at level 50, but it took a lot of resetting to clear it (aka a lot of dead nuzlockes).

Honestly, I wouldn't know myself, how unfair the hack is for nuzlocking, because I like my hacks to be hard by just normal play... hehexd

I hope you added a Mimikyu there
There are only gen 8 Pokemon in the game that have not yet been revelaed, aka, no previous gen Pokemon The hack is purely a fakemon hack, except for the starters with custom evolutions. So no Mimikyu, or any other known Pokemon for that matter (well except for one called NOTCUBONE, but it's actually not a CUBONE)
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________

-My projects that you can look up: Pokemon Zaru, Pokemon Fire Red 20XX, Pokemon Swore and Shilled

Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
i am nuzlocking im at mt moon and have 3 pokemon bird2 groogun and that sad fish thing
Please don't castrate me, if you see the Groogun evolution.

BIG YIKES ALERT!

Annoying bug found.

Talking to the "Snorlax" Pokemon results in what appears to be a freeze at the first glance.

However, the game will advance normally, if you press the R button, to bring out the help menu (you know, that useless feature that no one uses) and then close it.

Seen 13 Hours Ago
Posted July 26th, 2019
120 posts
2.1 Years
Please don't castrate me, if you see the Groogun evolution.

BIG YIKES ALERT!

Annoying bug found.

Talking to the "Snorlax" Pokemon results in what appears to be a freeze at the first glance.

Omg yes welp looks like im binging the game now.I love memes and all dank things alike.
[align=center]
Name: Mamba
Adopt one yourself! @Pokémon Orphanage[/align]
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
UPDATE

While messing around with the hack, I found out that MISTERIE has its evolution method still listed as "Trade". This was fixed and now MISTERIE evolves at level 40, like it was supposed to. While I was at it, I made a few level up movesets more comfortable for the player.
The updated version of the hack is now avaliable as version 1.1

In case you already downloaded the version 1.0, don't worry. You can now also download the 1.0 fix, which will change all the things that were made to version 1.1.

While we are at it, if you find such things, feel free to report them here.

Male
Seen 4 Days Ago
Posted April 10th, 2019
2 posts
6.5 Years
Finished the hack and almost done with the dex. You said you could catch them all in one playthrough but I'm struggling to figure out how to get the other starters, fossils, and fighting gym mon. Additionally, the ruby being removed means there's no 4-7 Sevii Islands (I don't know if this was intentional)

Thank you for this experience
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
Finished the hack and almost done with the dex. You said you could catch them all in one playthrough but I'm struggling to figure out how to get the other starters, fossils, and fighting gym mon. Additionally, the ruby being removed means there's no 4-7 Sevii Islands (I don't know if this was intentional)

Thank you for this experience
If you check the Pokedex, you can see, where to obtain the starters and other stuff.
But to save you the trouble, here are the locations:
Spoiler:
-the starters are avaliable on the Treasure Beach
-Fighting Gym duo are on the Treasure Beach as well (although a bit rare)
-The Fossils are avaliable on the first floor of the "Cerulean Cave" (now named "Some Cave").
-The ruby is gone, yeah. The 4-7 Sevii islands sidequest was replaced with getting the 2 superbosses and the last Pokemon

Marky Vigoroth

...I just liked the Entei icon.

Male
Puerto Rico
Seen 8 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
101 posts
4.2 Years
There are only gen 8 Pokemon in the game that have not yet been revelaed, aka, no previous gen Pokemon The hack is purely a fakemon hack, except for the starters with custom evolutions. So no Mimikyu, or any other known Pokemon for that matter (well except for one called NOTCUBONE, but it's actually not a CUBONE)
That was a joke I did. I was referring to how the sprite style of your hack reminds me of a Mimikyu's cloak.
Hack-player; hack-maker.
Male
Seen September 7th, 2019
Posted July 28th, 2019
538 posts
8.6 Years
Incredible! This hack took rom hacking to a whole new level!

MavenTrainer

PokeTuber

Female
Canada
Seen July 31st, 2019
Posted July 22nd, 2019
23 posts
194 Days
Im making a playthrough for this and yes I chose "the obvious right choice"! :D
If anyone wants me to play their game just ask. I'll play like anything related to this forum or relic castle. :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxKpRKuFSrW0KfL_hiaFIrw

My Youtube channel ^
A place for Fan Games and Fan Games only :D

WITH A HINT OF THE OFFICIAL GAMES...
and a hint of some focused extras...

PokeMMO anyone?
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 3 Days Ago
57 posts
1.9 Years
Wait, there are two superbosses? Is Digimon Mewtwo one of them or is it different pokemon altogether.
Any hints to where they are?
Well, two tough trainers, that you can find in the same location. They are roughly the same level as the Champion, so if you could beat him, you could probably beat the superbosses.
To find them, you need to beat the Champion and catch 60 Pokemon, to start the National Dex thingy, like in standard Fire Red. (talk to Oak, go to One Island, talk to "Celio")
Then, after that you can go to Mt. Ember and the two NPCs that previously jus told you to go away, will battle you. These are the superbosses.

After beating them, you get a cryptic reward that is somewhat of a puzzle actually. After solving the puzzle, you get the last Pokemon in the Regional Dex.

Advertiser Content