Mr. James

Ace Detective

Ryme City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 12th, 2019
41 posts
210 Days
JFK

It's November 1963. A man asks a friend to help him in a criminal ploy to win a young maiden's heart. It's not going to be easy, after all, they plan to murder, and no one other than John F. Kennedy, the President of the United States. Both of them get ready and travel to Dallas, where JFK currently is. Will they be able to get through Kennedy's explosive defense?

There's but one way to find out!

Rules
  • In the first night, night actions aren't allowed.
  • Votes may be formatted in any variation of [Lynch] Player. Just please make sure to bold your vote.
  • Missing two votes or night actions in a row will result in your removal from the game and your replacement.
  • Day phases will last 48 hours, and night phases will last 24 hours, unless otherwise specified.
  • Submit day or night actions to me by PM.
  • Do not share your PMs! Furthermore, all game related conversation should be kept to this thread or to specified discord chats.
  • If you are dead, you are dead. You get one death post that may not contain any in-game information. after that you’re barred from haunting the thread.
  • Do not post in the thread during the night phase.
  • You cannot abstain. You are however free to change your votes.
  • The player who receives the most votes in the day phase is lynched.
  • In the event of a tie for lynch votes, a coin toss will determine who dies.
  • All PokéCommunity/Underground rules apply.

Roles

Town

President

• At the beginning of the game, all village sided players are informed to who the president is.
  • If the president dies, the mafia automatically wins.

Gunsmith

• Chooses one person to give a gun to every night
  • Guns from the gunsmith have a 50% chance of revealing the shooter upon firing.

Bomb x3

• Anyone who kills him/her will be blown up.
  • Will not explode if lynched.

Mafia

Spy

• Can send anonymous messages to any role.

Sniper

• Carries one gun that can be shot during the day.
  • Identity will not be revealed when the gun is shot.
  • Does not attend mafia meetings.

Night 1
Mr. James as the host

gimmepie as a Bomb
aeternum as a Bomb
Midnight Umbreon as the President
jdthebud as the Gunsmith
Simply Dunsparce as a Bomb
darthspikes as the Spy
Charlie Brown as the Sniper

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
Alright, I'm in.

Midnight Umbreon

Life is a conundrum of esoterica

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
887 posts
1.3 Years
ill try this one...

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
Might as well take the last spot then, i'm in

Mr. James

Ace Detective

Ryme City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 12th, 2019
41 posts
210 Days
JFK

The two men prepare their weapons to aim at the President. The friend awaits a message to know about the plan.
Meanwhile, JFK gets ready to go out in public in the daylight, and his defenses get ready to stop anything from doing harm to him.

Night actions won't be allowed this round. As such, the night will end earlier.
Night 0 has begun. Day 1 will begin in 16 hours.

Night 0
Mr. James as the host
gimmepie
aeternum
Midnight Umbreon
jdthebud
Simply Dunsparce
darthspikes
Charlie Brown

Mr. James

Ace Detective

Ryme City
Seen 3 Days Ago
Posted August 12th, 2019
41 posts
210 Days
JFK

JFK and his men show themselves, each wearing a mask that depicts a random animal, which covers their identity. Such ploy confused the mafia's plans. Figuring out which of them was JFK would be a tough task.

Day 1 has begun. Night 1 will begin in 48 hours.

Day 1
Mr. James as the host
gimmepie
aeternum
Midnight Umbreon
jdthebud
Simply Dunsparce
darthspikes
Charlie Brown

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
God I wish history really went down like this.

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
God I wish history really went down like this.
Like, with background music? Or

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
With background music and masked diversions.

I too wish actual US presidents were on Pokecommunity.
Not some of them :)

[vote] MidnightUmbreon

As good a way to make people talk as any :)

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
887 posts
1.3 Years
If this were an anime, it would suck

Anyway I going to assume that pie is mafia, because the statement "As good a way to make people talk as any" is a very... threatening statement. Something only someone with the power to kill would say.

[Vote]Gimmepie

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
If this were an anime, it would suck

Anyway I going to assume that pie is mafia, because the statement "As good a way to make people talk as any" is a very... threatening statement. Something only someone with the power to kill would say.

[Vote]Gimmepie
That makes literally no sense whatsoever. It worked though.

[unvote] Midnight Umbreon
[vote] jdthebud

What about you? Are you around?

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
[Vote] Gimmepie

I agree with Umbreon in that your reasoning for him and now jdthebud is pretty suspicious.

Not much else to talk about though...
These are clearly not serious votes, they're pressure votes to get people talking and gauge reactions. It's a pretty common mafia tactic and as we were given literally nothing to go on, not even any investigative roles, they're a reasonable early way to work out some reads. For example, you look scummy as hell for trying to capitalise on is extremely flawed OMGUS vote. So this one, is serious.

[unvote] jdthebud
[vote] Simply Dunsparce

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
Also

I too wish actual US presidents were on Pokecommunity.
this could be interesting! In.
Put me in
Hi guys, care to give thoughts?

Charlie Brown

coolcoolcool

Age 24
Male
Melbourne, Australia
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
4,231 posts
7.5 Years
Part of me is kinda suss at some of GP's interactions. Keeping in mind the mafia duo is a spy and a sniper. From memory of playing similar set-ups on EM I don't think they would know each other's identities? Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm guessing Spy has relayed some sort of message to Sniper to identify themselves to the Spy.

The whole interaction between GP and Midnight Umbreon leaves me a bit curious tbh. Some interesting choices of words ("If this were an anime, it would suck"), quick votes on each other, GP ending posts in very specific ways (two sentences ending with smiley faces in the post voting Midnight Umbreon, two questions ending the post voting jd)... all things that seem pretty subtle but imo are likely (and common?) ways to identify yourself to a mafia partner who you don't know.

I don't think applying pressure votes is scummy at all but I have a hunch that GP is either providing signals to the Sniper to identify himself as the Spy, or vice versa upon instruction of the Spy. So for now I'll [vote] gimmepie

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 2 Hours Ago
Posted 6 Hours Ago
20,333 posts
7.5 Years
Mate
If I were willing to send signals they would not be signals that were blatant obvious. If you actually think about it, what I'm doing is fairly clear.

Midnight Umbreon

Age 14
Male
Not Delaware
Seen 6 Hours Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
887 posts
1.3 Years
Actually thinking back on it, this could make a great anime •_•

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions

Male
Washington, USA
Seen 21 Hours Ago
Posted 2 Days Ago
Whoops I forgot this existed.

Well, my initial thoughts on the setup and a bit of strategy:

Day start helps us a lot by giving us an extra mislynch, barring gun shenanigans. We should absolutely lynch someone today, even if it's random.
Assuming the gunsmith survives Day 1, I think they should give a gun to the President. That gives the President a chance of defending themselves in potential endgame scenarios.
This is a very small game, so inactivity will hurt town a lot more than scum. Obviously I need to follow this point as well. :)

Part of me is kinda suss at some of GP's interactions. Keeping in mind the mafia duo is a spy and a sniper. From memory of playing similar set-ups on EM I don't think they would know each other's identities? Correct me if I'm wrong. So I'm guessing Spy has relayed some sort of message to Sniper to identify themselves to the Spy.

The whole interaction between GP and Midnight Umbreon leaves me a bit curious tbh. Some interesting choices of words ("If this were an anime, it would suck"), quick votes on each other, GP ending posts in very specific ways (two sentences ending with smiley faces in the post voting Midnight Umbreon, two questions ending the post voting jd)... all things that seem pretty subtle but imo are likely (and common?) ways to identify yourself to a mafia partner who you don't know.

I don't think applying pressure votes is scummy at all but I have a hunch that GP is either providing signals to the Sniper to identify himself as the Spy, or vice versa upon instruction of the Spy. So for now I'll [vote] gimmepie
Does spy act during the day or night? If it's a night action, this kind of thing isn't possible.
Advertiser Content