• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

pokemon gaming intro scenes!

Years
crystal gave me goosebumps as a kid... but BW's is too good with that cutscene with N and ghetsis, omg!

Years
Has to be the original red and blue every time I play gen 1 it takes me back to when I first played it, same with yellow, I do like Ruby and sapphire intro as well

Years
i feel like i've had the most memories each and every time i see gen 3's intro. it's not that it's really any better per se, but it carries a lot of weight for me.

that said if i had to pick which one was the most well done, it'd probably be a tie between like all of the gen 4 games lol

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
Years
I don't even like Pikachu but Yellow's is just the cutest ^___^ then again so is GS's. Cute Pokémon just doing cute stuff in the overworld is best.
watches further ok never mind N's Coronation is just holy shit I love it. That's the best one. Weird that BW2's is so toned down by comparison.

Years
  • Seen Jan 1, 2023
The one from Gold/Silver because it's been INGRAINED into my memory. Also I always enjoyed the nonsensical nature of it unlike the other intros that give you more of a taste of what the story is going to be centered around.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I'm a sucker for nostalgia and GS' intro is just too amazing to not be the very best. But the RS intro really is my childhood! The intro music and scenes with the waterdrops and all... aaa.

Years
I love RBY. Nothing beats the dynamic music on Red. Yellow had a really cute one with pikachu on their adventures

Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen today
My favorites are Gen 1 and Gen 3 Kanto, Gen 3 Hoenn, and Black/White 1.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
I have some favorites, like Pokémon Yellow (the scene of Pikachu running, surfing and flying on balloon looks adorable), all Hoenn intros (RSE and the remakes), Black 2 and White 2's intro, Pokémon X & Y, and Pokémon Sun & Moon.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
rse hold a special place to me like they really make you feel like something grand is about to unfold. so i guess that's my number one. crystal is rly good too it's very Spooky and i like it. and then BW is really good too, a combo of rse's something big boutta happen with crystal's spooky mysterious vibe

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Years
I've always really liked R/S/E's intro but, honestly, that's nostalgia talking, lmfao. Of course, though, that intro has always just been really cool. I also really like Platinum's intro, and HG/SS's. B/W's is good, too, though. But, tbh, everything after that is pretty boring and not really that memorable to me. =/ Except maybe OR/AS's. Most of the 3d era Pokemon intros just aren't that great, imo.

Also the absence of the Pokemon theme in the press start menu of D/P/PT has always struck me as odd, but the opening cinematic makes up for it, I guess?

Back