• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Error] Tileset won't show

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Hi....
I have a problem with tileset in PE v19.1
All working fine, but I'm testing the game, text being weird and tileset getting blank, just can see a autotile and overworld...
And I already installed latest version Hotfixs and unmodified.
How to fix that?
Thx

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Hey Ardicoozer,
Can you provide a screenshot of what happens?
Have you put the tileset in the right folder? (Your game/Graphics/Tilesets)
Have you added the tileset to the database? (In RPG Maker XP: Tools > Database > Tilesets)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
Thank you St.Cooler ^^
This is a screenshot from my project
I check it before testing, all tileset on right places
after start a newgame, map getting like in picture num 4
and I check in debug menu on warp map, tileset becomes blank and just overworld and autotile can see...
Are you have a alternative way for fix it ?

Attachments

• 1.PNG
    1.PNG
    74.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2.PNG
    2.PNG
    37.5 KB · Views: 16
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    43.1 KB · Views: 15
  • 4.PNG
    4.PNG
    33.1 KB · Views: 17

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen yesterday
Ok. Can you provide a screen of the map as you see it in RPG Maker?
Note that there are three layers. Please show me the three layers.

Years
I see number 4096
Sweet. So that means that your OpenGL Max texture size is 4096, which means that the maximum tileset height you can go to before this "invisible tileset error" is 2x of that (8192 px). The default Essentials tileset is about 15000px, so you can't use it in its current state. Try using Maruno's Tileset Rearranger to remove the unused rows of tiles from the default tileset. This should atleast allow you to see your maps. And from then on, you should only go upto 8192 px height for any new tilesets.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I getting error, but show at cmd board :

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Maybe this error making the tileset can't detected on my project

Years
I getting error, but show at cmd board :

libpng warning: iCCP: known incorrect sRGB profile

Maybe this error making the tileset can't detected on my project

That is a different error, not related to tilesets. It basically means that a graphic is being loaded into your game, which has a sRGB profile that isn't compatible with rmxp, so the game is having a bit of trouble loading it. It won't affect of the visuals of your game.

Why are you theorizing about new causes for your error though? Did you try reducing the size of your tileset using the Tileset Rearranger? Did it not work?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 14, 2021
Sweet. So that means that your OpenGL Max texture size is 4096, which means that the maximum tileset height you can go to before this "invisible tileset error" is 2x of that (8192 px). The default Essentials tileset is about 15000px, so you can't use it in its current state. Try using Maruno's Tileset Rearranger to remove the unused rows of tiles from the default tileset. This should atleast allow you to see your maps. And from then on, you should only go upto 8192 px height for any new tilesets.

I have the same problem and reduced all my tilesets to max. 8050 px but when I try to test my game I still walk in black tiles.
I'm using Essentials v19.1 and only things I've added are the hotfix plugin and the gen 8 pack.

Back