Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Age 27
Male
I live where you don't.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
163 posts
9.8 Years
I got Gmax Charmander with Modest Nature and 5 IVS. However the one IV that isn't perfect is SpA. Should I keep retrying for better? SpA is V.Good so I don't know its exact IV but its anywhere from 21-29.
Sw/Sh FC: SW-7598-9027-0986

I am always up for trades, wanna get into competitive battling, and want to complete my pokedex.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
20,683 posts
7.6 Years
Perfect would be preferable but you can probably manage if it's high enough.

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Age 27
Male
I live where you don't.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
163 posts
9.8 Years
Do d-max or g-max pokemon have a higher chance at perfect IVs? The only problem I can think is I could end up getting perfect, but then it isn't a modest nature.

OH WAIT! I could bottlecap it couldn't I? That would change it to 31 SpA IV? Does that affect still work in competitive?

I am always up for trades, wanna get into competitive battling, and want to complete my pokedex.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
13,836 posts
6.1 Years
Bottle capping that Sp.Atk stat is what you wanna do yeah. Even if you couldn't, it's probably not worth it to try to deal with the RNG to try get a potentially insignificantly better IV anyway. Pokemon caught from Max Raid battles only can have up to 4 guaranteed perfect IVs.
paired to a bottle of booze

k-van

Ruler of K-vanian Empire

Age 27
Male
I live where you don't.
Seen 1 Week Ago
Posted 1 Week Ago
163 posts
9.8 Years
I've caught 2 d-max pokemon with 5 IVs. One is a dugtrio and one is a ninetails. Actually I caught a G-max Sandaconda with 5 IVs as well. Where does it say they can only have 4 perfect IVs?

EDIT: OOOOHHHHH wait a sec.... up to 4 *guaranteed*, but it can have up to 6 perfect IVs, just the other 2 aren't guaranteed.

gimmepie

Age 24
Male
Australia
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 1 Hour Ago
20,683 posts
7.6 Years
Oh right, caps are a thing.

Nah

Age 27
Female
Seen 1 Hour Ago
Posted 10 Hours Ago
13,836 posts
6.1 Years
EDIT: OOOOHHHHH wait a sec.... up to 4 *guaranteed*, but it can have up to 6 perfect IVs, just the other 2 aren't guaranteed.
yeah that's what I meant, sorry if I wasn't clear
paired to a bottle of booze
Advertiser Content