• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon/Digimon Discussion Thread

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 5, 2019
It used to be that Pokemon had better games, whilst Digimon did better at basically everything else.

But recently I feel they've actually swapped! Gens 6 and 7 were pretty lacklustre but the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games were amazing, the XY and Sun and Moon anime have been pretty good imo but Digimon Tri was mediocre. Weird how that can happen.

But I don't compare them, I'm a fan of both and whilst Digimon obviously isn't as popular, it still has a fanbase and is well-known. I want them both to succeed.
And aside from minor similarities they aren't really that alike, people only compare them because they both have creatures that battle.

Pokedigifan1178

Most powerful being in fiction
Years
It used to be that Pokemon had better games, whilst Digimon did better at basically everything else.

But recently I feel they've actually swapped! Gens 6 and 7 were pretty lacklustre but the Digimon Cyber Sleuth games were amazing, the XY and Sun and Moon anime have been pretty good imo but Digimon Tri was mediocre. Weird how that can happen.

But I don't compare them, I'm a fan of both and whilst Digimon obviously isn't as popular, it still has a fanbase and is well-known. I want them both to succeed.
And aside from minor similarities they aren't really that alike, people only compare them because they both have creatures that battle.

Yeah.

Digimon games are starting to actually get better.

Cyber sleuth was well received. It even has a Pokémon reference in it.

I hope digimon survive becomes really popular.

But still the digimon show is superior to the Pokémon anime. Sun and moon is still the same thing just with a little bit changed.

I like how digimon tries something new each day. It prevents the franchise from becoming stale.

Pokémon on the other hand is still the reptitive games and anime.

Let's go pikachu and let's go eevee are just remastered 3D version of kanto.

It's just Pokémon is milked so much while digimon isnt

Years
I know that thing about differences between Pokemon and Digimon is that:

Digimon lives in their own digital world from its human world, Pokemon and Human co-exists each other.

Pokemon is popular in certain countries while Digimon is much popular in Balkan territories (most prominently Serbia)

RTS broadcasted Digimon in Serbia and it became an huge success while Pokemon was broadcasted in Pink and other broadcasting channel in Serbia, but never made it breakthrough Popularity in Serbia, unlike Digimon.

Serbians call Digimon as an "Pokemon of Serbia".

Nintendo other franchise aren't really well popular in Serbia while Bandai Namco products are really well popular in Serbia.

(sorry for my poor English)

Last edited:

Pokedigifan1178

Years
I know that thing about differences between Pokemon and Digimon is that:

Digimon lives in their own digital world from its human world, Pokemon and Human co-exists each other.

Pokemon is popular in certain countries while Digimon is much popular in Balkan territories (most prominently Serbia)

RTS broadcasted Digimon in Serbia and it became an huge success while Pokemon was broadcasted in Pink and other broadcasting channel in Serbia, but never made it breakthrough Popularity in Serbia, unlike Digimon.

Serbians call Digimon as an "Pokemon of Serbia".

Nintendo other franchise aren't really well popular in Serbia while Bandai Namco products are really well popular in Serbia.

(sorry for my poor English)

Interesting.

Digimon is also popular in Latin America.

I heard the Latin America dub is good.

Also I don't think your English is that bad.

It's pretty good.

Years
Also I don't think your English is that bad.

It's pretty good.

That's fine, i still put this apology message on every thread about an little poor english i am having it. But i am glad you like it, i didn't even know that Digimon is also popular in Latin America, even Pokemon is popular in Latin too aas well.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Digimon was fun and definitely had its moments. From the little I've seen of the newer material, it certainly seems to be improving too! But to say that the Pokémon vs Digimon debate is still alive? Hmm, I think people respect the differences and embrace the similarities in the franchises nowadays. Then again, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, idk.

But just looking at which one has more momentum right now, and has for the better part of a decade? Pokémon takes the lead. Not that ones better than the other, just in overall net worth, I mean.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
Digimon was fun and definitely had its moments. From the little I've seen of the newer material, it certainly seems to be improving too! But to say that the Pokémon vs Digimon debate is still alive? Hmm, I think people respect the differences and embrace the similarities in the franchises nowadays. Then again, maybe I'm just not looking in the right places, idk.

But just looking at which one has more momentum right now, and has for the better part of a decade? Pokémon takes the lead. Not that ones better than the other, just in overall net worth, I mean.

It just shows that digimon choose quality over quantity.

Sure they have less net worth than Pokémon.

But having more net worth doesn't mean your better.

Digimon is better at making games now while Pokémon now has games that are mediocre at best.

Pokémon is kinda on life support because the only reason Pokemon survives to this day is because of funding from Nintendo. Without Nintendo Pokémon might not have survived.

Digimon on the other hand is doing quite well thanks to cyber sleuth and digimon survive.

Anyway here's some art and a link to Sylveon trolls digimon to finish my reply.

main-qimg-9b8afb80346deba9cb869ade333799cd

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Vgpkj0Z9Tkg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
B-but.. the Pokémon franchise is worth about $15 billion. Digimon is worth $90 million. It's nearly only 1%.. of the overall net worth. It's.. it's all publicly available information.

But that wasn't even my point.. I actually think both Pokémon and Digimon are good in their own rights. I was just making a blanket statement that Pokémon is worth more, not assessing Digimon's quality. :(

edit: lol not related but apparently I can buy Digimon.net for $3 grand.

Last edited:

Pokedigifan1178

Years
citation needed

Or cut the bulls<span style="display: none;"> </span>hit.

Well I'm just saying that Pokémon is starting to get worse a bit.

I've noticed that they are taking ideas from digimon as well as yo kai watch.

I don't know but some people say the ultra beasts look a bit like digimon.

Plus didn't digimon make mega evolution before Pokémon made it cool.

Also how are you able to swear here.

You can't say s words on the Pokémon forum

Years
Well I'm just saying that Pokémon is starting to get worse a bit.

I've noticed that they are taking ideas from digimon as well as yo kai watch.

I don't know but some people say the ultra beasts look a bit like digimon.

Plus didn't digimon make mega evolution before Pokémon made it cool.
All subjective, and fails to address that point nor the rest of your post. Don't spread your garbage beliefs unless you have something substantiative and objective to knock it with.

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
Also how are you able to swear here.

You can't say s words on the Pokémon forum
There's an option to turn the censor off, and there's ways to get around the censor. We also don't give a fuck about a little swearing on here.

But moving on from that shit

I get what you mean by the series has been getting worse, I've for years now complained about how formulaic the series has been and how Game Freak has been churning out the the same thing we've gotten since Gen 3, but it's kind of objectively false to state that Pokemon is "on life support" and "only survives because of funding from Nintendo". Looking at sales figures for the main series games, they still sell about as well as they always have, Pokemon GO was a pretty big fucking deal when it first came out and is still played to this day, the anime is still going, people still play the TCG, the competitive scene is still going strong around the world, etc. And on top of that there is the aforementioned fact of how the franchise is worth a shitload and a half of money.

It also would be a very strange business practice for Nintendo to keep putting money into a supposedly failing franchise. Companies exist only to make a profit, so it'd be an ass-backwards approach to keep putting money into something that is not giving them a profit or even losing them money.

This is, as you say, not necessarily an indicator of quality (which is a somewhat subjective thing), but it at the very least it disproves the idea that Pokemon is currently dying.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
There's an option to turn the censor off, and there's ways to get around the censor. We also don't give a fuck about a little swearing on here.

But moving on from that shit

I get what you mean by the series has been getting worse, I've for years now complained about how formulaic the series has been and how Game Freak has been churning out the the same thing we've gotten since Gen 3, but it's kind of objectively false to state that Pokemon is "on life support" and "only survives because of funding from Nintendo". Looking at sales figures for the main series games, they still sell about as well as they always have, Pokemon GO was a pretty big fucking deal when it first came out and is still played to this day, the anime is still going, people still play the TCG, the competitive scene is still going strong around the world, etc. And on top of that there is the aforementioned fact of how the franchise is worth a shitload and a half of money.

It also would be a very strange business practice for Nintendo to keep putting money into a supposedly failing franchise. Companies exist only to make a profit, so it'd be an ass-backwards approach to keep putting money into something that is not giving them a profit or even losing them money.

This is, as you say, not necessarily an indicator of quality (which is a somewhat subjective thing), but it at the very least it disproves the idea that Pokemon is currently dying.

Okay then.

But I'm just saying digimon is getting better.

Oh and thanks for telling me to disable the swear option.

Because I don't give a fuck right now.

Next time a mod swear like you.

I should tell them to fuck off

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Woah, friend, relax. No one is saying that Digimon is bad. We may disagree on whether or not it's better than Pokémon, or whether or not it's improving, but all of us here have one thing in common! Many of us learned about Digimon through Pokémon, or vice versa, and they became beloved childhood franchises. There are just some objective truths that can be stated about both series and that's all that's being said. Your opinion on them is still totally valid. :)

Also, don't get offended by a little swearing. Staff and most members here are lenient about it. Plus, Nah wasn't even gearing any profanity towards you. A little fuck now and then may do ya some good!

Last edited:

LatchoDives23

Official Nicktoons Fan of the Boards
Years
It is a ripoff, no doubt.

Tamagotchi wasn't, but the spinoff was clearly made around the same time to cash in on Pokemon's success. There are even copied designs!
Of course, I abhor Digimon, so I might be biased.

Pokedigifan1178

Years
or not, because if you do that, you will be infracted.

lets be civil.

I know that.

I just don't like it if a mod swears.

That isn't civil if a mod swears

It is a ripoff, no doubt.

Tamagotchi wasn't, but the spinoff was clearly made around the same time to cash in on Pokemon's success. There are even copied designs!
Of course, I abhor Digimon, so I might be biased.

You haven't even tried digimon. So how can you say it's a ripoff.

They didn't copy Pokémon designs.

I don't even know of a digimon that looks like a Pokémon.

Woah, friend, relax. No one is saying that Digimon is bad. We may disagree on whether or not it's better than Pokémon, or whether or not it's improving, but all of us here have one thing in common! Many of us learned about Digimon through Pokémon, or vice versa, and they became beloved childhood franchises. There are just some objective truths that can be stated about both series and that's all that's being said. Your opinion on them is still totally valid. :)

Also, don't get offended by a little swearing. Staff and most members here are lenient about it. Plus, Nah wasn't even gearing any profanity towards you. A little fuck now and then may do ya some good!

For me. I would only use f words when someone swears at me.

Basically fight swearing with swearing.

Last edited:
Back