• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What spinoffs do you want with Gen5?

Years
  • Seen Sep 13, 2012
I LOVE Mystery Dungeon. They need to make another, with gen 5 Pokemon in it.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Maybe a crossover game, preferably with something much more well known.

Kingdom Hearts and Pokemon would suffice.

I'm writing a story called Pokemon Kingdoms on the KH Insider forums.

ZetaZaku

AEUG Pilot
Years
Snap 3D would be a great idea, but I doubt it would happen. I love Ranger and MD, but I'd like to play something entirely new, like Conquest. Maybe a Pokemon fighting game? Something like that doujin game, but official with at least 20 playable characters. The only thing I don't wanna see is Pokemon Kart. Thankfully that period is long over, but in the PS1 era they made a dozen Mario Kart clones like Woody Woodpecker's Racing or Crash Bandicoot Racing (great game though). Maybe a Pokemon Rhythm game like Osu, but with best songs from the whole franchise + some plot from the games in the manner of Osu? The possibilities are endless, and I like it that they are trying different genres and different kinds of games. As a SRPG fan and Koei fan, Conquest was one of the games I was looking for this year. I don't remember when I was platinum excited seeing a new game announced like when they announced that one.

MidiMasterShiro

Music Hacker/Composer
Years
A spinoff, hm? A game similar to Colosseum an XD for the 3DS would be nice to have, though, I would like to have more wild battles. Doubt it would happen, though.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2020
I've set my mind on a Gen V PMD and Ranger game for the 3DS. They're the only spinoffs I play as of now.

Although it would be nice to see a sequel to Pokemon XD, even though I don't have the proper platform for that.

TheLeetCasualGamer

Hi, I'm strange :3
Years
PMD, nuff said :P

The second one was just filled with an unbelievable amount of creativity, audio quality, and just tons of fun. I want to see one with a story revolving around some of 5th gen's concepts

VictoryStar

Pokemon Ranger
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
I would personally like to see a new ranger game. guardian signs was awesome ad getting mew and arseus is a challenge. still haven't

Eucliffe

☆ E N T E R T A I N E R
Years
A Colo/XD sequel would be lovely ;w; Orre is my favorite region (well, it's tied with Isshu/Unova) and I loved the idea of "stealing" Pokemon and the plots were rather dark for Pokemon games~ (Heck, even if it were in a new region I'd still want it~)

Of course, PMD games would be beautiful, too. It's my favorite of the handheld spin-offs~

As for anything else, I'm not too big on the Ranger series but I wouldn't mind a fourth game, I guess. Snap 3D also sounds pretty interesting, and I bet it'd be fun to do~ (Snap is sooooo underrated imo.) Can't really think of anything else...though maybe another Tactics-based game like Conquest? It's definitely a wonderful addition to the gaming franchise.

Pinta77

I said colosseum/xd style game earlier, but even a battle generation style game would be nice. I really think they should bring back the 4-player battles from colosseum in which all 4 players could have 6 pokemon.

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Mystery Dungeon with 5th gen Pokèmon. I would love going into dungeons as a Reshiram. They could make a game similar to Pokemon Colosseum for Wii U. I think it would be a good idea.

Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
A revival of Pokemon Snap and perhaps even Pokemon Puzzle and Pinball would be pretty cool

Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2012
A new Pinball game would be great.
10 Tables, 2 for each Generation/Region. Expanded, highly detailed tables and some minigames would be great aswell.

Pokemon Dash 2.
But good this time, with a story focused on not only making it to the end but surviving. 10 Pokemon from each region would be playable, have different abilities and skills, and such.

Sorta like Hunger Games meets Pokemon.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2018
Trading Card Game and Colloseum/XD, obviously
'd be in for a snap to

audinowho

Unovan Indeedee
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Mar 1, 2024
I think I'm the only one here who actually wants to see a continuation of the PokePark series above everything else. I mean, the quality of the games themselves was nothing too special, but the concepts they introduced had so much potential. They built on the real-time battle system a lot in PokePark 2, and had all of the Pokemon in a zone speak and interact with each other in a simple, but extensible way. I daresay the plot had quite a few good ideas too, with that twisted wonderland and such. And of course, the selling point of the game: the visuals. If those concepts were fleshed out, we could truly have an immersive Pokemon experience that would speak to not just the kids, but the kids at heart. Kind of like what My Little Pony is doing right now. I can dream, can't I?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I want my PMD 5th Gen. Pronto.

And a game similar to Colo/XD made for the WiiU. Oh yes.

Years
A Pok?mon Snap game! I loved the original on the N64 and a new game featuring Pok?mon and locations from all five generations would be awesome.

Back