• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Hive ~Bug Types Fan Club!~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
Years
  • Age 26
  • TN
  • Seen Dec 25, 2016
What's a bug in real life that should be a base for a pokemon?

I personally would like to see a Diving Bell Spider as a Bug/Water type. They're so interesting to me, the way they use bubbles. I know that spider Pokemon have already been made, but the developers do tend to reuse concepts.

Also, I'd like to see...maybe a Katydid. There's no real reason for me wanting that other than that I think they look pretty cool. It would have to be another Bug/Grass type I imagine.

It might be nice to have some type of arctic insect as well, but I don't have a specific example for that.

Last edited:

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Username: Ciax
Partners: Volbeat & Illumise
Reason: Do I need a reason? Bug types are my favourite tpye, underated and disliked by some, they are still super duper strong. While I like the strong bugs like Scizor and Heracross, my favourite bugs are the ones that are percieved as weak but can actually work really well. Like Venomoth, Volbeat or Butterfree. Bugs Rule!

@ Starsprite-That would be an awesome pokemon, Surskit is sort of already
that but it evolves into a generic Bug/Flying and I'm sure they would make it look different. Bug/Water is an awesome combo and they should make a fully evolved pokemon that takes advantage of this typing.

What about a mosquito pokemon, it could have a move like Bloodsuck, which absorbs health and has a chance of poisoning and could evolve from a small-ish mosquito into a giant blood sucking bug that strikes terror into the hearts of his opponents.

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
Sometime I see those ants with wings that fly around, that'd be a perfect evolution for Durant, though I don't think the Steel half would fit perfectly...So just have a different Pokemon with its own evolution/family line I guess, since it'll most likely be bug/flying. :P

Years
Welcome Ciax!

You guys have some great ideas! A diving bell spider would be really cool, and so would a mosquito and a flying ant. Another bug I'd like to see (as gross as it is) is a dung beetle, or a scarab beetle. I think those would be pretty cool.

I have to agree with Olli97, kazekage1chibi. If there were bug type moves that froze, it'd seem like those moves were being stolen from ice types. Even tough bugs don't have a whole lot of too base attacks on, I think the creators could get pretty creative. There definitely needs to be some bug type attack where the noise from their wings hurts the opponent or something haha.

@kazekage1chibi I'm glad you asked about rewards! They are now officially starting now, and it's all in the first post. Good luck! Also, if it's kinda unclear, please tell me as I feel I tend to be bad at explaining things haha. :D

Years
  • Seen Mar 3, 2013
i suppose its not quite buglike. but i do think what i mentioned about the ability i came up with should be done. not many bugs fight solo, so they should do something that has to do with the "hive" mentality. the fact that they are alone out there is why people see them as weak they work together. so an ability akin to plusle and minum would be nice.

Years

I think bug-type Pokémon should come in flocks over certain areas like bugs in real life. Of course this is demonstrated in the anime, but what about the game? In every area that you see and discover bug-type Pokémon in the wild, they have various types, but I think that certain patches of tall grass should only contain one species of bug-type Pokémon (if you know what I mean :P).

Btw, we can create our own topics relevant to bug-type Pokémon, right?

POKEMONTRAINERZER0

Pokemaniac
Years
Oh, lack of posts from me. I forgot to answer my own topic question!

Well, i've always thought it would be cool if they created a dragonfly pokemon that actually looked sort of like a dragon-Yanma and Yanmega are awesome, but it would even cooler if they took "DRAGONfly" literally.

Also, it would be amazing if they based a pokemon off of a Termite.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Username: TwilightBlade
Partners: Venomoth and Volcarona
Reason: I love Bug Pokemon! There's so many awesome Bug type Pokemon. They have such creative designs... Considering the fact that I'm scared of bugs irl, Gamefreak did a good job making these Bug type Pokemon the most amazing, huggable critters ever.

What's your favorite bug type, and why?
Volcarona, hands down. It's just so fierce and red... I love the idea of a flamethrowing bug too! Gee I look at my partners and I notice they're both moths. Moths scare me. They freaking fly everywhere and in my face and ASDFKGFDl;

Why do you think Bug types are the weakest?
Ahh Olli pretty much summed up my thoughts. Their real-life counterparts don't really pose a threat... You can crush bugs with a tissue or swat them into oblivion.

What is your favorite concept of a Bug Pokemon and why?
Galvantula... He's a static-y spider that clings to you! Spider webs are scary enough when I walk through them, but Galvantula's webs are infused with electricity... AWESOME. Also, I thought Chargestone Cave was pretty cool in general, haha.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Welcome TwilightBlade, that's a bit weird that you don't like bugs irl but like them in pokemon. I personally love bugs in real life and pokemon so it's win-win for me.

I would like to start a new topic.
If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?
I personally would choose Ledian, it has an awesome design right now but doesn't really have the stats to back it up. It's evolution could be Bug/Fighting and rival Heracross as a truly strong bug.

Years
If you could choose one bug type pokemon to gain an evolution which one would it be?

I am gonna go with Volcarona. Volcarona is probably among the strongest bug-type Pokémon in my opinion because of its contradicting dual-type (bug and fire), thus dealing some good damage to grass-types. I know Volcarona is already large enough, but it's just a thought. :P

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Woah imagine if Volcarona did have an evolution, it's already an incredibly powerful pokemon, and with a stat total of 550 if it evolved it would be near legendary status. Which would be awesome because then one of the strongest non-legendary pokemon would be a bug type.

Years
Welcome to our newest member TwilightBlade!

I'd definitely have to go with Pinsir, for this one. Pinsir is a great pokemon as is, but an awesome half fighting type evolution would make it just that much better. I mean Scyther got an evolution, so why shouldn't its parallel Pinsir get one? It's based on stag beetle, (a popular insect used in insect fighting) learns more fighting moves than bug moves, and looks the part. It would be stronger and more BA than Heracross, with massive attack and destroy everything!!!!!!! >:D

*Ciax, you've earned a reward! Your name is listed under it on the first page and please tell me what you'd like to use it for! :D

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

Honestly, I can't really think of any Bug type Pokémon I'd want to have an evolution. Most Bug type Pokémon are three staged already, so we can't really add on to that, and for the ones who aren't three staged, they all just seem pretty final stage like. I can't imagine Pokémon like Pinsir, Heracross or Volcarona to have an evolution, though a prevolution could probably go. While it'd work with Pinsir and Heracross, I just can't imagine anything to base it on, without just making it look like a baby form. But yeah, I can't think of any Bug type Pokémon that would need an evolution.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
au contraire! There are many bug types that could be changed dramatically with an evolution. The bugs with low base stats such as Kricketune, Ariados and Ledian could definitely use one. I also would love if Skorupi was given a branch evolution which stayed the bug type, although that probably wouldn't make much sense.

On this subject of awards, if I am interpreting it correct I can choose another partner? If so I would choose Ledian please. :)

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Username: ShinyUmbreon189

Partners: Ariados and Scyther

Reason: Bug types are just cool in general and are very underrated. Ariados can learn moves that takes out it's weaknesses. Also Ariados and Scyther are one of my favorite Pokemon out of all of them.

My favorite bug Pokemon is Scyther. Reason, Scyther is a very dominant Bug Pokemon and can take out many Pokemon very easily but I also like Ariados too.

Years
Welcome, ShinyUmbreon189!

@Olli97 I have to agree with Ciax, bug pokemon could definitely use evolutions to give them the boost the need. All the ones that Ciax mentioned are good examples, as well as venomoth, masquerain and perhaps a male evolution of combee (although it wouldn't make a ton of sense)

*Ciax, you're all set :D

On a side note, I'm going to be gone for a little while so the club will be all yours! Try not to party TOO hard! :D

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Don't forget to leave us booze. Hahaha jk.
Would you guys recommend me to catch Spinirak and use him in my team in HG?

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
Years
Welcome to the club, ShinyUmbreon189. Even though Ariados is a fun Pokemon, it's too slow to be of much use. I'd raise a Scyther/Scizor, Butterfree, or Yanma/Yanmega :)

Hmm either Surskit needs a split evolution that retains its unique Bug/Water typing or Masquerain needs a stronger evolution in general. I love this family, the concept, and the movepool. I just wish it was stronger poor bugs.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
Yeah while it pains me to speak out against a bug Pokemon, Ariados is just a pain to raise. I used him in my HeartGold bug monotype and by the 6th gym he became hard to raise and after the E4 I just gave up on him and didn't bother training him for Red. For early game though he is a killer, until about the fourth gym.

Heracross is a good option, with headbutt it doesn't take long to find him. Scyther and Pinsir can be caught fairly early in the Bug Catching Contest as well.

@TwilightBlade - Surskit's family should definitely get either a split evolution or Masquerain evolution that brings it back to water/bug. Maybe once it grows old it looses its wings and returns to the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back