• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Which Version Will You Get?

Which Version Will You Choose?

• Pokémon X

Votes: 85 36.8%
  • Pokémon Y

Votes: 92 39.8%
  • Both

Votes: 50 21.6%
  • Neither

Votes: 4 1.7%

• Total voters

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
Depends. I'll want to get X, since Xerneas I like waaay better than Yvel(ugh)tal. But if they decide to make it like you get Xerneas in Y and vice-versa, then I'd Y without demur.

GrayJM9

Playing White 2
Years
  • Seen May 14, 2013
Both but I'm getting Y first because the Legendary looks better.

Shadowraze

ur mum
Years
Ughhh...

I don't even have a 3DS yet. But if I'm gonna pick one I'll pick Y I like to have Yveltal in my team :3

Years
  • Seen Aug 24, 2014
Right Now Y but I want to wait for version exclusives so i get one that benefits me.

Years
Y, because of Yveltal. Even though I think it's too early to make a decision like that. And I certianly won't get both this time, since I only have one 3DS and there is no need to import (when I imported I usually bought the 2nd version in German).

Years
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
I'll probably eventually have both but I'm getting Y first because Yvetal just looks alot cooler than that thing from X

blue

gucci
Years
I'll be getting X first, why? Because although I do like both X and Y I prefer the letter X of the two and so far, I prefer Xerneas. I will eventually get both though since both legendaries still look awesome.

Rai

Quarter Life Crisis! @.@
Years
I will eventually get both, but I want to get X first. I like Xerneas much better and I like color scheme more. I also like the letter X because I am straight edge and X's are a symbol of it.

abarai

Howl, Zabimaru !
Years
Most likely X, Xerneas has a much more appealing design imo.
However i may get both versions depending how much i enjoy the playthrough.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Okay I made a decision, I'm getting X as my main game. Y has the ugly cover and the legendary isn't too appealing anymore :x I'm not sure if I'll even be getting Y actually, but definitely am getting X straight up!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
Years
I think both legendaries look very nice.
Xerneas looks very graceful and wise, Yveltal like a beast!
I'll probably get both, and I'll decide on the main game depending on the exclusive pokes

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I don't think the box art of Y is bad, it's actually pretty cool despite being quite plain. We just need better definition of the art work, same thing happened with B2W2 I remember, people called W2's cover ugly until it was fully shown.
Anyways I'm still getting Y.

Years
I always seem to go the for one that seems "calmer"; Blue, Silver, (never got 3rd gen but it would've been Sapphire", Pearl, White so I guess I'll get Y, just sounds less agressive! Haha, besides my boyfriend's adamant about getting X so I haven't really got a choice.

✯Shigeru✯

I Dropped The Lift Key...
Years
I'm sure I'll get them both on release day but if something were to come up and I could only choose one I'd go with X based on what I know of the games so far.

Back