• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Challenge] The Randomized Nuzlocke Challenge

What should be my starter? (Even if you're not participating,help a friend out)

• Total voters

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
Years
Username: Daixtey
Game: SoulSilver
Additional rules: Nope, not here

(I will update, my progress per list of the stuff that happend, and also will write my adventure in fan-fiction form. So yeah, so you know, can take me a few days more then normal)

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
Years
Username: Daixtey
Game: SoulSilver
Additional rules: Nope, not here

(I will update, my progress per list of the stuff that happend, and also will write my adventure in fan-fiction form. So yeah, so you know, can take me a few days more then normal)

No one is doing anything anyway :(

Update:
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Oh, you think? Thank you >///<

Yes i think :) Good luck again.

Speaking of which, i will do an update if i'll fix my rom, i forgot how powerful the heartgold anti-piracy is, and my friend Daix wants to do a sort of story-telling so he'll upload slower.

Meksal

What do you mean this thing is priceless? *Nom nom
Years
Heres my app again, I thought of an additional rule.

Username: BlueStone
Game: Emerald
Additional rules:
The "when a pokemon faints it dies" does not go into effect until the player catches his first pokemon.

UPDATE:

Started game, picked Nidoran Male for my starter. Named him Nikko. Tried to catch a wild pidgeot, it did not work out. It ended up dying of poison.

Caught a jigglypuff on route 3! This marks the rule that if any pokemon faints, they dead >.<

We had a run in with a bug catcher that had two pichus. Loo sung to em, and Nikko pecked em to death.

Defeated all trainers on route 3, made it to petalburgh.

AHAHAH. Glitch in the generation made Wally knock out the ralts instead of catching it. He thinks he caught it :D

I had a life threatening situation with a butterfree that left Loo at 1 HP.

Haven't managed to catch any other pokemon other than Loo, who is still alive and can't do any damage yet. (She learns pound at lv. 9)

Made it to rustboro without losing Loo or Nikko. Nikko is two levels from evolving into Nidorino. I'll post some statistics soon.

Last edited:

necrohol

The Brewapprentice
Years
Sorry for the lack of content, I'm pretty busy for now and I'll try to resume the series as soon as I can. I've been writing it all down so I don't forget it ^_^

Meksal

Years
Caught a Kingler, named him Suleiman (Saw-Lah-Min)

King Suleiman is level 8.

Route 116 is rich in Slakings, so i'm farming them. I wanna raise all my pokemon to level 20 before I take on Roxanne just to be safe. (Who knows what kinds of pokemon she could have?)
Route 116 is also full of wobbuffet. I have to take extra caution.

Nikko evolved into Nidorino!

Beat Roxanne without losing any Pokemon.

Caught a Shedinja at Rusturf Tunnel. (lol) Named him Cursed

Cursed died at lv. 8 by a vicious level 5 Charmeleon. Killed by Ember.

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
Caught a Kingler, named him Suleiman (Saw-Lah-Min)

King Suleiman is level 8.

Route 116 is rich in Slakings, so i'm farming them. I wanna raise all my pokemon to level 20 before I take on Roxanne just to be safe. (Who knows what kinds of pokemon she could have?)
Route 116 is also full of wobbuffet. I have to take extra caution.

Nikko evolved into Nidorino!

Beat Roxanne without losing any Pokemon.

Caught a Shedinja at Rusturf Tunnel. (lol) Named him Cursed

Cursed died at lv. 8 by a vicious level 5 Charmeleon. Killed by Ember.

Oh nice stuff man very nice stuff! Goodluck...i just realised why everyone pickes emerald lol it's the easiest game ever.....

I think i finally fixed my rom, about to do an update:
OR NOT. Alright guys, re-randomizing...anti-piracy too strong on it i guess. Yep guys, the game is stupid and keeps freezing on route 30 so i re-randomized it, hope it'll work smoother.
I changed the trainers name and class so i'll have some good laughs while im at it.

So i got my new starters who are Nuzleaf, Charmeleon, and Chatot.

I want you guys to pick my starter please, if you want. Just add one of these 3 to your post, counting on you.

Have fun!

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2016
@Blastin'Tyruntz what do you mean help you pick a starter?

Log 1:
Started journey multiple times. First few times had really strange starters (e.g Mewtwo vs Shroomish), also died instantly after beginning the quest, but finally have a sturdy team.
Trapnich was the starter, and fought very bravely but died against a Hitmonlee :(
Just before he died I managed to catch a Flaffy but forgot to name him in the excitement, will definitely rename him when I get to Slateport City.
Traveled through to Petulburg, helped 'Wally' find his 'best friend'.
Found a Raikou in the next route, but no surprise failed to catch it.
Continued onto Petulburg Forest in desperate haste to catch my next pokemon but failed miserably.
Got to Rostburo and travelled through the cave, and found myself a nice Kinglar, called her Crabby *Badum Tss*
Level 17 Flaffy
Level 8 Crabby (Kingler)

Meksal

Years
@Blastin

I would pick Chatot, it's a fun pokemon to work with. But on the other hand, Charizard is wicked awesome, and Nuzleaf is, um, eh, pretty good.

and frozen he was wondering if you wanted help picking your starter, since it's randomized, it's more difficult to decide. I picked Nidoran, and he's doing great alongside my Kingler. Gonna post them and their stats, but i'm going to use X/Y models (That's always fun :3)

@Blastin'Tyruntz what do you mean help you pick a starter?

Log 1:
Started journey multiple times. First few times had really strange starters (e.g Mewtwo vs Shroomish),
OMG? Why didn't you pick the mewtwo? XD

also died instantly after beginning the quest, but finally have a sturdy team.
Trapnich was the starter, and fought very bravely but died against a Hitmonlee :(
Nuuu, that could've been a wonderful Flygon.

Just before he died I managed to catch a Flaffy but forgot to name him in the excitement, will definitely rename him when I get to Slateport City.
Traveled through to Petulburg, helped 'Wally' find his 'best friend'.
I helped Wally too, but he knocked out the Ralts instead of catching it, and then had the delusion that he caught it 0_o

Found a Raikou in the next route, but no surprise failed to catch it.
Ahah, you have a thing with legends huh? I found a Dragonite on route 102, but besides that, nothing special.

Continued onto Petulburg Forest in desperate haste to catch my next pokemon but failed miserably.
Got to Rostburo and travelled through the cave, and found myself a nice Kinglar, called her Crabby
Ahah...

*Badum Tss*
Level 17 Flaffy
Level 8 Crabby (Kingler)
Looking good. I would train them both to nearly level 20 to avoid Roxanne killing either of them, since she has random pokemon who knows what the type matchups will be?

PROGRESS
50px-Stone_Badge.png

Kingler♂
"Suleiman"
Level 15
Type/Water
AssBDih.gif

HYPER CUTTER: Prevents ATTACK reduction.
Bubble <Water>
Leer <Normal>
Vicegrip <Normal>

Nidorino♂
"Nikko"
Level 18
Type/Poison
38TnPhN.gif

POISON POINT: Poisons foe on contact.
Poison sting <Poison>
Peck <Flying>
Focus Energy <Normal>
Double Kick <Fight>

Jigglypuff♀
"Loo"
Level 12
Type/Normal
vYMMfDb.gif

CUTE CHARM: Infatuates on contact.
Sing <Normal>
Defense Curl <Normal>
Pound <Normal>

Caught a Machoke in granite cave!!! Named him Jackie :3

I also caught a shuckle with the old rod in dewford town, but she's poisoned, and she's gonna die before I make it to the pokemon center ;(

Lost Eliza the Shuckle to poison, Jackie the Machoke to a Teddiursa's fury swipes, and finally, I caugh a Venomoth.​

Last edited:

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years
@Blastin

I would pick Chatot, it's a fun pokemon to work with. But on the other hand, Charizard is wicked awesome, and Nuzleaf is, um, eh, pretty good.

and frozen he was wondering if you wanted help picking your starter, since it's randomized, it's more difficult to decide. I picked Nidoran, and he's doing great alongside my Kingler. Gonna post them and their stats, but i'm going to use X/Y models (That's always fun :3)

PROGRESS
50px-Stone_Badge.png

Kingler♂
"Suleiman"
Level 15
Type/Water
AssBDih.gif

HYPER CUTTER: Prevents ATTACK reduction.
Bubble <Water>
Leer <Normal>
Vicegrip <Normal>

Nidorino♂
"Nikko"
Level 18
Type/Poison
38TnPhN.gif

POISON POINT: Poisons foe on contact.
Poison sting <Poison>
Peck <Flying>
Focus Energy <Normal>
Double Kick <Fight>

Jigglypuff♀
"Loo"
Level 12
Type/Normal
vYMMfDb.gif

CUTE CHARM: Infatuates on contact.
Sing <Normal>
Defense Curl <Normal>
Pound <Normal>

Caught a Machoke in granite cave!!! Named him Jackie :3

I also caught a shuckle with the old rod in dewford town, but she's poisoned, and she's gonna die before I make it to the pokemon center ;(

Lost Eliza the Shuckle to poison, Jackie the Machoke to a Teddiursa's fury swipes, and finally, I caugh a Venomoth.​

Thanks for clearing that out, both looking good, goodluck!
Also i'm kinda trying to advertise the thread because it's real fun. I would like you all to help me pick my starter, because i wanna get the show going. I wonder if i can put a poll up...

Meksal

Years
So you revived a revival thread because nobody was doing the challenge? You just 100% copy pasted it.. no effort to even try to make it look nicer or change the name in the sign up...

Nonetheless its a fun challenge, heres my signup:
Username: Ssj3 Pikachu
Game: Soul Silver
Additional rules: Not gonna fight Red.

What does aesthetics have to do with it? As long as the challenge is good, I don't care what it looks like.

That aside, i'm going to put this thread in my sig.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
So you revived a revival thread because nobody was doing the challenge? You just 100% copy pasted it.. no effort to even try to make it look nicer or change the name in the sign up...

Whoa. Excuse me? This isn't necessary at all. If it bothers you that much, just don't play the challenge. The OP has every right to not add you to the list if this is how you're going to act. Consider this your warning for disrespect. Don't let this happen again.

ChiKouu

Froslass Trainer
Years
Sorry for being late with my update, the video is recorded but I messed up while making the layout. I got irritated and had to stop before I did something I would regret (I have a bad habit of becoming, well, violent when things don't go my way)

It should be up either later today or tomorrow.

Blastin'Tyruntz

Years

Nonetheless its a fun challenge, heres my signup:
Username: Ssj3 Pikachu
Game: Soul Silver
Additional rules: Not gonna fight Red. Random field items. Random Held Items. Random Wild Pokemon (Catch Em All Mode), Randomized given pokemon in trades, set minimum catch rate.

Started over.

I'm didn't copy and pasted anything, i'm (formerly) KillerCroCohen, the guy who opened the thread. I just changed my name. Also when i revived it (a few months ago) i did put a newer version of the randomzier and gave you settings to follow.

So thank you for the kind words, Ssj3 Pikachu.
Now, i have a problem with your rules, mostly because:
1.You have to fight red in 2nd gen or i won't put you in the hcampions list until you do.
2.It's a Nuzlocke after all, you don't have to use catch em all mode, you only catch the first pokemon anyway.

I will put you in the challenge, but consider these ^ fixes you'll have to do.

I'll give y'all one more day to vote for my starter and at the and of today i'll pick the winner.

Whoa. Excuse me? This isn't necessary at all. If it bothers you that much, just don't play the challenge. The OP has every right to not add you to the list if this is how you're going to act. Consider this your warning for disrespect. Don't let this happen again.

Sorry for being late with my update, the video is recorded but I messed up while making the layout. I got irritated and had to stop before I did something I would regret (I have a bad habit of becoming, well, violent when things don't go my way)

It should be up either later today or tomorrow.

Thank you Syd!

And ChiK don't worry, i'm going violent too...haha.
It's okay, take your time with the updates, but just a question, can the video be in higher quality? 360p is kind of blurry and i want to people to see each other's games and progress.

Thank you.

Back