The PokéCommunity Forums Create & Discover Roleplay Theatre
Help Request Learning to Roleplay

Roleplay Theatre The realm where writers gather to create glorious tales or silly drama together and chronicle their adventures. Start or join roleplays featuring Pokémon, other franchises or something completely original!

Old October 7th, 2017 (11:54 AM).
The Master of Pokemon Breeding

Nature: Gentle
I've been interested lately to learn more about tabletop roleplaying. Normally I roleplay in a private one on one roleplay where the two of us work together as if we were writing fanfiction together. But I'd like to learn how to tabletop roleplay, you know, with a board, dice and GM and such. This isn't a roleplay to take real serious, I just would like someone to teach me how to roleplay this way. I've tried reading books and information online about it, but I'm the type of person that learns better with someone teaching and explaining things to me along the way. So, anyone interested? I need someone I can trust who has good experience in writing. Maybe perhaps a Roleplaying Moderator on this forum could teach me?

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile.php?id=231549&ref=61528
Get a Free PS3, this is no joke: http://www.YourPS34free.com/index.php?ref=5580831

Relevant Advertising!

Old October 8th, 2017 (9:34 AM).

Nature: Naive
Hey Koko! Glad to see you've taken interest in the RPT, but I'm afraid our section of the forum isn't exactly what you might be looking for. We focus mostly on text-based roleplaying rather than tabletop like D&D (which is what you're describing). Think of it as the same stuff you do one-on-one with a friend, but on a much larger scale and basically multiplayer novel-writing. While we do have GMs and characters, RPs here rarely have any mechanics like dice rolls or attributes, etc.

If you ever need help with a RP on PC though (that isn't tabletop), don't hesitate to ask!
I make memes and other carcinogens
Old October 8th, 2017 (9:39 AM).
press start to play_

Nature: Naive
I think some people here are playing Dungeons & Dragons though, maybe some of them can help you out if you hit them up on Discord c:

Quick Reply