• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Usaring team

jabberjabber8

../\..
Years
built this team around usaring.

trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 48 Def / 208 SDef
Relaxed Nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
- Power Whip

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 216 Def / 46 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Recover
- Taunt

Gliscor (M) @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Poison Heal
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Hardy Nature
- Baton Pass
- Substitute
- Agility
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Trait: Serene Grace
EVs: 202 HP / 56 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Iron Defense
- Calm Mind
- Substitute
- Psychic

Ursaring (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Quick Feet
EVs: 6 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Gunk Shot

Alakazam (M) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 6 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Psychic
- Signal Beam
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball

The idea of this team is to remove fight types with alakazam who is set up a bit like a revenge killer and jirachi who is running a mixed wall set witch I have found to be very effective. when the fight types are gone. glisicor comes out gets a sword dance and a agility off then passes the boosts to usaring who proceeds to sweep.
Should a pokemon i can't stop come in either ferrothorn or jeliicent comes in. those sets are made to spread paralysis and toxic respectively.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
erm you havnt named the 1st pokemon ^^

It's Ferrothorn.

Why are you using a defensive nature with defensive Iv's on Ursaring? ): And it has Quick feet but no Toxic/Burn orb? ;o;

Ursaring isn't exactly the best Pokemon to base a team around. \:

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Oct 24, 2022
A few things to note before I even try to think about rating this:

Like dragonomega said, Ursaring sucks. You're not using it right, either. No STAB? It hits about as hard as a Timid Specs Dugtrio using Dig with that set. Really, Ursaring is a really bad Pokemon to build a team around - and if you wanted to, I'd recommend at the very least going into a lower tier so it at least has some chance at being competitive. Your Ursaring set is outclassed by Granbull right now, seriously. :( ...wait. 252 Def/252 SpD? How did I not even see the spread? Let me fix my previous statement - with that spread, you hit about as hard as a LO Spinda. :(

Alakazam doesn't beat Fighting-types at all. It comes in on say Conkeldurr's Drain Punch (and perhaps its Payback if it outpredicts you) and takes it almost all the way down to sash, and then dies to Mach Punch. How useful was 'Zam, again? Gliscor stuffs Fighting-types better than 'Zam does and you even have it in your team. ;o;

Agility/SD-pass Gliscor is bad. Run Ice Fang > Agility and Taunt > Baton Pass, imo. It also wants a 252hp/252def set.

You've got a little bit to understand about EVs and how they make a Pokemon's build more effective. If you have any questions about sets, you're free to post them here or in the Request-a-Moveset thread that's stickied in the main forum. :) Once you make/test these changes come back and I'll see if you need any further help from me. :3

Back