• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other FULL] [IC] As the Dust Settles; A RWBY RP [M] [EPILOGUE]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Please Note [NB]

All players except the GM may not introduce Headmasters or high-standing teachers (such as vice-Headmaster etc.) in detail e.g. talking to them and defining them. Once they are introduced by the GM (somehow, I'll figure this out, shush) you can do what you want. Otherwise, go bonkers!

Last edited:

Circuit

[cd=font-weight: bold; font-style: italic; backgro
Years
Race: Faunus - Type: Cat
Semblance: Falcon-Eye
Level: 1

Chapter II -School-
Elke Tegeler
Elke stood just as the speech was ending and made her way over to the board which sure enough was found next to the stage. On it was a long list titled "Beacon Academy Teams". Teams of four were listed and there were a lot of them. Despite scanning the list several times however, Elke couldn't find her name at all. She stepped backwards, out of the way of the other students wanting to know their team. She also didn't like being in the middle of a crowd, where her disguise might be removed. But what troubled her was the lack of a team. What was going on? Elke didn't understand what this meant, and began to panic.

She searched for a teacher, and found one standing at the back of the room holding a coffee mug, sipping it while observing the gathering at the notice board. His eyes met Elke's, and she walked towards him. A strange sensation filled her, as if she'd been his intention all along. As she approached, Elke noticed now that the man was older, with auburn hair. As she approached him, the professor began to speak up.

"Hello Elke," He began, and upon her look of surprise, he continued. "Yes, I know who you are. And I'm sure this is only adding to the confusion you feel, what with not having a team either. But first know that you are not the only one without a team. There are three others, who you will be introduced to shortly, in the years above you. These students were similar to you, showing very prominent potential and previous experience and skill. You aren't given a team because you do not qualify for the schedule that will be assigned to regular teams. And what is in some of these classes, particularly Faunus Biology, I believe you're already familiar with." He winked at Elke, who frowned. He smiled and put a friendly hand on her shoulder to calm her a little. It didn't really work.
"Yes, I also know what you are, but that is our secret. No one else here knows and hopefully it will remain that way to avoid..." He struggled to find the right word for a moment. "Complications. You will be taught in your own schedule unique to you. This does not mean you wont attend classes with other students, you simply will not follow their schedule. You will also attend special training with myself, individually. You also have your own room. It has two beds, should you have a visitor or friend stay, but the others pushed them together to make a double bed." He winked again. He seemed to annoy Elke, but she continued to listen.

"Well, follow me and I shall explain more to you, before you start your year with a training session with me." He didn't wait for Elke to follow as he walked off, exiting the food hall at the nearest exit. Taking a left, they came to a set of stairs, leading up to the dormitory level of Beacon. Instead of stopping there, they climbed to the third level, where The professor turned off the stairs and along a narrow corridor to a room already with Elke's name on it. Inside, Elke's bags were already delivered, standing next to french doors leading to a balcony overlooking the cliffs atop which Beacon was build. From the balcony a clear view was given of the forests below at the bottom of the cliffs. Back in the room, there was a lot of space. A large television and a sofa made for a living space, whilst a desk made for a work space. Beyond these an en suite bathroom had a shower, toilet and sink. The main room also had a small kitchen space. Elke sat down on one of the two beds, each lying against an opposite wall. She looked up and the professor beckoned to her. He motioned for her to bring her weapon as well; a large broadsword tinted black except for the blade which shone silver.

On the top floor the pair came to a locked room, which the professor unlocked quickly with his key. Inside was a large, dark open room. It didn't have much in the way of anything inside, besides a screen next to the door currently off. The professor flicked a switch and on came the lights and the screen. Upon fiddling with a few settings, the room shifted into a Dojo-style appearance. Elke stepped forward slightly in awe. It reminded her greatly of her old master's training hut, but larger. She finally took the opportunity to speak up.

"Okay, so you know what I am. Why haven't you revealed me already? Better yet, why haven't you tried to kill me already? You humans are all the same, wanting our kind dead. What is it you hope to gain from me?" The professor smiled, and turned to her quite seriously.

"What do I hope to gain? The key to peace, my dear. You say we humans are all the same, but we're really not. Everyone has different reasons for doing things. I for one despise the treatment humans give Faunus, and hope for that to change. I also hope that in time, you'll come to trust me on that, and see that there are ways for us to grow together, rather than apart. It would be in the benefit of your kind to try the same." He moved to the centre of the Dojo and lit a cigarette. Taking a deep breath, the professor drew a karambit and moved exceptionally fast towards Elke.

Thanks to her quick reactions, Elke was able to stop the blade in time, though she noticed the swing wasn't towards any of her vitals. She parried and swung back, forcing the professor to jump back.

"My name, is Professor Lans and I am the Headmaster of this Academy. And so begins our first session together Elke. For this session, I want you to try to kill me. Don't hold back, that's important. Go." Elke didn't hesitate, She pulled her sword up and pointed the hilt, pointing it at Lans. She pulled the handle to the rifle extension of her sword and a powerful blast was fired from the end. She did this two more times in quick succession aiming at different vital points each time, before charging at him. The professor was able to block all three, but not before Elke got in close. A powerful swing upwards made him dodge to the side. She twisted the hilt and pulled back down. Lans rolled under the attack, before retaliating against Elke. She jumped over his attack. Elke pulled her sword back around making the professor block the attack with his hand. A droplet of blood ran down the back of his hand once he pulled away. His eyes widened slightly.

Elke smirked slightly. She could overpower this guy it seemed. And that meant she could win. The professor dusted himself off and as he did so, Elke fired a barrage of rounds, running at him the moment the last was fired. With a series of clinks, Lans blocked them all. Elke drove her sword point first towards Lans' heart, with amazing accuracy. He dodged to the side just in time, but paid the price with a new cut.

He stood up after backing away and straightened his jacket. He pulled out a second knife and a more serious look crossed Lans' face. Elke sliced towards him, which was blocked one handed by Lans. The loops of the karambit protected his hand from the sword. Now Lans began to fight back. He slashed and lunged at Elke, who struggled to keep up, quickly becoming overpowered. SHe was pushed back over and over, Lans' superior athletic abilities keeping him one step ahead of Elke, despite her pin-point accuracy. Whilst she was overpowered, it wasn't to the point where she was being hit.

And then she was. Lars struck her side with a purposefully mis-aimed swing, punching her rather than slashing her side in two. Elke slid to the floor, leaning on one knee. She stood and prepared to continue fighting when Lans held up his hand.

"Enough. I've seen enough for today. Now I can build a plan for your actual training sessions." Elke stared at him blankly.

"You lied then. Not a great start to building trust is it?" Elke crossed her arms.

"Think of it as reverse psychology. Besides, you would have told me to shove it had I simply asked to see your skills, am I wrong?" Elke shook her head slightly, a little abashed. "Besides, the fight itself I believe was more than enough from my part to start things off. You'll receive your schedule later this evening. And tomorrow you'll also meet the other students who like you, received a special course. They'll fill you in on how it's been for them. And don't worry, as long as you don't tell anyone, your secret will remain as such." With that he walked out, patting Elke on the shoulder as he left. She turned to ask him more questions but he was gone in an instant.

She saw no point in hanging around, so Elke quickly returned to her dormitory. When she looked at the clock, she realised they'd been fighting for a little over two hours. It hadn't felt that long, but now the exhaustion began to hit her, and she slumped onto her bed. She lay there, staring at the ceiling, a bunch of questions running through her head. But she shoved them aside, and she quickly fell asleep.
u

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Kxkn79E.jpg
-Team SHLD
Selena Harter
Harley Barrett
Lars Berrardi
Dylan Arrianou
How the Beacon Shines...​

"Wait...did she just say teams?" The attention of Lars, which had been lost almost as soon as the speech began, was caught immidiately following the mention of dreaded teamwork. Selena rolled her eyes, and ignored the outburst. Beyond what Lars had listened to, there had been some useful information in the speech, though none of what the woman said could be seen as uplifting. What she had made of it, is that the whole thing was a competition. Points? Why? It was almost as if their initiative was being tested. They were being examined, not guided. She knew Lars would take to the competitive nature of the setup, though maybe less so since they had to work in teams. The thought made her sigh.

Changing her train of thought, Selena scanned the crowd, trying to guage the competition. Nothing really stood out to her. She noticed a few familiar faces from her days at signal, but no one she'd find herself minglling with any time soon.

"We should probably go and check out who our teamates are, right?" She suggested, springing to life in the process.

Dylan felt his heart sink as the teacher mentioned that they would be working in teams. He had thought that at most maybe one other person—he could work with that—but three others? "No one said anything about teams... " In his mind he could begrudgingly see the smiling face of his mother as she assured him he wouldn't have to mingle too much with the other students. Of course she had known... the witch was probably was just trying to ensure that he didn't shrink away from the opportunity this time. With a soft sigh the image away, instead turning his attention to the lack of pressure he had been feeling ever since he had seen that girl...perhaps it was safe to turn around now? Before he could make it halfway he found himself stumbling back at the sight of that same girl who was now standing uncomfortably close, boring into him with that same blank stare.

She kept staring at him for a few moments before the facade was broken and that blank stare dissolved into a fit of boisterous snickering that was halfheartedly concealed behind a raised hand. It took a few seconds before she was able to form coherent words"I'm sorry, I'm sorry... you just made that way too easy! That reaction was amazing by the way." It was at that time that Dylan noticed that one of his hands had unwillingly drifted to rest over his heart which, as he had just come to realize, was beating pretty fast. He quickly moved the arm away and turned to look at the girl with an air of confusion. Before he could voice a reaction, a gloved hand was shoved in his face. "I'm sorry alright? It was just a bit of fun… anyway I'm Harley, Harley Barrett. "

"...Dylan Arrianou…" he managed, taking hold of her hand for an uneasy shake, though she didn't seem to mind it She was already preoccupied with the screen displaying teams on the other side of the room. Now that he actually had a chance to look at her, he could see that she was a lot taller than him much ot his dismay.

"Huh… well looks like we're on the same team here, Sir Arrianou. "

"Sir?

"That last name sounds like something right out of a storybook. I think it fits."

"Please don't—"

"Hey so why don't we go meet up with the rest of the team? I can't see the other two names from here."

"I don't think—" he was quickly cut off once again as the strange girl took hold of his arm and began half dragging him through the crowd of students toward the team postings. It wasn't as if he could pull away even if he wanted to, the girl had an iron grip.

"Dylan Arrianou and Harley Barrett, huh? I suppose we need to introduce ourselves." Selena chuckled, looking through the thick crowd for faces that resembled the ones that had appeared on the display for Team Shield. She still wasnt sure how she felt about the name, but it was quickly growing on her, and she couldnt really come up with anything better, she was in no place to complain. Beyond procrastinating over the glamour over her teamname, she really hadnt put much though into what she was expecting from the teammates that hadnt already begun stressing her out.

"That them?" Lars sighed lazily. Selena turned to see a boy and a girl; the latter of whom was gleefully shoving the unfortunate students in her way in order get through the crowd, and the former being dragged behind.

"Of, course it is." Selena groaned with an exasperated sigh. "At least she's enthusiastic..."

Harley had no trouble bulldozing through the crowd, paying absolutely no mind to the glares and unflattering words that followed; meanwhile Dylan could only offer stale apologies to the disgruntled students. She had been looking forward to this for some time now ever since she learned that she had been accepted, and now it was finally happening—she was finally getting her own team! Sure, that Dylan kid didn't look to be the most capable guy... really short too, but she guessed he had promise. There was a reason he had gotten into Beacon after all... that is to say, enrollment here wasn't something that any kid could just fall ass-backwards into. They each had something that made them unique, be it a prominent family background or exceptional skill with their weapons and aura.

Her train of thought was cut short as the uncanny pair reached the team postings and she was finally able to see the last two names. Having reached their destination she released her hold on the poor soul reaching a hand up to scratch her head as she read the names off the board. She seemed completely oblivious to Dylans injured arm, though this was betrayed by the sly smile creeping its way onto her face.

"Lars Berrardi and Selena Harter huh? Well I'm not sure about the first one, but Selena kind of sounds like... well I get a bit of a control freak vibe from that kind of name... I don't know. What do you think?"

Finally released from her grasp, Dylan was trying to rub feeling back into his wrist. What kind of strength training did that girl suffer through? His parents had pushed him pretty far in preparation for all of this but that hold was pretty damn solid. This kind of thing made him wonder what kinds of things the other students were capable of—all of them having gone through their own trials at home and the academy and even moreso during the rigorous testing process that was required before one could gain entry to Beacon. The bluntness of her observation caught him off guard and brought him back to reality and his throbbing wrist. He found himself answering with a bit of a defensive tone on the edge of his voice, subtle but still identifiable.

"Well to say she's a control freak might be a little mean, besides you haven't even met her yet..." His voiced trailed off as he looked up and began scanning the faces around them, stopping at the faces of a serverely uninterested boy and girl who seemed to be staring right back at him. "Well I think I found them...Harley?"

As soon as she had spotted the pair she had begun marching her way over to them with that same boistrous smile. Dylan had no idea how she was able to approach people so easily, though he had been in isolation for some time now so maybe the issue lay there. "So you're the two missing links huh? Welcome to the team, I'm Harley. That kid over there is Dylan."

"Oh, hey! You must be Harley?" Selena smiled, extending her hand for the girl to shake. "I'm Selena." She wasnt really sure what to think of the two individuals who stood before her. Despite her sarcasm, she really was impressed by the upbeat and energetic nature of the girl. The boy...he was giving her nothing. He seemed shy, and he couldnt have been that strong if this girl was dragging him around like a rag doll. It's not like Lars was making any better a first impression than either of those two. He looking completely uninterested. She gave him a sharp nudge, signalling for him to pay attention.

"Oh, right...Lars." Lar's responded flatly, also extending a hand to be shook by whoever could reach it.

Harley took her hand and grasped it tightly before turning to the boy and doing the same, though putting considerably more force into that one. "Nice to meet ya! Now then I guess we should be checking out the dorms?" She took her hand back and settled it back on her hip, turning back to her injured companion. "Is that fine with you buddy?"

Selena felt herself being physically dragged forward by the force put into the girls handshake. Just from the short handshake, she could understand how that Dylan kid was being dragged along so easliy.

Dylan flashed a knowing look at Selena before straightening up and clearing his throat. That quick glance at Selena had already told him everything he needed to know about how he looked right now. If he wanted to fit in as a member of a team and start making friends he would have to give the appearance of actually being competent. The guy didn't seem to care either way though... he would probably not be so easy to befriend. "Yeah that would probably be the thing to do now. I guess we'll be getting our class schedule and things come later? They said classes would begin this afternoon but did anyone get a schedule?" By this point he had made his way up to the group, but he had found that same uneasy feeling from the airship returning. Because of this he had stumbled through most of his words and pretty much murmur the entire thing.

In an effort to calm down a bit his eyes had begun darting around, as if something in the room held the cure to his anxiety. Strangely enough, he found himself settling on Harley. She was strange, very impulsive, and a new student, but she seemed to have no problem socializing with those two; he tried to muster what confidence he could from that and continue. "I guess it doesn't matter for now, lets get going. I think I saw a map of the campus on the way in here."

Having said that, he found himself once again looking to Harley as if for approval. This time she seemed to notice, offering a quick nod accompied by a reassuring smile before turning back to Selena and Lars. "Kids he's right, we should probably get to seeing where we're going to be crashing for the next few years... besides I have to get my corner set up. We can talk more while we get all of our things unpacked and in order, yeah?"

"Yeah, sure." Selena nodded, gathering herself after what seemed like a hectic moment of introductions and joyous welcomings. With the formalities over and done with, she took a few moments to evaluate what she'd already picked up on from first impressions. "Kids?" She murmered to herself as the group began heading out of the hall together. She'd taken a mental note of everything that had been said and done in the last few moments, but it was Harley's decision to call them kids that seemed to stick with her the most. Harley in general really was just a curious case to her. Was it her animalistic strength or her childish innocence? Selena couldnt work it out. She found her self constantly backtracking to 'kids'.

Beacon Academy​

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Katharina "Kathy" Keshina
The Doll Maker
There was a crowd around the board, students jostling forward in an effort to see the listings of teams. Kathy was unable to see, given her height, and her soft "Excuse me"s were drowned out by the cacophony in the hall. 

She waited and waited until the crowd eventually dispersed and she finally had room to breathe as well as take a good close look at the postings. 

It did not take a while for her to find her name. Alongside three others...

Niklas Brudheim
Chloe Quick
Katharina Keshina
Ludger Demaine
She repeated their names over and over again. And tried to memorize their faces from the photographs. Ludger Demaine... It had a melodic ring to it... Almost as if it was a word itself, that she was familiar with. Kathy was also glad that there was another girl but her emotions were mixed. She hoped she would be able to get along with Chloe... And that their relationship would not have any complications, and remain absolutely professional... And platonic. She felt a twinge of sadness intertwined with fear in her heart. She only wanted to be a normal girl. 

"You'll be the bee's knees!" Those were Annie's words before Kathy had left Signal one year early for Beacon. She missed Annie; she was the only one she counted as a friend and somebody to talk to, and she even accepted her despite her flaws and secrets. 

Now, she was alone. In a team of personalities of strangers. It was just like when she arrived at the doors of Signal, all over again. 

But, hope was not lost. She had grown from that time. She had matured and realized the potential that lied within her. Beacon was supposed to be her new home. Even her teacher had said that she was getting a tad too old for Signal. It was time for her to move on to different pastures. It was time for her to break out of her comfort zone. 

...If only it was as easy as saying it. 

Kathy left the main hall, wandering around the academy. Her first small step was to meet her team. She had to find them. Where could they be? The dorms? 

That was a stupid question. Of course they were already unpacking and getting to know one another. 

Kathy scurried up the stairs, like a little mouse, and despite her physique, her movements left a slight breeze that made other students wonder who just dashed past them without their knowledge. 

Last edited:

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Mira Cullous      Nel Phelia

Team JSMN
First Steps

"Well start praying, bro." Sahn chuckled as she looked at the sheet of paper that had their team's members:

Team #1 - JSMN - Jasmine

• Jairo Xill
  • Sahn Xill
  • Mira Cullous
  • Nel Phelia
Jairo sighed in relief as he saw Sahn's name in the same team. At least he didn't have to worry about that. Now who else is there... Mira... Cullous? Oh wow, that name's as much of a bad joke as the ones the- wait, what? Nel... Bird girl's in our team? he sighed. Just our luck... Well, at least she doesn't seem like a complete mess. Maybe she could prove useful in combat.

"Oh, cool! We're on the same team!" Nel exclaimed. Her face was beaming with delight as she turned to the siblings. "This is totally cool! It's like it was determined by fate or something that we were all going to be together! Isn't that awesome? It's like something out of an epic story of friendship and adventure!"

"Well, good thing we've met already. We're gonna have to look to look for whoever Mira Cullous is, though." Jairo told her. He looked around through the crowd, hoping he could spot someone coming in their direction. The groups were now banding together and forming, and to his disappointment the strong-looking crocodile dude had been chosen for another team.

"Let's get out of the crowd." Sahn suggested. The trio moved away from the packed area. "If only they'd at least tell us what she looked like..." Jairo complained, squinting while looking throught the crowd.

"We could try shouting her name," Nel suggested. Her eyes lit up just as another idea flooded into her head. "Oooh! Or maybe you could screech your violin or something to get everyone's attention long enough to call her out!"

Suddenly, through the deafening noise of the crowd, a teacher spoke. "Students!" he roared. Literally - the man appeared to be a lion faunus, and was fully dressed in light battle armor; with his hair and beard merged to give the impression he had a lion's mane. "Time will be given for you to meet and discuss with your teams later. For now, you must go to your first assigned class, which have been assigned for each team. Listen up - won't be repeating myself."

He pulled out a long sheet of paper. "There should be a number next to your team name on the sheet on the wall. Odd number teams - Introduction to Grimm Biology with professor Azure to the left. Even number teams, follow me.

The trio looked at the sheet on the wall again. It read #10. "Guess we got lion dude for first class." Jairo said. They all looked at where the teacher was headed. It was the first class on the right, and from the outside, seemed to be one of the largest in the academy.

"Looks big." Sahn noted.

"Figures. Newcomer patch is always the biggest. That is, until we all die off, one by one, tangled in the web of battle..." Jairo snickered. "Anyway, we'll probably meet the fourth member in there." he continued as he jumped off her shoulders and the trio made their way towards the classroom.

---------------​

"Seating plan can be seen on the wall next to the door. Ain't up for discussion." the lion teacher said sternly, and strode.to his desk at the front of the ampitheatre. Behind it was a large classic blackboard, with "GMBIO101 - INTRODUCTION TO GRIMM BIOLOGY - PROF. LEO CORRYN" clearly written in white chalk.

The three looked at the seating arrangement. "Front of class, as expected. Spinnin' web." Jairo sighed as Sahn chuckled and patted her diminutive brother on the head. She had been placed at the back due to her height - despite the fact the classroom was an ampitheatre. Nel had been put just a row behind Jairo, which meant that the fourth member wouldn't be too far.

"Maybe I could find her on the list? I've always been told I have keen eye, you know." Nel said, giving Jairo a quick grin.

Just as they began looking, the teacher slammed his fist on the table, meaning the class was about to start. Leaving their search for later, Jairo and Nel went to their seats.

"Now..." the teacher began. "I'm professor Corryn, as you can see on the board behind me. As you may have guessed from the name of the class, I will be teaching you rookies three things. What grimm look like on the outside, what they look like on the inside, and how to stop yourself from becoming one of the insides." he paused for a second to assess the class in front of him, and seemed unimpressed. "In addition to this, I will sometimes randomly test you on your knowledge of grimm - both theoretically and practically, so pay attention at all times. Don't expect any warnings. You mess up in my class once, you're out. Any questions?"

The class was quiet for a few moments, until a student spoke out, breaking the silence. It was the girl next to Jairo. She seemed average enough, with a pair of orange-rimmed glasses and a fluffy collar of feathers around her neck. "Yes, sir. Quite a few actually." she began, pulling out a small notepad filled with questions. She seemed to have written them as the teacher spoke, and has a somewhat foreign accent.

Sounds like southern Atlas... Jairo thought, glancing at the girl as she began listing what she had written.

"Uhm...How many hours does each class take? How many times will we have it per week? Do we require any equipment? Will we get any assignments? Where should we get our books? What timings are the classes? Will-"

"Ahem." Professor Corryn cleared his throat to stop her. "Two; three; no; yes; inside your desks; check the boards later." he answered sternly. "I'll answer your other questions after class, miss...?"

"Cullous. Mira Cullous." the girl replied, smiling respectfully and nodding a little as she wrote down the answers to each query.

Oh, so she's the fourth one? Bloody web, another bird? Jairo thought, raising an eyebrow. She looks smart enough. Typical wise bug, I'm guessing. Could prove useful...

The professor cleared his throat again. "Well, miss Cullous, glad you're taking interest already. I expect no less from the rest of you cubs." he said, looking around at the rest of the students. Turning around, he picked up a long baton-like tool from his desk and tapped it against the board. "Let us begin."

As he tapped the blackboard, the section he had hit flipped, revealing a chart displaying a diagram of a wolf-like grimm.

"First off, the basics. This puppy right here is a grimm known as a Beowulf. Common as dirt, can be found anywhere from deserts to cities to mountains. If you're going on a mission anywhere, prepare to meet at least a pack of these. Therefore, I'll be using them as the primary example. Now, has any of you ever actually fought a grimm before?"

A few students raised their arms. "When fighting a creature of grimm, where must you aim?" Professor Corryn asked, looking at of them, a boy with deer horns protruding from his forehead.

"Ah... Everywhere, I guess...?" he answered hesitantly.

"Incorrect!" the lion faunus yelled, startling the entire class. "This-" he said, facing the diagram and poinitng at the Beowulf's face with his stick, "-is what we call a Grimm's mask. Made of pure bone, no feeling in there, extremely difficult to break. Hitting or firing at a grimm's mask is basically be like using a brick wall as a punching bag. And when you do that, something's gonna give. And it ain't gonna be the wall."

He continued, and pointed at the grimm's chest. "One of the most important things you have to know when fighting grimm is that these guys don't have a fragment of a soul - and I don't mean in the same way as my ex-wife. That means they have no emotion, no aura or semblance - basically making them pure bloodlust machines. Any aura-damaging semblances or strategies will have zero effect on them, as you would guess. However, their hearing and eyesight is about half as good as ours, which is why they have little to no ear organs and highly inefficient eyes."

As he finished, Mira raised her hand.

"Yes?"

"Professor, if grimm have such terrible senses, how can they track and be attracted to cities from so far away? Surely their sense of smell isn't that good." she asked.

"Good question, miss Cullous." The professor said, and pulled down another diagram - this time of a map. Several areas were colored in black, with four red X marks in specific locations. The four kingdoms were clearly labeled: Vale, Vacuo, Mistral, and Atlas, and the remote island of Menagerie. "Here are the four kingdoms that currently rule the human world. The large X markings are the capitals. Tell me, what do you notice?" he asked.

"The areas get more and more black near the X marks..." one student answered.

"Correct. The black areas around the capitals symbolize grimm activity. Grimm are able to track cities using negative emotions occuring in that city. And in these times of turmoil... activity is greater than ever." he said solemnly, sighing. "Anyway! Back to the topic..."

A joint post of Foxrally and Himika

Last edited:

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
Years
Ludger Demaine
The Card Master

"Looks like I'm the first one here," Ludger muttered to himself, as he stood in the doorway of the apartment his team was assigned to.

Speaking of which, he had merely took a glance at where he was posted to, not really caring to read the names of the three other people he was supposedly stuck with from here on out. How did the administration even determine whether four people were suited to cooperate and work as a team? He did not even know if his capabilities complemented his teammates. He would either get in their way or vice versa.

I would like to at least get to know them first. This headmaster does not seem to know how to do things, huh? It was like going all-in without having even glimpsed at your hand.

There were two bedrooms, with two beds in each, but only one bathroom. Ehh, he was okay with sharing the toilet, so long as nobody took an hour do their business. The living room was spacious enough to fit at least a television set (with all the game consoles and controllers set up) and a few pieces of furniture.

He randomly chose a room, and placed his luggage down at a bed, marking that as his before the others came. Ludger went back out, standing at the door, gazing around the empty apartment and mentally thinking how it should be occupied.

Suddenly, something crashed into his back. It wasn't big nor hard, quite soft actually, but it had a lot of speed. And squealed upon impact. Shocked, Ludger turned to find a....little girl recovering from the impact of the collision.

Her eyes glistened at the edges, and for some reason, anxiety crept into Ludger's heart.

"H-hey now, little girl, don't cry...." Shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit shit

The girl squeezed her fingers into a ball and squeaked, "I'm sorry, for being late!"

Ludger blinked. Twice. So many questions, he had.

Wait, she was his teammate? How old was she? And that's why she was on the verge of crying?

"Well, umm, it just seems to be the two of us right now, so uhh, just chill a bit..."

He mentally sighed. Things were going swimmingly.

Ice1

[img]http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-xy/icon/712.pn
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Niklas Brudheim​
The Unmovable

Niklas sat at his desk, eagerly scribbling down any useful notes from professor Sylvester's lecture as he could in big blocky letters. Handwriting really wasn't something Niklas was proficient in. He liked things to be more robust, and a pen didn't allow for any smashing or exploding. Luckily, the class he was currently in counteracted that. Explosion and Detonation 101, thought by a man whose desk reflected his area of expertise fairly well, and his haircut did so even more. Professor Sylvester was a fat man, but it was clear underneath the fat, a big set of muscles was hidden. His light blue hair pointed to all sides, except to the top, where it was contrasted by the reflecting glaze of a bald head. He wore a pair of glasses of which Niklas was sure the model would be called 'jam jar'.

The excitement the man had for blowing stuff up drew Niklas into the lesson. The way he described something just getting torn to shreds by the kinetic energy was so life like, that Niklas felt as if it was happening in front of him. In all honesty, it got Niklas aching to get in a physical class. There just wasn't as much satisfaction to be gotten from seeing an explosion in your mind's eye as seeing one in your literal eye, as you could feel the heat scorching your skin in a way that was very pleasant.

"Now, I guess, no, no, no, wait, I know that all of us love the power and the kick of a good explosion, but the start of every year always begins with drawing people in. And, once you've got them-" Sylvester slammed his hand shut "-You gotta teach them about safety. If there is one thing I care more about than the art of blowing stuff up real good, it's the art of blowing stuff up real safe…"

Niklas sighed, and the pace of his note taking drastically dropped. If there was one thing he didn't care about, it was blowing stuff up safely. The great thing about being a Brudheim was that he didn't have to care about safety. It would all be taken care off by the family heritage.

Still, Niklas didn't slack. He still tried to pick up as much of Sylvester's words as possible. It would return on a test, and Niklas was not planning on letting any test fail. People might call him a barbarian, but he took education just as seriously as smashing grimm to pieces. In all honesty, that was mainly because of the fact that without bad grades, you'd get out of the academy earlier, and you'd get to smash grimm to pieces for real.

"One thing to take in consideration when creating explosions is personal durability," professor Sylvester continued, "I for one, am not really capable of dealing with my own explosions."

"That explains the haircut," someone said in the back, and it was answered by a deep tumbling belly laugh by the teacher. As the professor started to dive into the topic Niklas knew most about, being immune to your own detonation, Niklas' eyes started to check out the room. It was a fairly diverse crowd, some people tall and lanky, some being as perfectly round as your typical cartoon bomb. One figure drew Niklas' attention, however. A boy in all black, with hair as dark as his fashion sense right down to his eyes. There was something off about him, and it took Niklas a second of three to realize it. Underneath the shirt, it seemed there was more bone than a normal human should have, as if the kid had extrusions on his back. When the kid noticed Niklas was looking, it seemed to disappear, as if it retracted at the speed of sound. Oh, you filthy animal, Niklas thought.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Salazar Jones, Oswald Carotene, Reese Kells, and Brooke Webster
Faunus Academy

After getting the tour of the school, Sal returns to the mess hall to indulge his appetite. He quickly finishes off a tray of fish sandwiches, and is about to head for the tray of whole fried chickens, when an announcement is made calling all students to orientation. He grabs a couple chickens to snack on before he is escorted out of the dining area. By the looks he is given, he might not be welcome in there anymore.

Orientation itself is about what Sal expected. A general welcome and course outline. He's a little surprised that teams have already formed, considering he hasn't met anybody else yet. Of course, he hasn't made any effort to meet anyone, either. He makes his way over to the bulletin board, where names and photos of the teams have been posted. Being one of the largest students, he is easy to spot, so he merely glances around, waiting for his teammates to find him.

That doesn't take long, as he's soon approached by a tall (though still far shorter than Sal) dog-eared girl in a gaudy armored trenchcoat who matches one of the posted pictures. She holds out her hand in greeting. "It looks like we're going to be teammates, Salazar. You look quite strong! I'm looking forward to fighting alongside you."

Sal glances down at the girl, gripping her hand with his mechanical right hand and giving a firm handshake. "Likewise..." He looks back at the board to remember her name. "Brooke. My friends call me Sal. You can, too." He looks her over appreciatively. Her coat is much fancier than his, but they share the longcoat style, and she wears gauntlets like him. Although, he doubts hers are prosthetics like his. "We are gonna get along swimmingly."

There are two other members of their team, but Sal doesn't particularly care about them at the moment. Brooke is his primary partner, and she's here now. "The goat man said to drop off our stuff before our first class, but we don't exactly have rooms." He looks down at himself, checking his jacket pockets. "And I don't have any stuff. You have a place to go after class?"

"Yeah, I was planning on heading back to my workshop when school was done. War is coming, and I need to figure out a way to weaponize my Semblance before it does. Because..." She pauses and holds out her hand, and a small orb of light forms over it. "Light isn't exactly very lethal on its own." She closes her hand into a fist and the ball of light disappears. "Though fortunately my MADT can kill things just fine." She pats the machine gun on her back a couple times. "What about you?"

"You named your gun Matt?" Sal tilts his head slightly, looking at her gun in confusion. "I know some people can get attached to their weapons, but I've never seen anyone give one a name."

"M.A.D.T., short for Multi-Action Dust tool."

"As for after class, I don't have a workshop, so I usually just go hunting. If I find Grimm, I get a fight. If I find animals, I get food." He grins wickedly. "And if I find humans, I get food, a fight, and their stuff." He chuckles darkly. "But the workshop sounds fun. We can go there and work on your tech, then we go out and test it later."

Brooke listens to Sal quietly, but when he makes his comment about humans she gives him a wide grin of her own. "I like the way you think, Sal! Find me at the school gate after class if you want to tag along to the workshop, you're welcome there anytime." She glances at his arm. "I can probably do maintenance on that gauntlet of yours if you ever need it, too. Though I'd feel bad pulling you away from a good hunt."

Sal knew he would like this girl. He looks at his "gauntlet", honestly considering her offer of maintenance. It will have to wait until later, though, and he's reluctant to part with it for any length of time. "It's a date, then. Let's go sit through whatever boring lecture they're holding, and we can go. Always a pleasure to see new tech."

He pauses, a stray thought coming up from the back of his mind. "We should probably find our other teammates, too." He glances over at the board. "A monkey and a rabbit. We'll meet up with them in class."

"A date, huh? Where we goin'?" interrupts a voice that definitely didn't belong to Brooke. It was a low, masculine voice that slurred it's words a little. Brooke turns to look at the new arrival who'd somehow managed to avoid her sharp senses only to suddenly have him put his arm around her shoulders. In a panic, Brooke shoves him aside, rather hard at that. He didn't seem to resist, and he catches his footing in the next instant. He then stretches his other arm and puts his hand on Sal's shoulder while still looking at Brooke. "Whoa, chill brah. We're teamies, remember?" He pats Sal's shoulder a couple times at that last word.

Sal rolls his shoulder to dislodge Reese's hand. A low growl bubbles up from his chest as he looks at the monkey, more from annoyance than anger.

Brooke glares at him a moment before glancing back at the team listings board. The older-looking boy takes a step back and holds out both hands, palm-up. "Name's Reese. Nice to meetcha, bros."

With some hesitation, Brooke lifts her own hand, unsure of how to respond. "Well..." The word slips out in her normal voice, and she quickly clears her throat before continuing again in her tough girl voice. "My name is Brooke, not 'Brah'. Though you seem to have some skill, at least. Welcome to the team, Reese." She ignores whatever he was doing with his hands and holds out her own for a shake, which he accepts with a sigh. He then looks to Sal, other hand still outstretched.

Sal recognizes the name and face, and he holds up his gauntleted fist. "Likewise. I'm Salazar." He offers his fist, going for a fist bump rather than a handshake. Reese accepts eagerly, nodding his head in approval as he bumps his fist against Sal's. "Now we're just missing one member."

"Um, actually... I'm standing right behind you." A quiet voice speaks up from behind Sal. A short boy wearing blue clothes stands there, although the others aren't sure when he arrived. The boy is barely five feet tall, and that's including his large bunny ears. He scuffs his foot on the ground, hands in his pockets. "I saw the board, and you're not exactly hard to spot. I'm Oswald, the fourth member of Team BROS. You can call me Ozzy if you'd like..."

"Awright Ozzy!" cheers Reese as he walks over to Oswald. He puts his arm over the boy's shoulders as he had with Brooke and says, "I like you, you seem like a cool dude." He then turns over to the others, adding, "Not that you guys aren't cool, too."

Oswald stiffens up as Reese wraps an arm around his shoulders, but otherwise doesn't seem to mind.

Brooke's reaction is a bit different, a frown appearing on her face. "How old are you, Oswald?" Before he can answer, she seems to reconsider. "No, no. I guess if you're skilled that doesn't really matter. Welcome to the team, Oswald." She sets aside the issue and reaches out for a handshake, but her face makes it clear that she isn't any more comfortable with it than before.

"I'm seventeen..." he mutters under his breath as Brooke approaches. He seems to notice her discomfort, and keeps the handshake quick.

"Great! The gang's all here." Sal steps in to diffuse the awkward situation. "What's on our agenda for today?"

Suddenly the chatter of the students is pierced by a loud, booming voice that is practically a roar. It was a lion Faunus teacher, announcing that it was time for them all to go to class. It seems that the students are to be divided into two groups for their first class, with some being asked to go with a woman known as Professor Azure, and the others with the lion man.

Brooke looks at the board and informs the others, "We're team six, so we're with the lion. Let's not keep him waiting." She takes the lead, heading toward the teacher in a long, confident stride.

Sal grins as Brooke takes charge, liking her bold attitude. He follows after her, pushing past another student. Reese shrugs and follows after them, his arm still around Oswald's shoulders, who goes along quietly.

Class begins in the large amphitheater without any interruptions, with Brooke and Sal being seated towards the back and the other two closer to the front. The lion man introduces himself as professor Corryn and begins the lesson, starting with class expectations before moving on to basics of the Grimm body such as their masks and lack of an aura.

Sal growls when the professor mentions their lack of aura. "Nothing to drain, but they still go down, you hit 'em hard enough." He mutters to Brooke. She nods silently in agreement while taking notes, only half-listening to her teammate.

Occasionally a girl named Mira would get the professor on a tangent, but he makes sure to get back on track promptly each time. Brooke is glad to see someone so eager to learn. On the other end of the spectrum is Reese, who appears entirely too relaxed in his seat. He appears to be lazily writing something with one hand, but on closer inspection it appears to be only a doodle. Sitting next to him is Oswald, who apparently doesn't even have a notebook. He just listens intently, his large ears twitching at every sound behind him.

"With that in mind," continues the professor. "It's extremely important that you stay calm when fighting Grimm. A lot of rookies panic when they finally see real combat, and that fear is like catnip to those monsters, bringing any of the things close enough to notice running right for 'em. Things like hate and anger aren't any better." This earns a small scoff from Sal, but he doesn't speak up to contradict the professor.

Professor Corryn goes on to give some advice for staying calm in battle, eventually bringing up the low intelligence of the average Grimm. "Unless it's a bigger, older Grimm, you can't expect one to have very much concern for self preservation. Your typical Beowolf will just lunge right at you over and over until one of you is dead. So if you can manage to keep your head on straight, you usually have the advantage anyway."

Having no trouble with her emotional state in battle, Brooke's mind begins to drift to her recent projects, thinking of ways to improve her gear's efficiency and ways to get newer creations working in the first place. Without realizing it, she stops filling her notebook with actual notes and begins filling it with diagrams of weapons and armor. A small smile finds its way to her face.

While the professor talks about controlling emotions and keeping your head straight, Sal flips through his textbook, more interested in learning about Grimm than learning about himself. A low growl comes from him, but it's his stomach this time. "Talk, talk, talk..." he mutters to himself, not even paying attention anymore. "Either teach us something practical or let me go find lunch..."

Last edited:

Yukari

Alexandria Tobin, Loth Griever, Alice Hughes, and Leon Brask.

"I'm at the top of the world! I'm sailing the skies!" loud singing could be heard outside of the dorms. Followed by loud knocking. What is that? Loth asked to himself as he arrived at the dorms. He opened the door as the singing grew louder... Too loud for his taste. The bathroom door abruptly swung open. A man covered only with a towel leaped out.

"AND HERE I AMMMMMM" He finished singing and he fell on his knees as he raised his right arm and rested his left arm on his chest, and humming for a few seconds.

Meanwhile, Loth watched the whole scene, thunderstruck. The boy was so focused he didn't even notice Loth's presence. He stayed on his knees for a while.

Loth felt awkward standing there, staring at a man, dressed only in a towel who seemed to be completely absent-minded. "... E-excuse me?" He spoke very low; Unsure of what to do. Alexandria and Alice opened the door and looked in. "I think we have the wrong dorm" Alice said, before slamming the door shut. Alexandria walked up to him and slapped him in the face. She shook her head and walked out of the room.

Loth was even more amazed, too many things had happened in less than two minutes. He shook his head slightly as usual, stood firmly and said, "You must be Leon..."

Alexandria opened the door slightly and exclaimed: "Let us know when you have some clothes on."

"Hey man! Yes, that's me, and you must be Loth." He stood, and stretched his hand towards Loth. "Nice to meet you!" Leon said with a big smile and his eyes closed.

A shy smile crept upon Loth's face. As awkward as the situation was, he felt a weird comfort. He thought this person could be his friend. They shook hands and Leon began to put on some clothes before Alexandria comes in again.

"So, is everyone decent now?" Alexandria asked, peeking through a crack in the door. Loth nodded. Alexandria motioned to Alice and the two entered the room. Alexandria walked up to Loth and reached out her hand, he grabbed it and gave it a firm shake. How do you do? My name is Alexiandria... but most people just call me Alex." She scratched the back of her head and, after a brief pause, turned to her friend. "This is Alice." Alice shyly nodded and turned away from Loth. Alexandria smiled and patted her on the back. "Don't be so shy!" she said. "O-okay..." She replied, staring at her feet. "We used to be close friends back in high school," Alexandria.

"Hello, this is Leon. We just met" Loth said and tried to hide a smile. Meanwhile Leon was sitting on the couch, playing with his semblance; numerous sparks came out of his fingertips. "Hey! Nice to meet you, I'm Leon. Sorry for our previous incident" he chuckled and gave a big smile. Something tells me it's going to be difficult to get along with him... Alexandria thought to herself.

Alice and Alexandria had particular personalities. Though, Loth didn't notice this. Loth can be really shallow when it comes to people. However, he had noticed Alex's rejection of Leon. I hope this won't be a problem in the future he thought to himself. Concern written on his face.

"We still have a few minutes until class, if you're not ready I'd advise you get to it. I've heard that the teacher is strict." Loth said while he was checking his backpack.

Alexandria and Alice walked up towards the door. "We're going to go for a walk." Alexandria said as they exited the room. "You two can spend your time however you want; just don't be late for class."
Joint post between Yukari and JohnnyMustang

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
feg6ceb.png

completely-nonsense.regular.png

bTYII0L.png

Beacon seemed so... nice.

It was a towering spire of white. A beautiful castle of what could have been marble or another soft and shining stone. It stood out as if it was a bastion of hope... of knowledge and joy. What a lovely place. This place that his family had feared so much. This place they had tried to protect him from. That place.

The place that trained those whom he was supposed to hate.

He stood there, walking in the doors late as usual. Looking for some tour group or class to fall in with until he could figure out what he was supposed to be doing. Everyone he cared about was back with the other Faunus, but not him. No, he refused to stand among the others in his training. He had chosen to enter Beacon, disguised as a human. He would gain their trust and friendship, he would become their ally. He would learn from them, he would teach them. When all was said and done he would reveal himself to them, they would see him for who he really was... One of the "creatures" they were supposed to hate. When they did, their reaction would be the deciding factor on the rumored "evil" that was the discriminatory race of beings known as humans. He would seek peace in his own way, even if it seemed so risky even when barely murmured in the recesses of his mind.

Yet something seemed wrong. Had he really arrived so late that everyone else had already been ushered in? Goodness this certainly wasn't a grand first impression. Starting off in the teachers bad books even. Indeed for an academy so large the hallway he stood in was empty. A red carpet ran along the floor of the white tiles, a few doors lined the intricate walls adorned with various carvings. It seemed dark, the only light filtering through came from gaps in a few columns. Yet it was rather beautiful to see, he admitted to himself. The sights from even here, morning light filtering into a hallway exposed to air. He took a moment to step between the poles and glance at the outside World.

So this was Beacon. Beautiful and clean, welcoming and bright... even in darkness. As a "Beacon" should be. It almost seemed silly to think that his people feared such a place.

Yet he knew appearances could be deceiving.

The Hallway looked empty for certain, but something was wrong. In no way was he alone here. Something was very wrong... in a sort of self defense mechanism he let his semblance flow into activation. His instincts began to flare and he sensed the World around him, even if he wasn't fully consciously aware of it. His arms were no longer his own, yet he moved them with his own will. His aura itself acting as their guide.

"There."

Tenerus moved his arm at a blazing speed as he drew his blade and sliced in an arc, a single kunai was launched across the hall where it spun harmlessly to a stop.

"So the Gecko isn't dying on day one. Isn't that just dandy?"

The voice came from somewhere nearby... Yet Tenerus had no idea where from exactly, it almost seemed like it was right on top of him yet no presence was directly obvious.

His arm moved again in a jerking motion as another kunai that had somehow struck from outside the columns expanse, from the open World, was launched aside. He had to think of something... he was a sitting duck here. The voice was female, deep and sultry, its dulcet tones were laced with the subtle bronzing of constant alcoholic intake.

Wait... alcohol?

He could smell it too, the scent was reeking and it seemed to permeate the entire hallway. The source, he was a faunus, one related to a powerful hunter at that... he could find the origin point of the smell if he focused. It was very close... yet not far away in any conventional direction. Unless... Tenerus quickly turned his gaze skyward, where a woman had gripped onto the roof using a pair of Kunai as grapples. She grabbed a third from her belt and flung it in a wide arc to the immediate forefront of Tenerus. A surefire miss, yet she had a confident smirk on beneath a dark brown leather hood. Watching the blade carefully, Tenerus would have been caught off guard if not for his semblance, as with a flick of the grinning attackers wrist, the blade changed directions in the air and sped right towards Tenerus position. His arm quickly raised as he once again sliced the Kunai right out of the air.

"Ahaha! Ha! Ha... Oh I'm so glad the boss allowed me reign here, you're one funny little gecko, running around and pretending like you're people!"

The woman let out a shrill cry as she dropped from the ceiling, the two kunai held in each hand, ready to strike Tenerus down in a death from above style assassination. She wasn't kidding around, her attacks were launched with enough force to slice his throat and leave him for dead if he didn't block them as he could. This attack was no different, there was so much strength for one with such a petite frame. The cloak attached to her hood billowed out behind her as she dropped, ready to strike, ready to kill. Yet Tenerus blocked it all the same, his semblance allowing him to deflect blows if not much else.

Yet still, he wasn't all knowing, nor all powerful. Using Tenerus' blocking blade as a center of gravity, the woman hooked her kunai under the edge and swung around, her boots forcing their way outwards as she used the momentum to kick Tenerus in the stomach. Hard. He was launched sprawling backwards, it was all he could do to keep a grip on his weapon, his life-line in this attack and any other.

He hit the floor hard and slipped and bounced along the stone tiles before grinding to a stop against the carpets friction. His ribs hurt, ached even. Yet he was still standing. He had to lean on his sword under the immense pain. They weren't broken, but damn had that been a wallop. He was completely winded and he had to lean on his sword a little to keep himself upright.

"Ahahaha... looks like dragon scales aren't as resilient as the legends tell am I right?"

The woman slowly pulled the hood down from her face and dropped the cloak to the ground entirely to reveal a mature and refined expression. The look of a woman whom knew exactly what she was doing.

latest

"Now don't you worry hun... I know exactly what you're thinking." The woman said wryly, taking a few steps towards the still very defensive Tenerus.

"Oh no... the humans caught me out! They know I'm a big, bad lil' Gecko ready to stir up a storm! Whatever will they do with me?! Am I right?" She stopped her march forward and shrugged.

"Good news. You're wrong, you're very welcome here in fact. By some of us."

Tenerus raised an eyebrow and his stance faltered, ever so slightly.

"Welcome...?"

The woman grinned and nodded slowly, yet with slow motions that reeked of condescending after thoughts. "Oh so you can speak? Fun. But yeah, I suppose I'd best cut the **** yeah? Get right to the point."

She took another step forward and continued speaking.

"Headmaster knows exactly who and what you are Gecko. Faunus. Now don't panic just yet... he actually likes you scaly, furry bags of leftover meat. As you can probably tell. Not a big fan myself. Most aren't in these parts, really." She grins widely, a mocking gesture.

"Lucky for you! He and I are the only two humans in the entire country who know your itty bitty secret. He told me, in fact! "Why?" You might ask. To watch over your sorry ass of course. "Why this hag?" Well because he trust me... and lucky for you, I like him, more than I hate you. So I'll play nice with an interspecies freak like you. Sound good?" She finally approached Tenerus and puts a hand on his shoulder as she finishes talking.

Tenerus allows no anger to flash in his eyes as he stands up straight. She can tell that this lady very much hates his kind, if the headmaster of this academy didn't share such views, then Tenerus had to wonder as to why he'd assign her to watch over him... was this woman lying?

Regardless, he did not come for conflict with humans. He came for peace.

"Then, might I ask your name?"

The woman reeled just a bit. Her eyes widened in slight surprise at the polite nature of his response and the gentle tone in his voice. No hatred. No aggression. He didn't give any reaction to her gall and insults. He simply accepted her words, even when she had just made an attempt on his life.

"My... my what? Ehm, right. Mina. Miss Ova to you Gecko, I'm the ranged combat teacher here at Beacon."

Tenerus nods to the response and smiles a little weakly.

"And I can see why! You fight with such skill, I can no doubt learn quite a lot from you... I suppose I should count myself lucky for such a private lesson?"

Miss Ova took a step back from Tenerus with a furrowed brow. She looked at him like he was some sort of freak and quickly picked up the cloak, wrapping it back around her shoulders and pulling up the hood. She glared at him.

"You should... I rarely attempt to murder my students. Your survival means I'm allowing you to stay a while longer. It won't be so easy next time."

Tenerus raised an eyebrow as he spoke. "Next time?"

"I'm to be your mentor." Ova spoke with a tone of disgust in her voice. "Headmaster insisted. I'll be striking out again in the future, to keep you sharp. I'm meant to tell you to come and speak to me if you're in any trouble but..." She scowled with a little more intensity. "I'd really rather you didn't, beast."

Tenerus flinched a little, but stayed true to his resolve.

"I believe I am late... Miss Ova. Is there any information I was not present fo- eh?" Tenerus caught a sealed scroll of paper in his hands before he could even finish his question. Ova was already walking away as she gave a brief explanation.

"You're in a team... three other guys. Best make sure you sleep with gloves on so they don't see your wretched bits. We don't have the resources to give you special treatment."

Tenerus stood there, still a little shaken at the encounter he had just had. He clutched the scroll a little, ready to read the names a little later.

He finally heard some voices other than Ova's after a few moments in the distance... his senses still a little heightened as his semblance was still somewhat active. Instinctively, he walked towards the noise...

Had his family been right about Beacon... about the true nature of humanity? Was it really just cruelty hidden in a guise of a smile?

He didn't believe that. Not yet. Things had only really just begun.

Trying not to focus on his bruised chest, Tenerus took a step forward... and then another... and another. Resolved to move towards a new future. His new "mentor" be damned if she thought she could crush his belief on the very first day.

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Kxkn79E.jpg
-Team SHLD
Selena Harter
Harley Barrett
Lars Berrardi
Dylan Arrianou
Dust Till Dawn​

The dorm seemed nice. Nice was probably the most appropriate word. Kitchen, living room, two bedrooms: Selena was...satisfied. For the most part, the living room was spacious; fitting a setae with two extra chairs, a full television set and adequate decorations. What was probably most disapointing to her was the lack of bedrooms. Only two. Much to her dispoinment, she she wasnt deceived. There were only two rooms, each with two beds each it seemed. If there was anything that redeemed that disapointing fact, it was that they at least got seperate baathrooms for each room.

"Looks like we're sharing." She sighed to herself. She found herself wandering into what looked the nicer of the two rooms. The wallpaper of the other room was ridiculous, she couldnt sleep in a place like that. This one on the other hand...again, tolerable.

"The hell were you expecting?" Lars called out to her, with a raised brow.

"Split boys and girls?" She grinned awkwardly, ignoring Lars' query.

After saying this, Selena would feel an arm being slung across her shoulder along with the weight of Harley's form. The girl didn't seem to have any problem with violating personal space or creating uncomfortable situations. Her eyes widened in disgust at the abrupt and imprudent breaching of her bubble. It took a few seconds for her to calm her nerves, before simply sighing internally. "I'll take that as a yes." She droned, as her face slumped. Harley simply displayed that same boistrous grin and waved with her free hand to the two boys.

"Welp, looks like this is us, kid." Lars shrugged to Dylan. Looking at his own room, he could see why Selena chose the one she did. That girl was never one for settling. No doubt she'd be making renovations at a later date, probably the moment she got the chance . Lars on the other hand, could settle, and had no problems with the room in front of him.

Now that he had been separated from that giant crowd in the auditorium, Dylan had begun to loosen up, realizing that he now only had to deal with his own team members. He had followed Harley into the nicer room, but of course stopped short as the other girl staked her claim to the room. It look a lot nicer than the alternative so he supposed he couldn't blame her, that wasn't the biggest problem anyway. He turned to his new roommate, sizing him up with a quick glance before surveying the rest of the room. Eventually he came to the conclusion that Selena had probably skipped the room due to the unflattering wallpaper.

Finding their class had hardly been an issue, however the students of the class could turn out to be one. None of them looked excited for whatever material they were about to receive, nor did they display welcoming faces; he guessed there were no friends to be made here.

"Hey, is this Grimm biology?" Selena asked, from a few feet away. What seemed to be affirmative nods was enough to convince her to join her teamates at the back of the line. "Thanks." She mumbled, basically to herself. The lack of verbal response made it obvious this would be a tough class to get along with. At least she had her team though...right?

Not long after Team Sheild arrived, a tall, gruff man strolled casually past and open the door. He seemed to slouch slightly as he walked, and carried a very uncaring look about him. Selena squinted. Did Beacon academy really hire a guy like that? He didnt say a word, as he showed the class inside, and sat lethargically behind his desk. She found herself sitting between Harley and Lars, with Dylan seeming to want as far away from everything as possible, in the corner.

As the rest of the team found their seats, Dylan began to move towards them but was stopped when another student beat him to the punch, taking the only other available seat next to Lars. He opened his mouth to object but found his words caught in his throat and quickly shut it, moving over to claim an open seat near one of the corners and burying his head in his notebook. Dylan had ended up drowning out most of Mr. Foster's halfhearted introduction until his name was called which prompted him to quickly raise his head, looking at the teacher with a bewildered expression.

"So..." The teacher began, finally assuming some sort of authoritative posture. "The names Foster. The 'Mr' sounds weird with my name, so I decided to drop it. No Mr.Foster here." He scanned the class before continuing. "From what I understand, you'd normally be doing Grimm Biology in this room, with Mr.Kulnan. Luckily for you...he's not here. You get my sorry ass instead." Selena glanced across the class. For the most part, people were disinterested or were just trying to take in the new enviroment. Ironically, Lars seemed fully engaged in the lesson; on her other side Harley also bearing an enthusiastic grin. She wasnt sure whether to be pleased by the eagerness of her teamates, or frightened by the mischevious nature of the two grins. Dylan on the other hand, seemed to be stuck in his own bubble. She'd have to have a word with him. Her train of though was cut short by the teacher continuing his speech. "I, instead, will be teaching you about Semblances and aura control. Raise your hand if you've unlocked your semblance." A good portion of the class raised their hand, with only a small minority keeping theres down; one individual among that minority was Harley. "You got an easy lesson today. You're gonna be doin' a semblance showcase, so to speak." He picked out a few of the raised hands and called them to the front of the class: Selena, Dylan and 5 others stepped in front of the class.

"Lucky bastards." Lars sighed to himself, rolling his eyes and slumping in his chair.

"I'm sorry... whats going on?" Dylan asked in a slightly alarmed tone. He felt his skin begin to warm as he felt the eyes in the room turn to him. Already the first class and he wasn't paying attention, wonderful. He'd probably be serving detention by the end of the week...Foster's eyes harbored no ill intent, probably something more like a faint amusement at catching the first distracted student of the year.

"Your semblance, kid. Come on and give the class a little demonstration... oh and thanks for volunteering for it by the way."

"But I didn't...right..." Dylan sighed, thankful that his complexion hid the blood that had rushed to his face. He stiffly stood and made his way down to the front of the room, making sure not to return any of the stares he assumed he was receiving from the other classmates or trip on his way down.

The first student stepped up. Foster stepped back, folding his arms in critique as the first student stepped up. The student stuck out his right arm, and rested his left hand on the wrist of the other. In the palm of his open right hand, he spawned an ethereal blade.

"Nice." Foster nodded, prompting the class to applaud. "Lets move on then. I'll get to explaining how thats done and how you can harness and hone that power in the next lesson. Blondey." He ushered to Selena.

"Selena Arter." She responded sharply, with a sighing undertone. Foster couldnt resist the urge to chuckle. Ignoring the ill-mannered response from her teacher, she looked around blankly after realising that she didnt have any source material. Thankfully, she noticed a small plant pot sitting on the windowsill. Perfect.[/] She grinned. It required her to clamber over the desk of a classmate, but she grabbed the pot and carried it back to the front. Foster could only watch curiously with a raised brow. As Selena activated her semblance, that which was once dirt feeding a single bonsai tree was now a collection of gem stones that could probably buy a thousand.

Dylan watched as the first student demonstrated his own semblance by summoning some sort of blade from the palm of his right hand with a measure of controlled surprise. He made a silent note of it, accentuating that some semblances could materialize in varying degrees for offensive purposes. When Selena stepped up to display hers, he stifled a small chuckle as she hopped over one of those huge lecture hall desks to grab... a plant? What was she going to do with a pl-oh.Gems... she had just made gems from plant soil... some kind of enrichment semblance?

"Huh." Foster nodded, almost drooling at the financial gain he'd just made. "So, ummm...y-yh, next." He stumbled, making no effort to hide his speechless state.

"Sorry about the tree." Selena winked. She offered little explanation of the apparent transmutation as she made her way back to her seat with a slightly obnoxious but arguably deserved flip of her hair.

At Foster's distracted urging, Dylan made his way to the center of the class. "What would be the best way to explain this..." He murmered mostly to himself. Dylan found himself glancing up at Harley once again as if for guidance, but what he got back was simply a calm knowning smile. It wasn't as if she could do more than that anyway in this situation, but it did help to calm him down somewhat. After spending a moment to think, he finally came to a descision and took a stance that probably resembled something from a kung fu movie to the rest of the class. It was one of the first martial arts styles he had learned when he had begun training with his father. He blocked out the noises of the other students, ignorant to the snickering and whispered jokes as he took in a deep breath. As he exhaled, a silverish glow began to emenate from his body, causing his form to waver, almost as if he were becoming a mirage. With his next breath he closed his eyes and began his movements, shifting to the left as he took another form, pausing to exhale once more.

The bulk silvery form of his aura had not followed him, but instead remained in his previous position still staring at the class for a moment before it appeared to take a breath and join him in the second form. He went through several forms with the ghostly aura following in perfect mimicry of his movements, only behind by a second or two. Dylan then began to accelerate, moving through more aggressive forms involving punches and palm thrusts with the silver double now only miliseconds behind. Finally he came to the end of his exercise, slowing once more and lowering himself to one knee as he pulled back his left arm and thrusted towards the ground, stopping an inch or so above it. The silver apparition followed suit, moving as he had before with only a few seconds of delay. Though when it pulled back its arm and thrusted at the ground there was a significant delay, and the strike itself created a dull thump that resounded in the lecture hall. Dylan opened his eyes calmly... and quickly reverted to his state prior to the exercise, noticing that he had managed to create a barely noticible indent in the floor.

He quickly got back up to his feet and looked back at Foster, not offering much of an explanation himself. "So uh... that's what it does." Feeling as dumb as he thought that to sound, he had begun to make his way back to his seat before he was flagged down by Harley. Weird... hadn't someone been sitting next to to her before? Shrugging off the stray thought he quickly collected his things and moved to sit next to Harley, who greeted him with a firm head patting. "Nice going Sir Dylan. Though I guess I can't call you by that knightly name now. You were doing all those cool kung fu things! Where did you learn that?"

Caught off guard, he couldn't rightly respond to with her questions with anything other than bashful laughter. He hadn't meant to get so enveloped in the exercise, but it had done some good for him. He didn't feel anywhere near as anxious as he had when he had first stepped foot in the class.

Turning her eyes from him, Harley glanced at the student who had been sitting next to her and was now sitting a few rows back. Under her gaze the student flinched and swiftly turned his attention to the rest of the demonstrations, a solitary bead of sweat making it's way down his face.

"You were great!" Selena beamed reassuringly to her new teammate. This showcase was definitely good for the team. It was the first they'd got to see of each other's abilities after all. Things looked bright.

Beacon Academy: Aura Control Class​

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 38
  • Seen Feb 24, 2024

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Mira Cullous Nel Phelia

Team JSMN
Challenges

"Next class is in three days, same timing as today." professor Corryn concluded the class, rolling up the charts and diagrams on the blackboard. "You've all seen your seating plan and the location of the class, so I won't tolerate any lateness next time. Class is dismissed, if any of you have questions-" Mira eagerly nodded as he mentioned them; "-I will be able to answer them now."

"Ugh, took the guy long enough..." Jairo mumled sleepily and scratched his nose, clearly having no interest in the class. He suddenly realized someone had tapping on his shoulder - it was Mira.

"Could I pass, please? Class is over, and I need to ask the professor a few questions before he leaves." she asked, smiling respectfully. Jairo groaned and lifted his head off the desk, using his 2 other arms to push himself into a standing position and stepping aside. "Thanks!" she said quickly, before hurrying over to the professor.

"Yeah, any- *yawn* anytime..." Jairo replied drowsily, stretching himself. He met up with Sahn and Nel on the way down the stairs of the ampitheatre.

"So, like... You're a spider Faunus, right?" Nel asked Sahn as she waited for Jairo and the final member of their team to join them.

"Mmhm." Sahn nodded. "Not many of us left."

"I see..." Nel replied, still giving her a curious glance. "So... how come you're well... so much... larger? I always thought that you'd all be kinda small, you know like Jairo. You're well... kinda... beefy, to say the least."

"See, this is why I don't like birds." Jairo sneered, hopping onto Sahn's shoulders. "You ask too many ques- ow." he was cut short by Sahn flicking him in the temple.

"Spider faunus females are usually more rare than males. About a hundred in one, so we're born to be the strongest in the group. Though when I was born, there were actually two-"

"Right, that's enough history for today, sis!" Jairo interrupted. "What about you, birdbrain? What is it you've got under your belt?"

Nel glanced down and smiled. "Well, my shorts are under my belt. Duh!"

Jairo rubbed the bridge of his nose in frustration. "We're going to be enduring this silk for four years..." he muttered to himself.

"What's wrong? Do you have a headache or something?" Nel asked. "Maybe you should go lay down and sleep it off."

"H'ell be fine." Sahn replied. "Does anyone know about our next class?"

"No idea, slept through most of this one. Couldn't give a spider's abdomen about what grimm are like on the inside." Jairo replied nonchalantly. "Birdie should know."

"Yeah... Sorry, I kinda didn't pay much attention either," Nel responded. The smile never left her lips as she flicked one of her neck feathers. "Guess I had my head up in the clouds."

Jairo sighed. "Well how are we supposed to know where to go now?" he asked in exasperation.

"Sparring class next, 5 classes in front of us, to the right." a voice replied from behind them. Mira walked up to the group, her notebook in one hand and her weapon in the other. Upon closer inspection, it seemed to be a sort of two-dented short spear. "There's a bunch of teachers we could go to, so we can pick together."

Sahn raised an eyebrow at the newcomer. "And you are...?"

"Mira." the owl faunus replied, bowing respectfully. "I was sitting next to, ah... you." she said, motioning to Jairo and smiling.

Nel glanced over at Mira, giving their fourth teammate a look over for the first time. Her eyes lit up as she noticed that she had feathers sticking out of her neck like she did. Nel's smile only grew wider at this realization, the hawk Faunus quickly greeting their new ally.

"So we're on the same team then!" Nel exclaimed. "This should be pretty good then! 'Cause you know, birds of a feather stick together, right?"

Mira giggled at the joke. "That's what my sister used to say! Nice to meet you, ah... wait a second..." she began flipping through her notepad, finally reaching the list of names. "Nel sounds like your name! Is that it?" she asked hesitantly.

Nel nodded energetically. "Yep! That's me! Nice too meet you!"

"So through elimination, you two must be Jairo and Sahn! Great to meet you, Jairo!" Mira said, extending her hand to Sahn. The latter held back her laughter and pointed at her brother.

"He's Jairo. I'm his sister Sahn."

Mira retracted her hand, her face turning red. "Oh, sorry! I'll note that down..." she mumbled in embarassment, quickly jotting down her teammate's names and descriptions. "I should have asked beforehand..."

"Well, good to meet you too, yadda yadda. We can get all close and personal later." Jairo said when she had finished writing. "For now, when are we supposed to go class? Right now?" he asked.

"Not right now. Professor Corryn said we've got about half an hour of waiting, but that we should wait in front of the class to register our team there." Mira replied, checking through her notes to be sure.

"You seem like you got a good idea of how everything is working around here, why don't you lead the way towards this class," Nel suggested, placing her hands behind her back and rocking back and forth on her heels as she spoke. "Besides, I'm pretty sure that being late on the first day to class is a bad idea, most likely frowned upon."

"Okay! I think I drew the map of the academy last night, wait..." Mira said, flipping again through her book. When she had reached the appropriate page, she pointed to their left. "That way!"

------------------------​

Nel and the spider Faunus siblings followed behind Mira as she led the way towards the next class. The smile on Nel's face was bright as excited thoughts raced through her mind. There was a part of her that was a bit nervous about coming to the academy, but she was glad that she had been proven wrong about her worries. So far, everything had been great. She got to ride on an airship, she made new friends, and she even had a team now! That was the sort of thing she swore was only in things such as comics.

As the half bird and half spider team approached the classroom door, a sudden thought popped into Nel's head. "...Hey, guys? I got a question. It's something super important I just thought of!"

"Hm?" Jairo asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Well... we're all a team, right? And like, teams are cool and everything, but I'm pretty sure that every team I ever read about... you know, in comics, have a leader, yeah?" Nel started. "So... Uh... Who's our leader?"

"Oh..." Mira began, looking around at the rest of the group. "I hadn't actually thought about that."

After a few moments of silence, both her and Jairo suddenly spoke up simultaneouly. "Well, I-"

Sahn sighed and glanced at Nel, her expression clearly showing that they all knew what was about to happen. Jairo smirked. "I'd like to think I could be a good leader." he began, eyeing Mira.

The latter recoiled a little before clearing her throat. "Well, I also happen to think likewise." she said, straightening her face. "Not that you're any worse than me, of course." she added hurriedly.

"Oh, I'm saying the same thing. I'm just saying that I'm better." Jairo snickered. "What do you know about leading anyway?"

"I- ah, I..." Mira began. "Instead of arguing it out, I think it should be settled to a vote." she said firmly. "Whoever the team feels is best to lead should be the leader."

"Sounds fair." Sahn ageed, nodding. "Nel?"

Nel glanced between Mira and Jairo. She then looked over at Sahn. A sudden pressure she had not been feeling up to this point suddenly started to bubble up inside. Nel honestly had not realized that more than one person may have wanted to be the leader of the team, and it did not take a genius to figure out that this conflict would most likely not be peacefully resolved. Taking it upon herself to try and diffuse the situation before it could escalate any further, Nel smiled brightly and nodded.

"I... I agree. I think Popsi is the best choice!" Nel suddenly declared. "You know, the best liter of cola for our team."

Sahn held back her laughter and looked up at her brother. "Just let it go for now. Nel's right, let's think of something else."

"No, no." Jairo shook his head and hopped off his sister's shoulders. "Nel was right when she asked about leaders, so let's decide on the spot." He walked up to Mira confidently. "So you're thinking of being the leader too? Show me what you're gonna do for it." he smiled mischievously, looking her in the eyes.

The latter smiled back, determined. "Alright then. I challenge you to duel - winner gets leadership of the team."

Nel glanced between the two and sighed. She reached up, tapping Sahn on her forearm to get the much taller girl's attention. "Hey, Sahn...? Remind me next time I have a question to discuss it with you first..."

Sahn chuckled. "Or at least, not next to these two."

"Deal." the two faunus said as they shook hands, looking each other in the eyes. "You're not gonna feel too good after this, birdbrain." Jairo hissed.

"May the best of us prove successful." Mira replied, smiling.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
Years
Caroline Bjork - Goat Faunus

After having only just made it to orientation on time and seeing the list of people who she would be with, Caroline decided to go ahead to class and get ready for it, even though it was still a few hours away. She thought she might catch a few zzz's, and maybe find the man of her dreams? Who knows. You never can tell with this sort of thing.

But she went on to class optimistically anyways. She hadn't met a single student on the way there which wasn't too surprising, seeing as how most had decided to stop and talk to each other and try to find their fellow teammates. Carol just wanted some peace and quiet though. Maybe a nap, and some personal time with her instructor so she could get to know their quirks and maybe get on their good side. But when she go to the gym she was the only one there.

She set her bags down and settled into the corner of the room, placing her head into her knees. She hadn't met the man of her dreams or the instructor... but it wasn't all bad. At least she could get a little bit of sleep before class started. Then she'd definitely be alert and ready to learn. She smiled a bit and closed her eyes, waiting for sleep to take her on the next disappointingly amazing journey.

Carol nodded off and had a strange and frightening dream. Gym class had started, and the owl faunus which had hurried to get her to orientation was the instructor. He had one of the students come up and demonstrated something to do with aura and their semblance... everything started to get fuzzy as she woke up. All she could remember now was that some really big thing was supposed to fight her and she lost almost instantly. It made her shake to remember it, and as she lifted her head to begin writing it in her journal she scooted to the side in fright.

The thing from her dreams was there. A rather large girl with a prominent brow and bulging muscles was sitting there next to her twiddling her thumbs. This girl was going to fight her. She was dangerous. She couldn't be anywhere near her.

Lana looked up from her hands at the frightened goat faunus. Her eyes widened and she opened her mouth slightly, but no sound came out. She pursed her lips together and pulled her backpack up from beside her and rummaged around inside for a moment. Carol was too frightened to move the whole time, remembering what it felt like when she had fought the girl in her dream.

Lana pulled out a smile piece of paper and looked at the goat faunus expectantly. Carol sat still in the same leaning position that she had jumped to. Lana tapped on the paper lightly with her other hand and motioned with her head that Carol should come and look at it. Carol cocked her head, unsure of what to do. She leaned in slightly and saw that the paper had her name on it, as well as the three others in her team.

Lana put the paper on the ground between them and signed to the frightened girl. 'I am Lana. You are Carol?'

Carol nodded. "Yes, I am Caroline. You... are one of my teammates?"

Lana nodded. 'I hope we be good friends.'

Suddenly, this girl didn't seem so frightening to Carol. She smiled and nodded at the gorilla faunus and pulled out her notebook.

I had another dream today. I was in gym class and I was supposed to fight against this girl named Lana. I was never so frightened in my life. I've never fought before, and the thought to do so hasn't even crossed my mind! How would I even fight? I don't have any special powers or anything... but anyways... so the fight happened. All Lana did was snap her fingers into her big microphone and I got a migraine like never before. I ended up on the ground crying and then she just walked away. But then when I woke up I met with her and she turned out to be a really nice person. And we're on a team together! Who would have thought? Well anyways, it's about time to start class so I guess I should go. - Carol

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
Years
feg6ceb.png

bTYII0L.png

Ten slowly finished wrapping the bandages around his chest. He had arrived at his new team, Team HABT's dorm room mere moments before and now sat quietly upon the toilet in the bathroom, the door locked to prevent anyone busting in to see his scales. The bruises were pretty bad when he had received them, but like many would be hunters... his aura was powerful and his wounds healed rather quickly, the fact that he was a lizard, basically, didn't hurt much either. He dusted off his armor and such from before, it was fine apart from a little bit of grim from dragging across the floor.

Being a Komodo Dragon meant that Tenerus was, essentially, cold blooded. He was still warmer than your average lizard but he couldn't contain or loose heat as easily as another could... though he had grown used to the cold by now. He also lacked the ability to sweat and thus he could wear the same set of clothing for weeks on end without ever smelling any less fresh... a major benefit to one such as he who aimed to hide his body so completely at all times. Not to mention, convenient!

With the bandages tightly wrapped to apply pressure to anything that might have been broken, just in case. Ten stood up and redressed completely. He waltzed across the bathroom floor. It was alright, nothing overly fancy but it certainly suited a students housing. Withe tiles and a warm shower, a toiled for relieving oneself in the corner and a sink for cleaning after to the side. He opened the door slowly to see if anyone else was there and walked out briskly to grab his sword once he was sure that there wasn't anyone around whom might see him.

The dorm was also rather comfortable, somewhat homey even. It was a large single room with plenty of space for whatever needed to be stored. There were four beds, two at either side of the room. The one farther in and to the left had already been claimed by Tenerus as his bag sat atop it. It was rather unremarkable besides that, but it would surely be filled with more interesting trinkets as the school year progressed. Near the back of the room there was a single open window that gave a nice view of Beacon Academies surrounding grounds.

Speaking of the Academy itself, his first class was surely ready to start very soon. He would have to hurry since he was already late. "Grimm Biology 101", it certainly sounded very interesting.

He had always had an odd fascination with the Grimm, their ability to learn and adapt despite being spawned by the pure negativity of sentient beings. Could they, he often wondered, be converted to something less volatile and violent than there initial construction would entail? Then again, he often wondered that about many creatures in the World of Remnant.

Oh well, no need to worry about that now surely. There would be time for such philosophical thoughts when he wasn't late for class...

And with that he was off.

How had he ended up here exactly?

He had entered into the class only a minute or so late... nobody had even noticed. Yet here he was, immediately called into the limelight with some of his new human classmates for some semblance demonstrations. This was not the best way to keep a low reputation from day one. But oh well, what could he do really but accept it? How was he even going o show off such a defensive semblance anyway? He somehow doubted that his teacher would have any trouble throwing a punch at him if he asked, but he would have rather done something a little more explanatory to avoid further demonstration.

For a few moments he watched those who went before him. Some blonde young man summoned an ethereal blade out of nothing which was interesting. A girl that followed, who named herself as Selena something or the other, turned dirt into pure gem stones... quite the valuable semblance indeed. Another boy whom seemed rather awkward in most every way made the decision to show his semblance off by... doing some glowing dance maybe? Ten wasn't sure, but it was strong enough to indent the floor so he couldn't exactly judge either.

"Alright... you. You're next." Foster pointed directly to Tenerus who blinked momentarily before stepping forward. Not sure whether or not he had to announce his name, he did so regardless... just in case.

"I am Tenerus Stone... my semblance is a little difficult to show in a non-combat situation so..." He pondered for a moment, tapping his chin.

"Does anyone have a scarf or anything of the sort that I might use?" The class went into a state of silent pondering for a moment before a lone girl in the front row stood up and walked towards Tenerus sheepishly, she had a blush over her cheeks as she gave Tenerus a single pink scarf, which he to further surprise, wrapped around his eyes to blindfold himself.

Taking a moment to focus, a dull sheen seemed to come over Tenerus, barely noticeable. "Now then..." He spoke, raising a single hand with the other held behind his back. "I'd like everyone to take a page from their notebooks and crunch into a ball, I would then like everyone to throw said crumpled papers at me as hard as you can, all at once should you wish."

Foster rose an eyebrow at Tenerus and grinned a little before nodding to his class to give them the go ahead. Some were more eager than others for such anarchy in the classroom and the paper balls came flying instantaneously.

12650311-close-up-of-a-paper-ball-on-white-background-with-clipping-path.jpg

Tenerus twitched slightly as his raised left arm grabbed his blade and drew it with lightning speed, letting his instincts take over his arm moved in accordance with his subconscious mind as a sixth sense to danger awakened. The blade slashed brilliantly through the air in a blinding streak of light as more and more students began to fling the small paper balls with vigor and determination to land even a single hit. Yet such slow moving projectiles were of no match for this semblance, let alone ill-timed paper. Like a shredder he kept moving... until eventually after a few moments the students tired and the throwing stopped. Removing the scarf and handing it back to the girl who had a wide eyed expression of awe and blush as red as that Dylan boys from earlier, Tenerus quickly used his sword to sweep up the paper into the nearby trash can with a single swoop.

Foster laughed heartily and clapped his hands with a massive grin. "Now that's a semblance I can get behind! But paper balls are hardly anything worth gloating over... we'll see how you fare against actual attacks in further lessons Mr. Stone. Now then, next is..."

Satisfied with his performance, Ten moved to return to his initial seat near the back of the class... however, strangely enough... the seat he had once occupied now held another student. He looked down to a more central location at a girl talking to the boy with the silver kung-fu semblance from before... a drop of sweat running down his brow.

Shrugging nonchalantly, Tenerus noticed that the row in front of the blushing boy and the girl he spoke to was mostly empty. So he sat down alone in an open area with an empty seat to either side. Crossing his legs and interlocking his steelclad fingers... he watched intently as the other semblance users took to center stage.

Geras

Roleplayer
Years

Brooke Webster
Faunus Academy

Once Professor Corryn's class had ended, Brooke moved on to her first combat practice class, lead by a tall and slender tree frog Faunus named Professor Langley, who had large, unnerving red eyes. Class took place in a decently sized training room on the edge of the school. The windowless room had a solid stone floor and a set of bleachers along one of the walls from which to observe the sparring matches.

The professor briefly introduced herself to the students, offering little more than her name and the class name before getting right to business. "This first class will be for you to spar against each other. I'm here so you don't die. Who's first?" She seemed like a serious sort who didn't waste words. She was rather quiet, and her expression lacked any prevailing emotions. The students looked at each other, each a bit hesitant to take the initiative. Eventually, Brooke raised her hand, offering to participate. She was eager to impress her team. Her would-be opponent followed suit momentarily. It looked like she would be up against a boy, a raccoon Faunus wielding a naginata.

The two stepped up to the center of the room, a few meters away from each other. After a quick explanation from the teacher that the match was to be decided whenever one of them surrendered or when she decided too much damage had been taken, a countdown began. "3…" The two participants drew their weapons. "2…" They tensed, and focused on each other. "1…" For a moment, all was still. "Begin!"

At the teacher's call, Brooke's opponent came charging at her. Brooke lifted her gun and fired, the ratatat tat summoning a hail of bullets his way. It seemed the boy was no stranger to gunfire, judging by his calm reaction. He held out his polearm and spun it at high speed to deflect the rounds. Unfortunately for him, these weren't just any rounds. When the first bullet hit his impromptu shield, it detonated in a small, fiery explosion. The force threw his weapon a bit off balance, heat blasting into his face at the same time. Then came the others.

The boy managed to keep up his defense for a couple seconds, but the onslaught of Brooke's explosive rounds was too much for him to handle. Fortunately, it would seem the boy wasn't a complete amateur. Realizing his current strategy was no good, he dove off to the side. Brooke adjusted her aim to follow him only to see a blade shooting right at her face. It seemed the tip of the boy's naginata could be launched, easily covering the remaining distance between them. Brooke was able to sidestep the attack, but it bought the boy enough time to reach her. The naginata's blade was attached to a chain and promptly retracted, leaving Brooke in close quarters with a gun against a melee weapon.

However, if the boy thought he would be safe at close range then he was sorely mistaken. The moment he got close enough, Brooke's trench coat began to shine. Then there was a bright flash of light, blinding the boy as well as the spectating students. In the next second, the boy went flying, landing on his back several meters away. Past his burned clothes and scorched skin one could see a shallow cut along his belly. Brooke walked up to the boy as he attempted to stand, only for him to be pushed back down under her boot. In her hand was a huge, curved sword, it's sides beginning to split into panels. They lifted and shifted, whirring and clicking into place until the sword had transformed back into her machine gun.

The boy struggled to lift himself, but couldn't overcome the pressure from Brooke's foot. He tried to move his weapon to hit her, but didn't make much progress before it was shot out of his hand. Brooke aimed the gun's muzzle at his face and said, "You should surrender."

"I haven't lost yet, have I?" he shot back. Suddenly, his body began to glow faintly. Brooke didn't wait to see what it did, pulling the trigger. After a couple dozen more rounds he finally shouted, "I give! I give!"

Brooke stepped off the boy and offered him her hand to help him up. He seemed a bit hesitant, but eventually he took it. His face was a mess, the explosive rounds leaving it covered in bruises and light burns. Then he began to glow again, same as before. In moments, all his wounds had faded completely. It was an impressive semblance, if useless against the MADT. "Good match," she said, and held out her hand for a shake.

"Okay, who's next?" This time a number of hands shot up, but none of them were called on. "You." The instructor pointed to none other than Reese Kells, who had taken it upon himself to lay down in the between rows of the bleachers with his eyes closed.

Reese didn't move, telling the teacher, "No can do, miss L. I take down baddies, not bros."

"You do realize that if you want to stay at this school you'll have to fight eventually, don't you?"

"Maybe I'll feel like it eventually. But, eh… I'm not really feelin' it. If I lose it'll hurt, but if I win she'll probably be bummed. It sucks either way."

As the raccoon boy returned to the bleachers, Brooke spoke up. "Reese, if you're going to be on this team, I'm going to need to see the full extent of your skills. It's essential for strategizing. And besides, you might have fun."

Reese was silent for a few seconds, but after a big sigh he finally stood up. As he made his way down, he looked to the teacher and said, "You're lucky I don't say no to helpin' a bro out." He took his place across from Brooke, standing on the blackened floor where the raccoon had before him. "Alright, brah, let's do this." His voice lacked the usual carefree cheerfulness, seeming almost irritated.

Brooke smiled at Reese. "I'm glad you're willing to comply. Don't you dare hold back on me."

The instructor began her countdown. "3...2...1…" Reese drew a pair of broad knives with circular hand guards, holding one straight and the other in a reverse grip, and settled into a combat stance. Brooke was glad to see he wasn't all play, but made sure not to lower her guard. After looking him over, she changed the Dust canister at the base of her weapon, opting for one with a light blue glow. "Begin!"

Reese shot forward, several times faster than Brooke's previous opponent. He ran in a zig-zag pattern that made it hard for Brooke to get a bead on him, so with the trigger held down she swung the gun across, sweeping the whole area in front of her trying to get at least one hit in. With these rounds, all she would need was one hit to slow him down enough. But it didn't work. Reese leapt over the arc of bullets, soaring several feet into the air.

Before Brooke could readjust her aim, Reese held forward the reverse-gripped knife. The bladeless end opened up and launched something at her that seemed to miss her, shooting harmlessly past. Then she noticed the cable connecting the projectile to the knife. In the instant she took to take in what was happening, her opponent zipped past her, pulled by the cable at even greater speed than before. There was no time to react before Brooke felt the pressure of his knife digging into her side, tearing through her coat. Fortunately for her, the armor underneath was as strong as her will, the steel plating suffering a deep scratch but her body remaining untouched.

Brooke knew Reese was right behind her and would be coming back for another strike, so as she turned she triggered the Dust within her coat, causing a flash like the one before. Brooke was able to avoid being blinded by redirecting the light away from her eyes, but Reese was forced to close his to avoid blindness, leaping back to keep his distance in case she drew her sword again. She took this chance to fire on him.

The bullets finally hit their mark, bursting as they met Reese's flesh. Though this was no burst of flame, rather an icy blast that encased the immediate area in a restrictive coat of numbing frost. Once Brooke had hit his legs a few times, she moved, making sure not to waste this chance. She dashed forward as her gun transfigured, the now-blade poised for a wide slash. The blade would have gouged his midsection, but he was able to push through the numbness and block the hit with his knives, merely being thrown back. He landed on his back, rolling back to his feet as soon as he landed. He was still a little sluggish, but the effect of the ice rounds was quickly wearing off.

Not intending on giving him any breathing room, Brooke chased after him. Reese sheathed his blades and pulled out a short red rod that was latched onto the bracer on his left arm. With a quick motion, the rod expanded, becoming a staff several times its original length. Brooke reached her foe brought her blade down onto Reese, only for him to easily sidestep it. In that same motion, he fluidly spun the staff, swinging it right into Brooke's back. The force was great, and was able to pass through the armor to elicit a pained gasp from its wearer. She swung across hoping to catch him but he leapt right over the blade and swung his own weapon down over Brooke's unprotected head.

It was clear that Brooke was no match for Reese in close combat. She tried to create a bright flash with her coat again in the hopes of creating another opening. Reese leapt back as before, closing his eyes to avoid being blinded. All that mattered to Brooke was that she'd created distance between them again. She shifted her sword back into a gun to take advantage of that, but when she took aim she saw Reese holding his staff forward, one end pointed right at her. The end opened up and fired a single, large bullet.

Brooke barely managed to move her protected arm in the way of the bullet before it hit its target, but it wasn't a normal bullet. The instant it hit, Brooke felt a hot tingling sensation spread throughout her body, and then there was nothing. She couldn't move. She couldn't feel. All she could do was stare forward as Reese loaded another round into his staff and walked toward her. Her mind was cloudy in the moments following the impact, but she slowly regained her faculties. Feeling started to return in the form of a searing pain at the point of impact, but it wasn't fast enough. Reese was already in front of her.

He lifted his staff, touching Brooke's forehead with the barreled end. Brooke could see it in his face that he wasn't enjoying this one bit. The happy-go-lucky monkey Faunus had a gloomy look on his face. "No holding back, huh? Sorry about this, brah." There was a bang as the weapon fired, and Brooke fell backwards. Flecks of blood drifted through the air from the point of impact, painting the ground as they fell.

The thud of a body hitting the ground never came, as Brooke grabbed Reese's staff mid-fall to stay upright. Her face wore a ferocious look, made all the more intimidating by the trickling streams of blood that stained it. "I won't go down so easily!" The room began to darken as its light was taken, converging into a sphere around Brooke's right hand that was wrapped around Reese's staff. With an energizing shout, her right glove shined and the sphere of light solidified into a rock that covered the staff's barrel along with her own hand.

The other hand brought up the gun she'd been holding tightly and fired, ignoring the harsh recoil from one-handing a machine gun. Reese abandoned his staff and dove out of the way of the gunfire in time. Brooke didn't let up, turning to follow him. But as she turned, her face met with a kick from Reese that finally knocked her to the ground.

Brooke struggled to get back up, pained from all the damage she'd taken. Reese held out his hand, and suddenly the earth encasing his staff shattered into pieces. He took his weapon back without any resistance. The girl refused to give up, lifting her gun in another attempt at an attack, but a firm swing from Reese knocked it out of her hand, sending it skidding along the floor. She burned through her options in her head, desperate to find some way to win. But she realized that at this point, the only reason he hadn't lost yet was Reese's mercy. That meant she had already lost.

"I…" she began, unwilling to get the words out. She grit her teeth in frustration. "I surrender."

There was a commotion in the crowd of students. Brooke could overhear people commending Reese's skill, or suggesting things Brooke should have done. It pissed her off. She wanted to bury Reese in a bullet avalanche, and the students along with him. But he was her teammate, and the hero she wanted to become needed to be humble and unshakeable. Reese offered her his hand to help her up and, as much as it pained her, she took it.

Through the haze of pain and exhaustion, she spoke. "I've been beaten, fair and square. You're very impressive, Reese. You'll be a valuable asset to the team." She smiled the best smile she could manage and offered him her fist as Sal had when they met.

"Thanks, brah," Reese answered, bumping her fist with his own. "That gun of yours is totally rad. I'm glad it has my back." Brooke nodded, maintaining her smile. Professor Langley motioned for them to return to their seats and called for the next students to step up. Brooke made her way back slowly, fighting to move under the weight of her shame.

Years
Salazar Jones

Sal was glad when Professor Leo's class finally ended. He had a few minutes to kill before his next class, so he decided to check out the mess hall again, see if any food was left from breakfast. Or, if there wasn't, if there was any lunch yet. Alas, the hall was empty, the kitchen locked, and the only person around was a ferret-faced janitor hauling an empty trash can. Denied even the table scraps, Sal found himself in an increasingly grumpy mood as he trudged to his next class. Luckily, it was combat class, so at least he'd get to punch something.

As he approached the door, he heard voices close by, distracting him from getting to class on time. The first voice was female, but a little rough and scratchy. "What'd I tell ya? Fastest runner in all Menagerie!"

Sal stopped to listen, hearing a much deeper voice reply. "Never doubted you for a second! Now, looks like you lost, eh? And I remember there being a bet involved, so you'd better pay up!"

"But I didn't bet anything. She said 'Hey, wanna race? It'll be fun!'" Sal tilted his head in confusion. The third voice sounded awfully familiar, although it was quiet and hard to hear, so he followed the voices to the back of the building, where a door was propped open.

"Then I said I bet I can get to class before you, and you said okay." "And she made it here before you, so you lost the bet!" Sal stepped outside, and sure enough, the quiet voice belonged to his teammate, Oswald. The little bunny boy was cornered by a white-haired girl who was filing her nails (specifically, filing the claws to wicked points), and quite possibly the fattest student Sal had ever seen. He couldn't even tell what kind of animal the guy was.

To his credit, Ozzy didn't look threatened. He just looked tired, like he just wanted this conversation to be over. "I don't even have any money to give you. So, even if I did lose a bet, which I didn't, I couldn't pay it." This just seemed to upset the fat man, who lunged forward surprisingly quickly and grabbed Oswald by the ears. "Listen, you little runt, we own this school now! So you better start showing the proper respect, eh?"

Sal growled as he stepped forward, surprising the others. "Let go of the bunny, Two-Ton." The fat man stepped back in surprise, letting go of Oswald. The girl puts away her nail file, rolling her eyes at Sal. "Easy, Big Green. You can have him when we're done with him." Sal ignored her as Ozzy came over to him.

"What are you doing, Ozzy? Making friends?" "Not exactly. I thought she just wanted some friendly competition, and it was kind of fun, but now they're twisting my words around, and that guy's kind of being an asshole about it." "You what?!" "I think their egos are kind of inflated, and they probably wanted to make an example of me because I'm small and weak, and I wouldn't put up much of a fight. Sorry to drag you into this. Let's just get to combat class."

Oswald turned to go back inside, but the fat man once again surprised them, running forward and doing a flip through the air, landing in front of the door with a scowl on his face and a baseball bat in his hands. "Neither of you is going anywhere, eh?!" Sal and Ozzy shared a confused glance, when a whirring sound behind them caught their attention. The girl had pulled out a three-barreled assault rifle, the barrels spinning to create the sound. "You want combat class? Come and get schooled!"

"No! Use your brain, Rae! If you shoot, someone'll hear it and come investigate! You don't want to break up the party, do you?" The girl pouted for a second, but relented, strapping the gun to her back. "Fine. Have it your way, Karl. But I call dibs on the rabbit." She cracked her knuckles, the pair of them flanking Sal and Ozzy. Ozzy's hands started glowing green, and his clothes glowed brown for a moment before rough bark started growing out of them, forming armor around him. Sal merely grinned maniacally, excited to finally get in a fight. "Stick close, Ozzy..." He removed his coat, tossing it to the side. "The hunt has begun!"

Sal rushed forward, bringing his right arm up to block. Sure enough, Karl took advantage of Sal's reckless charge and swung his bat, but Sal caught the weapon on his metal arm and followed with a left jab. Karl proved surprisingly agile for a fat guy, leaning back and dodging Sal's punch. "Nice try, but I was fighting in the pits long before I came to this school!"

Sal growled, leaping forward to tackle Karl, but the fat man swung his bat and struck Sal on top of the head. Sal didn't even flinch, picking Karl up and tossing him over his shoulder. He was momentarily surprised at how light Karl was, but got distracted by the girl, Rae, darting past him. Without her gun, she seemed forced to rely on her claws and her speed. Ozzy was countering both by fighting defensively, using his Semblance to grow sharp thorns on his armor, and using his own speed. She managed to get a hold of him by the ankle, where he had no armor, and pull him off his feet.

Sal raised his fist, his hands glowing a sickly green, firing off his Grappling Hand with a soft *WHUMP*. His fist connected with Rae's back, knocking her off her feet. She rolled back to her feet, ignoring Oswald and charging at Sal. She moved slower than she had been just a moment ago, allowing Sal to actually keep up with her. "Interesting! A speed boost Semblance! Delicious..."

Preoccupied with Rae, Sal forgot to keep track of Karl, and the fat man jumped on him from behind, getting his bat against Sal's throat. Sal managed to suck in a quick breath, and with his large lung capacity, he could hold his breath for several minutes. Karl's Semblance kicks in, and his weight seemed to drastically increase, dragging Sal to his knees. Rae slashed Sal across the chest, but her claws were unable to pierce his skin. She pulled back for another slash, when the loud boom of a shotgun echoed across the field. Rae was sent staggering, having caught the worst of the blast. Oswald pumped the action on his shovel, ejecting the old shell and loading another one into the chamber.

Sal used the distraction to grab hold of Karl, his hands glowing as he drained the power of Karl's Semblance. Sal surged to his feet, dragging Karl with him before falling back and pinning the fat man beneath him. The whir of Rae's rifle spinning up caught everyone's attention, and Oswald panicked slightly seeing her aim the gun at him. "You shot first! Guns are fair game now, rabbit!" She pulled the trigger, but taunting Oswald gave Sal a chance to dive forward and shield Ozzy with his body. The rifle put out an impressive number of bullets, which produced sparks as they impacted the thick scales on Sal's back. After a few agonizing seconds, Rae ran out of ammo, and Karl managed to climb back to his feet. "Come on, time to go! Everyone in the bloody school will have that racket, eh?"

Sal staggered to his feet, letting out a roar of pain and fury. Rae slapped a new magazine into her gun, but before she could spin up the barrels, a voice cut across the field. "That will be quite enough, students!" Everyone turned to face the newcomer, finding the harsh red eyes of Professor Langley glaring at them. "You have all displayed an astounding lack of teamwork, disrupted my class and others, and worst of all are all tardy! If you want to fight, do it on your own time or in class! Now move!"

The four combatants looked at each other in a mix of anger, confusion, and embarrassment before following the Professor's orders. Oswald's armor collapsed into dust around him, and he was the only one of the four capable of moving normally, being the only one to avoid damage during the fight. "Thanks for coming to help, Salazar. Sorry I didn't think of using my gun sooner." Sal gently clapped him on the shoulder, pushing him toward the door. "You wanna apologize? Buy me lunch later. And my friends call me Sal."

Years
  • UK
  • Seen Apr 5, 2024
Lars Berrardi
End Justifies the Means

"Well, this is it!" Selena grinned with a clear sense of acheivement." The other members of her team stared blankly at her. It wasnt the first room they'd wandered to in their unsuccessful search for their next class, but given the line of students outside accompanied by the teacher standing proudly in front of them, it was safe to assume they'd found the right place. Selena was pleased to see that the teacher that stood before them was much more proffesional than Foster. He was more mature just in appearence for a start, looking easily in his mid-fifties at least. The auburn hair that sat atop his head seemed strangely iconic, as though they'd seen it before. As they approached the class, the man's full attention turned to the members of Team Shield.

"Lars Berrardi." He said sternly, wasting no time in addressing his intentions. The forwardness of his approach surprised the entire team, but it was his directness towards Lars that had the young huntsman raising a brow. "I'm going to need you to come with me. The rest of you can attend your lecture." He continued without waiting for any kind of response. Rather than go around, the man opted to walk through the group, splitting Team Sheild in two. He didnt care to wait to ensure Lars was following behind. The summoned student shrugged in response to the confused looks of his teammates. With a sigh, he followed behind the aging teacher.

"Calling up the school's best students, I assume. Makes sense." Lars grinned. He gained nothing in response. The teacher simply continued to walk, and he simply continued to follow. What the hell is he dragging me to? Lars contemplated, glaring at the back of the man's head.

After following the the teacher up multiple flights of stairs, the duo found themselves in front of the headmaster's office. Professor Raphael Lans. Beacon Headmaster The sign on the door read. Now Lars had even more cause for concern. While it did support his original hypothesis, it was a little unnerving that the teacher seemed less than enthusiastic. Surely a headmaster meeting his best students for the first time would at least crack a smile.

They stepped inside the office, and the man immediately sat in the chair. He was the headmaster. Lars sighed at his realisation.

"Now Lars. From what I hear, you were one of the highest ranking students at Signal academy." He began with furrowed brows. Lars ignored the mans expression and grinned at the mention of his acheivements. "Your practical exam results were second to none. Almost perfect, in fact. Your written exam on the other hand..." He sighed. The seeming questioning of his abilities prompted a raised brow from Lars. "Now I have no doubts about your potential. What worries me, is how you're applying yourself. You seem to be taking it upon yourself to practice...outside of lessons." Again he furrowed his brows. Lars struggled to resist the urge to chuckle.

"Lemme, guess, I'm in trouble?" The student grinned. The headmaster squinted.

"No. You arent in trouble. I'm not your mother and I'm not your teacher. I'm not here to discipline you, I'm here to guide you. If it's a fight you want...as the headmaster of a combat school, it's a fight I have to give you. I'm prepared to offer you a fight with one of the most promising attendees of Beacon Academy." He placed his clasped hands on the desk and leaned forward. "On one condition..."

"Oh?" Lars suspended his excitement at the mention of some sort of conditions he had to adhere to.

"Commitment. Hard Work. Co-operation. That's all I ask. You'll get your fight now, but I expect those things from here on out. Is that understood?"

"When you say, one of the strongest.." Lars began to enquire. The headmaster sighed and made his way to the door. "You mean the second strongest, right?" Unfortunately, the student was left without an answer. Again, he followed.

After tackling another flight of stairs, they ended up in front of a locked door.

Elke stood in front of the locked door, and immediately locked eyes with Lars. He was left relatively unimpressed by the the girl that stood before him. She wasnt particularly tall or imposing. She definitely didnt look like she had anything to her at all. What did impress him though, was the large blade that she carried on her back. It was bigger than her. He was somewhat impressed, but she still wasnt convincing enough. He wanted someone better.

"Hey, teach. You sure she's one of the strongest in school?"

Elke stared at the boy. "Instead of asking about it, how about you find out for yourself?"

Lars grinned. With a chuckle, he followed behind the duo, through the locked door. He'd give her a chance at least. If she didnt make the cut, he'd have to drop this school. She couldnt possibly be the best. The old man was probably giving him a bum deal. The professor stopped as the other two reached the centre of the room.

"I'm going to leave you two to it. In the mean time, I'll be getting myself some more tea." He chuckled, swilling what was left of his beverage in his mug.

With the teacher gone, the two students squared off.

"You better be as good as the professor said you are. I dont like wastin' my time with chumps who dont make the cut." Lars began, rolling his shoulders

Elke said nothing, instead corrected her balance and took a fighting stance. She did not draw her sword.

"Nothing else to say?" Lars jibed confidently. "And here I thought your trashtalk was gonna be somewhat entertaining. You started off well at least." He finished with a condescending sigh.

"And I'll finish you well too." Elke cut in. She noted the greaves Lars wore, and decided it would be better to let him come to her, rather than the other way around. She felt her Aura would be strong enough to take whatever power they could push out, but he could manoeuvre himself around her if she wasn't careful, and that would put her in an awkward spot.

Lars grinned. Satisfied with the verbal response, the young huntsman wasted no time in charging at his opponent. He leapt at her, edging to the right slightly to hit the girl with a bicycle kick. Elke's mouth curled with a smile, as she raised her arm to stop the kick. She felt her Aura temble slightly, but she could take the force of the kick with relative ease. Using the impact from the girl's parry, Lars fired a shot, flinging himself up into the air. After a few flips to orientate himself, he glared down at her, while still in midair. Bitch doesnt know what she's up against. He grinned. Suddenly, with a burst of speed; he plummeted down at her, crashing full force with his heel aimed for her head.

Covering her head with her arms, Elke attmepted to block the attack, being pushed into a crouch from the force. She pushed Lars away, standing tall once again and regaining her stance.

"Is that all? You talk big, but you ain't got much to show for yourself." She sneered. She so badly wanted to draw her sword and slice the boy's arm off, but remembered what she'd been instructed to do and restrained herself.

Again, her stupidity made Lars grin. Did she actually think he was going full force?

"Do you know who I am, kid? Listen, I know toddlers bigger than you, and you're runnin' your mouth about talkin big?" With an extension of his leg, Lars fired a straight shot from the right foot of his plasma grinders. He only needed to play around with her for now.

"Of course I know who you are," Elke said, dodging the bullets. "Else I wouldn't be here. You're pathetic, you know? You have a lot of potential, yet here you are picking unnecessary fights." She growled but held her position, really wanting to let loose.

"Oh, you do? I'm glad you've been educated then. See the thing is, I'm the best at this school, and from what I hear, you're the second. Now I don't usually pride myself on takin' down kids, but the professor set me up against you, sooo..." He shrugged. "If it's proof you want, why is it that you've heard of me, but I havent heard of you?"

Elke ignored his taunts. She was gonna snap if she had to listen to his shit much longer. She unstrapped her sword and laid it down. It was scratching her back a little. She stood up straight and looked the boy straight in the eyes once more. At least she only boasted when she knew it was warranted, and could back up her words. This kid had no idea. Elke calmed herself and focused her mind on her Aura, keeping it steady and reinforcing the points Lars had so far been targeting.

Lars squinted. She was no fun. There was nothing he found more annoying than a 'straight to the point' mentality in a fight. Why not just let it drag on a little. Even worse was the fact she was being far from proactive. This conservative bullshit was mindnumbing. He'd have to drag some initiative out of her. He charged at her again, this time going for a low sweep.

Elke jumped over the attack easily, landing once again ready for the next attack. She looked down on Lars, waiting for him to give her some kind of challenge.

"Predictable." Lars grinned, springboarding off of his hands and firing point blank shots towards Elke.

Elke ducked under them, already having predicted the moves Lars would make. He was the predictable one.

Having already kipped up in the same motion as that which he fired his shots, Lars again charged at Elke with another kick, giving her little time to recover.

She held her arm up, once again blocking the kick. The same move twice? Lame. She thought to herself. She grabbed his leg and swung him around, throwing him away from her as she stood up and regained her posture.

Scraping his greaves off the ground, Lars was able to kill his momentum, and regain his footing. He stood up straight, and clenched his fist. Frustration was begining to build. While he was still only testing her out, what fun was it if she wasn't going to attack? He raised his leg, and fired a flurry of shots at her, all coming at the girl from different angles.

The problem with that attack, is that Lars was stationary. Elke's semblance allowed her to track the paths of the bullets, to easily dodge them. But she couldn't do this all day. She was tired, and annoyed by the lack of entertainment this fight was giving her. Closing ground on Lars, she headed towards his right, making it much harder for him to keep the barrage of bullets flying towards her. She got close and slammed an elbow into Lars' side.

Losing his balance, Lars had to gain some space before he could risk trying to reorientate himself. He pushed himself away, making an effort to protect the pained rib.

Elke stopped and let Lars recover. That attack had felt good, but it didn't do good to get carried away now. She had to calm herself and- Fuck it. She ran at him again, looking score another hit whilst he was down.

Lars had a conundrum. On one hand, the girl was finally giving him some entertainment, and he could finally bring some tempo into the battle by knocking her back; On the other, waiting for him to attack was working for her, so if he made her regret becoming the aggresor, would she be boring again? It was worth a shot. Maybe just give her a warning. He swung his foot as she came closer. His kick missed her head, but what he did catch was that stupid bow sitting untouched on top of it.

Elke had tried to duck underneath Lars' attack, but hadn't ducked enough. Instead of just dodging the attack, Elke felt her bow slide off her head. She gasped, before anger filled her and threw an extremely heavy punch straight into Lars' chest.

Lars flew a few feet away before rolling across the floor, winded. He staggered, as he tried to quickly return to his feet. I couldve sworn I at least hit that damn bow. He squinted, at the two triangular shapes pertruding from the girls head. Once his eyes managed to gain their focus, they almost instinctively widened the moment he realised what he was actually seeing. Where those...cat ears? He squinted. He stared at her, unsure how to react.

"Y-you're...a faunus?" He wheezed, still unable to fully beleive what he was seeing, but more concerned with the pain still bleeting in his chest.

Elke shot up. She grabbed her bow and stormed over to Lars, picking him up by his collar, although not off the floor. Elke was too short for that.

"Yes, I am a Faunus. A very well hidden secret of mine, and you're not gonna spoil that." Elke pushed the boy backwards a little, before turning to punch him in the face. Tears filled her eyes, and the thought of being found out made the punch harder than she would have liked. Punching faces hurt.

Lars picked himself up, his head hanging after taking the punch to the face. His light chuckling quickly turned to uncaring laughter. The situation the girl found herself in was priceless.

"Is this what the professor signed me up for?" He laughed. "He's got me fighting the school pet? This is rich."

Elke was riled by Lars. But force didn't seem to make him back down, and after that punch she didn't really feel like doing anything. This was bad, soon she'd be found out and hunted by the whole school. Worst case, she'd be running from an entire city. She walked over to he sword and picked it up, slowly turning to face Lars after.

"I won't go back into hiding. Not because of you." She wandered towards Lars, very threateningly.

"Hiding?" Lars raised a brow. "Man, you're as angsty they come, aren't ya?" He spat out the blood that had collected in his mouth, before doing his best to air out his tainted tongue. "I don't see what fun telling everyone would be. You put yourself in this mess, you can get yourself out of it." He shrugged. He swilled around the remaining blood in his mouth and spit again. "Bitch." He groaned, doing his best to rid himself of the metallic taste.

Elke stopped. She felt her eyes widen a little as she looked at the boy in front of her.

"You won't tell anyone? How can I be sure?"

Lars rolled his eyes.

"Like I said, I'm all about havin' a good time, and seeing you get mauled on your first day just isnt as interesting as watching you try to hide those cute little kitty cat ears of yours." He mocked. "One other thing though..." He began, straightening his face. "I got high standards. I want nothin' less than the best, and I gotta admit, you're strong. In other words, forget all those other, I want you as a regular sparring partner, you got that?" He stuck out his hand for her to shake.

"Not happening. I have my own schedule to run. Besides, you're not the kind of person I would waste my time pandering to. I appreciate you not telling anyone about me though, regardless of your reasons, so... Thanks." Elke felt her cheeks get hot, she never thanked anyone. "I am gonna go now. If you feel the need to get your ass handed to you... Find someone else next time yeah? I think I hurt your ego too much." She winked and walked off.

"Fine!" Lars groaned, almost throwing a tantrum. "Good luck surviving then, I guess. Just have to find someone stronger to fight." He sighed, walking towards the exit.

Beacon Academy: Private Training Room

Last edited:

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
Years
57I0lk2.png

image by http://pokemontrainern1.deviantart.com/

Black Gil

Intangibility

Black Gil sat at the back first class he was supposed to be on. It was supposedly about Grimm Biology but right now, the class is having a little meet and greet. Each one of them was called one by one to the middle of the classroom to show off a little bit of their semblances. Nothing really caught the attention of Black Gil, primarily because he was not paying attention too much. It would be better if there was an actual lecture.

The tour he was on a little while ago ended unexpectedly when they passed by this classroom. The subject caught Gil's attention and it clicked. It was the class he was supposedly on had he not started wandering the campus grounds. The good thing is he had his semblance which would allow him to quietly sneak into the back of the room. The bad thing is he could not control his semblance at will. Black Gil hoped for the best and pushed himself towards the wall.

Thankfully, his Semblance activated and he ended up slunk on a chair at the back of the room, his bags on the floor. The showing off started and Gil saw himself getting bored.

That was until the professor pointed at him and started to tell him to get on his feet and come down to class. It took Gil a few moments to realize that it was indeed him. He stood up, smiled sheepishly and went down.

"First, tell us your name. Then describe your Semblance then show it," the teacher said. "Be careful not to set anything on fire."

"Well, I'm called Black Gil but I prefer to be addressed as Gil. And, uhm, I guess I can pass through walls and stuff?" Gil said. He prayed that the Semblance will once again manifest. "I can't control it yet as much as I liked to however."

"Go on, show us." Gil approached the wall and held his palm against it. Please, please, don't make me look like a fool here. Gil furrowed his brows and concentrated intensely on the coldness of the wall and the feeling of his hands on the rough surface.

It was a few seconds before the hand disappeared into the wall. "I guess, that's it." Gil removed his hand and went back to his seat. At least, it worked.

GreyBidoof

You used a Master Ball on the GreyBidoof!
Years

Artemis Gale

Paperwork

Beacon Academy

The central spire of Beacon academy pierced through the early morning sky. Around the school's campus, students were milling about, filling the scene with life. It was a grand sight, especially from a distance.

It's a shame Artemis wasn't looking.

The ride from Atlas had been a long one, with plenty of stops and other annoyances. Luckily, Beacon had already sent their student handbook, which Artemis was now close to finishing.

Upon arriving at Beacon, students should check in with our Administration Department, which will provide students with the locations of their classes, dorms, and other facilities, as well as taking any records that may need updated.

The transport vehicle finally shuddered to a stop, and Artemis let out a small sigh. Finally.

The school itself was bustling, moving figures walking to and from classes and various dorms and offices. As Artemis approached the center of the main campus, she scanned the area for the admin building mentioned in the guide. There were plenty of different corridors and sections to choose from. At last, she finally spotted a sign emblazoned with the Beacon Academy logo to her right.

It turned out that the room was as plain on the inside as it had from appeared from without. A row of neatly-ordered desks lined the back, with an elderly gray-haired woman occupying one of the seats behind them. Other than that, the place was sparsely furnished, and lacked the general feel of liveliness from of the courtyard.

"Oh my, how can I help you today dear?" the woman at the desk queried, smiled warmly as Artemis approached.

"I was told to come here to get information on my classes and dorm. Am I in the right place?"
The old woman continued to smile, but was looking intently at Artemis, as if she were studying her. "Who told you that?"

Artemis shifted uncomfortably. "Well, not told, I suppose. I read in this." She held up the handbook.

The desk's occupant chuckled. "Ah, I haven't seen one of those in a while! I wasn't aware they even sent the handbooks out anymore, as it seems none of the students ever bother to read them."
Oh, lovely. What a waste of time. Becoming impatient, Artemis set the book down onto the desk. "Where do I find this information, then?"

"The teaching staff usually posts the class list the auditorium. The welcome speech should be starting soon, I'd imagine. While you're here though, I'd happy to check for you, if you'd like."
Artemis relaxed slightly, somewhat relieved to have to have made progress. "I'd appreciate that," she replied.

The woman smiled. "A pleasure to meet you Artemis, my name is Corra Wynnecroft. I'm one of the administration staff members here at Beacon, so I'm sure we'll be seeing more of each other as your time here continues. "Now let's see about where you'll be staying with us this semester."
While Corra sifted through the stack of records she had produced from her desk, Artemis let her mind wander. If only mom could see her now… Immediately she shook her head in an attempt to snap herself out of the thought. Gripping Grimmslayer, which hung from the strap on her shoulder, she started lined up shots in her head instead, imagining the bullets striking the lined up grimm craniums.

"Ah, here we are. Artemis Gale. It looks like you'll be in dorm HABT, along with Black Gil, Rollen Hugo, and Tenerus Stone."

Still deep in thought, the young huntress-to-be groaned. Roommates, lovely. Hopefully we can keep our distance.

"Something the matter, my dear?" Apparently the groan hadn't been subtle. Corra looked questioningly at her.

"No, everything is fine. Thank you for your help. Is there anything else I should know?" Artemis replied carefully, glancing towards the door.

"Well, good, I'm sure your team will get along just fine then. You might want to take note that your first class will be Battlefield Tactics in room 407. Classes begin this afternoon, so take care not to be late."

"I see. Thank you for your time, Ms. Wynnecroft." Satisfied, Artemis turned to leave.

"And dear?" the old woman spoke as the girl clutched the doorknob, and turned her head to listen.

"You seem so tense. Relax. You'll do fine. And don't forget…

Welcome to Beacon."

Foxrally

[img]http://i.imgur.com/omi0jS3.gif[/img]
Years

Jairo & Sahn Xill

Mira Cullous      Nel Phelia

Team JSMN
Tangled

The class had just been settling down, with team JSMN all sitting next to each other, when all of a sudden a loud crash came from somewhere outside the class. The classroom was shaped similarly to professor Corryn's, with the only difference being that instead of an amphitheater, seats were arranged in a staircase arrangement in a horizontal line, facing towards a stage. The stage itself looked more like a small sports field, with a defined white outline and a line in the middle separating into two sides. To the front of the class were a set of double doors leading into what seemed to be an office. Slightly to the right of the doors was a large desk with two chairs and a megaphone resting on top.

Following the crash, a loud, gruff voice could be heard coming from the office. "Bah, forget the damn papers! This is a goddamn combat course, not history class! Pretty sure I can remember their names myself anyway."

"Their surnames, dates of birth, addresses and weights as well, sir?" a soft-spoken female voice replied.

"Don't get sassy with me, Carla, you know I damn well can!" the man replied, barging through the double doors. It was the bull faunus that had been setting up the snacks table Behind him followed his assistant, a frail-looking deer faunus, carrying the stack of papers that had presumably been dropped just now.

The bull man gave the class a good look over, his hands on his hips. "Alright!" he shouted, after an awkwardly long silence during which he had stared down each student in the class. "You look like a damn good bunch'a fighters this year! Pardon me if I stare at you too hard, just tryin' to figure out who's gonna be alive by the end of the year." he chuckled and waved his hand dismissively. "Bah, just kidding. You kids should be fine in my care. First, let me introduce myself! I am Professor William Hauser, but you lot are gonna call me Bullrush."

After a few seconds, a student raised her hand. "Uh, why 'Bullrush', si-"

Bullrush grinned eagerly, as if he had wanted and expected someone to ask the question. "Two reasons!" he yelled out, startling the student. "Number one, I told you so! Number two, that was my stage name back in the day, Will "Bullrush" Hauser! Meanest wrestling streak in Vacuo, even managed to beat the Undertailer's undefeated reign! Legend of the industry!" he boomed. "Oh, and that's Carla. She helps out." he said, pointing at the woman behind him.

The bull man cleared his throat as he began pacing excitedly around the room. "Now that I've introduced myself, you need to know what this class is about." he pulled out a wrinkled paper from his pocket. After a few moments of looking for the correct paragraph, he continued. "Combat 101 aims to provide students with all the skills necessary to defend themselves and others from the threat of Grimm, humans and other dangers, using their aura, weapons and semblances in any way that is beneficial to them and their situations."

Bullrush chuckled and blew out of his nose, and tossed the paper aside. "That basically means, I'm here to make you kids the ROUGHEST, TOUGHEST, MOST ELECTRIFYING - and ruggedly handsome - HUNTSMEN AND HUNTRESSES ALIVE! Oh, YEAH!"

"But I don't use electricity…" Nel mumbled to herself to which Jairo groaned a silent curse.

"Now today's class is just gonna be simple sparring fights. Determine skill levels, see who's the best of the bunch, et cetera. Langley in the next room's gonna be conducting stuff like that too-"

Just as he spoke, a loud thump was heard from the wall connecting the classroom to Professor Langley's, meaning somebody had probably been thrown right into it on the other side. Bullrush let out a boisterous laugh. "Don't worry, won't be happening to you kids. I've set up a forcefield around this area, so you can mess around all you want. Basically you fight till you surrender, Carla tells you so or you're dead. Any questions? 'course not. NOW WHO'S READY TO RUMBLE?"

Nobody dared raise their hand. "Extra credit to the first few takers." he added.

Following this remark, a dozen of hands shot up, Mira being one of them. Bullrush grinned. "THAT'S WHAT I'M TALKING ABOUT!" he exclaimed. "Let's see…" he looked through the volunteers. "Alright, let's start with you, since you seem so eager." he pointed at Mira. "Got anyone in mind, or want me to pick for you?"

"Actually, I do have someone in mind." Mira looked at Jairo. The latter promptly stood up, smirking.

"Well then, don't keep everyone waiting! Get down here, and remember to give it your all!" Bullrush called out.

Nel glanced between her two teammates, and then glanced over at Sahn, as if looking to the tallest member for some sort of idea on how to settle this before it got out of hand. Jairo's sister did not seem to have much to offer on the idea, instead seeming quite satisfied with letting the two duke it out to solve the conflict.

Sighing, Nel glanced down at the floor in the defeat before looking back up at Mira and Jairo with a smile. "Just don't kill each other out there, okay? SN doesn't sound like it makes as good a team name as JSMN, ya know?"

----------​

The two faunus stepped to the center of the arena and shook hands, Jairo scratching his ear with his second right hand. "Alright, into position!" Bullrush called out through his loudspeaker, pointing them to the opposite sides. Mira flipped a switch and unsheathed the katana from the spear's handle as the tip transformed into a small, round shield. Meanwhile, Jairo just stood there smirking, 2 hands in his pockets and the other two behind his back. "Three…" Bullrush said.

3pT83zZ.png

A million thoughts rushed through Mira's head as she tried to think of how to begin. She had already established that Jairo would be the most likely one to initiate the fight.

"Two…"

She tried thinking of what would be the most likely way he would initiate. If only she had asked more about his weapon… Well, at least he hadn't asked about hers either, meaning she did have the element of surprise.

"One… GOOD LUCK!" Bullrush boomed.

Barely a fraction of a second later, Mira's eyes widened as she saw a blade flying straight at her face. Reflexively raising up her shield to block it, Mira took a step back. However, mere inches before it hit, the dagger stopped in mid-air before flying back into Jairo's hand as if pulled back by a string.

Giving her no time to recover, Jairo quickly took out his violin and pointed the bow at his opponent, using his last free hand to load it with a small custom shell. He fired the weapon, the web net contained within the canister expanding as it flew towards Mira. Unable to react fast enough, Mira found herself easily tied down by the net, with her shield pinned to her face. Jairo chuckled and walked over. "Well, sad to say that was a lot easier than I th-"

He leaped backwards, barely avoiding the spray of bullets that had come from within the net. "Playing hard to get?" he taunted. Mira burst out of the web, her sword in hand and shot forward. Jairo knew he had no time to reload his firearm. He easily dodged the first slash, hopping to the side. To his surprise however, Mira had gained no momentum from the missed attack and once again attempted to slash through his side. Jairo deflected the blow with one his daggers and spat a thick glob of web at the point where the two blades connected, effectively welding them together. Knowing that he clearly didn't have the strength to wrench the sword off of Mira's hands, he instead used the now-conjoined weapons as leverage to lift himself up and spring over her head.

Nel was watching with wide eyes, practically sitting on the edge of her seat. This was the first time she had ever seen two Faunus fight each other with such intense passion! Well, it was the first time she had seen it in person anyways. The hawk Faunus was actually scooting closer to the edge of her seat with each attack thrown, her fists clenching tightly all the while. Slowly, she was losing herself in the moment.

"Come on, Jairo! Kick her in the tits!" Nel suddenly shouted, cheering on her shorter teammate and causing half of the room to turn towards whoever had said that. Sahn sighed and pulled Nel back into her seat.

Mira winced in pain as she felt Jairo's second dagger dig into her lower back, her semblance being the only thing stopping it from cutting any deeper as it pushed it out. She whirled around, the first dagger still attached to her katana. As she did so, she raised her shield and transformed it back to the dual-tipped spearhead. Using the spearhead to scrape off the dagger, she connected it to the sword, effectively making a full spear. She grinned. "Come on! A stab in the back's all you got, boss?"

Jairo snickered and ran at her, firing a constant barrage of bullets which she deflected with her spear. The volley was then followed up by another web net. This time, however, she was ready. Mira concentrated, her eyes beginning to glow blue. Suddenly the net stopped in midair, and flew back at Jairo. The latter only just avoided it by jumping over it, only to be met with gunfire from Mira's spear, one bullet of which planted itself into his shoulder.

"Oh wow... She's good! Like... really good!" Nel whispered, her eyes shining as she stared at Mira in amazement. She suddenly jumped up from her seat and cupped her hands around her mouth as she began to cheer once more. "Way to go, Mira! Kick him in the jewels!"

Jairo gritted his teeth. If Mira kept reflecting his nets, he would soon run out of canisters. He couldn't use his semblance here either, not in a one-on-one fight. He shot a quick glance at Professor Bullrush, who was currently hyping up the crowd of students with exciting commentary which included numerous variations of "outta nowhere". He knew his best chance of winning would be in close combat – getting close enough was the issue however.

Mira reloaded the gun of the spear, revitalized by the crowd's cheering. Jairo had began running away from her, dodging any bullets that were sent his way. Much to her surprise, he shot another net at her, which she easily reflected back at him. However this time, the net didn't just fall to the ground as he dodged it, it stuck in midair, as if held by an invisible wall. It was only then that she realized his strategy. Jairo ran at full force towards the net, using it as a springboard to shoot headfirst towards his opponent. The tackle hit Mira square in the chest, sending her tumbling across the ground and causing her to drop her spear. Jairo got to his feet and dusted himself off, daggers in hand, and did a little bow. "And that…" he began walking towards Mira, juggling his dagger in one hand, unaware of the spear that was slowly floating up behind him. He raised up his dagger, ready to throw it at the downed owl faunus. "…ladies and gentlemen, is-"

Just as he was about to throw it, the spear hit its mark, hitting Jairo square in the back through his armor. If not for the chestplate, it would have completely punctured him, but the impact was strong enough to knock him down.

Mira struggled to get up as her eyes reverted to their normal color. "And that… is how you learn to stop running your mouth."

"Way to go, Mira!" Nel cheered, clapping wildly for her new friend. The smile was wide on her face as she glanced over at the instructors of the class. "I may be going out on a wing here, but owl just say this battle is won now, yeah?"

Carla nodded, and looked at Bullrush. The latter screamed through his megaphone. "THE VICTORY GOES TO.... ah... what's your name, kid?" he asked.

"Mira." the young girl winced and limped over to Jairo, who was struggling to get back up on his feet, and helped him up.

"SPEARGIRL!" Bullrush boomed. "NOW WHO'S READY TO RUMMMMBLLLLEE ONCE MORE?!" The crowd cheered, with students eagerly volunteering to fight after witnessing the first one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back