• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey

LinearAxel

That Dream...Make it Come True!
Years
Hearts Reborn - A Johto Journey
hKlII7NVTiZM-qnvdiJc2wWee9-ICSx3bTjEah6GH5tBLamXSs2JN3ducC0ga4y3nZRWzPrA=s630-fcrop64=1,00000000ffffc6d1
Violet City​

"The City of Nostalgic Scents"​

Pokémon Trainers often come to Violet City in order to win the Zephyr Badge from Falkner, the Violet Gym Leader, who specializes in Flying-type Pokémon. The city has three entrances, one from the east via Route 31, one from the south via Route 32, and one from the west via Route 36.

Places of Interest:

Sprout Tower:
The large tower in the northern part of the town is a tall and wobbling pagoda, run by Sages who train Pokémon, all the while teaching people that all living beings coexist through cooperation. These monks mostly train Bellsprout, although occasionally use Hoothoot. As Trainers battle, the flexible pagoda shakes from side to side; this flexibility protects the tall tower from earthquakes.

The Violet Gym is the official Gym of Violet City. It is based on Flying-type Pokémon. The Gym Leader is Falkner. Trainers who defeat him receive the Zephyr Badge.

Violet City Gym:
Leader Falkner​
VSFalkner.png

Spoiler:

Violet City Missions:
1. A stolen Star! – A little girl is seen crying as she runs through the streets. Upon questioning what's wrong, you learn that her Cleffa was stolen while the two were at the playground. Track down the thief and get Cleffa back! Reward: Moonstone, ??? (another reward will be given for your good deed later on in the story) This mission can be taken solo, or as part of a joint post.

Sado's Pokemon:
Spoiler:

2. Poison Power – Mal, a teacher at Violet City's Trainer School, is struggling to teach his students there are other ways to win a battle, outside of powerful attacks. He and his Swallot are willing to teach one of your Pokémon Toxic. This mission can only be taken once (Mal is a lazy person).

3. Bellsprout, where art tho? – It seems all the school kids are finding Bellsprouts, all except Eliot. Help him find and capture one (rumor has it there's one living behind Sprout Tower). This mission can be taken solo, or as part of a joint post.

4. A Primo Scavenger Hunt – Primo, the former Teachy TV host, is organizing a scavenger hunt around the city. The first three participants to return to Primo with all the clues will be rewarded an evolutionary stone. Reward: Fire stone/Thunder stone/Water stone/Leaf stone. This mission can be taken by up to three people. You may work on this mission together, or all write out separate posts regarding the search.

5. An Unknown Disturbance – Whatever is going down in the Ruins of Alph is causing some of the Unknowns to seek refuge in the city. Whatever strange energy these Pokémon give off is making the technology within the Pokémon Center go haywire. Nurse Joy can use all the help she can get rounding them up and returning them up and finding a safe place to put them. Rewards: Your choice of Apricorn Ball (I will go into detail with these in the oc) Everyone may participate in this mission. You do not need to claim this mission in the oc, as it is open to everyone.

6. Climbing Sprout Tower – Many trainers come to the Sprout Tower to seek training and guidance. Now this sacred ground is opened to you, and the sages are raring to battle. Reward: Battling the head Sage will allow one of your captured Pokémon to evolve. Everyone may participate in this mission. You do not need to claim this mission in the oc, as it is open to everyone.

Grant Sage Li
Spr_HGSS_Sage.png

Spoiler:

7. (Lunalie's custom mission) Slow and Steady…Makes Udo Angry – Shouts can be heard from the West exit of the city, close to route 32. Anyone curious enough to investigate will find a young man…who is very displeased with his newly obtained Pokémon: A Slowpoke--You might even say he's down right abusive to the poor thing. He's willing to give up the 'stupid thing' if someone can best him in battle with his other Pokémon. Reward: Slowpoke. This mission is only opened to Lunalie

Udo's Pokemon:
Spoiler:

Route 32: About a mile down route 32 is the entrance to the ruins of Alph. Beyond that point is a blockade, along with an officer who will explain that both the ruins, and the route below, are under investigation. While he refuses to tell you more than that, he will insist you turn around. You are welcome to explore the first mile of the route, and catch any Pokémon that might appear there, however.

Spoiler:

Sprout Tower:
Spoiler:

Route 36 - A route in central Johto connecting Route 37, Violet City, and National Park. The northern entrance to the Ruins of Alph is located at eastern end of the route (like route 32, it is blocked off by police). The route also contains a shortcut to Route 35.

Spoiler:

PastelPhoenix

How did this even happen?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
[FONT=&quot][FONT=&quot].[/FONT]
[/FONT]​
Marcus
298.png
187MS.png
595.png

Route 29 | Age 17 | On the Hunt

"Let's see what those fuzz balls can do!" Vi shouted, pulling her hat down and making an odd pose with her hat over one eye and her other arm outstretched with her first Pokeball.

"Uhh," Marcus stammered, a little lost by his friend's actions. "What are you doing?"

"This is a fighting pose, duh."

"Looks a little... no... very dumb."

"Shut up, this is going to look awesome on TV." She retorted, dropping the pose. "Now are we going to chatter, or are we going to battle?"

Tossing her first Pokeball out into the open field, the light faded to reveal a black bird like Pokemon, a Murkrow.

"This isn't a great matchup." Marcus muttered to his team. "Think you can handle him Mirabi?"

The Hoppip looked nervously up at her trainer, then over to the opposing Pokemon, before giving a small nod. Mirabi jumped out into the field, on Marcus' side of the imaginary arena.

"I'll even let you get the first attack." Vi announced, giving an exaggerated bow.

"You know this doesn't tend to work out well for you, right? But oh well, Tackle him Mirabi!"

The little pink grass Pokemon cleared the gap with several large hops, the final one connecting with the Murkrow, who only attempted a dodge at the last second. The Murkrow used its wings to stop himself from tumbling back, before taking off, finally in fight mode.

"Very cute, very cute." Vi chuckled. "Now that things are even, let's get started. Hoffa, give them a good Astonish."

The bird pokemon changed his trajectory from just aimlessly circling in mid air to a collision course with Mirabi. The hoppip stood there, frozen in place while the Murkrow swooped close to the ground. Just before connecting, the crow suddenly started flapping its wings in reverse and loudly cawing. Although the momentum was mostly killed, Mirabi was still buffeted by the wings and appeared to be paralyzed in fear.

"Get him back Mirabi, Seed Bomb!" Marcus shouted, but despite the command, Mirabi still stood there, shaking in place, while her opponent took off again into his circles in the sky.

"Looks like the poor girl is too scared to even move. Let's make this quick, Pursuit!"

Hoffa dive bombed again, this time his beak glowing a slight purple color, while Mirabi finally broke her fear induced paralysis and tried to run. The bird Pokemon swerved across the grass in a large serpentine pattern before finally making contact with Mirabi's back, sending her rolling towards Marcus. Picking her up off his legs, and placing her back right side up, Marcus consolidated the teary eyed Pokemon.

"Do you still think you can fight?" He asked her, kneeling down and rustling her little head leaves. The little pink puffball gave a small nod in approval. "Okay then, let's keep him at a distance, and not let him hit us."

Wiping her eyes on his pants, Mirabi straightened up and bounced back towards the fight.

"Okay, Fairy Wind him!"

"Twirling the leaves above her head, a small amount of pink tinted wind began swirling above Mirabi. Taking aim, she tossed it at the Murkrow, managing to land a glancing blow.

"Okay, let's turn that back around! Another Astonish!"

Hoffa regained his balance and dove once more at Mirabi, this time on a direct path.

"Remember this is a trick! Let him get close and then hit him with a Seed Bomb!"

Sure enough the Murkrow killed its momentum at the last second, opting instead to screech and hit Mirabi with its wings. This time, however, Mirabi didn't shut down, and during the wing buffet she managed to produce two hard-shelled seeds in her leaves, launching them both at Hoffa. The bird Pokemon was nailed by both seeds at it's wing joint, losing it's balance and falling to the ground. The crow took a second, but it eventually managed to stand back up and brushed the dirt off its wing.

"Ouch, you alright there big guy?" Vi shouted, getting an affirmative caw in response. "Well, let's finish this with our big secret move. Brave Bird!"

Wait.. BRAVE BIRD? Where did she find a Pokemon with such a powerful move this early?

The Murkrow's wings shone with a bright light as he took off an began a steep climb into the sky. If this hits, there's no way Mirabi could shake this off. He had to stop it. Hoffa reached the apex of his ascent, and suddenly changed directions, going for a direct dive bomb, and picking up speed, fast.

"Mirabi, you have to act quickly! Fairy wind it when it can't dodge!"

Staring down the speeding bullet of a bird, Mirabi replaced the look of panic on her face with one of pure concentration. Creating another mass of pink wind, she held the attack above her for a moment, and then, second before impact, released the storm. The impact seemed unavoidable, and sure enough Hoffa flipped in midair, suddenly changing course. falling on his back, the bird looked up for a brief moment, before collapsing once more. Mirabi looked at her collapsed foe triumphantly, and promptly fell down herself.

Both trainers rushed to their companion's side and checked their status.

"Hoffa is fine. Just passed out." Vi announced, returning the crow pokemon to his Pokeball."What happened to Mirabi? It doesn't look like she got hit..."

Marcus rolled his companion over, and found her slightly snoring.

"Looks like she passed out from exhaustion and maybe a bit of fear. It looks like she's fine, but I don't think she can battle."

"Ah, that's a shame. Well, we both still have two Pokemon left. Ready for the next round?"

Years
  • Age 27
  • Ohio
  • Seen Nov 15, 2016
Dvalin Knight
Violet City​

Dvalin walked past the gate that seperated Route 31 and Violet City, greeted by the people who live in the town who were walking past him. Dvalin sighed a breath of relief, happy that he made it to Violet City without getting lost on his way there. When he entered the city, the first thing that caught his eye was a huge tower that seemed out of place, appearing separated from the city by a bridge and a river. As much as he wanted to visit the tower he wasn't able too at the moment. He had to visit the pokemon center to heal his newly caught Heracross and Aero. Afteer looking around aimlessly, he found the center and entered the building. He walked up to the desk where nurse Joy welcomed him with a smile.

"Why hello there. What can I do for you today?" Nurse Joy asked Dvalin.

"Hello, can you heal my pokemon for me please?" Dvalin replied with a smile

"Sure thing. Ill just take your pokemon for a few minutes. I'll call you over the speaker when they are all healed up."

Dvalin thanked her and turned around to go sit down and wait. As he turned around, he was greeted by a girl. She was a bit shorter then he was, had brown hair that was tied into a ponytail that was braided. She wore a magenta scarf with a black jacket and a blue shirt. She was carrying a tan backpack with a bunch of stickers on it, and had a Cyndaquil sitting on her shoulder. They stared at each other for a minute, then Dvalin sighed and asked the following question.

"Why are you here?"

She smiled and replied:
"I'll answer if you say the greeting."

"No."

"Come on Dvalin, say it"

"Go away..."

"After you say it."

"We aren't kids anymore Roxanne, that greeting is so cheesy"

"hasn't stopped up before has it?"

Dvalin gave a small grin. He did enjoy the greeting, but he was never going to let her know this.

"OK Ok... fine. Hey there Ms. Sun. Why are you outside right now?"

"i should be asking you that. It's morning time not Knight time!"

Roxanne giggled a little bit while Dvalin just stood there with a red face, embarrassed as to what he just said in public.

"So Roxanne, why are you in Violet City? You told me that you were going to Unova to challenge that Unova league a few days ago." Dvalin asked hoping to get a straight answer out of Roxanne for once.

"Oh right, the flight got cancelled so I decided to challenge the Jhoto league instead." She replied with a smile, while messing with the end of her ponytail.

Dvalin took a deep breath and sighed. He had a feeling she wasn't going to give a straight answer.

"Roxanne. How long have we known each other for now?" Dvalin asked

"About 13 years now. Why do you ask?" Roxanne replied with a question of her own.

"We know a lot about each other. Even the tells when we are lying, like how you like to mess with your hair when you don't want to give a straight forward answer and want to dodge the questions. So I'm gonna ask again, why aren't you in Unova like you said you were?"

Roxanne sighed and replied:
"Ok fine, after i heard the top 8 of the Goldenrod Acadamy were going to get a pokemon-"

"How did you find that out Roxanne?"

"That's not important. Anyways, after i heard that. I knew you were gonna be one of those graduates that were gonna be getting a pokemon, so I couldn't let this opportunity to actually compete with you slide by. So I talked to Proffessor Juniper and Elm and they both agreed that I'll head to Unova next year. I just got here to Violet city about 2 days ago, So I've just been waiting on you to get here so I see how you have been doing and so I can challenge you. Not now though, after I beat Falkner. Speaking of which, you do have your pokemon with you right?"

"Yeah I have my pokemon, but they are currently being healed right no-"

As Dvalin was talking, nurse Joy used the speaker to announce the following:
"Will Dvalin Knight and Roxanne Sun please come to the front desk, your pokemon are healed and ready to be returned.

Dvalin and Roxanne begin walking to the desk to collect their pokemon. They reached the desk, collected their pokemon and began to chat again.

"Anyways, Dvalin what pokemon do you have?" Roxanne asked, heer eyes sparking with curiosity.

"Alright, if you want to see. Aero, Crosshair, Torch. Come say hello!" Dvalin says as he threw his 3 pokeballs out. The pokeballs opened up, and Dvalins Starly, Magby, and Heracross came out.

"Roxanne meet Aero, Crosshair, and Torch. These 3 are my pokemon. Now what about you? Asdie from Cyndaquil who do you have?"

"I'm glad you asked Dvalin. Frogger, Clamps come on out!" Roxanne says as she sends out her own pokeballs, opening up and releases a Pinsir and a Tympole.

"Those are some strong pokemon you have there Roxanne, but i don't aim on losing to anyone. Not even you Roxanne."

"Right right, anyways. I'm about to go challenge Falkner. You want to come watch and see how a real battle is?" Roxanne banters with Dvalin. Dvalin chuckles and replies to her:

"Sure Roxanne, let's get going."

Dvalin and Roxanne leave the pokemon center and begin to walk towards the gym where Falkner was awaiting all challengers. On the way though, Dvalin heard something. At first, it sounded odd and he just ignored it, but as he got closer to the gym, he could make it out much more clear. It was someone crying, and he wanted to know why and what happened.

"Hey Roxanne, I gotta go do something so I'll catch up with you later alright?"

"Wait Dvalin, where are you going?" Roxanne asked at first. Upon hearing the sounds of crying though, she knows what Dvalin was going to do.
"Alright. Don't take to long alright? And be careful, I don't need you getting hurt." Roxanne continues on to the gym, while Dvalin heads to where the source of where the crying is.

Years
"Thank you again, professor!" Nali happily said as she waved goodbye to Professor Elm with her brand new starter, Kait the Mantyke.

The beginning trainer and baby Pokemon make their way out of Littleroot Town and into route 29, the start of Nali Rail's very own journey. The young red head could barely contain her excitement! Kait could feel the excitement coming off of her trainer and flew around her to join in on the glee. This little action cause Nali to giggle, seeing her cute Mantyke fly all around her quickly. Suddenly, a large gust of wind blows Mantyke away causing the poor water/flying to lose her balance! Nali's giggle is interrupted by a shout a surprise as she runs off to catch her partner Pokemon.

"Kait!" Nali cried out in fear, jumping into the air and catching Kait in her arms. She ends up scuffing her elbows a little when she hits the ground, but otherwise she's fine. Sighing in relief, Nali holds the surprised Kait in her arms. "We gotta be more careful. I should put you away in your Poke Ball until these gusty winds--huh?"

Further into the route, Nali can hear some cries of protest. They weren't human though. Pokemon maybe? Getting up, Nali walked over to where she is hearing the cries and finds a group of hoppips! What were they so worried about? Looking up, Nali noticed a lone Hoppip wedged between some branches. That poor thing . . .

"Hm . . . Hey Kait, the wind isn't that strong right now. Do you think you can go up there and free the Hoppip?" Nali asked her partner Pokemon who nodded valiantly. The small Mantyke flew up over to where the Hoppip was stuck and began to pull it free from the branches. It takes a few tries, but the Hoppip is pulled free! The group of Hoppip on the ground cheer in happiness at their friends safe return to the ground, bringing a smile to Nali's face. "You did a good job, Kait!"

Kait blushed in response to the praise, happy to have done well for her trainer. One of the Hoppips bounces over to Nali, holding a few berries in her hand. "Huh? Are these for me?" The Hoppip nods quickly, a smile on its face. "Hey, thanks!" Nali takes the berries from the grass-type, grinning ear to ear. "You little guys are awesome." The same Hoppip than bounces up to Nali's waist and taps a Poke Ball strapped to her belt.

"What? You want to join my team?" Now this surprised Nali, but the nod from the Hoppip confirmed her thoughts. Grinning even wider, Nali pulls out a fresh Poke Ball and taps the Hoppip lightly with it, capturing the grass-type. "You see that, Kait? We got another member in our team!" Kait cheered softly, doing a flip in the air. The two wave goodbye to the group of Hoppips before continuing on route 29 and eventually over to Cherrygrove City.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Lucas Laramie
-Violet City-
elekid.png
ekans.png

"Thank you for waiting. We've restored your Pokémon to full health. Please, come back again any time!" The woman behind the counter said as she handed Luke two pokéballs.

"Thanks for takin care of 'em miss." Luke tipped his hat to the woman and released his two pokémon to check on them. Elekid stretched his arms and readjusted the black bandana around his neck while Ekans coiled up and hissed.

"Ugh! Not again!" Nurse Joy groaned as she rapidly typed away at her keyboard in front of a fuzzy screen. "Somethin wrong?" Luke turned back to the woman and leaned on the counter.

"Sort of." She responded. "It's nothing too serious yet, but most of the machines in here are going crazy. It may not be a problem now, but I'd hate to imagine what could happen if these machines started failing while we have a pokémon in bad condition."

"Anything we could do to help?" Luke picked up Elekid and placed him on the counter as Ekans slithered up its trainers back and propped its head on Luke's shoulder.

"Actually yes. I don't know what, but something is happening in the ruins just south of here. It's caused Unown to leave and come to thecity. They've been known to cause problems with electronic devices before and I'm almost certain they are what's causing these machines to malfunction. I wouldn't recommend going into the ruins, but if you could at least get those Unown away from the center or out of the city that would help a lot."

Luke silently nodded as he listened to the nurse speak. "Surething ma'am. My pokémon and I can see if we can catch some of these pokémon and get 'em somewhere that they won't cause harm.". Luke pushed himself off thecounter and began walking to the door. "C'mon Elekid, let's go see what we can find."

Lunalie

Years
Emma Ward
172.gif

After taking a well needed rest, Emma finally made her way down route 30. Her lantern bumping against her leg rhythmically as she made her way towards Violet city. Coming across the fork in the road Emma branched off to the left taking the old man's advice.

Along the way, Peering through the thicket separating the two roads there appeared to be two guys battling. One of them seemed to have a black bird looking pokemon. "Yeah, Glad I didn't get held up with that... Although that is a pretty cool looking Pokémon." She commented to herself, seeing tiny snippets of the battle through the tree as she walked.

"You seem to be a bit distracted." A familiar voice called out to her. Recognizing the voice instantly Emma snapped her attention in front of her almost immediately.

"Lucas!" Emma called out to him as she ran forward to hug her brother. "What are you doing all the way out here?"

"I need to pick something up in Cherrygrove city, figured I'd try to catch my little sis' in the int process. Although with your patience I should have figured you'd already be leaving by now. Don't you think you're pushing yourself a bit too hard?" Lucas teased, finally breaking up the hug between them.

"Well, leave it to you to be a huge worrywart about me. I'm fine, I have a plan laid out and everything! I did my research and apparently the Violet city gym leader uses flying type pokemon, Emil, my Pichu here should be able to Handle that without a problem!" Emma Boasted, Proud of her plan.

"Is that it? Just your Pichu there? How many battles has he been in?" He asked, smirking a bit as he already had a general idea of the answer.

"Well, One... But It'll be fine!" Emma tried to ensure her brother. "Emil here is a tough little guy!"

"That's one more than I would have guessed." He teased, his smirk growing larger as he crossed his arms. You're going to need more battle experience than that to beat Falkner you know that right?"

"Emil here will be fine!" Emma tried again to ensure.

"Not likely, Falkner isn't going to lose to someone who's only battled with their Pokémon once before. He didn't become a gym leader for no reason ya know." He started to lecture,

"You should know well enough Lucas that it won't be my second battle ever. Heck, we went to the same school!" Emma retorted starting to get frustrated.

"Maybe, but it's only that Pichu's second one right? Not to mention from the sounds of it, That's your only Pokémon, Falker will use three against you." He continued, not in full on, cross armed, lecture mode. "Uhhh..." Emma started before getting cut off. "At the very least you should have a second pokemon, preferably two more and..."

Emma started to tone him out, learning a long time ago that there was no point trying to interrupt him. Ever since they were kids he always did this to her.

"Hey, Are you even listening?" Lucas called out, noticing the spacey look on Emma's face.

"Huh? Yeah, catch another pokemon and something." Emma said, snapping back to attention.

"It's so hard to get you to listen sometimes..." Lucas sighed.

"Maybe you should be less dull then!" Emma retorted, lightly punching her brother in the shoulder.

"Alright fine, I walked into that one. Just be sure to think your plan through, alright." He reaffirmed, sighing at the joke.

They spent the next fifteen minutes catching up with recent events. Emma leading the conversation talking about the crate she delivered to the store-keep and the crazy old man to guilted her into taking a tour. Lucas, whenever he finally got the chance to speak talked about his team of pokemon and not much else.

"Alright, I gotta get going, See ya Sis!" Said Lucas, ruffling Emma's hair before departing. Leaving her slightly grumpy.

"See ya Lucas..." She sighed back. "Gosh dang it he know I hate it when he does that!"

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
[/FONT]​
Marcus
298.png
187MS.png
595.png

Reaching for his next Pokeball, Marcus was suddenly told to stop by his friend.

"Actually," She began, looking up towards Marcus with a mischievous glimmer in her eye "I do have an idea…"

"I know that face." He responded, sighing. "This is either going to super dumb, or complicated with no real payoff. What is it?"

"Now I almost don't want to tell you." She responded in mock offense. "But there is something a certain member of our teams both have in common... Your Joltik and my Spinarak"

"Are you suggesting a Spider-Fight?"

"I am suggesting a Spider-Fight."

Pretending to sigh but actually a little intrigued by the premise, Marcus changed his plans to have Sylvi jump in, motioning towards the Joltik in his hair instead. The Joltik crawled out of his improvised nest, moving the hair to cover the little hole he left with his entrance before jumping to the ground. On the other side of the field, after ensuring her Murkrow was safely secured, Vi pulled out her second Pokeball and released her Spinarak. Both arachnids stared each other down, waiting for the first move.

"I guess I'll go first this time. Sampson, Night Slash them!"

The Spinarak's horn started to glow with a purple aura, leaving a small trail behind as it rushed towards Ixod. Unable to dodge, Ixod took the hit directly, catching itself from stumbling.

"It's pretty fast…" Marcus muttered to himself. "Okay, slow it down with a Thunder Wave!"

Sparks shot across the little Joltik's fur, building in quantity before suddenly discharging. The sudden discharge caught the Spinarak who, despite not actually showing any signs of pain, seemed to struggle moving it's limbs the way it wanted.

"Don't let that get in your way!" Vi shouted. "Night Slash him again!"

"Don't let him hit you" Marcus shouted in return. "Counter it with a Cross Poison!"

The Spinarak's horn once again shone the strange light as it awkwardly tried to finagle its limbs in a running position. This time, Ixod was able to dodge the attack almost effortlessly, doing a little roll to the side for emphasis. Taking advantage of the missed attack, Ixod's lifted his front two legs, seeping with a dark toxin, and made an "X" shaped cut towards the Spinarak's body. Sampson winced back, hurt but not affected by the poison itself, and retreated back a little.

"Okay, you don't have to be close to attack. Don't let him hit you like that again, Poison Sting!"

Large poison needles sprayed from the Pokemon's mouth in the direction of Ixod. Ixod attempted to dodge some of them, but ultimately was hit with a few of them. The needles broke as soon as they hit, but Ixod stumbled trying to take a step forward, wincing in pain. It looked like he was hit worse than he expected, and actually got poisoned by the attack.

"We've got to finish this quick, Cross Poison them once more!"

Rushing forward despite the pain, Ixod jumped forward, baring his front claws once more. Little droplets of poison dripped as Ixod flew through the air at his target, swinging wildly.

"Gotcha." Vi Smirked. "Hit him with a Night Slash."

Once it was too late for Ixod to change his trajectory, Sampson's horn glowed once more. Rushing forward into the attack, the twin claws hit their X shaped attack on the Spinarak's back, but Ixod caught the Night Slash attack directly across his exposed stomach. The momentum and location of the attack seemed to have amplified the damage done, and Ixod hit the ground, hard. Giving a few attempts to stand back up, but the combination of the attack and poisoning caused it to collapse each time, finally lying down, dejected.

"Sorry Ixod. Bad way to introduce you as the Destroyer of Worlds, huh?" Marcus said, withdrawing Ixod into his Pokeball. "Well, looks like we're one and two."

"Sorry, but I did say I wasn't holding back."

"Don't blame you, I wouldn't either." He admitted, before turning to Sylvi. "You good to go?"

A proud squeak told him all he needed to know, and the little Azurill rushed ahead to the field.

ElBurrito

[COLOR=#0543a8][FONT="Press Start 2P"]I'm not just
Years

Lucas Laramie
-Violet City-
elekid.png
ekans.png

Luke and Elekid stared at the sky as they walked through the city. "Still no sign of 'em". The pair stopped by the pond in front of the Sprout Tower. Luke looked out across the water to the tower.

"Maybe we could check there? These pokémon probably ain't out in the open, otherwise finding them wouldn't be difficult, and I've been wanting to check the tower out."
Luke started walking across the bridge when Elekid began tugging on his leg. "Be-be!" Electricity sparked between the two prongs on Elekid's head as the small electric pokémon pointed toward the edge of the pond. A group of Unown were flying around each other over the water.

"I'd let you handle this but your attacks ain't gonna beable to reach 'em an' I don't think you wanna swim out there". Luke grabbed a pokéball off his belt and tossed it in the air, releasing Ekans onto the bridge.

"Think you can take 'em?" Luke looked down to the purple snake beside him who raised its head and hissed in response. "Good. Keep low and dive when ya get close. Don't want 'em spottin you and attackin before you get close enough to bite."

Ekans slithered into the water and swam toward the cloud of Unown. "They kinda remind me of a swarm o' beedrill." Luke muttered as he watched his pokémon approach the group of psychic types. Ekans' head disappeared beneath the surface as he got closer to the hovering swarm. Just as Ekans was ready to strike the cloud of pokémon looked straight down and shot red beams from their eyes into the water sending water up into the air and giving the pond a red glow for a few seconds. The rising water fell back down to reveal Ekans wrapped around one of the Unown. Ekans bit down on the Unown as the psychic pokémon tried to shake it off. After minutes of struggling, the Unown crashed into the water with Ekans still holding on.

"Ekans come back!" Ekans' head rose from the water and looked up at the horde of pokémon then turned to swim to his trainer. Ekans swam back to Luke as fast as it could, dodging attacks. "Elekid, see if you can swim out with Quick Attack and get Ekans out of there."

"Be-be!" Elekid nodded to his trainer and dove into the water. Elekid used Quick Attack to swiftly glide through the water and reach Ekans. Elekid blocked a red beam with a Swift attack then grabbed Ekans and swam back with another Quick Attack boost. Luke knelt down and pulled his pokémon out of the water and returned Ekans to his pokéball.

"Rest up Ekans, you did good." Luke looked up as the Unown horde moved closer. "I should've thought this through a little more…"

Lunalie

Years
Emma Ward
172.gif

"Come on Emil, Can you please get off the tent?" Emma asked letting out a yawn. Emil, laying on top of the disassembled tent, didn't give much of a response beside looking up at her with a groggy expression.

"Alright, I asked nicely." Emma shrug as she pulled the tent out from under him. Sending Emil tumbling off the side slightly panicked. "Pichu Pi!" He said, looking up at Emma with a frustrated expression.

"Oh come on, You know that I asked you to get up already! Besides, we need to head into Violet city!" She said starting to bundle the tent pack up into it's sleeve. "Although, I have no idea what I'm gonna do once inside... As much as I hate to admit it My brother is probably right. Would a gym leader even accept my challenge at this point?" She thought to herself looking down at her very annoyed looking Pichu as they passes through the gate of the city.

"Yeah, I guess I should have just let you back inside your Pokéball huh?" She asked, awkwardly rubbing the back of her neck.

"Pi Pi!" Emil replied back, Still clearly annoyed.

"Alright, So new plan then. There should be a place here called Sprout Tower. I wasn't originally planning on checking it out but If there is a place to get you some battle experience that should be it." She said looking down at Emil. "Although, If what my brother says is correct I should also catch another Pokémon, I have plenty of Pokéballs so that shouldn't be a problem and I can train you both during my visit!" She said out loud hyping herself up. Alright that should settle it! New plan is set so it time to put it into motion!" Emma cheered to herself, sending a fist into the air.

The journey to the western gate of the city was for the most part uneventful, the roads busy with people minding their own business trying to get to their jobs or school. Aside from some guy passing out fliers near the Gym, nothing seemed too interesting until...

"You lazy little sloth! Do SOMETHING!" A young, Flamboyant looking man screamed at a pink Pokémon near the gate, The Pokémon was almost expressionless. As if he didn't hear the young man at all.

"You worthless pink blob! Do you even hear me!? I swear I've yelled at rocks more responsive than you!" He continued screaming at the top of his lungs. The people walking by started turning their heads away as they passed by him. As if they don't notice a thing. Emma just looked at him, stunned in disbelief as the young man started to kick the Pokémon.

"Ugh, It's useless." The young man sighed, Returning the slowpoke to it's pokéball. Shoving it inside of a bag he kept on him. "Hey you!" He called out, finally noticing Emma staring at him. "You have a problem here?"

"I have a problem!? You were just kicking that poor thing!" Emma shouted back, walking forward to meet the young man face to face.

"Why shouldn't I? It's not like it's going to do anything about it!" He shouted back, his voice rising even higher and louder than before.

"I don't know, Maybe you'll scuff up your pretty shoes there. They make those for men too ya know!" Emma retorted, crossing her arms smugly.

"What? I'll have you know I like to put some effort into looking nice. A concept that is obviously foreign to you!" He yelled back, taking a quick glance down at his shoes just in case.

"I'm surprised You can see anything past your ego." Emma shouted back, Starting to get just as frustrated as he is.

"Well, I'll tell you what I see. Your little runt of a Pokémon there! Luckily I still need to burn off some steam so I think I'll let my Golbat play with it! Go!" He shouted, taking a few steps backwards before throwing his pokéball. The Golbat screeching as it emerged.

"Well, I guess your battle is coming sooner than I thought Emil, Go get em!" Emma shouted, Emil meeting the Gobat between the two trainers.

PastelPhoenix

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 20, 2022
[/FONT]​
Marcus
298.png
187MS.png
595.png

Marcus was ready to issue his first command to the eager Azurill when Vi put up her hands to ask for a time out.

"Things are getting a little late," She started, fiddling with Sampson's Pokeball. "Should we just swap to our last Pokemon?"

"I mean, it benefits me more than you…" He replied, a bit taken aback she wasn't ready to press every advantage. "But if you want this to be a fresh battle, go ahead."

"Thanks. I think having our starters go all out would be a lot more interesting than Riley fighting an already poisoned Pokemon."

With a low whistle she called back the large spider, and after a second whistle the little Jackal like pokemon took its place. If he remembered correctly, it should be both Fighting and Steel type, and the fighting type meant he would be worse off with Sylvi's Normal typing. Heck, even if she was evolved and replaced the Normal with Fairy it was still a one sided match. Still, Sylvi was enduring and with a few clever plays he could maybe swing the tides a little. The Riolu slipped into a loose fighting stance, while Syli merely tried to stare down her opponent.

"Start off with a Blaze Kick!" Vi shouted, taking the initiative.
The Riolu broke into a short run, one of his bottom paws catching flame. Doing a small flip, Riley planted his foot firmly into the ground, leaving a smoking hole where Sylvi stood before a last second roll.

"Was that flip really necessary?!" Marcus shouted, realizing the only reason the attack missed was due to the unnecessary showboating.

"Hey, you can't deny it wasn't cool." Vi shouted back, grinning widely.

"Cool doesn't work if you can't hit anything." He finished, breaking into his own smile. "But thanks for the attack."

"Wait… what do you mea-" Vi managed to mutter before getting cut off

"Use Copycat!"

At the sound of the command, the little green mouse shimmered with a faint white light, fading everywhere except her foot. The light concentrated, growing brighter and brighter before it turned into a patch of raging flame similar to the Riolu's. Sylvi wasted no time bouncing up and slamming the ablaze foot into Riley's face chest, knocking him back significantly. The Riolu landed on his feet and took up another fighting pose, but the smell of burnt fur remained alongside a singed outline of a foot.

"Woooow!" Vi joyfully shouted, not even caring her Pokemon was the one who took the attack. "I did not see that coming at all."

"You can't be the only one with fancy moves." Marcus boasted, sweeping his hair back.

"Well, we just gotta make sure you can't do that again." Vi proclaimed. "Hit her with a Quick Attack!"

Wasting no time, Riley rushed into a full blown sprint, landing a rough body check before Sylvi could even react. The little mouse rolled back a little, before standing back up and shaking off the hit.

"Don't let him close, keep your distance with water gun!"

Perking up, the Azurill let forth a torrent of water from her mouth, buffeting the Riolu. The little Jackal was thrown back even more, leaving line of torn grass from where it tried to maintain its position. Whenever the first blast ended, and Sylvi went to take a breath before continuing the assault, the Riolu took off, running in a large circle around the Azurill. Sylvi let loose several more torrents of water towards the speeding figure, but Riley either outran the stream or suddenly changed directions. Vi watched with an analytical eye, sizing up the situation.

"Okay, go for the quick attack now!" Vi suddenly commanded. Sure enough, Sylvi needed to end the Water Gun and grab some air right when she yelled. Taking advantage of the small window, Riley dashed forward and rammed the Azurill with his shoulder, sending her rolling once more.

"We can't keep them at bay then…" Marcus muttered, thinking to himself. "Go all in; Copycat!"

The white light returned as soon as his Pokemon gained her footing, focusing once more on her feet. She suddenly began to close the distance once more, moving at a much faster speed.

"Hit with your own Quick Attack!" Vi shouted towards her partner.

Both pokemon sped towards each other, violently colliding and throwing each other back. Both the Riolu and Azurill seemed to have hit the ground hard, and took a few seconds to get back up, but it was Sylvi who was first to her feet.

"Finish it!" Marcus shouted excitedly. "One more Water Gun!"

"Not on my watch!" Vi barked back. "Endure it!"

Sylvi let loose one more torrent of water, buffeting the Riolu. Riley braced for the impact, digging both feet and even one of his paws into the ground to prevent being dragged back. The impact of the water stung, but right before he collapsed the pain itself seemed to fade to nothing but slight annoyance.

"Quick Attack!" Vi calmly stated, giving her final order.

Sylvi's torrent ended, and within that second window Riley launched himself forward once more. The little jackal collided with the mouse, and they both rolled back. Once the two pokemon finally managed to stop themselves, Riley was the only one who stood up before falling to one knee.

"Looks like this one is mine." Vi smiled, triumphantly.

"Okay, okay." Marcus muttered back, a faint smile on his face. "You got me. That's an impressive Pokemon."

"Come on," Vi deflected, hitting Marcus lightly on the shoulder. "Sylvi held her own well. One more water gun and I would be done for."

Sylvi blinked back into consciousness on the ground, a little dazed but no worse for wear. A small set of paws pressed up on her back, sitting her up once more. Looking behind, she saw the Riolu pushing her up off the ground. At first she wanted to spray him with water for winning, but that would be a little too tiring in her state. Instead she accepted the help, her sore legs secretly appreciative of the help, and the two sat back to back, supporting each other.

"Cmon," Vi said, motioning towards the two Pokemon, quickly falling asleep. "We can talk on the way to town. Let's get these two checked out."

Back