• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: Pokémon General Daily Chit-Chat. Join in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years

Replying to my own questions. :3

What's your favourite method of evolution? Why do you like this method? What Pokémon are you always eager to evolve when you catch it?
My favourite method is Mantyke's evolution, where it evolves by levelling up with a Remoraid in the party. I love love creative stuff like that. :D I wish that were how Slowpoke evolved (with Shellder).
Normal levelling up kind of bores me. I like the trading evolutions and the stones the most. Whenever I have an Eevee I automatically formulate in my head "ooooooh which one will I evolve it into?" :3 So Eevee is my favourite Pokémon to evolve. I don't have a lot of opportunities to trade but I still like trading evolutions. :P

By the way . . . would anyone be willing to go on WiFi with me right now? xD I need to evolve my Porygon.

Do you prefer non-evolving Pokémon or Pokémon that evolve?
I love evolving them. Non-evolving Pokémon almost kind of make me sad. I just like thinking "ooooh it can get even more powerful than this :3" and seeing them grow up. <33 I tend to prefer three-stage lines for this reason. :3

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Oh man Eevee. I can't stand Eevee because I'm incredibly indecisive so I can never decide what I want to evolve it into, I like Espeon the best but I never have the patience to evolve it that way :(

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The only Eevee form I'll ever use is Jolteon because of its awesome Speed and Special Attack... exactly what a good Electric-type should be. I can't be bothered training the other forms of it, though.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
I never liked Jolteon in the least. I thought the design was super ugly compared to the rest of the Eeveelutions :( With all the ones available now I really can't understand people that like Jolteon's design above all the others.

Years
What's your favourite method of evolution? Why do you like this method? What Pokémon are you always eager to evolve when you catch it?
Exp. Share + beating the League. I like it because it's a lot easier and faster than grinding at times.
Hmm... I don't know.

Do you prefer non-evolving Pokémon or Pokémon that evolve?
Ones that evolve, but I don't fully evolve all of them.

Celestial Daze

Holiday Alt. = Holidaze
Years
Exp. Share + beating the League. I like it because it's a lot easier and faster than grinding at times.
Hmm... I don't know.

You're confusing something ...
I think it meant if level-up,happiness,trade,etc.
That's a way of grinding.
But sure that is an easy way of grinding ^_^

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Maybe it's because I've has Espeon on my team several times, and then I had Togekiss, Umbreon and Roserade (caught as a Budew) on my Platinum, but evolution by friendship isn't too hard imo. On my Soul Silver, because I traveled with the Togepi until I had my other members of my team, it evolved at... level 7? The Chansey that I evolved for the Pokedex evolved even sooner.

This is coming from someone who hates grinding/battling Pokemon over and over again for a good period of time, mind ya'll.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Oh... :/
Anyway, I don't consider anything that's easy and fast to be grinding :P
Evolution by happiness = biggest pain ever.

I agree with you! Though with a Togekiss, Roserade, and a Lucario appearing several times in my team already, I got used to it. The earliest I had a Pokemon evolve by happiness was level 12. I was rich then. fed it lot of vitamins. :)

Ineffable~

DAT SNARKITUDE
Years
Maybe it's because I've has Espeon on my team several times, and then I had Togekiss, Umbreon and Roserade (caught as a Budew) on my Platinum, but evolution by friendship isn't too hard imo. On my Soul Silver, because I traveled with the Togepi until I had my other members of my team, it evolved at... level 7? The Chansey that I evolved for the Pokedex evolved even sooner.

This is coming from someone who hates grinding/battling Pokemon over and over again for a good period of time, mind ya'll.
I agree with this completely. I really like happiness evolution. :) Actually my Pokémon always evolve from happiness without needing any special intervention, since automatically when I am training a Pokémon I always hatch it from an egg, feed it as many vitamins as I can (unless I'm not feeling lazy about EV training), and level it up several times as I EV, then even more afterwards to get it up to level 50. The only difference whatsoever here is that I have the Pokémon in question hold a Soothe Bell as I feed it vitamins. :3

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I don't really like to evolve my Pokemon through happiness when I'm just getting them for the Pokedex. I find it really time consuming and annoying. I don't mind doing it though if it's for an in-game team or EV training, because they get happy pretty quickly anyway.

VAPOREON IS THE BEST EEVEELUTION

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
Years
Here are my favourite Eeveelutions in order:

Glaceon
Umbreon
Espeon
Vaporeon
Leafeon
Flareon
Jolteon

Now don't get me wrong, I do love them all. Though I ranked them in order of how pretty I think they are, which is a little shallow :P

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
Wow, so much Jolteon hate... but honestly, if Electrode had better Special Attack, I'd definitely be using it instead... I do much prefer Electrode's appearance. In fact, I am more apt to use our favorite smiling exploding ball in an in-game setting... it's only competitive play where I switch over to Jolteon to zap stuff.

I don't think I've used a Porygon once, to be honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back