• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
Youkai Academy has been accepted!

Skymin?! What do you mean with: "just keep on top of your spelling/punctuation"?

Was the grammar that bad?! :< I thought I had done pretty well… ^^;;;

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Hey guys what's up over the next few days I'm debating on whether or not to permanently leave rping. I'm doing this for two reasons 1 is simply time 2 is because I'm getting the impression that I'm not welcome here seeing as I can barely think of anything creative or as note worthy as other people's ideas. So over the next few days I'm going to take a break and if I leave I'll post again so people can remove me from whatever rp I was already in. This doesn't mean within these few days ill be completely gone ill just be in where I belong which is in the gaming department.

Thx for reading.

disciplish

supreme meme machine
Years
Hey guys what's up over the next few days I'm debating on whether or not to permanently leave rping. I'm doing this for two reasons 1 is simply time 2 is because I'm getting the impression that I'm not welcome here seeing as I can barely think of anything creative or as note worthy as other people's ideas. So over the next few days I'm going to take a break and if I leave I'll post again so people can remove me from whatever rp I was already in. This doesn't mean within these few days ill be completely gone ill just be in where I belong which is in the gaming department.

Thx for reading.

You're always welcome, in my opinion. All I think you should do is what I did pretty much, which is work your way up. Start at a smaller RP, then keep going gradually up until you think you can go at it in bigger, veteran RPs.

Why do I roleplay?

It's interesting you ask. When I first came to PC, my first thread in the New Users forum was titled "Just a fan." I saw people making hacks, spriting and stuff, and I felt disappointed I couldn't give away anything. People told me about Gaming Central, and all these other places. But I wasn't a hardcore Pokemon player who set up trades. I mean, sure, when the GTS gives me a Zorua for a Patrat in Black, where it was event-only, I'll jump at it (this actually happened to me). But I wasn't big on this whole thing. Not a entrepreneur. Not a breeder. Not a hardcore player. Just a fan.

I eventually wandered into the Roleplay section. I looked around, really just seeing what I could find, what I could do here, etc., and I ended up looking at Hoenn ReBURST. I had seen the manga, read the summaries. This was awesome. I looked at what they did there. When I had originally thought about RolePlaying a year ago, I would've said "a twenty-sided die." Now, it was ten times awesomer. It was writing, within a scenario, and it was fiction. AND THERE WAS POKEMON IN IT.

I stayed in RPing for all that time afterward. Sure, it's time-consuming. Sure, it takes work. But heck, it's fun. If I could get paid for doing this, I would wish for a full-time job, pronto. And I've liked it ever since. I stay because its fun, its a hobby, it's unpredictable. No videogame can match anything I've RP'd about.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
You've got a point but I'm just not fit for it. I'm not now and will probably never be up to par with everyone else. And honestly I have a very long term must do goal that I have to complete on my 17th birthday which is only in 6 months. If I don't see this through I'm toast. So I gotta focus on that for now then I can consider rejoining.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years

Thx for reading.

I will say that it's...quite difficult to leave roleplay. I tried that during my break. It didn't work. So I decided to return today. This thread seems to push away the many ideas that get presented, and to be honest I'd be more than happy to take some of the blame. So I apologize. You are much better off taking a break (two weeks would be okay, since that's how much I took). And trust me, it is all worth it.

It's okay if you don't have anything creative. Don't rush yourself with your ideas. Just sit there and think about those ideas and think about how would they work. I'd be more than happy to help you out with your ideas, if you decide you want help. For now, if you need the break, go ahead. Like I said, a break is totally worth it. I really hope you don't leave completely though! :(

Sapphire Rose

Years
You've got a point but I'm just not fit for it. I'm not now and will probably never be up to par with everyone else. And honestly I have a very long term must do goal that I have to complete on my 17th birthday which is only in 6 months. If I don't see this through I'm toast. So I gotta focus on that for now then I can consider rejoining.

It's so difficult to leave the RP corner, that many tried to leave but came back after awhile c: just saying~ I just hope you won't leave too like the others did who didn't come back.

Youkai Academy has one spot left ^^ it was filled within a hour yesterday which quite amazed me :o

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^ I saw that and was like "holy crap that fast?". I'd join, but I already chose my two roleplays to accommodate my school schedule! xD someone took Human already. sadface

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Well, it looks like we've got all sorts of new things to bring to the RP Corner!

So, here are my questions:

What are your initial impressions on this big news?

How do you think this news will relate to Roleplays?

How long do you think it will be before these new Pokemon/features will be applied to our roleplays?

Is anyone else anticipating this new update coming to our RP forums?

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Jun 19, 2016

Well, it looks like we've got all sorts of new things to bring to the RP Corner!

How long do you think it will be before these new Pokemon/features will be applied to our roleplays?

Flashy camera angles are nice, and the Pokemon models are great, but there's not much of substance there. The Pokemon don't interact in any more meaningful way than they did before.

3D graphics won't. The new lore will affect it just like any new Generation.

There aren't any features that affect roleplay so far...but the new Pokemon will be applied to them just like the old ones.

Not particularly.

Sapphire Rose

Years
^ I saw that and was like "holy crap that fast?". I'd join, but I already chose my two roleplays to accommodate my school schedule! xD someone took Human already. sadface

That was the same reaction I had when I found out xD and it's okay :3 it's not like i'm gonna force you to join~ JOINNNNN!!!!!!! Jk jk jk jk jk jk jk

Yeah, the human spot got reserved pretty fast c:

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Today I'd like to ask everyone an interesting question:

Why do you roleplay?
Right now, my primary motivation is to shape my own universe, and to let others interact with it
This, I totally understand. It's fun to see your plot play out, and see the players invent their own histories and plots and have fun in your world.

Why do I roleplay? Not only because I love to write, it's because I simply adore creating things from imagination. Basically, I use my imagination a lot more than when I write anything else. I would say it's a lot easier and manageable than fanfic writing, but it's also a lot more fun. and it is a drug oh my goodness aaaaah.

Roleplay is also a time waster, a good time waster. It kills boredom, and when you have something in your mind that's good enough to go on a word document or on paper, write it. Perhaps that "thing" you thought about may turn out to be something incredible.

Also guess what, I'm coming out of roleplay break! I'm still eyeing on a roleplay so watch out! xD I couldn't take it anymore tbh ;;
I wouldn't say it's more manageable than fanfic writing xD If you're GMing a RP, you have to think about soooo many things. At least if you're a good GM! ;3

A too good time waster indeed. Oh, I can find myself sitting for hours trying to finish a good post. Not good >.<

Great to hear that you're back and eager! Do join CLOUD ;3

Why do I roleplay? Hmm... that's a tough one! Well, at first it was to write collaboratively because I enjoyed writing (albeit badly at first). Then, it was creating my own characters and universes inside my head. I love to imagine and create it really helped my creative drive. Now, it's mainly to make friends. I've been making a lot of friends lately and that really makes me happy~~~
I don't think I need to reply to this topic myself now because you said everything that needed to be said from me 8D Except maybe the friends part. I can't stand that Maddy person.

that was a joke you silly, I love I love you

Shameless advertisement because I finally get to spam F5 on my glorious production. This took 60+ hours to revise okay don't hate

Feel free to drop by. (Uncentered because I'm lazy.)
Looking so good. So good. If nobody signs up for that, it's definitely not your fault. x3

Skymin?! What do you mean with: "just keep on top of your spelling/punctuation"?
Was the grammar that bad?! :< I thought I had done pretty well… ^^;;;
That's just her compulsory behavior needing to watch over us all like a fluffy mother hen, nothing to worry about :3

Thx for reading.
You should know that you are always welcome, should you like to start RPing again more or less spontaneously!

You're always welcome, in my opinion. All I think you should do is what I did pretty much, which is work your way up. Start at a smaller RP, then keep going gradually up until you think you can go at it in bigger, veteran RPs.

If I could get paid for doing this, I would wish for a full-time job, pronto. And I've liked it ever since. I stay because its fun, its a hobby, it's unpredictable. No videogame can match anything I've RP'd about.
Good advice!

Totally agree. I could have forum RPing as a job even when not paid, as seen before lol And that's true, while video games have this visual experience thing, RPing can be exciting too if you are armed with good enough language skills and a vivid enough mind.

I doubt the 6th gen will come to the RP Corner yet. Perhaps in summer or rather October, when the game has come out.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years

Immediately.
Because I plan to incorporate them into the roleplays I've been working on. One of which I just came up with today, and these guys will work just fine.

Okay, who thinks they want a medieval-ish, dimension-crossing, magic-involving, pokemon roleplay? I'll tell you more later, lol.

Now, I'm working on the roleplay I just mentioned . . .
2. A Grande Arena/Battle Royale styled roleplay
3. A remake of my first journey roleplay
4. I know there's more, but those are the main ones and I don't have them all in front of me. @_@
5. EDIT: And I also had the idea of making a very morbid pokemon roleplay . . . probably PG16+ from possibly graphic scenes . . . lol

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Okay, who thinks they want a medieval-ish, dimension-crossing, magic-involving, pokemon roleplay? I'll tell you more later, lol.
Lawl that sounds just like the Homestuck/Pokémon crossover I've been trying to think up for a while now. Only, I gave up.

EDIT: oh. 5 more posts and I've made 7000 posts on PC. That's, um, a lot.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Just an update on my status. I'm not technically leaving. I'm just not going to be in the rp center for a good 6 months. The reason has more to do with my past which will affect my future. I'll tell people in more detail if they so desire to know why I am leaving and why it links to my past and future.

Nakuzami

Years
Lawl that sounds just like the Homestuck/Pokémon crossover I've been trying to think up for a while now. Only, I gave up.

EDIT: oh. 5 more posts and I've made 7000 posts on PC. That's, um, a lot.

Quitter!
Lol, iz kool, iz kool.

I had finished doing my Biology test a half hour early so I started writing up a sort of prologue to it then. I don't really feel like typing it up this very second, but let's just say it involves a king that outlawed magic and went execution happy in what people know as the Purge. That was 150 years ago.
Now, I think the roleplayers might either be citizens of this world, or maybe they'd be characters from our world that, for some reason, got dragged into this world. I think I like the latter. It might also involve some memory loss for the roleplayers. depending on what I feel like. ^-^'

The second roleplay I was working on, the Arena-styled one that I already mentioned, hasn't progressed too much. I did narrow down the worlds that I was thinking of drawing characters from. Now they're all from fighting games, excluding a few bonus characters like (possibly) Link, Ratchet, Jak, and maybe some cool guy like Ezio Auditore.
The fighting games I looked up were Guilty Gear, Bloody Roar, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Dead or Alive, Virtua Fighter, Tekken and Soul Calibur.

The third one is The Lost Islands League 2.0 and you either know about that one or you don't. ;P

ShinyDiamond

[b]The Other Promise[/b]
Years
That would be me who is the human. :P This RP will definitely be...interesting.

1. I say they're running out of idea's for Pokemon Species. I mean, they have a Trubbish, which is from trash.

2. Many new Pokemon & RP ideas will be introduced, including the new legendry Pokemon.

3. Maybe before or after October of its release date.

4. Not until August.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
In terms of roleplays and the new Pokemon games released, I personally think that we should wait for more information to come out later in the year...before we start implementing that information to a roleplay. Honestly, that would be awesome, but all we know is the starters, and the names of the game. xD Like ShinyDiamond said, after October would be alright.

I wouldn't say an "update" per se, but at least something new is coming. :P

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
I won't be updating my roleplays until pokemon are at least released in Japan, personally. However, I'd be open to the idea of people trying to use pokemon they barely know anything about if they can do it in an appropriate manner, I guess. <.<

The English games aren't coming out until almost 2014, so.

Nakuzami

Years
I won't be updating my roleplays until pokemon are at least released in Japan, personally. However, I'd be open to the idea of people trying to use pokemon they barely know anything about if they can do it in an appropriate manner, I guess. <.<

Hun, it's a Worldwide release, so we English folks will probably get information at the same time as the Japanese folks.

So long as the English names are known, and perhaps a full evolution line and maybe a basic moveset, then I think it's perfectly fine to have the pokemon. Even so, you could just prevent them from evolving until their evolution lines are revealed. In that case, it actually gives the roleplayer a sense of anticipation and surprise when they can evolve their pokemon later.

I just kind of fell in love with Fennikin and I'm beginning to like Froakie. So . . . yeah, lol.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years

I thought it was slated for a worldwide release this time around; October 2013.

Anyways, it would probably be very inappropriate to try using the new Pokémon in a roleplay when we don't even know what they are. Hell, all we've got are the starters' first stage names and their appearances, alongside the looks of the legendary pair.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back