• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Smash 4/7/2013 + April CoroCoro: Mewtwo's New Form!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023

Honestly I was just going to post the play by play like I usually do, but it be easier to post the stream for all to see on here. Its about an hour long so only watch in a seperate window if you can. I'll be either updating this first post while this moves or post after others have commented.

Shivy don't hate me for this ;-;
(I don't hate you for this!)

Edit: Early scans from April's issue of CoroCoro reveal that "Newtwo" is actually a new form of Mewtwo and will appear in the upcoming movie. Check the images below.

Spoiler:

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
The guy in the stream just said they're revealing two new pokemon, is that confirmed or is it just a rumour?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Rumor. We know 1 is getting revealed thanks to the battle footage preview, but anything higher than that is a rumor. Smash itself hasn't said anything other than "Big Update"

Smash started. Showed a video clip of the Yellow Circle hidden Pokemon using Shadow Ball on a Cloyster.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
I saw in-game footage of Cloyster fighting the mystery new pokemon.

It looked like the mystery pokemon used a dark or ghost type move....(Shadow ball?)

Exciting!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Since Shadow Ball it could be a Ghost? New Ghost type maybe~

Could be, all pokemon that learn it by level up are ghost types. It could have just learned it by TM though, although they probably would want to show off a pokemon using a move of it's type. At least initially.

Could be that Sableye evo that's been rumoured.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Masuda is gonna show the "new Pokémon's illustration." Very exciting! Kinda disappointed that the Smash staff just reiterated info we already have though...

Years
  • Seen Jul 18, 2016
Wow, even though I could do without the youtuber's comments this is interesting! Thanks for sharing this, I've never watched an episode of Smash before.

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
Wow, even though I could do without the youtuber's comments this is interesting! Thanks for sharing this, I've never watched an episode of Smash before.

I watched one before, but no info was shown so I stopped watching and it just got too weird. Only watching it today cause apparently we're getting new info on X and Y.

NO WHAT THE MEWTWO FORM IS REAL WTF

No why is it so ugly? Why Gamefreak.

Last edited:
Years
I was watching it for a bit but it got a bit weird with the cake scene, I was expecting a new Pokemon getting shown or something. Can't wait to hear what it is.

Anyways, thanks for sharing this Xander!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
So I guess we can safely say that the X and Y are based on genetics? XD Glad to have you joining the gen 6 party, Mewtwo! I hope we get more info on your backstory this time around!

Mindless Interest

The Cloaked Schemer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 12, 2013
So I guess Mewtwo does have relevance to the 6th generation, and the new movie .-.

Back