• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Discussion] Single/Multiple save games and displayed info

Multiple Saves or Single

• Multiple Saves

Votes: 21 91.3%
  • Single Saves

Votes: 2 8.7%

• Total voters
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
ok this was touched on briefly before there was a separate section what would the community prefer a single slot save system like what is already available or a multi slot save game option like in default rpgmaker xp

also what info would you like displayed in the save game

my vote would be

Multiple slot save
showing, player name, location, money and current pokémon team

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
There are three main systems of savegames that could be used:

• One save, as there is currently.
  • Multiple adventures, but only one save per adventure.
  • Always multiple saves.
Personally, I don't have any preferences, but one save ever would be convenient as it's already done.

I'd love to hear what people want to see in the Load Game screen (attached). I'd say the info that's already there, plus icons of the party Pokémon, plus current location. Maybe Dex completion if there's space.

Could the screen itself be redesigned? Concept art is a plus.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
A loading screen like this would be nice:

emu1ov8.jpg

But yeah, I've always loved the idea of having multiple save files to choose from. Maybe an infinite amount of slots to save to, perhaps?

Worldslayer608

ಥдಥ
Years
I like the idea of adventure saves. 3 different games playable with 1 save each. Much like Zelda games.

Also, things like this should have a poll... it is an easy way to compile information without having to dredge through each post if a flurry were to happen. Just my thoughts.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Aug 31, 2023
yh found the option too late unless someone wants to delete this post and make a new one containing a poll

DarkDoom3000

Super Pokemon Eevee Edition
Years
Multiple adventures or multiple saves would be my vote. no real reason to limit it to 1 save, since you can do multiple saves manaully (copy save file, etc)

Ho-oh 112

Advance Scripter
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 8, 2014
I think this would be a fairly fast project to make, infinate saves in a folder called saves or something, yeah I could make this in a day or two.

Could the screen itself be redesigned? Concept art is a plus.

Yes, look at raptor, the background has been changed, I've added a mystery gift feature LONG AGO, so yeah I think with a little effort you can change it.

Last edited:

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
yh found the option too late unless someone wants to delete this post and make a new one containing a poll
There is a drop-down menu above your post called "Thread tools", there you can add a poll.

Multiple save files would be nice indeed, I've always missed that in the official games.

FL

Pokémon Island Creator
Years
  • Online now
(pasting my post on wikia)

It's really easy to change the save name or copy the game folder, so the multiple slots aren't too necessary, maybe you can put an option in global metadata/Settings for it. The best solution is to put to the Developer the option to choose. The more things that you can do this way, better is it.
I think for respect the ones who likes to make identical games or remakes like the poccil original concept, if this isn't a important thing is better to maintain the official ones and maybe create a tutorial on wiki telling how to put the custom ones.

The screen for save/loading is fine in the current way. Maybe the loading screen can have the player graphics, location of save and party icons.

xdanx

But you can call me Dan :)
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2012
Multiple adventures or multiple saves would be my vote. no real reason to limit it to 1 save, since you can do multiple saves manaully (copy save file, etc)
The thing is not "no reason to limit it to 1 save", thing is that it's easier that way, multiple saves requires a lot more work. Is not like it was made thinking "people should have only 1 save" but more like "adding multiple saves it's too much work, if anyone wants it they can add it by thenselves"

Years
Currently working on this!

• The loading screen will look like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum, in the sense that there are seperate windows for each option. Detailed information for savefiles will be displayed on the savefile windows when you hit continue.
  • There will be 3 savefile slots. Each displaying information for the selected file. If there's no file saved in a particular slot, it will show "No Data".
  • You will be able to choose a slot to save in when saving in the game.
  • There will also be an option to load a saved file in game.
  • Deleting will work the same way as normal, but you will obviously have a choice of which file to delete.
  • Deleting the save file from the folder will work normally, as if there wasn't a save. So players can manually remove savefiles (Happens anyway, just highlighting the fact!)
  • It will be fluid, so will fit with any screen resolution you choose.

I think that's it, are there any suggestions as to what else to add?

Last edited:
Back