• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Pysduck or starmie

Years
  • Age 21
  • Seen Apr 29, 2018
i doing a play though on fire red and i was trying to find a good water type and i don't want lapras who should i choose.

tokyodrift

[i]got me looking for attention[/i]
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
Starmie is usually the better choice. It's movepool is very diverse. You can always run something like: Psychic, Surf, Ice Beam/Recover, and Thunderbolt. Psyduck is a very unique Pok?mon and it's worth trying out if you'd like something a bit different from the norm. It can be run Physical or Special. It's movepool isn't as quite diverse though.

Last edited:
Years
^

Starmie has great speed and special attack. Also psychic types are very powerful in that generation, and Starmie has a very diverse movepool.

Years
Starmie and Golduck both learn Psychic through TMs. The difference is Starmie gets STAB with it and it also learns recover. Plus it's pretty darn fast so that would be my choice.
I'd probably choose it's moveset to be:
Surf
Psychic
Recover
Calm Mind

Back