• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Misty Returning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Didn't someone mention in another thread that blue haired girl fishing in the poster (Luna, Lana, Uuna, whatever her name is) is going to be specializing in Water- Pokemon and is one of Ash's travelling companions..? it really feels like the writers are doing their very best to forget about Misty completely.....

Which kinda sucks.... I rather see the older characters follow Ash this time, not just Misty.... We dont really need new characters again that we'll say "Sayonara" by the end of the region....

By that logic, you could say they're trying to forget about Cilan and Clement because of Mallow and that Sop guy respectively.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 17, 2016
I love misty a lot.She and ash are best couples.They actually like each other too.She must return in the coming season.

Jalsy

RESET
Years
As Misty fan, I still think there is this small chance of her returning, but I doubt that she'll return. I think getting a mention or flashback will most likely to happened than a cameo. I still hope, but it's never reassuring.. . At this moment, its very hard to imagine.

Years
  • Age 42
  • Seen Mar 12, 2024
With the new Pokemon the Movie coming out, we might see her again. I can't wait for that movie!

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen May 10, 2017
I know i have a great idea if misty won't be returning can I instead of ash I think red is worth watching for..cause I'm fed up with ash l..20 years and it's still Ash... If the girls are changing every season why can't it be for the male protagonist since every game its not even him hyff...just saying I want another story of Pokemon.. If not this will be like naruto so many episodes ..but hell yah the end is a crap

Cool_Porygon

Lurking in the shadows
Years
I don't think it's likely she will return for the series. Maybe as a future movie idea, I don't know. Misty as a rival could definitely work. I'd like to see it, Ash and Misty's interaction was amusing. Ash in the more recent series is not as obnoxious as the earlier so that might change things. But if we see Misty I also want to see some of Ash's Pokemon from way back.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Even if by a very small chance that Misty does appear she'll probably look as "hideous" as Ash and Team Rocket in the new art style so I think her fans would probably regret wanting her back seeing as how the fanbase hates how Ash and Team Rocket look now lmao. It's best that she didn't return.

Honestly, I'm willing to tolerate even her potentially being given a bad makeover so long as they at LEAST make sure she is actually ALLOWED to pursue her goal once again, that's ALL I want, for her to actually pursue her goal instead of being cooped up in a gym and acting as a punching bag to such an extent that she comes across as no different than JJM in terms of skills, or lack thereof. Besides, considering how the other girls in Sun and Moon actually look pretty good in spite of the new art style, we can't say for certain that she'll turn out hideous like Ash and Team Rocket will.

And honestly, as bad of a makeover Ash got, I find his not being able to pursue his goal of Pok?mon Master thanks to Sun & Moon's omission of gyms or even an actual league to be FAR worse.

Last edited:
Years
And honestly, as bad of a makeover Ash got, I find his not being able to pursue his goal of Pok?mon Master thanks to Sun & Moon's omission of gyms or even an actual league to be FAR worse.

This is my major problem with Sun & Moon. Removing the Gyms from the games ruined Ash's goals, and now he's more interested in focusing on that stupid school rather than the next trial, to the point he seems to be barely showing interest in said next trial. If Alola is confirmed not to have a league in anime context, we won't see complaints about Ash lose a league but the fandom complaining that Ash got downgraded as a whole solely due to the way Alolan culture works.

I'd definitely take a Misty comeback over that bullshit, even if SM art style butchers her.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
This is my major problem with Sun & Moon. Removing the Gyms from the games ruined Ash's goals, and now he's more interested in focusing on that stupid school rather than the next trial, to the point he seems to be barely showing interest in said next trial. If Alola is confirmed not to have a league in anime context, we won't see complaints about Ash lose a league but the fandom complaining that Ash got downgraded as a whole solely due to the way Alolan culture works.

I'd definitely take a Misty comeback over that bull****, even if SM art style butchers her.

Yeah, no kidding. I mean, I could tolerate it to some extent if he at least won the Kalos league beforehand, since, hey, at least he won a league, so him taking a break would be warranted, but the fact is, thanks to that rather BS way they handled the Kalos League, it essentially means that Ash is not pursuing his stated goal for no real reason. If anything, Alola not having a league would have been all the MORE reason to have Ash win a league for once.

And agreed there regarding Misty. She's been forced out of her goal for far TOO long, and really deserves a comeback, and if she ever leaves again, it had better not involve the gym or her sisters again.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jun 30, 2017
Guys I just don't wanna argue with you all. Because Misty is the best combination for Ash. Misty had emotions to Ash. I was watching Pokemon from my childhood and after a long time u was Pokemon season 1 to season 5 Master quest. At that time I feel like having Misty in the new upcoming season whatever it is. Misty, Brock & Ash is my favourite combo in Pokemon. New Pokemon episodes like XY&Z, Black&White,etc. Is good but our childhood view of Pokemon is the season 1 quality of vedio. That series appearance is the most super vedio than present Pokemon vedio series. Those old Pokemon where good. I wish all that time Pokemon should come back and My other wish is that in next series Misty Brock Ash must be travelling together in some episodes May and Max should come , In some episodes Dawn should & in some episodes Serina should come but no change should be made for Misty and Brock.. Brock is the best buddy for Ash. Please Pokemon officials please make a series with Ash, Brock and Misty.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
If they make a new series with Brock and Misty and any other former companions returning it would probably be a short internet only series like Generations. It's the older fans like us that care about them and want to see them back, they won't be relevant to younger fans who are the target audience of the TV series.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
If they make a new series with Brock and Misty and any other former companions returning it would probably be a short internet only series like Generations. It's the older fans like us that care about them and want to see them back, they won't be relevant to younger fans who are the target audience of the TV series.

Don't know about that, that poll they did seems to indicate that nearly half of the voters who voted for Misty and Brock to return were the ones who existed after their time.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
Did they only poll children though, or could adults participate also? I remember when Power Rangers reruns were airing on ABC Family at one time they would do polls asking fans to pick what episodes to air and most of the time Mighty Morphin episodes won over more recent ones, but it was likely because it was fans of the original voted more than watchers of the then-current season.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Did they only poll children though, or could adults participate also? I remember when Power Rangers reruns were airing on ABC Family at one time they would do polls asking fans to pick what episodes to air and most of the time Mighty Morphin episodes won over more recent ones, but it was likely because it was fans of the original voted more than watchers of the then-current season.

If Dephender's translation of the page is to be believed, 40 percent of the people who voted were 10-19 years old, while half of them were 20-29 years old (in other words, us old timers). There's definitely a large percent, even if not necessarily a majority, that was composed of the target age audience in other words, meaning, while we old-timers barely constitute a majority, the younger age bracket most certainly had a huge sway in the matter as well (only having a 10% difference).

https://www.pokecommunity.com/showpost.php?p=9644232&postcount=99

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
The allure of Misty returning is something fans have been discussing for at least a decade now. Of all the former Pokegirls, and considering SM's setting, it would make sense to have a Water Gym Leader pursuing her goal of finding, catching and mastering Water type Pokemon. I mean in all the seasons, Misty was at home in the Orange islands because she was surrounded by Water. Anyone see the parallels with SM? There just happens to be one major problems with Misty returning.

That problem would be how Misty breaks free from the prison that is the Cerulean Gym? Do her sisters finally take on the responsibility so that their younger sister can pursue her dream? Given that it's been roughly 15 years since we last saw Misty on the anime, it's hard to argue that her sisters have changed to the point where she can even make a cameo appearance(much less join the show for a considerable amount of time) since her sisters are completely incapable of running things(hence she always has to go back).

Granted, I'd love to see her again, even if she's there for a vacation(which is how Ash got there in the first place). Considering the region is a hot spot for Water Pokemon and is a vacation paradise, it'd be an ideal vacation spot for Misty. Tack on a potential rivalry with Lana or a friendship forming into a Master/Apprentice relationship, the potential for Misty returning is indeed there. Heck there is potential animosity with Lana if she sees Lana scolding her younger sisters(Might hit a raw nerve with Misty).

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
The allure of Misty returning is something fans have been discussing for at least a decade now. Of all the former Pokegirls, and considering SM's setting, it would make sense to have a Water Gym Leader pursuing her goal of finding, catching and mastering Water type Pokemon. I mean in all the seasons, Misty was at home in the Orange islands because she was surrounded by Water. Anyone see the parallels with SM? There just happens to be one major problems with Misty returning.

That problem would be how Misty breaks free from the prison that is the Cerulean Gym? Do her sisters finally take on the responsibility so that their younger sister can pursue her dream? Given that it's been roughly 15 years since we last saw Misty on the anime, it's hard to argue that her sisters have changed to the point where she can even make a cameo appearance(much less join the show for a considerable amount of time) since her sisters are completely incapable of running things(hence she always has to go back).

Granted, I'd love to see her again, even if she's there for a vacation(which is how Ash got there in the first place). Considering the region is a hot spot for Water Pokemon and is a vacation paradise, it'd be an ideal vacation spot for Misty. Tack on a potential rivalry with Lana or a friendship forming into a Master/Apprentice relationship, the potential for Misty returning is indeed there. Heck there is potential animosity with Lana if she sees Lana scolding her younger sisters(Might hit a raw nerve with Misty).

If the Luvdisc Chronicles episode is of any indication, if ANYONE is fit to take over the gym and has potential to be an outstanding gym leader when put to the task, it's Daisy. After all, she did risk her life and limb to save that Luvdisc of hers when it got kidnapped. Either way, even Misty's sisters were better at running a gym than Lola, Forrest, and Flint EVER were.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 28, 2017
Idk if s/he's still around, but I'd like to congratulate Weedle.
I know s/he didn't want just a cameo, but that's still awesome.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
Idk if s/he's still around, but I'd like to congratulate Weedle.
I know s/he didn't want just a cameo, but that's still awesome.

Yeah, I'm still here (and I'm a "he").

And thanks. I'm still waiting until September 21 before I can officially declare victory, though. And in the meantime, I'll probably still collect signatures at Dragon Con as a fallback strategy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back