• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What if Ash got a job?

kyuubi93

What a bother
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 24, 2018
Despite the fact it seems like the writers are never going to retire Ash, I still think this a fun thought to poke around. Think about it, what if Ash got a job? I think he'd be one hell of a delivery driver. #TarousDeliveryService

Jokes aside, I mean, what if Ash moved on from Pokemon training and into a full fledged career in the Pokemon world? There's a lot of possibilities.

I don't think he'd become a gym leader based on his nomadic personality, but if he was, what type do you think he would specialize in? I think flying would be a good type with the diverse set of flying type Pokemon he has, that combined with his unique battling style would make a tough challenge for any trainer. However, since he denied a Frontier Brain position, he probably wouldn't be a gym leader.

However, if he was a Frontier Brain, what kind of challenges do you think he would present to the trainer? I don't think he'd specialize in one type like a gym leader, I think he would more than likely be an aggressive challenge.

I think what would most fit Ash is becoming a Pokemon Ranger. Based on his love for Pokemon, I could easily seeing him fall in love with making a career out of being a Pokemon Ranger. Plus, since he's so inclined to release them Having the Pokemon temporarily would also suit his nature. He would definitely be a great Pokemon Ranger, I feel like the entire concept just suits his personality.

CidHazard

just a miserable pile of secrets
Years
^This Really it's that's perfect job for him...

If the frontier brain position is no longer available, he could join the International Police... Like Looker and Anabel.

CodeHelmet

Banned
Years
Well considering at least one person on Youtube ships Ash and Serena in a Pokemon Ranger set-up, Pokemon Ranger is probably a popular choice among the fan base considering how logical of a choice it happens to be. He loves the world of Pokemon, hence traveling around and being of assistance to any person or Pokemon in need. He's fearless, rash(which you have to be at times to protect what you love) and an indomitable spirit that is perfect for the role.

Frontier Brain or Gym Leader probably wouldn't be his style, although his love for battling does give this career path a lot of potential. However, if he's a Champion of a region, you don't need to be a Gym Leader or Frontier Brain to receive challenges(he gets them from aspiring trainers looking to be #1 like he is).

Another choice, and one that is probably less popular but is still in the realm of possibility, is him settling down into a simple life of a farm or daycare for Pokemon. The latter is more of a possibility due to Angie, a girl he met in Sinnoh at a Pokemon Summer Camp in the same manner that he met Serena back in Kanto during his childhood. Angie has a huge crush on Ash and honestly I think Angie might have the courage(in time) to ask him for his hand since they're so similar in personality. In fact, one could argue that Angie is the Female form of Ash that if together, no challenge or task is too great for them to handle.

Of the career paths, I'd go with Champion first(it fits with his Pokemon Master dream), Pokemon Ranger and then simple life.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
I think it was stated that whilr Ash admires the Pokemon Ranger he would rather be a trainer. I'd have to rewatch the ranger episodes, tbough.

Definitely leaning towards Champion. Already right uo his alley on what he is already doing and is a step in the direction of becoming a Pokemon Master. No need to throw him off course. Frontier Brain could work, as well, though it seems Champions get more freedom to travel than the brains.

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Well considering at least one person on Youtube ships Ash and Serena in a Pokemon Ranger set-up, Pokemon Ranger is probably a popular choice among the fan base considering how logical of a choice it happens to be. He loves the world of Pokemon, hence traveling around and being of assistance to any person or Pokemon in need. He's fearless, rash(which you have to be at times to protect what you love) and an indomitable spirit that is perfect for the role.

Frontier Brain or Gym Leader probably wouldn't be his style, although his love for battling does give this career path a lot of potential. However, if he's a Champion of a region, you don't need to be a Gym Leader or Frontier Brain to receive challenges(he gets them from aspiring trainers looking to be #1 like he is).

Another choice, and one that is probably less popular but is still in the realm of possibility, is him settling down into a simple life of a farm or daycare for Pokemon. The latter is more of a possibility due to Angie, a girl he met in Sinnoh at a Pokemon Summer Camp in the same manner that he met Serena back in Kanto during his childhood. Angie has a huge crush on Ash and honestly I think Angie might have the courage(in time) to ask him for his hand since they're so similar in personality. In fact, one could argue that Angie is the Female form of Ash that if together, no challenge or task is too great for them to handle.

Of the career paths, I'd go with Champion first(it fits with his Pokemon Master dream), Pokemon Ranger and then simple life.
Lets not put ash career with armorshipping. Ash can have a job without that rubbish. I rather see him as a Frontier Brain. Champion is out of the question as he always loses. He has no ambition to be a gym leader. Being a ranger is no good because you can't own pokemon you catch with styler.

So frontier brain logical choice.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jun 19, 2019
A champion title would suit him, but with more freedom like Alder has.

I honestly have no idea what else would suit him. I think he'd never settle down for a job but what would he be interested in doing except training and battling?

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Apr 14, 2018
He already has a job. He's a jobber in the Pokemon League.

I would like him to be a Frontier Brain, though. Or the Gym Leader of Viridian City.

Taste of Tea

Hoenn confirmed
Years
I can't see him ever working tbh. Even if he grows up a century from now, I think he'll always focus on his Pokemon journey and remain as a nomad.

Back