• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Help Thread: Simple Help / Quick Questions

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
That's a dub error, apparently. Quoth Bulbapedia,
The first time Professor Oak talks about Professor Ivy, he refers to her as a man.
The subtitles for the scene above have Oak saying "she" in regards to Professor Ivy.

So no, probably not.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
How come ash gets more than one pokemon agaisnt one?

Like in episode 75 when ash's bulbasaur fails and ash fights with pikachu, and the other guy only got one pokemon.
Ash wouldve lost his badges if he wouldve played with just bulbasaur, but why did the other guy only get one pokemon?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I'm trying to find out which episode you're talking about- what Bulba has listed as episode 75 doesn't even have Bulbasaur in it? And everything around there is Indigo League matches, where everyone has an equal number of Pokémon available. The only episode I found around there where Bulbasaur is used and knocked out to be replaced with Pikachu is episode 77, which has a 3-on-3 battle. So... it was a fair match.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2014
I watch them on youtube and i guess the numbers are all messed up.
But i'm talking about Bad to the Bone
What i am talking about here, ash gets 2 tries, the other guy gets one.
About 4 minutes into it. That battle

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
As far as I can tell, that trainer only had one Pokémon and they never agreed to a set number of usable Pokémon in the match. Admittedly it's very strange that he should have been on his way to the League with only one, but whatever.

Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
I think he's talking about Ash battle Roxic in a 6 vs 3 battle Or Ash battling Cameron 6 vs 5 battle !
Honestly , I prefer the other way around .

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Sep 5, 2014
season 1 episode 44 charmander -> charizard

so charmander evolves into charizard in 44 and in 66 hes a charmander again?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Which 4 are you going by?

Japanese Episode 44 (US episode 42) is when Charmander evolved into Charmeleon. Problem with Paras.

US 44 is attack of the prehistoric Pokemon. Which is the episode Charmeleon evolves into Charizard.

Episode 66 in Japan is Snow way out Which was moved to a different point in the time line due to the Japanese episodes airing out of order. According to Bulbapedia, Snow way out was a Special episode and doesn't have an episode code to place it properly.

US 66 is the episode where Slowpoke evolves into Slowbro and the group were with the scientist that made the Pokedex in the Anime universe.

If you were asking about Snow way out, then its because it was a special episode and aired at a later point.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I don't see how he can be at this point, considering he's still very young and working toward that goal. Sure he's failed to win a number of tournaments, but how far he's come at his age is a feat, is it not? He can't have failed if he's still trying tbh.

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
Unfortunately I don't know of any legal streaming sites for Pokémon XY, let alone in Norwegian. Has it even been dubbed there yet? idk. But we can't provide you with links to illegal streaming sites on PC, sorry.

AJ24

Squirtle da GOAT starter
Years
Whatever happened to Ash?

I stopped watching in the middle of Jhoto League (Season 3)

So, i'm just wondering what's been happening with Ash since. Has he won at the Pokemon League yet? Or atleast has he won any other leagues like the Orange Islands? Did he start catching more pokemon than usual? Cause i know during the first 2 seasons he only caught like 10 different pokemon lol

T The Manager

RealTalkRealFlow
Years
I quit watching it as well but yeah he's caught more Pokemon, still hasn't won the Pokemon League, and he actually evolves more of his Pokemon now. I'm not the person to answer this question but I wanted to answer it anyways just to answer it.

Wobbu

bunger bunger bunger bunger
Years
To sum it all up:
Like Sour-D said, Ash still hasn't won any leagues, although he has won smaller tournaments. He is catching more Pokémon and evolving them, too! Most of them, anyways. Ash has become slightly more serious about being a Trainer, which takes a little away from his sense of humor (and the anime's humor in general) but he has definitely improved his skills, and humor is still present. Some of his notable Pokémon starting from Advanced include: Sceptile, Swellow, Corphish, Infernape, Gliscor, Buizel, Staraptor, Oshawott, Snivy, Pignite, and Krokorok, but he has caught many more Pokémon than that.

Your question can certainly exhibit a large response, but there's only one definite answer, so that's why I moved it here~

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
  • Age 33
  • UK
  • Seen Aug 18, 2021
I stopped watching in the middle of Jhoto League (Season 3)

So, i'm just wondering what's been happening with Ash since. Has he won at the Pokemon League yet? Or atleast has he won any other leagues like the Orange Islands? Did he start catching more pokemon than usual? Cause i know during the first 2 seasons he only caught like 10 different pokemon lol

He defeated the Battle Frontier and was offered a job as a Frontier Brain, but declined. Ash got the furthest in a league in DP, and only really lost because he battled a cheap guy using legendarys. He's won quite a few mini-tournaments.

Years
Ash isn't evolving any of his pokemon, they are evolving on their own accord.

Ash is catching around 6-10 pokemon in each region so he hasn't really caught that much more than he previously has done in other regions.

Years
Help me found a soundtrack

i searched several times to find the soundtrack in this video at 2:20
/watch?v=SvD1jrTrz6w (couldnt post the whole link cause i dont have 15 posts)
but didnt find something..

Do you guys know how it is called :D ?

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
i searched several times to find the soundtrack in this video at 2:20
/watch?v=SvD1jrTrz6w (couldnt post the whole link cause i dont have 15 posts)
but didnt find something..

Do you guys know how it is called :D ?
MAN THAT ONE WAS ACTUALLY REALLY HARD AUGH. Knew it was from the first movie but god finding samples to confirm that is so hard. Got it though! Tears of Life, from the American OST of Mewtwo Strikes Back. The bit that shows up in the episode starts around 2:20, incidentally.

Back