• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pok?mon Blazed Glazed

tudou

also: Datudou, Cyanyans
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Pokémon Blazed Glazed

Blazed Glazed:

NOTE: This is not entirely my work. This is a hack of Pokemon Glazed, made by redriders180, or Lucbui.
In addition, I got redriders180's permission to post this. Have some visual proof!
Spoiler:

For those uninformed about Pokemon Glazed, here's the forum post.
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=292279

My goal was creating a fun, challenging, yet mostly fair experience. Having played Pokemon Glazed a few times, I noticed that there were some things that could be done to improve the experience. I initially made the hack to implement moves from later generations that weren't present. However, I went further, and the little project bloomed into something that I would never have imagined.

Features:
- New moves from Generations 4-6
- Plenty of changes regarding Pokemon, including stat changes, movepool additions, typing changes, altered wild distributions, and even new Pokemon altogether.
- Movesets and rosters given a complete overhaul, making the early-game a lot less punishing and increasing the challenge of the late-game.

The plot, the large majority of the dialogue, and the tilesets remain unedited (although there are some very rare map changes).
Have some screenshots!

Spoiler:

Derps and bugs:
Spoiler:

Key Information:
Spoiler:

Here's the level ranges of the gyms/E4/Champions.
Spoiler:

More information will be available in the documents included in the patch.

Special Thanks:
Spoiler:

Finally, here is the download:
Version 1.3

Apply the patch to Emerald by using NUPS.
If you have trouble patching this, try selecting "Ignore" instead of "Abort".

Previous versions:

Any comments, questions, or critiques are appreciated. This hack is done for the most part, but there is likely more to do.

Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
what a fantastic hack i should download now and play this

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2015
Awesome ! One of the glazed flawless is the terrible pokémon movesets and bad distribution, I always wanted Starly in the early game but it´s not even in this game lol plus the sprites sucks since only a few of them have been replaced as well.
Are you willing to use the 721 pokémon or just replacing some for better ones ? Add Starly pls xD
Whice new moves are inserted ?
Are you willing to add Mega pokémon ?
Also this game lacks of 6th gen pokémon, the starters are obtainnable in the hell of the last region >_> If you fix this will be great.

tudou

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
Awesome ! One of the glazed flawless is the terrible pokémon movesets and bad distribution, I always wanted Starly in the early game but it´s not even in this game lol plus the sprites sucks since only a few of them have been replaced as well.
Are you willing to use the 721 pokémon or just replacing some for better ones ? Add Starly pls xD
Whice new moves are inserted ?
Are you willing to add Mega pokémon ?
Also this game lacks of 6th gen pokémon, the starters are obtainnable in the hell of the last region >_> If you fix this will be great.

I'm just replacing Pokemon to implement others, because there were some Pokemon that weren't really going to be seeing use with much better options around. I may implement more Pokemon in the future, but for now I'm content with the current selection.

A list of the new moves can be found in one of the documents included in the download.

Mega evolution seems like a lot of work to implement, as I am not fond of the method of using regular evolution for megas. However, I did include a way to get Mega Lucario, which was already in the game in the original Glazed.

The Kalos starters are now obtainable much, much earlier. There's also some added 6th gen Pokemon as well, such as the Goomy and Phantump lines.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
This is a really interesting thing you've done. I'm kind of saddened that the Spore move tutor is gone, I loved having that 100% sleep move on my team. Aside from that, are you planning on fixing the bugs (if possible)? I recall there were some (possibly under-exaggerating) bugs in the latest patch.

tudou

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
This is a really interesting thing you've done. I'm kind of saddened that the Spore move tutor is gone, I loved having that 100% sleep move on my team. Aside from that, are you planning on fixing the bugs (if possible)? I recall there were some (possibly under-exaggerating) bugs in the latest patch.

If there are any major bugs, I am unsure if I can fix them, but at least I can do work-arounds. The only really huge one I remember was being unable to get off the Rankor Ferry when you explore the ship, but I'm thinking of just placing an person on the boat that warps you to a different location if you need to be.
I have fixed a few bugs, though: some move data that was incorrect in the past is now correct (130 accuracy hi-jump-kick, seems legit) and used Doesnknowhowtoplay's PSS patch to fix Counter, Mirror Coat, and the weather boosts.

unIQuE-_-SK

Rocket Grunt
Years
Great hack mate, made it to skiing event so far, but oh man the ammount of fun I have had, especialy reusable tms come in handy and found zero glitches so far, keep at it cheers

Years
  • Seen Nov 12, 2021
The point of that hack was to make pokemon glazed but with an updated battle engine, more or less. Right ?

Then, don't hesitate to add new abilities, that'd be awesome :)

tudou

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
The point of that hack was to make pokemon glazed but with an updated battle engine, more or less. Right ?

Then, don't hesitate to add new abilities, that'd be awesome :)

Definitely going to consider that. I believe that stuff like Technician would be a good addition.

tudou

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
I have managed to add some abilities to the game. However, a few of them receive very limited distribution, and I would like some input about how to distribute them to Pokemon that don't normally get them.
Here's a list of what abilities are implemented, and the Pokemon present in Blazed Glazed that get them. The ones not in parentheses get them normally via regular or hidden abilities, while the ones in parentheses are hypothetical recipients, due to the ability belonging to their Mega Evolution, makes sense flavor-wise, or grants the Pokemon a niche that can be exploited.

Sniper: Skorupi Line, Spearow line, Beedrill, Horsea line
Tough Claws: Nothing (Aerodactyl, Charizard, Metagross)
Technician: Scizor, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Breloom, Roserade, Ambipom (Weavile)
Adaptability: Eevee, Porygon-Z, Feebas (Beedrill)
Strong Jaw: Nothing (Feraligatr, Drapion, Luxray)
Mega Launcher: Nothing (Blastoise, Genesect, Magmortar)
Iron Fist: Infernape, Hitmonchan, Timburr Line, Golett line
Sand Force: Diglett line (Gible line, Steelix, Sandshrew line)

Of course, the list isn't final. I just want some feedback of what Pokemon should get what abilities, and what should be changed (Tough Claws Metagross might be a bit over the edge, for example). You can also suggest other Pokemon to get the new abilities, if you want.

goranthegreat

Could you add Pixilate and give it to Sylveon and Gardevoir as a second ability instead of Natural cure - Trace

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Nov 30, 2015
defiant, download, flare boost,gale wings,hydratation,magic bounce,magic guard,mold breaker,moxie,multiscale,no guard,prankster,protean,sheer force and unaware.

I think these are the most relevant ones, add the most of them as possible please.

Could you release the current obtainnable pokémon list ?

tudou

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jan 8, 2024
defiant, download, flare boost,gale wings,hydratation,magic bounce,magic guard,mold breaker,moxie,multiscale,no guard,prankster,protean,sheer force and unaware.

I think these are the most relevant ones, add the most of them as possible please.

Could you release the current obtainnable pokémon list ?

It depends on the time I have to research how to implement some of these, and the availability of ASM routines for them, but we'll see. I will probably just update with the abilities I have though. Although a few are naturally with low distribution (flare boost and gale wings both belong to one line). I might increase the distribution, but I don't want to stray too far from vanilla.
I attached the document containing all the Pokemon and their locations in the original Glazed. It was available on the Glazed thread on Pokecommunity before the breach and currently on the Glazed facebook page. Combine that with the information in the documents contained in the patch download and you should have a good idea what's in the game and what's not.

Attachments

• LocationsOfAllPokemon.txt
    76.7 KB · Views: 761
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen May 14, 2016
I have managed to add some abilities to the game. However, a few of them receive very limited distribution, and I would like some input about how to distribute them to Pokemon that don't normally get them.
Here's a list of what abilities are implemented, and the Pokemon present in Blazed Glazed that get them. The ones not in parentheses get them normally via regular or hidden abilities, while the ones in parentheses are hypothetical recipients, due to the ability belonging to their Mega Evolution, makes sense flavor-wise, or grants the Pokemon a niche that can be exploited.

Sniper: Skorupi Line, Spearow line, Beedrill, Horsea line
Tough Claws: Nothing (Aerodactyl, Charizard, Metagross)
Technician: Scizor, Smeargle, Hitmontop, Breloom, Roserade, Ambipom (Weavile)
Adaptability: Eevee, Porygon-Z, Feebas (Beedrill)
Strong Jaw: Nothing (Feraligatr, Drapion, Luxray)
Mega Launcher: Nothing (Blastoise, Genesect, Magmortar)
Iron Fist: Infernape, Hitmonchan, Timburr Line, Golett line
Sand Force: Diglett line (Gible line, Steelix, Sandshrew line)

Of course, the list isn't final. I just want some feedback of what Pokemon should get what abilities, and what should be changed (Tough Claws Metagross might be a bit over the edge, for example). You can also suggest other Pokemon to get the new abilities, if you want.

These new abilities are implemented in current version 1.1? Or next release?

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I found a massive issue. My Ekans' Glare has no effect on ghost pokemon. Glare is a status move, even in the current metagame it has effect on ghost pokemon regardless of the typing. I can get electric pokemon not being harmed by paralysis but regardless of the circumstances Glare should not be blocked by any type. The only thing that blocks it should be abilities that target specific statuses or statuses in general like Limber or other similar abilities.

Years
The TM grass knot is available twice.. One in serenity isle and the other one from route just before ocean view city..

Back