• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

What should Ash do post SM?

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
Please stop replying to me. I really don't want to discuss pokemon with you.

Anyway, ash is gonna lose every gen regardless of what others say.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020

We're on a Pokémon forum, which deals with discussing Pokémon with anyone who is present. If you don't wish to discuss Pokémon with me, I suggest you leave. Well, I'd also suggest you add me to your ignore list, but I can tell you from personal experience from adding someone to my ignore list that that didn't work due to the archive/index.php bit.

And he's not going to lose this gen, not because he'll actually win, but because there's no league for him to lose, so how can he lose when there isn't a league for him to lose in the first place. Now, next gen, maybe he'll lose, if they actually return to the league format. But I personally doubt that he'll lose even there, considering that with Johto, Sinnoh, and Kalos, he increased in rank (with Johto, he went from Top 16 to Top 8, with Sinnoh, he went from Top 8 to Top 4, and with Kalos, he went from the Top 8 demotion he got from Unova up to Runner Up). They'd alienate even their current audience if they had Ash basically turn out the same as in Unova (and I doubt the writers would have forgotten the twitter storm among even the Japanese they got in Kalos when they had Ash lose against Alain).

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
I am not leaving. You can but not me. I see Ash failing graduation. I do not seeing him passing. I always thought ash going back to school was rubbish. But the show has gone down since unova. Alola is not getting any better.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I am not leaving. You can but not me. I see Ash failing graduation. I do not seeing him passing. I always thought ash going back to school was rubbish. But the show has gone down since unova. Alola is not getting any better.

I don't like SM any more than you do, and I also think the show has become rubbish (though if you ask me, the rot started before Unova), but saying Ash is going to flunk school is not a very likely aspect. I can understand him being likely to lose a league, since they'd need to have him go to the next region anyways, but the whole school element wasn't even in the games anyways, so there's zero reason for him to lose here. Not to mention, technically, he was allowed to win the Orange Islands and Battle Frontier, and the latter at least wasn't even a league. At least wait until Gen 8 comes out before we start speculating on whether Ash will lose or fail or what have you. At least there, the speculation would make reasonable sense.

And I have no intention of leaving the site. After all, this is a discussion forum for Pokémon, right? Well, we talk Pokémon, regardless of whether its with people we like or hate, since we are supposed to talk about Pokémon here.

Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Feb 25, 2018
I'm backseat moderating here, but there is an ignore user function guys (click on the user name and click ignore).

Years

Alright, I haven't said anything for a long time now but I guess it's time now. First of all, be more polite to other users, if you don't want to discuss with someone, then don't reply to him. Second, you must respect everyone's opinion, despite the fact you don't agree with these. Third, I suggest you to behave and calm down. Pokecommunity is a forum to discuss about Pokemon. Please, don't continue this behaviour, thanks!

Years
I do admit Weedle has a point regarding Alola's absence of a traditional league and that it means Ash will not lose a league this time since his main quest has been the Pokemon School, which doesn't have any league-related stuff to do with it.

Then there was the fact that if you discount the regression of Ash's placement in Unova, he did get progressively better with every league. If a league does happen in the 8th Gen region, hopefully the writers will have learned from the controversy of the Kalos League result, which unfortunately sealed Alain's fate for me as an invincible Gary Stu character that I want to hate so much which was a shame because he had potential but blew it.

Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2020
I'm backseat moderating here, but there is an ignore user function guys (click on the user name and click ignore).

That's unfortunately not going to work, since it still shows the post on Archive/Index.php format. Thanks for trying to moderate and stop the argument between us, though. I mean it.

And yeah, let's hope that with the next Generation, they DO learn their lesson with Kalos. The past leagues have had some negative reception to Ash losing, sure, but never to THIS level where the Japanese viewers actually took to Twitter to call them out. Of course, we also must not forget Hoenn, which also was similar to Unova in that Ash didn't get progressively better (sure, he didn't get WORSE unlike with Unova, but he made zero change in his ranking from Johto).

Alexander18

Banned
Years
  • Age 32
  • NZ
  • Seen Dec 29, 2017
They could save the poni areas that were unlocked post game in SM for post anime for Ash. Battle Tree could happen.

Back