• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokemon Victory Fire (Version 2.72 Released)

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
I've been playing this hack and i find it really fun and time consuming. I love the fact that this game has a few gen 7 pokemon which i find pretty cool. great hack though so if anybodys questioning to play it i suggest try it out.

bh02032002

Currently open for rom hack beta testing.
Years
hey guys this is just a review of the game in general so let's get started (as i have finished the game)
NOTE: don't read this review unless you don't mind a few minor spoilers or beat the game
Spoiler:

so that's all i have so the final score will be 8.5/10, a pretty good game that should have (if it didn't) hack of the year (but not the best hack iv'e played).

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen today
Can you add wireless communation I mean how we fight WITH our friends trade pokemon you know when we go up that stairs in pokemon center wireless communation?

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Jul 4, 2023
I played this a little bit back (a year give or take), before it had grammar fixed. While it was kinda fun to chuckle looking at the grammatical errors, it was really nice to come back after that time to see all the grammar fixed. Really well done game. I enjoyed it a lot then and I'm looking forward to playing through it again.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
There is quite a lot of unnecessary exposition during story events, but thats my only real issue with the game so far.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Hey how the heck do I advance after getting the seventh badge? The sea south of Halfleaf City is totally blocked off from the islands to the west, and none of the dive spots seem to lead to them either.

rainbow545

Banned
Years
Tried patching with two different Emerald ROM's, no luck. What's the name of the Emerald Rom i need to patch this? i'm using NUPS, and it gives me an error every time i try to patch. Attempting to patch the latest version, but no matter what Emerald Rom i use, it doesn't work. Help!

RichterSnipes

Not even a nibble...
Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Dec 1, 2023
Tried patching with two different Emerald ROM's, no luck. What's the name of the Emerald Rom i need to patch this? i'm using NUPS, and it gives me an error every time i try to patch. Attempting to patch the latest version, but no matter what Emerald Rom i use, it doesn't work. Help!
Change the "If the file is invalid" setting from "Abort" to anything else. It's likely that the patch was initially created from a ROM that isn't quite 100% unedited.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Jan 16, 2024
Hey how the heck do I advance after getting the seventh badge? The sea south of Halfleaf City is totally blocked off from the islands to the west, and none of the dive spots seem to lead to them either.

You've probably found it out by yourself now but there is a dive spot that will take you past the rocks and to the islands to the west.

So where an I find a TM for Sludge bomb in this game?

In the city where the 7th badge is fought for. There is a building that has a person who will sell you every TM in the game.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
where is that particular dive spot exactly? I keep failing to find the right one

Years
  • Age 20
  • Seen Aug 16, 2019
How can I get politoed and ambipom ??? Ambipom learnset doesn't have Double Hit, how can I evolve it???

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
Does anyone have a pokemon location list? Trying to look for a Litten or some other mostly current fire type.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Nov 11, 2022
The level gaps were fine until you reach the ice type gym city omg! Does anyone know where to grind before the 8th badge? I'm like 10 levels below everyone. Perhaps a lucky egg location if anyone know.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Apr 5, 2023
I've just finished this game. This game may be years old, but I'd still like to point out my main issues with the game. Feel free to let me know of any reasonings for these decisions:

-Levels too high and unreasonable. Level grinding would be a real pain without infinite exp cheats (use Crystal or Platinum as reference for better level sets).
-Late game normal trainers have more than 2 healing items. Why? Just give 1 to late game normal trainers, 2 for Antagonists/Gym Leaders, 4 for Elite 4/Challenge Guards, 6 for Champion/Challenge Master.
-Boss' aces unreasonable (e.g. 1st gym leader has Porygon-Z)...why?
-Learnsets/movesets inaccurate (e.g. Scraggy doesn't learn Low Kick at lv. 1, Magnezone has Iron Tail, Absol has Barrier)
-Western Tyron rushed? I am unable to fly to southern-western towns including Challenge Bridge
-Character designs questionable: why swords?
-map too large/overextended; too much unnecessary space/space with nothing or just tall grass
-Why dragon/fighting Axew line? Makes no sense
-Music: unbalanced. There are odd 8-bit like tunes that overpower the overall themes, making them difficult to listen to (e.g. Trainer Battle theme).
-Event tile placement to get Dive is questionable. Why not disable Escape Rope/Dig use inside the Storage Room and put the event tile in front of the front entrance?
-Sky Tunnel: almost copy-pasted from Victory Road (Hoenn) 1F-B1F. Not so much a major issue, but still feels lazy.
-Pokemon sprites like Lopunny and Victini (back sprite) (Drapion from Mega Power is another good example) are squished. Again, not a major issue, but still unsettling nonetheless.

Last edited:

Caecae97

Son of Mewtwo
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Mar 8, 2024
I can't figure out how to evolve my Lampent, I've got a Fire Stone, but it won't let me use it on it

Back