• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokémon SkyLine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
U never said that it was impossible since Jagold was extreme enough to script the skyline chip battle into the game, I am doubting that he cannot do so. U actually never told me that it is impossible that's why I said it.
I'm saying that as a countermeasure because nothing's technically impossible but this is as close to impossible as possible.

Murkrow

Nasty Plotting
Years
  • Seen Nov 13, 2023
well u can give blaziken speed boost since that is a 3rd gen ability,
but technician is a no-no as it does not exist in 3rd gen and require massive hacking (which i dont think anyone has done yet) to implement in 3rd gen.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
Guys, seriously, calm down and respect each other, please?

Anyway, no, I won't be adding any 4th or 5th generation PKMN, items, moves, abilities. Only reason why, is that it's beyond my abilities. =/

well u can give blaziken speed boost since that is a 3rd gen ability,
but technician is a no-no as it does not exist in 3rd gen and require massive hacking (which i dont think anyone has done yet) to implement in 3rd gen.

I'll try and consider that one.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Do u actually frigging expect me to look at all the pages. I am not a regular follower of this, I do have a life, I don't waste my entire day looking at countless pages and see his response. I never knew that he was not gonna put them into the game since I never had and never will have any intentions of going through all the pages and looking at other streams of comments. I am new btw and that's basically it. No need for 4th gen evos but u gotta admit, without Brave Bird and other moves, Pidgeot and other flying types r not that useful. But however I accept it and that's that.
This is the first comment where you've said that you accept that.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, either. I'm just pointing out that your question was answered the first time (SS Goku six days ago said "Because those evolutions are from 4th gen, while he only want to use Pokemon from the first three gen? But even if he want to add them, he can't do it without removing some of the 386 Pokemon already ingame.") and yet you kept making posts suggesting that there had to be a way to do it. Continuing to post as if you never saw the answer just makes yourself look bad. I don't mind pointing that out. Again, no offense is or was intended.

Cyclone

Years
This is the first comment where you've said that you accept that.

I'm not trying to pick a fight, either. I'm just pointing out that your question was answered the first time (SS Goku six days ago said "Because those evolutions are from 4th gen, while he only want to use Pokemon from the first three gen? But even if he want to add them, he can't do it without removing some of the 386 Pokemon already ingame.") and yet you kept making posts suggesting that there had to be a way to do it. Continuing to post as if you never saw the answer just makes yourself look bad. I don't mind pointing that out. Again, no offense is or was intended.

Cyclone
I am not trying to pick a fight with u my friend. The thing which I only do is read the introduction and skip over to the last page for any other new updates, that's what I do. I am only doing this in the first place because u see, I am kinda of a competitive wifi player and without the new abilities and moves using these pokes won't be the same. However I do consider this as a challenge and I looking forward to playing this hack. However I need to ask though, will the physical/special split be there?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I am not trying to pick a fight with u my friend. The thing which I only do is read the introduction and skip over to the last page for any other new updates, that's what I do. I am only doing this in the first place because u see, I am kinda of a competitive wifi player and without the new abilities and moves using these pokes won't be the same. However I do consider this as a challenge and I looking forward to playing this hack. However I need to ask though, will the physical/special split be there?
I always go into a hack expecting it to follow what the same Pokémon had available in 3rd gen. and never expect anything more. I'm playing Light Platinum right now and discovered in a video of what's ahead of me that the Guardian Tower has a grunt whose Scraggy knows Fly, and whose Mienfoo knows some new move called "Fire Blow" (perhaps renamed now, I'll find out when I get there but that move has nothing on Bulbapedia). These strange additions I always find - well - strange, but in terms of actual Pokémon from the actual generation, I never expect to see anything more than what that Pokémon had in that generation, and when deciding what moves to add, always check their original movesets not expecting anything added. 4th and 5th gen. added to a game I obviously can't do that with because there will be big changes; for instance, I could have taught Giga Drain to a Snover in place of a later-gen. move not in the hack.

It would be cool if moves could be added and accurate movesets created for the 4th gen. additions (especially starters), but you can't ask for everything. :)

Cyclone

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 9, 2017
This is great. I have played the ruby destiny series and i loved it. The hacks you make are great jagold. Also i hope you continue your hack making series after this game, even if you said you wouldn't. But hey you did say its over after the ruby destiny series and...here we are.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
Hey destinedjagold I know you said that you won't add 4th/5th generation pokemon but maybe if I lot of people agree with me can you just add LEAFEON and GLACEON and this hack is awesome so far

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
This is great. I have played the ruby destiny series and i loved it. The hacks you make are great jagold. Also i hope you continue your hack making series after this game, even if you said you wouldn't. But hey you did say its over after the ruby destiny series and...here we are.
You should respect djg's decision more than that. Rom hacking is a hobby and I think he's already made his mind about it, to quit after finishing this hack. As doing it as a hacker myself, I know that you may take the hobby too seriously leaving what's important, aside. No one should push him to continue doing it. I'll say, everyone, let him think over things himself. If he decides to come back to the scene later, it will be of his own desire, not of anybody else.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2023
You should respect djg's decision more than that. Rom hacking is a hobby and I think he's already made his mind about it, to quit after finishing this hack. As doing it as a hacker myself, I know that you may take the hobby too seriously leaving what's important, aside. No one should push him to continue doing it. I'll say, everyone, let him think over things himself. If he decides to come back to the scene later, it will be of his own desire, not of anybody else.

Uh... I never said that I will no longer hack or leave the scene when I'm done with SkyLine. :\
Maybe I will, maybe I won't. Dunno for the moment, but meh~

Hey destinedjagold I know you said that you won't add 4th/5th generation pokemon but maybe if I lot of people agree with me can you just add LEAFEON and GLACEON and this hack is awesome so far

Believe me, I really would love to add them (because Leafeon and Glaceon are favorites of my two younger siblings). But I don't know how to add a new PKMN without replacing the already existing ones, and I don't even know how to increase the maximum evolution of one PKMN (3rd gen has only 5 as maximum)...

---

Anyway, small update.
I made progress with editing the trainers. I just finished editing those in Spring Field. When I can get free time again, I'll continue the editing until AceWood, and then continue making 'real' progress. ;)

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
Hey destinedjagold you said in one of the messages that maybe you would remove sunkern and sunflora(there way to weak to be even used...........no offense to those who use them) so maybe you can remove them and add the awesome sinnoh duo LEAFEON and GLACEON.
You can also separate(they don't evolve) the other five(JOLTEON,VAPOREON,FLAREON,ESPEON,UMBREON) with those two and make like a special cave or something where you can catch them..........

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hey destinedjagold you said in one of the messages that maybe you would remove sunkern and sunflora(there way to weak to be even used...........no offense to those who use them) so maybe you can remove them and add the awesome sinnoh duo LEAFEON and GLACEON.
You can also separate(they don't evolve) the other five(JOLTEON,VAPOREON,FLAREON,ESPEON,UMBREON) with those two and make like a special cave or something where you can catch them..........
No offense, but can you read? He just said he can't. And someone else higher up said that even if he did add them, there's no way to evolve them (in other words, it would be necessary to put them in the wild, which these types literally never are). How do I know this? Glaceon needs an Ice Rock (see Twist Mountain in B/W for an example) and Leafeon requires a Moss Rock (see Pinwheel Forest). The mechanics to evolve using these do not exist in the ROM base. So quit asking for them.

Please stop harassing DJG to do something he has already said he will not do. Things like this could discourage him from doing hacking in the future.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2013
No offense, but can you read? He just said he can't. And someone else higher up said that even if he did add them, there's no way to evolve them (in other words, it would be necessary to put them in the wild, which these types literally never are). How do I know this? Glaceon needs an Ice Rock (see Twist Mountain in B/W for an example) and Leafeon requires a Moss Rock (see Pinwheel Forest). The mechanics to evolve using these do not exist in the ROM base. So quit asking for them.

Please stop harassing DJG to do something he has already said he will not do. Things like this could discourage him from doing hacking in the future.

Cyclone
I just said that maybe he could remove sunkern and sunflora and replace them with glaceon and leafeon.......
Also he could make eevee evolve in leafeon via leaf stone
And a female eevee into glaceon with water stone(male for vaporeon)
AND I also mentioned that maybe he could make a cave (like a EON cave) with all the eeveelutions in it .

Oh and DJG if you still think it can't work then I will leave it be.................awesome hack so far

Last edited:

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I just said that maybe he could remove sunkern and sunflora and replace them with glaceon and leafeon.......
AND I also mentioned that maybe he could make a cave (like a EON cave) with all the eeveelutions in it .

Oh and DJG if you still think it can't work then I will leave it be.................awesome hack so far
Water Stone for an Ice evolution I never considered, I did mention Leaf Stone for Leafeon once somewhere in this or another thread. But the point is, he already said he can't add them in response to you. That should end that discussion. No need to keep posting saying, "Well, get rid of this and put them here" - he's already said he doesn't have the skillz to do that. ;)

Cyclone

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years

Why can't you just read... I already said it wouldn't be possible to evolve them from Eevee!
Eevee has 5 evolutions and that's most you can get.
It's impossible to have 7 evolutions of one Pokémon in 3rd game.

Years
This is starting to become a habit but I have a white screen when I load the Rom my ruby is USA save type is automatic I tried 128k and nothing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back