• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Please suggest a Pokemon Black team for me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I'm getting Pokemon Black for my birthday and I need a team to use in-game!

My Trainer's Name: Nichole

Starter: Oshawott

Post if you can find the best combinations!

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Just so you know, we're not supposed to build your team for you. Choose 6 Pokemon you want post them, then we can rate them...

IceSage

Sage of Ice
Years
Build a team first, and we can swap, arrange, and replace moves and Pokemon later, for what works well with something else.

Years
I'm trying to use these combinations, and I want you to rate the best.

(A)
th_503samurott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_549lilligant.png
th_500emboar.png
th_581swanna.png
th_576gothitelle.png

Lilligant is up there because in the game you can trade Cottonee for a Petilil.

(B)
th_503samurott.png
th_514simisear.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_530excadrill.png
th_523zebstrika.png
th_542leavanny.png

(C)
th_503samurott.png
th_528swoobat.png
th_555darmanitan-standard.png
th_586sawsbuck-spring.png
th_596galvantula.png
th_620mienshao.png

(D)
th_503samurott.png
th_630mandibuzz.png
th_637volcarona.png
th_598ferrothorn.png
th_604eelektross.png
th_573cinccino.png

(E)
th_503samurott.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_547whimsicott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_576gothitelle.png

(F)
th_503samurott.png
th_635hydreigon.png
th_643reshiram.png
th_561sigilyph.png
th_523zebstrika.png

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
I would use the one with Nuttrei in it, just because he's freaking amazing--eats up damage like a boss and Iron Barbs = death to all. You also have Urgamoth on the same team, which is a definite plus. Shibirudon is also a very good Pokemon with a very diverse movepool. Urgamoth is nigh impossible to raise and use before the E4 (but I did it in my first run-through anyway).

Oh, yeah. I meant Ferrothorn, Volcarona, and Eelektross.

(D)

(C) is also good (it's basically what my team is now, except the starter was Smugleag, who I dropped for Ferrothorn, the bug was Pendoraa and the Fighting-type was Zuruzukin). Darmanitan is absolute win (but make sure your Darumaka has Hustle and not Inner Focus) and Swoobat is pretty versatile early-game.

If I could mix them around, I'd do
Daikenki, Symboler, Hihidaruma, Nattorei / Elfoon, Shibirudon, and Urgamoth.

Oh.

Samurott, Sigilyph, Darmanitan, Ferrothorn / Whimsicott, Eelektross, Volcarona.

Whimsicott is very good once it learns Giga Drain. Trust me.
Sigilyph is ridiculously strong--like ridiculous. And fast too. One of the times you battle N, he has one and it will sweep your team.

Last edited:

Gulpin

poisonous
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2017
(A)
th_503samurott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_549lilligant.png
th_500emboar.png
th_581swanna.png
th_576gothitelle.png

This team looks pretty good, if you don't mind trading over Tepig and such. However, you have a blazing weakness to Bug types, and if I remember correctly Ghesthis has a Volcarona and that thing is strong and will hurt you. Also, I prefer Whimsicott over lilligant, but I guess that is just a personal preferance.

(B)
th_503samurott.png
th_514simisear.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_530excadrill.png
th_523zebstrika.png
th_542leavanny.png

This team looks nice too, as long as you don't mind having your whole team before the third gym. You'll find that Simisear has a terrible moveset and is outclassed by Chandelure (and Volcarona, if you don't mind grinding). I'm not sure about Unfezant or Zebstrika, but I've heard that Zebstrika is frail and that Unfezant is pretty strong (I think). Excadrill is amazing and will help you out a lot, and Leavanny is also pretty strong, and if you use her I suggest running around a lot in Pinwheel forest to max her happiness to evolve her before the Bug gym so that she can dominate (which she did for me if I remember correctly). Also this team is crippled by Rock and Ground types, so just use your brain in those situations to counter it.

(C)
th_503samurott.png
th_528swoobat.png
th_596galvantula.png
th_620mienshao.png

This team looks fun. I used Swoobat, and it is fairly okay pre-E4 but then it is just outclassed by everything and wont do you much good, even during the E4. Darmanitan is pretty strong and should hold well, and Sawsbuck would be fun to use in my opinion. Galvantula is pretty good, and its typing provides nice type coverage. Mienshao is also good, as long as you don't mind getting it really late in the game. I suggest using Conkeldurr/Throh/Sawk since you can get them early, instead of Mienshao. Once again, this team is weak to Rock, so have Samurott and Mienshao handy in the caves.

(D)
th_503samurott.png
th_630mandibuzz.png
th_637volcarona.png
th_598ferrothorn.png
th_604eelektross.png
th_573cinccino.png

I wouldn't use this team just because you get most of them late in the game. You can't find Mandibuzz until after the 7th or 8th gym (I think), and Volcarona you will get late and will have to grind like 40 levels. Ferrothorn and Eelektross are sort of at a place that I would call the last place I would catch a team member, because you find them where it is pretty central and you wont have to grind too much, etc. I'm not sure how good Cinccino is, but she looks pretty :D Weakness wise, this team is extremely well rounded and wont easily fall to any one type.

(E)
th_503samurott.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_547whimsicott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_576gothitelle.png

I like this team as well. Chandelure is great, and I've heard Unfezant is, Whimsicott is cute and does pretty well as well, and I've heard good things about Krookodile and Gothitelle. This team has pretty bad weakness to Ice and Bug, so be sure to strategize accordingly.

(F)
th_503samurott.png
th_635hydreigon.png
th_643reshiram.png
th_561sigilyph.png
th_523zebstrika.png

The only problem with this team is that you won't get 1/3 of it until right before or during the E4. Hydreigon is awesome, and strong while at it, as is Reshiram. Sawsbuck is pretty good and would be fun to use, and Sigilyph is crazy good and a lot better than Swoobat (sorry Swoobat D:). I have heard the Zebstrika can be frail, but I don't know. This team is really weak to Ice, so just keep that in mind.

Overall, I think I would choose Team B, but replace Simisear with Chandelure and Zebstrika with Eelektross.

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
Alder has the Volcarona, not Ghetsis.
And it's 58 levels for Volcarona before E4 the first time, but then you can get a wild one for the second run-through.

Also, Hydreigon is like... Near impossible to get before the first E4 because he finishes at level 74--He's only good with breeding, so that's 73 levels of training. Zweilous is definitely not worth it because he sucks.

Eelektross completely outclasses Zebstrika.
Whimsicott~Prankster is a hell lot more useful than Lilligant and can't die ever (actually it never died when I used it because of Giga Drain).
Ferrothorn is a very, very good Pokemon. Give him a Rugged Helmet for in-game and he'll wreck anything that tries to touch him. You can just spam Curse.

Years
(A)
th_503samurott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_549lilligant.png
th_500emboar.png
th_581swanna.png
th_576gothitelle.png

This team looks pretty good, if you don't mind trading over Tepig and such. However, you have a blazing weakness to Bug types, and if I remember correctly Ghesthis has a Volcarona and that thing is strong and will hurt you. Also, I prefer Whimsicott over lilligant, but I guess that is just a personal preferance.

(B)
th_503samurott.png
th_514simisear.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_530excadrill.png
th_523zebstrika.png
th_542leavanny.png

This team looks nice too, as long as you don't mind having your whole team before the third gym. You'll find that Simisear has a terrible moveset and is outclassed by Chandelure (and Volcarona, if you don't mind grinding). I'm not sure about Unfezant or Zebstrika, but I've heard that Zebstrika is frail and that Unfezant is pretty strong (I think). Excadrill is amazing and will help you out a lot, and Leavanny is also pretty strong, and if you use her I suggest running around a lot in Pinwheel forest to max her happiness to evolve her before the Bug gym so that she can dominate (which she did for me if I remember correctly). Also this team is crippled by Rock and Ground types, so just use your brain in those situations to counter it.

(C)
th_503samurott.png
th_528swoobat.png
th_596galvantula.png
th_620mienshao.png

This team looks fun. I used Swoobat, and it is fairly okay pre-E4 but then it is just outclassed by everything and wont do you much good, even during the E4. Darmanitan is pretty strong and should hold well, and Sawsbuck would be fun to use in my opinion. Galvantula is pretty good, and its typing provides nice type coverage. Mienshao is also good, as long as you don't mind getting it really late in the game. I suggest using Conkeldurr/Throh/Sawk since you can get them early, instead of Mienshao. Once again, this team is weak to Rock, so have Samurott and Mienshao handy in the caves.

(D)
th_503samurott.png
th_630mandibuzz.png
th_637volcarona.png
th_598ferrothorn.png
th_604eelektross.png
th_573cinccino.png

I wouldn't use this team just because you get most of them late in the game. You can't find Mandibuzz until after the 7th or 8th gym (I think), and Volcarona you will get late and will have to grind like 40 levels. Ferrothorn and Eelektross are sort of at a place that I would call the last place I would catch a team member, because you find them where it is pretty central and you wont have to grind too much, etc. I'm not sure how good Cinccino is, but she looks pretty :D Weakness wise, this team is extremely well rounded and wont easily fall to any one type.

(E)
th_503samurott.png
th_609chandelure.png
th_521unfezant.png
th_547whimsicott.png
th_553krookodile.png
th_576gothitelle.png

I like this team as well. Chandelure is great, and I've heard Unfezant is, Whimsicott is cute and does pretty well as well, and I've heard good things about Krookodile and Gothitelle. This team has pretty bad weakness to Ice and Bug, so be sure to strategize accordingly.

(F)
th_503samurott.png
th_635hydreigon.png
th_643reshiram.png
th_561sigilyph.png
th_523zebstrika.png

The only problem with this team is that you won't get 1/3 of it until right before or during the E4. Hydreigon is awesome, and strong while at it, as is Reshiram. Sawsbuck is pretty good and would be fun to use, and Sigilyph is crazy good and a lot better than Swoobat (sorry Swoobat D:). I have heard the Zebstrika can be frail, but I don't know. This team is really weak to Ice, so just keep that in mind.

Overall, I think I would choose Team B, but replace Simisear with Chandelure and Zebstrika with Eelektross.

I might not end up going with A if my bro (antho007911) won't let me trade.

I might go with E - so deku says massive Bug and Ice weakness with Team E? Chandelure can deal with both Bug and Ice types, you know (It is part Fire-type).

Snorelacks

How did anyone get the idea that Unfezant is good? What set can you run for Unfezant? Its most reliable Flying attack is... Aerial Ace (I guess if it holds a power herb, you can use Sky Attack... once).

Unfezant @ Life Orb/Power Herb
U-Turn
Aerial Ace/Sky Attack
Return
Hypnosis/Roost

252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SDef

Is the only set it can run effectively at all.
Too bad it didn't get Steel Wing or a Fighting move. That might have tipped it off.

Meh. Not that good. Staraptor still takes the cake.

CyberBlaziken

huh? whaaaaat?
Years
F is the one i'm liking.
Just replace Zebstrika with Elektross.

Or you could try team B. seems fine enough.

Years
Oh, I had no idea that Braviary is on exclusive for White. That sucks majorly since it's a badass flying type. I guess you're stuck with Unfezant or another crossbreed flying type.

Yes, I am choosing Unfezant.

As for CyberBlaziken's comment, I like Zebstrika way better than Eelektross.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 10, 2011
Well, in my run through of white, Krookodile, Haxorus, Samurott, and Victini were the real cornerstones on me team. I understand not using Victini because it is a legendary and some people don't use legendaries, so maybe you could use Darmanitan as an alternative. I'd go with Garvantula over Eelektross. Eelektross was just too slow.

That's just my opinion. Try and win with your favorites :)

Snorelacks

Um... you seem to be making some strange decisions...

Yes, I am choosing Unfezant.

As for CyberBlaziken's comment, I like Zebstrika way better than Eelektross.

What does anyone see in Unfezant? Can someone answer me that?
Disagree with both there, sorry. Anyone with White can trade you a Braviary, and it's way better than Unfezant.
What do you find in Zebstrika? Speed? That's all it has over Eelektross. I use both, I know. Do you just not want Eelektross because you've already caught a Zebstrika or because Tynamo are hard to find or something?

No, don't suggest Braviary as I am playing Black, not White.

I can trade you a Braviary and so can half of the Generation V players.

I might go with E - so deku says massive Bug and Ice weakness with Team E? Chandelure can deal with both Bug and Ice types, you know (It is part Fire-type).

Chandelure is one Pokemon. An amazing one, but nevertheless. Chandelure will faint at some point before all of your Bug and Ice weak Pokemon have in almost every battle (seeing as you have three Pokemon weak to Bug and three to Ice).

Again, what does anyone see in Unfezant?

Gymnotide

8377 | Scorpaeniform
Years
It's also in-game and any Pokemon can be used in-game.
If the OP wants to use a team that is subpar on a competitive level, so be it.

Though, I wonder why you suggested all those Pokemon if you obviously preferred others.

Years
What does anyone see in Unfezant? Can someone answer me that?
Disagree with both there, sorry. Anyone with White can trade you a Braviary, and it's way better than Unfezant.
What do you find in Zebstrika? Speed? That's all it has over Eelektross. I use both, I know. Do you just not want Eelektross because you've already caught a Zebstrika or because Tynamo are hard to find or something?

I can trade you a Braviary and so can half of the Generation V players.

Chandelure is one Pokemon. An amazing one, but nevertheless. Chandelure will faint at some point before all of your Bug and Ice weak Pokemon have in almost every battle (seeing as you have three Pokemon weak to Bug and three to Ice).

Again, what does anyone see in Unfezant?

Unfezant just looks like a great bird. Braviary is nice, but because my brother will be playing White he won't usually let me trade cos he is just too rough.

And I have not even played Black yet, my birthday is in October so I have not caught any Unova Pokes yet.

It's also in-game and any Pokemon can be used in-game.
If the OP wants to use a team that is subpar on a competitive level, so be it.

Though, I wonder why you suggested all those Pokemon if you obviously preferred others.

It's because some I like the design of, others not. As for the Zebstrika/Eelektross issue. I prefer Zebstrika cos of better design.

I'm not much of a competitive player.

I haven't even registered a Friend Code yet.

Years
  • Seen Aug 6, 2011
What about Archeops as an alternative to Unfezant? I used Unfezant for about the first 5 or so gym badges, then I switched over because Unfezant just wasn't cutting it. Archeops is awesome... as long as he doesn't get attacked because his defence isn't super high, his attack makes up for it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back