• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen How Did Inkay's Evolution Get Discovered?

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Aug 22, 2017
This is a question that has been bugging me for a while - I'd have never worked out that to get a Malamar I'd have to evolve Inkay while holding the DS upside down. I'm just curious as to how this was worked out; did someone accidentally stumble upon it, was information released giving us clues to it or were we just straight up told?

I've had enough trouble trying to work out evolutions (I don't like to Google if I can avoid it) like Goodra and the monkey trio (I didn't consider using stones) so this just seems completely beyond me.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
This is a question that has been bugging me for a while - I'd have never worked out that to get a Malamar I'd have to evolve Inkay while holding the DS upside down. I'm just curious as to how this was worked out; did someone accidentally stumble upon it, was information released giving us clues to it or were we just straight up told?

I've had enough trouble trying to work out evolutions (I don't like to Google if I can avoid it) like Goodra and the monkey trio (I didn't consider using stones) so this just seems completely beyond me.

Well there are very weird trainers in the Pokemon world. Even in-game we have some weird weird Pokemon and people( case and point The Mysterious Man). I wouldn't be that surprised if some dolt decided that all his Pokemon would battle better if they were battling upside-down. I really wouldn't put it past anyone to think of this. And then, maybe word got around and people decided to try it and it's evolution came about? Most likely the case.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 20, 2023
Yep, there's lots of weird trainers that seem to do anything. Like the rich kid in emerald who uses full restores on his lv 7 pokemon. Someone's bound to figure it out somehow. Although I wonder how it would work irl? Maybe you would have to hold it upside down.

Years
Yeah I guess we might have had information regarding its evolution process but I can't remember? Cause I mean it's pretty random and for someone to try that is pretty crazy, but like you guys said, some people would try anything.

blue

gucci
Years
first there was the rumour and then there was actual confirmation which is when i learnt how to. lucky for me too because i ended up using inkay and i wouldn't have knew for the life of me if i hadn't found out beforehand!

Back