• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jun 15, 2012
Hi! I'm new and was looking around, and found this. WOW! I love the ideas! Would love to play, though I'd have to learn how to download, or whatever you have to do to play, but that's still another 8 mounths, atleast. I love the Flood-lands, and the cemetary island!

Well, until later,
Eragon1997

grotle_grovyle

Incredibly Lazy Brainstormer
Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Wow, this is by far the most beautiful hack I've ever seen. Love the mapping, storyline, spriting...think I'll go nuts when the beta comes out. Keep it up!!!

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 14, 2013
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Help-14 has left its position as a scripter, and we need a talented person to replace him.

Our main problems are:

-pokémon menus
-bag menus
-battle system
-mini-games (fishing/archaeology)

We can provide all the graphic aid you may need.

This request is the most serious thing i've done since the beginning of Garnet. It's my personal deepest interest to find a scripter, as it signifies finishing Garnet or less.

And please, i'm asking responsible people with a medium-high/high knowledge of ruby scripting and pokémon essentials.

I can't grant anything in echange for that, except for my eternal gratitude and the "fame" your presence may bring.

Obviously, more than one person may be even better.

Please contact me via note or email. I'll talk with you and then decide.

I may contact two or three person by myself, but i'd prefer to receive your request, rather than asking myself.

Thank you.

Last edited:

cruciFICTION

A Cruciform Kaleidoscope
Years
Three things. First, I am absolutely stunned with the potential for awesome that Garnet has. Stunning work, good sir!
Second, I am still dubious as to the wealth and value of new types, let alone "Light, Sound, and s-theotherone". It kind of makes me want to sneer and turn away, but other than that, I love it.
Third, I share a birthday with Garnet. Or, rather, I share a birthday with this thread. October 8th. Good stuff.

Winneon

[b][color=#fb0120]しょう[/color][color=#fc6d24]が[/col
Years
LOVE this game! Can't wait for it to be released.:) I like the grass starter a lot.:D

grooveturtle

Turtle Tamer
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 17, 2013
Amazing sprite work, and from what I've seen in JUST the first post, it makes me wanna burn down Unova and replace it.
Quick Question:
Is it based off of a real life place? (All of the region's are different sectors of Japan, except for Unova, which is a screwed-up New York.)

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
Years
Pokemon Garnet the true fifth generation. I'm going to play this instead of black and white.
Nintendo has enough of my money what with me owning 80 percent of all the pokemon games.
This game is with out a doubt 9000 times better than black and white. Great job! Garnet staff.
This game gives me that feeling I felt when I played Red and blue in 1998 for the first time.
Absolute joy.

Years
  • Seen Mar 2, 2012
Exciting.

Stumbled across this game earlier today. And knew I had to make an account in order to be apart of this.

This game looks very impressive, and the starters look like they have some potential.

Last edited:

Rakki-neko

Zakki Orichalcum
Years
This looks incredible. I would have to agree Heart on this one:
heartofdestany said:
Pokemon Garnet [a] true fifth generation...This game gives me that feeling I felt when I played Red and blue in 1998 for the first time.
It looks fantastic.
I have three points, however; 1. would any of you have a problem with a playthrough of this game on my youtube channel when it finally is ready, when ever you release it? I would link it back here so you can hear the commentary and see if there are any bugs.
2. You can see the three starters on the first post. Is there any way to see the rest of the pokemon Dex that will be added here?
3. Is there anything we/I can do to help?

~Red

Meh. Hate me if you will.
Years
Three things. First, I am absolutely stunned with the potential for awesome that Garnet has. Stunning work, good sir!
Second, I am still dubious as to the wealth and value of new types, let alone "Light, Sound, and s-theotherone". It kind of makes me want to sneer and turn away, but other than that, I love it.
Third, I share a birthday with Garnet. Or, rather, I share a birthday with this thread. October 8th. Good stuff.

My birthday is also October the 8th :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 29, 2012
Pokemon Garnet :)
I love the world map. It's great!
The fakemon's showcased in the screenies are really good of concept, and sprite work.
I cannot wait to see more of this project.

Olliee

Spreading the Pokerus. PM me
Years
I've been following this for a year or so now, I thought it was lovely before.. but now it is just plain gorgeous.

phantom berzerker

INQUISITOR used TAUNT!
Years
This game is friggin' EPIC!!! Buuuuut... there's still a few things to be said.
1. You have not said anything about the battle frontier :P If you have no ideas for battle facilities at the moment, I would be happy to suggest a few.
2. The fakemon that you released 20 pages or so back are all too buff. They're all in the same general shape. Add a bit of variety.
3. You seem to be lacking a legendary trio. If not, then my mistake. But if so, may I suggest using serpents?
4. MORE SKIN!!!111!!!!1!!! Looks aren't everything, and I am not seeing any beef in the storyline. Plus, there has been no mention of an antagonist team or elite 4/champion. At least show a few overworld evil team sprites.
5. (Just a suggestion) Try something that no epic fangame has never done before: make new castform forms. Or even make it an eevee type of evolution chain with weather based dragons.

This is my constructive criticism. I think that garnet is a work of art. I am eager for the demo. These are a few things that I think should be worked on. I am freely willing to suggest fakemon at any time.
-PB

Years
  • Seen Oct 4, 2011
ungh, plz keep this alive! it looks *insert superlative of any positive word*! but how is this to be played? as i understood its not a hack, so... how to play it (i guess theres some piece of software?). i hope u found ur scripter. someone has to do it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back