• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Project Kanto Reformation-Gen 7 Pokemon added!

Should I add Mega Evolution to this game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years

The Introduction
172.gif

Pokémon. From Kyogre, the ocean behemoth, to the majestic and mysterious Arceus, soaring through the cosmos, they have always amazed us. There are so many that have been discovered and so many more that are yet to be found. Catching them all is a task the most ambitious strive to accomplish. Sadly, those in the region of Kanto once could not do this. But that is no longer true! Join us on an adventure of epic proportions through the newly reformed Kanto region, where new surprises await! Feel the intense rush of Talonflame's embers, the incredible whooshing sound of Staraptor's razor sharp wings, and the terrifying roar of Tyrantrum, all in one region! Are you ready? Then what are you waiting for? Come on in and Ketchum all!
Well, what makes this hack different from the other billion Fire Red remixes? I'm glad you asked! But since the list is so long and awesome I'm gonna have to put it in a spoiler.
152.gif

Spoiler:

Progress Report:
150.gif

As of April 24th 2017:
I'm starting again. The following screenshots are outdated.

Screenies (OUTDATED):
235.gif

Spoiler:

Tools Used:
025.gif
Hackmew's awesome thumb compiler
FBI's ASM Tutorials
The Quick R&D Thread
The ASM Resource Thread
Advance Map
Xtreme ScriptEditor
G3HS
Misc. Editor
Gen 3 Tools
Imgur
Touched's Mega Evolution Thread
Chaos Rush Sprites
Mr. Dollsteak Sugimori Palletes and Gen 6 Sprites
thedarkdragon11 Gen 7 Pokemon GBA Sprite Repository (64x64)

Special Thanks to:
Mr. Dollsteak
Hackmew
FBI
curiters
Sceptile90
absoluzion
Touched
thedarkdragon11
Chaos Rush
Nintendo/Gamefreak/Pokemon
...and all the creators of all the tools I used
Think I forgot you? PM me!

Beta Testers:
003.gif
curiters
Sceptile90
absoluzion
the-bromie

Youtubers:
the-bromie
Me (Bobsomeness)​

New beta coming soon!
Estimated Release Date: July 1st 2017
The beta will contain at least the first four gyms.

Attachments

• Kanto Reformation Version 0.25.ips
    467 KB · Views: 645
Last edited:

curiters

Oblivious - prevents me from being afflicted by in
Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
therefore u include all gen 4, 5, and 6 ?

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jul 9, 2016
Sorry, i´m new in this forum, where is the download link?

And about the game, i think that follow the pokemon-red line is perfect, an add all pokemon from I to VI gen makes me want to download and try it.
Hw¿ow about jotho? it sounds great for u? is it hard to add? or is not the idea..

Last edited:

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
Sorry, i´m new in this forum, where is the download link?

And about the game, i think that follow the pokemon-red line is perfect, an add all pokemon from I to VI gen makes me want to download and try it.
Hw¿ow about jotho? it sounds great for u? is it hard to add? or is not the idea..

Yea, I'll try to add Johto after Kanto is planned out. There is no download link as of now.

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017

Bobsomeness

Pure Bobsomeness
Years
So I've been thinking lately, what can I do to make this game more interseting? That's when it struck me. Mega evolution! But, I first want to hear what you guys think. I've posted a poll that will automatically close in a week, so please answer before then!

curiters

Years
  • Seen Jan 17, 2017
how about added some post game or side quest ? make some story how mega evolutions work for pokemon why they need to mega evolve just like that.
Well im just giving an idea.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen yesterday
Try to do something with how EV training is handled since Fire Red lacks the EV reducing berries. Some hacks have emulated the Super Training mini games to some extent. Try allowing tor something akin to the Pokethlon to work with EVs.

Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
Putting all 870 pokemons in Kanto + Sevii is actually bad idea.
This is a very small region, and squeezing all pokemons into it will not make it better.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Aug 15, 2019
It will be so much better with only the first and second gen of pokemons available, like only the 251 first

Years
  • Seen Oct 18, 2023
I certainly wouldn't mind having Gen I-VI Pokemon in game, as long as you expanded the Sevii islands more and maybe added some more maps to account for the extra Pokemon.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Jun 28, 2022
I suggest you hand-pick around 151-251 Pokemon (depends on how large you'd plan the Sevii Island expansion) from all the available generations, making sure to pay attention to the balance of type and role distribution in the game (e.g. choose 1-2, and not more, between Pidgey/Spearow/Hoothoot/Taillow/Starly/Pidove line to fulfill the Earlygame Bird Role).

For reference, take a look at the official Black/White regional dex (which is so balanced in type distribution you can run a mono-type playthrough with almost every type) and Doesn't Know How To Play's Yet Another Fire Red Hack (151 Pokemon picked across five generations).

In general, start small. Make sure the core game is stable enough before trying to execute something big.

Do you like the idea of gym leaders with no specific typing?

FWIW, I think this is a great idea that could give your hack a unique feel. You can also play around with specific team themes (defense/stall, weather, hyper-offense, status effect, etc.) if you wanted to, suited to the leaders' personality and difficulty relative to their in-game positioning.

Take heart and good luck.

Back