• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Is GTS instanced between generations?

Spiderz

old hat
Years
So when i search for Arceus on my pokemon Sun i get no results. While if i search for Arceus on Omega Ruby i get a handful of results that are fast moving (new trades come up and go down for it frequently) this is the same with a handful of other pokemon, seemingly the GTS on either game is different? how many different GTS systems exist? i've noticed my edit: *old* games have discontinued online services. Does Black 2 have its own GTS? or is it tied to Omega Ruby GTS?

Last edited:

Nah

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen yesterday
It's basically a generational thing. You can't trade on the GTS between generations, so what's available on XY/ORAS isn't available on Gen 7 and vice versa. And then both of these are separate from the Gen 4 and 5 GTSs, which don't function/have activity now anyway.

Back