• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
Meta, not sure if you're aware but something when go mining. The rock will say you hit something but nothing after that happens. You get nothing. I'm just wondering if it's a bug or you're just teasing us.

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Meta, not sure if you're aware but something when go mining. The rock will say you hit something but nothing after that happens. You get nothing. I'm just wondering if it's a bug or you're just teasing us.

I'm sure it's a bug in the mining script. I tried to fix it the best I could, but there are so many scripts that could be randomly called (as rarer items are harder to find) that it's nearly impossible to check in-game to make sure it's all working correctly. I'll try to fix it in the future.

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
Meta, i'm in cerulean, but i can't do the Myst Mermaid Event, I've checked the telefone, but nothing happen.
am i screwed ? Or just leave behind?

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
Meta, i'm in cerulean, but i can't do the Myst Mermaid Event, I've checked the telefone, but nothing happen.
am i screwed ? Or just leave behind?

It's following the anime so do what the anime did. I can't exactly remember what they did and It's been a long time since I played this hack. Im waiting for Metapod to finish it.

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2012
After the mewto event i went to the pokemon center, but when turned on the PC there was no WARP-option. Just OKA's PC, My PC, Prof. OKA's PC. please help i cant go on with the story! :)

mitchel1

Rom-hacker/scripter
Years
Hey metapod,

After one year of hacking I've to say you did an excellent job on Ash Gray!
I´d lie if I say I didn't try this hack. You did an excellent (outstanding) job on your scripting, but two things bothers me through.
Since I'm a criticizer on graphics and mapping aswell, You should learn how to create/combine your own tilesets and use these to attract people with, how I call it, "eye-candy"!

Also I experienced a lack on mapping, mainly I guess this has something to do with mapping based on the Anime, so please don´t take this to personal!
Shortly said, you did an excellent job on this project, but you´ve still a long road ahead of you! You´re growing on the side of rom-hacking, and you're not grown out yet! Continue your hacking career!

Good luck!

~Mitchel1
Spoiler:

Years
  • Seen Oct 24, 2014
It's following the anime so do what the anime did. I can't exactly remember what they did and It's been a long time since I played this hack. Im waiting for Metapod to finish it.

Have you done every episode before it?

Yes i'm Following the anime, but i evolved pikachu, bulbasaur and Squirtle so i've lost some episodes like: Bulbasaur's Mysterious Garden / Pokémon Paparazzi / Beach Blank-out Blastoise.
Maybe this is the problem.
By the way, ididn't move any bad egg.

Metapod 23 Help me ;D

metapod23

Hardened Trainer
Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2016
Hey metapod,

After one year of hacking I've to say you did an excellent job on Ash Gray!
I´d lie if I say I didn't try this hack. You did an excellent (outstanding) job on your scripting, but two things bothers me through.
Since I'm a criticizer on graphics and mapping aswell, You should learn how to create/combine your own tilesets and use these to attract people with, how I call it, "eye-candy"!

Also I experienced a lack on mapping, mainly I guess this has something to do with mapping based on the Anime, so please don´t take this to personal!
Shortly said, you did an excellent job on this project, but you´ve still a long road ahead of you! You´re growing on the side of rom-hacking, and you're not grown out yet! Continue your hacking career!

Good luck!

~Mitchel1
Spoiler:

Thanks for the compliments on scripting, mitchel. I know the graphics are still mostly the Fire Red ones, but I'm not much of a spriter, so I'm not sure how much I'm ultimately going to be changing those.

And I do agree about the maps/routes. I know a lot of them could be improved and made more interesting to navigate. I might go back toward the end and do that. I'm probably just going to try to finish all the episode events first, though.

Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.

That event should be safe to skip, though, if worse comes to worst.

Update: A little update. I've added a new tool that will be available in the Orange Archipelago - a Climb Kit. It will allow you to do the equivalent of using Rock Climb.

AshKetchumisnumber1

Pokémon Master
Years
Thanks for the compliments on scripting, mitchel. I know the graphics are still mostly the Fire Red ones, but I'm not much of a spriter, so I'm not sure how much I'm ultimately going to be changing those.

And I do agree about the maps/routes. I know a lot of them could be improved and made more interesting to navigate. I might go back toward the end and do that. I'm probably just going to try to finish all the episode events first, though.

Pinotti, I don't know why the Misty Mermaid event wouldn't activate. As soon as you take a step after leaving of the cave, a message should appear saying the phone is ringing, and then you should be able to talk to it.

The only reason that wouldn't happen is if someone was messing with bad eggs in their boxes.

That event should be safe to skip, though, if worse comes to worst.

Update: A little update. I've added a new tool that will be available in the Orange Archipelago - a Climb Kit. It will allow you to do the equivalent of using Rock Climb.
sweet thats good to hear metapod
i hope u do well with the rest of the episodes n release a new beta sometime this coming week if possible

good luck :)

pokemonmaster42
Ash Ketchum
gotta catch 'em all

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
hey everyone just a little update on the strategy guide i have done 13 episodes and added a table of contents and few more things this week i should have the next set out soon..

Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2012
Hi there, I was playing this awsome game but I got owned in The Ultimate Test event, what can I do to continue?

Years
  • Seen Dec 3, 2013
in that event ash doesn't win so just move on it is not required to win that battle

Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
i think aerodoctyl event has a bug.. if u go to that cave again then also aerodoctyl appears and leaves egg.. which happens again n again..

Years
  • Seen Apr 6, 2012
Could someone explain me something: My Metapod only evolved in Butterfree at level 11, so he didn't learn Confusion(I didn't stop him evolve, in other games it evolves at level 10), is it part of this game(if so what level will he learn Confusion), or a bug?

Back