• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Patch: Pokemon Fire Red Patch 1020/1460 Rombases UPDATE 6/23/16 Beta 1.1 Released

Years
found a bug regarding to your 1406 base. in the item manager at the attack tab. the names doesnt shows. so kinda hard to read what attack its located at the differnets TM/HM

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen Nov 16, 2016
I'm so inlove with this game.
Hope we could get more updates or complete version of this best rom hack ever!

Ps, alola forms, UB :p

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Note : with this program you may get some errors that's fine because if you do just click the play button as that will take you to a recovery option and when it does just type in these values

Pokemon : 1020
Types : 24
Items : keep it the same number (unless you changed it yourself)
Abilites :156
Moves : 511

And that's all hope this helps you I will link this to the op for anyone who needs it

What if we don't need that many? I'd only need slightly more than 721 slots (I think) for a potential Rom Hack. What would happen if I changed that to be something along the lines of 750? Would that break anything?
(Also, I wouldn't include Gen 7 Pokemon. I'd make the excuse that they're only found in Alola. It IS based on Hawaii, after all.)

pokefreak890

The One that will make everything great
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
What if we don't need that many? I'd only need slightly more than 721 slots (I think) for a potential Rom Hack. What would happen if I changed that to be something along the lines of 750? Would that break anything?
(Also, I wouldn't include Gen 7 Pokemon. I'd make the excuse that they're only found in Alola. It IS based on Hawaii, after all.)

Yes it would break stuff and also it's more of a hassle to reduce the amount of Pokémon then it is to increase the amount of Pokémon anyway and besides you don't have to use all 1020/1460 just use whatever you want and leave the rest blank

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Yes it would break stuff and also it's more of a hassle to reduce the amount of Pokémon then it is to increase the amount of Pokémon anyway and besides you don't have to use all 1020/1460 just use whatever you want and leave the rest blank
OK. Two more things.
1) Would that conflict with completing the Pokedex, or would the empty slots not be counted?
2) Speaking of the Pokedex, do you get the National Dex right away, or do I have to add that myself?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
OK. Two more things.
1) Would that conflict with completing the Pokedex, or would the empty slots not be counted?
2) Speaking of the Pokedex, do you get the National Dex right away, or do I have to add that myself?

The ones that are empty won't be counted but if you do for whatever reason put a blank mon with no pokedex entry in your game and u test it the game will crash or break in some form and also in one of the bases you do get the national dex immediately and the other one you don't(you get the national dex by talking to the bug guy in viridian city)

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Ok.
One more thing. In PGE, how do I edit one of the empty spaces to add a new Pokemon? I want to add Alolan Vulpix (I know I said I wouldn't add Gen 7 Pokemon, but this is important for the main character's backstory, being from Alola) to the game as the starter of the game.
Also, is the 1020 one the one that has the National Dex in Viridian or immediately?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Ok.
One more thing. In PGE, how do I edit one of the empty spaces to add a new Pokemon? I want to add Alolan Vulpix (I know I said I wouldn't add Gen 7 Pokemon, but this is important for the main character's backstory, being from Alola) to the game as the starter of the game.
Also, is the 1020 one the one that has the National Dex in Viridian or immediately?

Don't edit the slots in PGE the program will crash since there's no moveset data there so if u wanna add sprites use A-series and then add the moves in G3HS even though that program is outdated but it works for my base

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Don't edit the slots in PGE the program will crash since there's no moveset data there so if u wanna add sprites use A-series and then add the moves in G3HS even though that program is outdated but it works for my base

Problem. Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor is only showing Pokemon slots up to Chimecho.
How do I make it show all the others?

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Problem. Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor is only showing Pokemon slots up to Chimecho.
How do I make it show all the others?

There is a folder called INI open up the fire red INI and also open the pokeroms INI in G3HS and what you need to do then is look for everything that the A-series INI needs in the G3HS INI and put the offsets in the A-series INI then it will work

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
There is a folder called INI open up the fire red INI and also open the pokeroms INI in G3HS and what you need to do then is look for everything that the A-series INI needs in the G3HS INI and put the offsets in the A-series INI then it will work

I don't think I understand. Does it have something to do with the ini merger in G3HS?
Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
I don't think I understand. Does it have something to do with the ini merger in G3HS?
Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

Nah you're fine anyway no that's not what I mean I mean open up both the G3HS INI and the A-series INI then in the A-series INI there are some stuff in it with offsets for example front sprite table= 125FC8 then go to G3HS and find the front sprite table part in the INI and copy that offset and paste that offset over whatever is on the A-series INI and do that for all of them

In case you still don't understand can u put both A-series and G3HS INI in pastebin so I can look at them and tell u what to do

Cuprite (Kyu)

Formerly TheGoldenRiolu
Years
Nah you're fine anyway no that's not what I mean I mean open up both the G3HS INI and the A-series INI then in the A-series INI there are some stuff in it with offsets for example front sprite table= 125FC8 then go to G3HS and find the front sprite table part in the INI and copy that offset and paste that offset over whatever is on the A-series INI and do that for all of them

In case you still don't understand can u put both A-series and G3HS INI in pastebin so I can look at them and tell u what to do

So basically, paste the highlighted ones over their corresponding lines in Cuprite.ini (Copy of FireRed (U).ini)?
iniedit.png

pokefreak890

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen May 18, 2023
Yeah but you're in the wrong section of the INI you need to go to the one that says 0000 for the numbers of fire red or 0002 though and make sure you change the amount of species to 1020 and do the palette and icon table but you dont need to copy and paste everything just the offsets

Back