• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Genesis

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Thanks for all the bug reports. They've all been fixed now. I'll upload the fixed beta once Esmas is finished with the OW sprites. If you want to continue past the cut tree just use A-Map to move the script tiles around the entrance otherwise wait for the fixed beta.

The Catacombs event isn't necessary to progress the game so just ignore it for now.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 22, 2024
Very very nice hack I believe I will try it.

It will be the first hack I have played in a while ^^

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
Bug:
The littel girl in Latim city's cave is a total bug..
I tried to talk to here but she said "Here is comes again!" and the game got CRASHED
I tried to use another Version of GBA but its not helpin'..

Lady Berlitz

Cinnamon ♪
Years
Thanks for all the bug reports. They've all been fixed now. I'll upload the fixed beta once Esmas is finished with the OW sprites. If you want to continue past the cut tree just use A-Map to move the script tiles around the entrance otherwise wait for the fixed beta.
Yeah, sorry for not finishing them. I've been quite busy, and I've also gotten a lot of sprite requests. I'll finish them as soon as I can (unfortunately for me, the hardest hero that you chose to sprite was the one without a hat :[).

Years
  • Seen Aug 17, 2011
i got a problem. i cant get into the cave. i forget the name of the cave. after i cut the tree then i can't enter. the game crashed.

Bibliophibian

Wonder Trade Addict
Years
i got a problem. i cant get into the cave. i forget the name of the cave. after i cut the tree then i can't enter. the game crashed.

Thrace mentioned a few posts ago that you need to go into Advance Map and move the cut tree script away from the front of the cave if you wanted to continue without waiting for a fixed beta.

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2009
there is a guy in the library that when i talk to, the screen goes red kinda like the girl in the catacombs.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I finally got back so I can play this!

I didn't get far, but encountered two glitches.

The first one: If you chose Spheal, and you use tackle on your rival's Mareep, it will paralyze it, but won't show the paralysis sign.

The second one: You can still go into the first gym when the note is on the door.

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2021
ooo crap.. too many bags..
in the cave to the "ice city" too many ladders dont work..
and i cant reach to the ice city

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
1 error and two more glitches:

Error: On the other side of the gate before entering Latim City, you can stand on the left tip of the tree on top of the stairs.

Glitch 1: When you goto talk to the girl inside the catacombs, she tells you the monster is coming, it freezes.

Glitch 2: The staircases inside Latim City's building that go up to the left are glitched up, but you can still go up them.

GKS

Retired Hacker
Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
I remember when I was learning to hack I saw this (old thread) and looked forward to it, now the third beta is out. I will try it soon.

Everything looks great, especially the title screen. I hope to see more of it.

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
Great hack but 1 question;

When does Mareep evolve mines at lvl 21 and it hasn't evolved
It evolves at lvl24.

I didn't have any motivation to hack today but I wanted to get something done so I inserted a new bag for the male hero.
2e34fx4.png

Credit goes to Kyledove for the bag.

Ryousha

Waiting for Gen 4 Remakes
Years
Woah, nice going Thrace.

Bag looks nifty. though isnt odd the character is a FR/LG character with a bag with so many pockets?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
That bag look's awesome !
i wonder if you can make a tut on how to do it.
well good luck.
It's not very difficult at all, you just replace the image found in UNLZ.

I've been working on a new town called Fiore Town for a couple of days now. I haven't been happy with the way it looked so I gave it minor alterations here and there, I'm still not 100% happy with it, though I'm never 100% happy with any of my maps.
344ckkz.png
2num42v.png
amcr3t.png
1z37y9v.png

Mitchman

Banned
Years
OO fiore town nice. Does it have connections with the region? It seems good and wow a gym as well. So question. The new beta how many gyms?

Thrace

@tion
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 2, 2016
OO fiore town nice. Does it have connections with the region? It seems good and wow a gym as well. So question. The new beta how many gyms?
Its the third-to-last town in the Serao region. Its one of the four towns that border the Cave of Origin. The next beta will go all the way up to the Elite 4. But thats still a long way away.

Back